Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I'm trying to remember a game that I outright immediately stopped playing when I realized it was silently turning down the difficulty in response to repeated failures on my part, with no option to tell the difficulty adjustment to gently caress off

Probably a few that do this but this one twisted my jibblies especially hard, maybe it was a DMC game

Amnesia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I'm trying to remember a game that I outright immediately stopped playing when I realized it was silently turning down the difficulty in response to repeated failures on my part, with no option to tell the difficulty adjustment to gently caress off

Probably a few that do this but this one twisted my jibblies especially hard, maybe it was a DMC game

solution: be better at games.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Never played that one!

Stux posted:

solution: be better at games.

not all of us have your natural inborn skill Stux :smith:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm trying to find a Red Dead Redemption thread but I'm having a hard time on the Awful app. Anyone have a link to it if there is one that might have news about the PS Now release and RDR2?

Westworld made me need more Wild West savagery.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ciaphas posted:

Resident Evil 4? Max Payne? Ratchet and Clank? Tons of great games do that, dude.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For Honor's singleplayer is always-online despite Ubisoft saying it wouldn't be

that's gonna suck for people who like that game, when Viviendi takes over and shuts down the servers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snowy posted:

I'm trying to find a Red Dead Redemption thread but I'm having a hard time on the Awful app. Anyone have a link to it if there is one that might have news about the PS Now release and RDR2?

Westworld made me need more Wild West savagery.

I don't think it's around anymore. But for real, when you get right down to it, the online is basically Westworld. :eyepop:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

For Honor's singleplayer is always-online despite Ubisoft saying it wouldn't be

that's gonna suck for people who like that game, when Viviendi takes over and shuts down the servers

For Honor barely has single player, doesn't it?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I don't think it's around anymore. But for real, when you get right down to it, the online is basically Westworld. :eyepop:

Whatever world encounter they put in RDR2 where you find a robot gunslinger malfunctioning or something like that will be extremely good

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im finally getting around to uncharted 4 and its pretty good, i really liked going through the drake's house and examining the old bits and bobs from other games, as well as playing pop gun with the targets

this game Is Good so far

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

youtube suggested this cool f-zero video to me so i'm posting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA4uqCREOKY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

For Honor barely has single player, doesn't it?
it has a campaign, they showed it at E3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The cheese is under the sauce. That stuff isn't as bad as it looks but even at it's best it's still like the lowest tier of pizza.

I think you're thinking of Chicago style pizza, which is not pizza.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Uncharted 1-3 and the new Tomb Raiders are all the perfect length give or take an hour. UC4 was too long but in a good way, if that makes sense. Same with TLOU now that I think on it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-horse-prince/id1173408461?mt=8

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh my God you can play crash 1

wow im worse at this game than i remember being...

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tomorrow is my birthday

whats a good birthday game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

tomorrow is my birthday

Parasite Eve 3 :unsmigghh:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

chumbler posted:

Parasite Eve 3 :unsmigghh:

is that on the vita

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lets hang out posted:

youtube suggested this cool f-zero video to me so i'm posting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA4uqCREOKY

The computer almost catches up at the end. :catstare:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dewgy posted:

The computer almost catches up at the end. :catstare:

nintendo racing games love rubber banding

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What the...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

tomorrow is my birthday

Mario Party 4

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

What the...

Shoot him

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

gently caress that dude just run

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How come 3D never took off for games? Or does it really not matter anymore now that VR exists?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

How come 3D never took off for games? Or does it really not matter anymore now that VR exists?

3D requires a hell of a lot of work to do properly and even then it gives a fair number of people a lot of headaches.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Because 3D tvs never took off and in general it was hard to play it like that for very long. Even the 3DS, which came with no glasses 3D, kind of backed away from it because it just wasn't pleasant to play for too long

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The same reason its mostly family films that do 3d. It's extra development time for a novelty that hurts your eyes and has worse image quality than 2d.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Approximately nobody bought 3D TVs as well.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I watched the end of Twin Peaks and I am not satisfied. I think this must be what fans of Lost felt like.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At least Lost had an ending! :(

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Same. Not really the solution, but spoilered for courtesy: The instructions shouldn't be "run away" because you know how to do that and if you do, you have to start over. You'll figure it out next time you try it.

You're right, that's more obvious when you actually see that, and it's pretty dumb to boot.

Woo, went through like three chapters in 30 minutes, this would be the Xenogears comparison I've been hearing. Xenogears 2nd disc had more substance than these last chapters, holy poo poo.

Chapter 13 grumblings make more sense (though I stopped at the first rest area for the night).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm playing Dead Space 1 for the first time and here are my thoughts so far:

-The Plasma Cutter or whatever it's called (the default gun) seems to be by far the best thing to use. I've tried some of the other weapons and it's the only one that can seemingly kill anything, including bosses.
-However I'm finding that I burn through the ammo super quickly. Like I just finished the boss at the end of Chapter 6 and went from around ~120 bullets to less than 20. I have the Force Gun to use for a while but again, it feels like it kind of sucks compared to the Cutter.
-Game is good but also very stressful.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Persona 4 has more in common with Twin Peaks than I thought, with characters' dark sides and needing to accept them. Plenty to appreciate but plenty that seems like being mysterious for the sake of being inscrutable.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Phantasium posted:

You're right, that's more obvious when you actually see that, and it's pretty dumb to boot.

Woo, went through like three chapters in 30 minutes, this would be the Xenogears comparison I've been hearing. Xenogears 2nd disc had more substance than these last chapters, holy poo poo.

Chapter 13 grumblings make more sense (though I stopped at the first rest area for the night).

The first four times you think, "boy, Chapter 13 has to be wrapping up soon," you're going to be wrong. I'm eager to read your thoughts when you finish it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

-The Plasma Cutter or whatever it's called (the default gun) seems to be by far the best thing to use. I've tried some of the other weapons and it's the only one that can seemingly kill anything, including bosses.
-However I'm finding that I burn through the ammo super quickly. Like I just finished the boss at the end of Chapter 6 and went from around ~120 bullets to less than 20. I have the Force Gun to use for a while but again, it feels like it kind of sucks compared to the Cutter.

Buy ammo for other guns or dont get other guns. The game drops ammo for what you dont have, so if youre full on everything else it will only drop ammo for the cutter.

The easiest achievment is besting the game using nothing but the cutter. I missed it because i didnt learn that tip until too late.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Upgrade that stasis too, it's very useful. Man, Dead Space is a really really good game and I should replay it one day.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

The Plasma Cutter is one of the overall best weapons in the game, yeah. It's just incredibly powerful, accurate, fast and good at effectively everything and if you don't buy other weapons you're swimming in ammo you can sell to upgrade your rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Ripper kicks rear end. It's a saw blade that you can keep suspended in the air a few feet in front of you and it just chews everything up it's great.

• Locked thread