Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

100-gemmed up a Traitor's Bow. Not great but hey at minimum it's a ranged statstick for XII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Got Rikku's burst from my dollar draw!

Now I wish I had any other good water SB's.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Used my before last 100 Gem. I get Last Judgement Grimoire.

Y--Yay? I guess I have ALL of Tyro's relics, now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I am 3/3 on dollar pulls.

What. The. gently caress.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I actually haven't had many situations in which I've needed Sapphire Shot on Tidus, honestly. Generally I want lifesiphon and powerchain on him, or powerchain and a 3* spellblade for hitting a weakness. It's not extremely impressive if you're using a melee weapon, which you are on him because his OSB sword boosts water.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Pulled Razzmatazz on my dollar.

I now have SuperTidus. OSB, BSB and a golden hairpin if I really want.

I actually have two copies of his OSB, so I could combine them and give him a 7* +water for every realm, but I figure I'm better off with two 6* X swords for synergy?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I actually haven't had many situations in which I've needed Sapphire Shot on Tidus, honestly. Generally I want lifesiphon and powerchain on him, or powerchain and a 3* spellblade for hitting a weakness. It's not extremely impressive if you're using a melee weapon, which you are on him because his OSB sword boosts water.

Admittedly, I usually use Sapphire Shot against water weak enemies or stuff that is going to live long enough for BSB-> OSB shenanigans, since I'm usually chasing utility from Northern Cross or Tempo Flurry for medals, or just PC/FC/PC/SB funtimes, buuuuut...

For the record:

Sapphire Shot with a melee weapon is 3.3 with a 1.65 cast time. Saints Cross is 3.4 at 1.8. So, strictly from a per cast time perspective, it's already better than Saint's Cross.

And then, With Apocalypse, that's effectively 3.96 with a 1.65 cast time. With a Golden Hairpin as well, 4.62. For reference Full Charge is 4.68 (though, obviously, has fewer capping issues.)

You do not need a ranged weapon to get a ton of mileage out of Sapphire Shot. Certainly more than any 3* spellblade basically ever. Often more than Lifesiphon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

no no NO you do NOT put a filtered banner with Apocalypse X and Orichalcum Dirk in the game for me to pull on before the festival and the XIV banners you piece of poo poo game :mad:

Orichalcum Dirk is amazing. Vaan never, ever leaves my team. It's even ranged for those pesky no-melee bosses, not that it matters too much since Vaan can use guns if you record dive him. :buddy:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wilekat posted:

Pulled Razzmatazz on my dollar.

I now have SuperTidus. OSB, BSB and a golden hairpin if I really want.

I actually have two copies of his OSB, so I could combine them and give him a 7* +water for every realm, but I figure I'm better off with two 6* X swords for synergy?

This is the rare case, as with many excaliburs, where you're almost certainly better off combining, because a 7* + water with full Rosetta's has over 200 attack and is actually better than synergy weapons in many realms even before the +water absurdity comes into play.

Especially given that you have a Hairpin and a Tidus BSB sword as a synergy weapon for X.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
100 gem pull got me... A Peacekeeper, a.k.a. Rosetta stone at this point for me.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Decide to do an 11 pull on Celerity, because why not, it's a pretty solid banner with a good spread for synergy, which is a good thing to throw my mythril at.

I get an Ogre.

My... third Ogre.

I can't tell if I just had a bad or good draw, someone help me out here.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I didn't have anything on this banner, so I pulled 11x twice, since I have plenty of realm dungeons left to farm.

Got Tidus OSB and Rikku BSB. Let the floods begin.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I throw Sapphire Shot onto my Support (which means Fran, or Irvine in a VIII realm) if they have a Full Break SB (or if I'm RWing one), since Vaan usually covers the Magic/Armor portion. Or hey, if the boss is mainly magical, Vaan can cover that and they just use Full Break + Sapphire Shot.

Fran could use Northern Cross too if I don't need more than two shots of a DPS skill.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

This is the rare case, as with many excaliburs, where you're almost certainly better off combining, because a 7* + water with full Rosetta's has over 200 attack and is actually better than synergy weapons in many realms even before the +water absurdity comes into play.

Especially given that you have a Hairpin and a Tidus BSB sword as a synergy weapon for X.

Becomes even easier to make the decision when I remember Paine is FFX so I actually have two 5* swords.

I guess Tidus is locked in for the foreseeable future! Which is fine, because he's awesome.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I know I shouldn't pull because OSBfest and Minfilia are right there but

WELP

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Couldn't resist pulling for a shot at Vaan's BSB. Didn't get it of course, but I ended up with 4/11:

Apocalypse Sword (VII)
Koga Blade (VI)
Force Knuckles (X)
Shiny Thing (VI)

My VI synergy is pretty good now, though I'm missing a medica. Apocalypse Sword is a dupe, might combine it since I have pretty good VII synergy too. I'm pretty pumped about the Shadow and Rikku stuff because I've been wanting to mess around with ninjas for a good while and never got any gear for them. Hard to turn down a burst and a rare (?) debuff ID. Rikku is just insanely versatile in general, good lord I never actually looked that close at what she could do.

I have no idea what to think of Shiny Thing. It looks fun if nothing else, but I dunno how good it actually is and Gau seems kinda...poo poo.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Adel posted:

WELP

You have now enabled easy mode for this game.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Couldn't resist pulling for a shot at Vaan's BSB. Didn't get it of course, but I ended up with 4/11:

Apocalypse Sword (VII)
Koga Blade (VI)
Force Knuckles (X)
Shiny Thing (VI)

My VI synergy is pretty good now, though I'm missing a medica. Apocalypse Sword is a dupe, might combine it since I have pretty good VII synergy too. I'm pretty pumped about the Shadow and Rikku stuff because I've been wanting to mess around with ninjas for a good while and never got any gear for them. Hard to turn down a burst and a rare (?) debuff ID. Rikku is just insanely versatile in general, good lord I never actually looked that close at what she could do.

I have no idea what to think of Shiny Thing. It looks fun if nothing else, but I dunno how good it actually is and Gau seems kinda...poo poo.

Gau can Powerchain/Full Charge and has decent ATK; really that and an SB is all a character needs to be good.

Shiny Thing is great for hone extension on AoE fights - it's real solid for the current Ult, for example - but against single targets, it's only worth using late because you'd rather be using PC/FC.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Adel posted:

WELP

This is a ridiculous pull. Nice!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hah, Gilgamesh's BSB is hilarious for this first Nightmare fight. 50% of the bosses turns became "skip your turn and take 30k damage."

Also ughhh Ahriman again. Hate that drat thing.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I was saving up for OSB Fest, Minifilia and TGCid, but then I got stuck on the FF6 Ultimate and decided to pull on Keeper's Banner 2 for Shout and/or Wall (mostly Wall), since I still have a lot of dungeons to mine and a little stockpile of mythril. I didn't get Wall, but I did finally get Shout, plus Squall's old BSB. And then I started looking at this banner, and realized most of the stuff I want in OSBfest is available here. So I pulled and got a Shiny Thing...AND APOCALYPSE! I've got a 7 star Golden Hairpin! My first OSB!
I also did a dollar pull, which got me Razzmatazz. Uh...at least it's a 5 star!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I also did a dollar pull, which got me Razzmatazz. Uh...at least it's a 5 star!
:argh: you just pulled all three parts of water god tidus don't you dare give me this disappointment crap

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Razzmatazz + Apocalypse is the Water God combo, I'm pretty sure you get more damage from Abes All-star + Energy Rain than you would from chaining two Energy Rains together, plus being able to take advantage of the Enwater property and burst commands with a +Water sword can make for some serious Attack commands or Sapphire Shots. You done good.

Man, everyone seems to be pulling raw octane from this banner. I'm getting more tempted by the minute...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Rikku is incredibly loved; aside from not being able to use Ninja, she completely outclasses Yuffie and Edge at base, and gives every other Celerity 5* other than Vaan a run for their money. She's just one really good SB away from being top-tier.

Shiny Thing's alright; the entry is standard AoE SSB fare, and then you get three free turns of effectively Sky Grinder (minus the crit chance). It's not amazing, but the damage is actually pretty competent, just imagine that it's a AoE-focused BSB, since Gau isn't going to be doing much else anyway. As for the character himself, he's got Powerchain + Full Charge, which is something.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Razzmatazz + Apocalypse is the Water God combo, I'm pretty sure you get more damage from Abes All-star + Energy Rain than you would from chaining two Energy Rains together, plus being able to take advantage of the Enwater property and burst commands with a +Water sword can make for some serious Attack commands or Sapphire Shots. You done good.

Man, everyone seems to be pulling raw octane from this banner. I'm getting more tempted by the minute...

Well dollar pull got me a garbo 3* so there's your cautionary tale if you're looking for one. I'm sure as hell not doing an 11 pull though. If it were actual Lucky maybe, but not full price.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:argh: you just pulled all three parts of water god tidus don't you dare give me this disappointment crap

I wrote the wrong sword. It's the Force Sabre. I would NOT have been unhappy about Razzmatazz. I got my FFX water swords mixed up.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I got Rikku's SSB and Zack's SSB and feel a little remorse, but it's probably only because I don't give a poo poo about Zack and already have like four FF7 swords.

It's probably close to the worst 5* I could've possibly pulled.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SSB+ only? Tempting. May give it a few days to see if they announce some kind of Christmas pull, I only have 60 right now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

For real. 11 pulled on a whim and went 3/11:

Thief's Knife
Razzmatazz :black101:
Force Knuckles

Easily worth the 50 mithril. All 3 are new for me and while I don't have Tidus's OSB and don't plan to chase it I'm sure I can somehow find a way to manage without it. Only thing I lack at this point is a (good) healer BSB but I can do do just usually RW Eiko's BSB and have Tyro use it while Noel/Vaan/Ramza/Agrias(or whomever) proceeded to murder with impunity. Sitting on 105 mithril so maybe I'll chase on the ff14 banner and forgo Orlandu's entirely.

For Tidus, using his lvl 99 RM is generally better than using something like Pride of the Red Wings right? The lvl 99 is 30% or so +water dmg vs the 20% from pride or similar non-99 weapon RMs?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The banner goes away on the 22nd and the Fest banners should leak before then so if nothing on there entices me (unlikely but possible) or if I somehow rip everything I want in one or two pulls (lmao) I might give it a go. Waiting until then, though.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

The banner goes away on the 22nd and the Fest banners should leak before then so if nothing on there entices me (unlikely but possible) or if I somehow rip everything I want in one or two pulls (lmao) I might give it a go. Waiting until then, though.

Ahaha wish I'd realized that and waited on pulling, I kinda sunk a bit more into this banner than I wanted to chasing Rikku's BSB. Remember that no one posts their lovely pulls (unless it's hilarious like 11 Revolvers).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm on 150 Mythril right now, current plan is 50 on Angeal 1, 50 on XIV, and then save the last 50 to see if anything on OSB jumps out, and if not, those will be saved for future LDs.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Dollar pull got me rikku's ssb. :toot:

Man I didn't realize this was a full-on banner. I might have to seriously bypass any osb banner for the poo poo on this. 5* celerity is kinda a rare enough ability that I can get some really good poo poo here.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Wait. I blinked and Nightmare Atomos was dead. :psyduck: I mean, I'm not complaining, but that fight barely saw a Phase 2, much less a fight to keep me out of phase 3.

I'd definitely say that this was the easiest Nightmare boss after Demon Wall, that's for sure. Part of that was probably due to me having OK BSB (and Zell/OK record sphere'd up to Celerity 5), but past that, it just... even if I had to use mooks I didn't have sweet SBs for, I probably could've done this with little issue.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Atomos is the easiest Nightmare boss period. Demon Wall at least has a gimmick you had to respect when the encounter launched. Atomos just kind of smiles at you then dies.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dollar draw got me Koga Blade - not bad, but I ran out of eggs getting Cyan and Leo up to speed :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Gah, stupid sexy Celerity banner. I already have Vaan BSB, I don't need this.

...buuut.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Never not pull.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Atomos is the easiest Nightmare boss period. Demon Wall at least has a gimmick you had to respect when the encounter launched. Atomos just kind of smiles at you then dies.

I mean, I chalked it up to good gear, but yeah. He was already down to 25% HP before the gimmick phase even showed up, and didn't get a single turn after that. He's basically just a sandbag that'll cast Comet once and then explode into a fine red mist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I need someone to post a Last Judgement Grimoire/11 fast.

Just finished a multiplayer fight where someone brought Tyro, disconnected, and only had his Default SB equipped. It was fun :v:

• Locked thread