Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

so does jared goff have any talent at all and is just being held down or is he just a whiff?

Jeff Fisher is pretty damned close to the bottom of the list of people I'd want molding a quarterback. Goff gets a pass on this year.

I mean the Rams have managed to make Gurley look pretty bad, they're just a total mess on offense. Dead last in both scoring and yardage this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also this is from a few pages back but I feel it should be mentioned that the Lions owner is a 91 year old woman who hand-writes christmas cards for all the players and has shown more initiative in improving the organization in two years than her husband did in fifty.

Martha Ford is pretty okay in my book.

She murdered Rob Bironas maybe???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress you Jeff Fisher. Today's pretty cool, in that regard.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dez turnovers: 1

Dak turnovers: 3

yep, checks out, Dez is clearly the one responsible

Dak's first interception WAS Dez's fault, if he doesn't slip either he catches that ball or at least is in the way of the Giants player that intercepted it.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Fisher got the extension before the season started, it was just announced/leaked/whatever a week ago

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Bruce Arians is such a piece of poo poo. I can't believe I almost hate him as much as Pete Carroll.

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/808392825280704512

https://twitter.com/Kroll2Mark/status/808403628851535872

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My group of friends who are insane Michigan fans are flipping the gently caress out right now about all the smoke of Harbaugh to LA .

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

My group of friends who are insane Michigan fans are flipping the gently caress out right now about all the smoke of Harbaugh to LA .

I would laugh my rear end off if he bolted but I don't see it. He's worshiped by the Michigan fanbase and it was a huge coup to get him there in the first place so I doubt the administration has done anything to make him want to leave. This will sound cliche but I honestly think Michigan is a better position than the Rams right now, maybe for the foreseeable future. Tell your friends to smoke a bowl and relax.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i would like everyone to please stop hating on Desean Jackson he is a cool dude who never hurt anyone and it's not his fault MrLogan is a dummy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That was the Ravens coaching staff on display right there. Just an absolutely pitiful and miserable performance. They were unprepared and incapable. The QB sucks, the coach sucks, and it's time for this team to blow it up and start over. We are not winning poo poo with John Harbaugh again.

Look at that last scoring drive we had. We needed two scores and took FOREVER to get up the field. Like just casually walking up to the line, no attempt to conserve clock. I just could not believe that. The top brass has to be looking at that and thinking what the gently caress. How is a coach in his 8th year or whatever it is, putting out a team that does that.

This wasn't a big game for the Ravens to have to win. But it doesn't matter. A performance like that is inexcusable, and it shows why John Harbaugh is not a good coach at all. He has got to be terminated.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Tom Brady has outlived Martin Luther King, just thought y'all should know that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jesus Christ the punt / kick return units today made me want to die.

Brady was amazing, outside of throwing too many passes to a covered Edelman as a safety blanket, but as the game went on he just eviscerated the Ravens secondary. I didn't think Blount would do poo poo tonight with that run D, but he had some great hard running .

Defense was pretty good all in all. Played bad on those two red zone drives, but they were put into an awful situation. Sacked the poo poo out of Flacco to end a few drives and got a safety.

Anyway, you're welcome Steelers.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Kawalimus posted:

That was the Ravens coaching staff on display right there. Just an absolutely pitiful and miserable performance. They were unprepared and incapable. The QB sucks, the coach sucks, and it's time for this team to blow it up and start over. We are not winning poo poo with John Harbaugh again.

Look at that last scoring drive we had. We needed two scores and took FOREVER to get up the field. Like just casually walking up to the line, no attempt to conserve clock. I just could not believe that. The top brass has to be looking at that and thinking what the gently caress. How is a coach in his 8th year or whatever it is, putting out a team that does that.

This wasn't a big game for the Ravens to have to win. But it doesn't matter. A performance like that is inexcusable, and it shows why John Harbaugh is not a good coach at all. He has got to be terminated.

Shut the gently caress up you insufferable wet blanket wanker.

You lost to a better team with better players and the best coaching staff in the league.

Quit crying like you are the god drat Browns.

Or if your coaching staff is so lovely, send them to the Browns and see what happens.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shangri-Law School posted:

Tom Brady has outlived Martin Luther King, just thought y'all should know that.

Cyrus Jones, on the other hand, will not.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
do not respond seriously to kawalimus rants

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I would laugh my rear end off if he bolted but I don't see it. He's worshiped by the Michigan fanbase and it was a huge coup to get him there in the first place so I doubt the administration has done anything to make him want to leave. This will sound cliche but I honestly think Michigan is a better position than the Rams right now, maybe for the foreseeable future. Tell your friends to smoke a bowl and relax.

$$$$$ is all it takes. I could see Kronke offering an insane amount of money if he thought that would turn his team around.

But unless the offer was really insane, I'd think that UM boosters would match it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cyrus Jones get hosed. Drafted for one thing and you are awful at it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

Shut the gently caress up you insufferable wet blanket wanker.

You lost to a better team with better players and the best coaching staff in the league.

Quit crying like you are the god drat Browns.

Or if your coaching staff is so lovely, send them to the Browns and see what happens.

The Ravens should have done better than that. poo poo like dragging their feet at the end of the game had nothing to do with the Patriots coaching staff and everything to do with the Ravens being a woefully inept team. Our offense had no sort of plan. Our defense was made to look like idiots. The Patriots aren't this mythical unbeatable team. THE JETS gave them a game.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Jesus Christ the punt / kick return units today made me want to die.

Those two turnovers were suuuuuper lovely but it's hard not to look at the game as as whole and feel pretty good. Without the special teams fuckery it could easily have been in the range of a 12-35 stomping, the Patriots seemed really complete in every phase.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Those two turnovers were suuuuuper lovely but it's hard not to look at the game as as whole and feel pretty good. Without the special teams fuckery it could easily have been in the range of a 12-35 stomping, the Patriots seemed really complete in every phase.

Idk, I saw an exploitable return game, which the Ravens instantly turned into points, a mediocre pass rush, with DBs that couldn't defend any pass over 15 yards deep. Somehow the Ravens thought the short passing game was the key to victory when their success rate downfield was what they needed to do, and hosed themselves with poor clock management and zero urgency when the momentum was in their favor

But I'm not a Pats homer, I guess

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
PFTCommentor is going after Jay Mariotti on twitter right now and its great.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well I figured Baltimore would lose but it was nostalgic to lose due to a blown coverage by Matt Elam. Today was the last time I get to watch a game with my Dad for awhile so I appreciate that we got to bond over our shared hatred for Elam, that loving bum.

Win out, go to the playoffs. Probably going to drop one of the Pennsylvania games but who knows. Steeler sweeps are rad.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This can't be overlooked.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Ravens:

You continue to be the scariest team in the NFL to me, outside of the Giants in the super bowl.

Hell of a game, Joe Flacco can bomb it better than just about anyone. Not sure I understand your offensive game plan, but it was close and a great game.

Well played, dudes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

PFTCommentor is going after Jay Mariotti on twitter right now and its great.

Please share I'm not good at the twitter

e: what's with writers/commentator guys always defaulting to the "who is this guy he's never done anything in his life and I have, checkmate losers" defense?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: what's with writers/commentator guys always defaulting to the "who is this guy he's never done anything in his life and I have, checkmate losers" defense?

when you absolutely must save imaginary face, it's easier than refuting their statements in any sort of thoughtful manner.

it's a really douchey thing to do

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/808541144003055616

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Fun fact: if the Bengals win out, the Steelers lose out, and the Ravens lose out but beat the Steelers, the Bengals win the AFC North. This scenario won't happen for tons of reasons but imagine the joy you will feel if the Steelers lose their last game of the season to the Browns.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm upset I missed the Harry Douglass dirty talk discussion. I don't have much to contribute to this because I didn't watch that game. I do hate cut blocks and think they should be made a penalty unless they're head on. I will also add this:

The Harry Douglass block may or may not have been dirty, but it absolutely would be an acceptable hit if he had tried to destroy Aqib Talib's knee.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I am happy that Tannehill isn't hurt as badly as was feared. It is still going to get ugly for the Dolphins unless the offensive line can get back to run blocking.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The one full year in recent history we've ever had anything on offense that resembled a real unit was 2014, unsurprisingly the year we had Kubiak. We weren't the 99-01 Rams by any stretch, but I could reasonably expect a respectable performance. Now we basically need a bad matchup problem like last week to even hope to see anything resembling competence. If we do good it's only because the other team screws up worse than we are.

Look at Dennis Pitta this week just four catches 18 yards. That won't cut it. Most passes dumpoffs. Fire everyone.

See my sentiments were right earlier in the year. The days of being good against New England are over. I was foolishly optimistic before this game. The only reason we were even in it was because of special teams turnovers by the Patriots. Also regarding special teams Devin Hester is garbage. Why is he still out there. I get the sense the team has some weird fantasy of him returning a kick or punt for a TD and then saying one of his returns came on us. Get rid of him. He's lost all sense of when to field punts when to let them go.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 13, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kawalimus posted:

The one full year in recent history we've ever had anything on offense that resembled a real unit was 2014, unsurprisingly the year we had Kubiak. We weren't the 99-01 Rams by any stretch, but I could reasonably expect a respectable performance. Now we basically need a bad matchup problem like last week to even hope to see anything resembling competence. If we do good it's only because the other team screws up worse than we are.

Look at Dennis Pitta this week just four catches 18 yards. That won't cut it. Most passes dumpoffs. Fire everyone.

See my sentiments were right earlier in the year. The days of being good against New England are over. I was foolishly optimistic before this game. The only reason we were even in it was because of special teams turnovers by the Patriots. Also regarding special teams Devin Hester is garbage. Why is he still out there. I get the sense the team has some weird fantasy of him returning a kick or punt for a TD and then saying one of his returns came on us. Get rid of him. He's lost all sense of when to field punts when to let them go.

I don't understand how the Patriots were able to jam Pitta at the line with an undersized corner. He's huge. He should be able to bat that db aside like he's Terrell Suggs in a fight with his spouse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Fun fact: if the Bengals win out, the Steelers lose out, and the Ravens lose out but beat the Steelers, the Bengals win the AFC North. This scenario won't happen for tons of reasons but imagine the joy you will feel if the Steelers lose their last game of the season to the Browns.

I think I would laugh so hard I would explode.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

No Irish Need Imply posted:

...I think I would accept the Lions not getting into the playoffs via losing to the Packers in the last week of season to see this happen

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chichevache posted:

I don't understand how the Patriots were able to jam Pitta at the line with an undersized corner. He's huge. He should be able to bat that db aside like he's Terrell Suggs in a fight with his spouse.

He's an older dude with a bad hip. And this team does a poo poo job at getting the most out of its offensive talent. I'm convinced this team does not know what a gameplan is and just kind of goes out and does stuff they know how to do(which isn't much), and usually pretty sloppily. I always likened the Ravens to schoolyard bullies--they will pick on the little guys and outmuscle them but up against a real fighter it's clear they don't belong in that echelon. Only when we had a real offensive guy in there in Kubiak did we have an actual unit. And no surprise that was the year we actually beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Fire the coaches. Hire good offensive guys with a record of success preferably in multiple locations. And no you smartypantses I don't mean someone like Norv Turner he has a record of failure.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Clearly Kubes turned the Broncos offense into a non-stop thrill ride

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 13, 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Patriots gift wrapped the Ravens 14 points on ST and still won by hanging 30 on the #1 defense in the league, so overall that game was cool and good.

:patssay:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

PrinceRandom posted:

Mike Evans would beat up obj worse than that dumbass net. He's big and cool and my friend

I think Mike Evans is a really good receiver who feels inflated since he is fed the ball almost as much as a running back

I still love him in the buccos though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

I am happy that Tannehill isn't hurt as badly as was feared. It is still going to get ugly for the Dolphins unless the offensive line can get back to run blocking.

Yeah we are done for this season. The best part of the news is what it means for the off-season and next year.

• Locked thread