Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey OP, it just so happens that I have seen Fantastic Breasts and where to find them. I too bought tickets accidentally, I wanted to see Fantastic Beats and where to find them, a documentary about the illegal rave scene in the UK during the early '90s. It's a small world isn't it?

As to the so called erotic film you were trying to see, I can't say I would recommend it. There was not one penis in the entire drat movie, not even a flacid one.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jazzyhattrick posted:

Hey OP, it just so happens that I have seen Fantastic Breasts and where to find them. I too bought tickets accidentally, I wanted to see Fantastic Beats and where to find them, a documentary about the illegal rave scene in the UK during the early '90s. It's a small world isn't it?

As to the so called erotic film you were trying to see, I can't say I would recommend it. There was not one penis in the entire drat movie, not even a flacid one.

Thanks! Sounds like I dodged a bullet!

So to speak...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Just saw it with my girlfriend whose a big harry potter fan, I think I liked it a little more than she did but it really was a terrible movie. Fortunately the theatre I went to served alcohol so I could just drink and watch some flashy magic poo poo. The actual movie was disjointed as gently caress and no character development or explaination for anything.

Like whats up with the evil jehova-witness lady who beats her adopted kids, she was just sort of there and like "hey her char is shes crazy and beats her kids" but seemed like there should have been more going on or something. And then Jon Voights char and the whole news/senator thing was pointless and like oh some dick guy died, ok.

The one lead chick spent the whole movie with perpetual crying-tear face. I don't think she had a single other face or emotion other than sad i'm about to cry. Eddie Redmayne is pretty poo poo too. I liked Dan Fogler's and the mindreading sister people the most and even then that was fairly meh.

Applewhite posted:

I have not seen the end but I already figured out that the Vice President Wizard is Grindelwald.
This was so painfully obvious that I thought for sure it must be a fakeout because no way it's that stupid. Grindelwald also didn't do poo poo at all and even at the end he was like welp i give up mwahaha. Like they didn't even explain what the hell he was trying to do other than convince wizards to show themselves to people, but then he should have been happy the emo-boy guy went on a rampage instead of being mad about it? Idk

naem
May 29, 2011

I got taken to see this by my nerd family and I liked the part where none of the plot was explained or made much sense and everyone was a weird nerd who couldn't make eye contact

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

Just saw it with my girlfriend whose a big harry potter fan, I think I liked it a little more than she did but it really was a terrible movie. Fortunately the theatre I went to served alcohol so I could just drink and watch some flashy magic poo poo. The actual movie was disjointed as gently caress and no character development or explaination for anything.

Like whats up with the evil jehova-witness lady who beats her adopted kids, she was just sort of there and like "hey her char is shes crazy and beats her kids" but seemed like there should have been more going on or something. And then Jon Voights char and the whole news/senator thing was pointless and like oh some dick guy died, ok.

The one lead chick spent the whole movie with perpetual crying-tear face. I don't think she had a single other face or emotion other than sad i'm about to cry. Eddie Redmayne is pretty poo poo too. I liked Dan Fogler's and the mindreading sister people the most and even then that was fairly meh.

This was so painfully obvious that I thought for sure it must be a fakeout because no way it's that stupid. Grindelwald also didn't do poo poo at all and even at the end he was like welp i give up mwahaha. Like they didn't even explain what the hell he was trying to do other than convince wizards to show themselves to people, but then he should have been happy the emo-boy guy went on a rampage instead of being mad about it? Idk

The evil Jehova's witness lady's death wasn't even cathartic. We barely even got time to know or care about her, and never once did she actually menace any of the heroes. Ditto for the senator. It was like "why do I care that this guy is dead?"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
oh yeah, I liked when Grindelwald was zapping eddie on the train tracks repeatedly with lovely CGI lightning for like a minute straight, and eddie just looked mildly constipated and being tickled and got up after and was completely fine.

more i think about it and as the alcohol wears off, this was really a bad movie and I didn't even have any expectations

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Xaris posted:

It was weird that the two leads were both uncharismatic weirdos who can't talk to people and are just sort of anxious the whole time, but the two supports were reasonably appealing and fun. I liked it when pastry man one punched Ron Perlman in between taking shots.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
so how big of a "fag hag" is JK Rowling? All of her books are about trying to support the gay agenda a little too much.

or am i confusing gay with british?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
im big fan of finding this fantastic midgets breasts or whatever, op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Applewhite posted:

I thought I was buying a ticket to see Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them.

Anyway it's a bad movie that goes nowhere. I walked out about twenty minutes before the end, but everything up to that point was just a bunch of running around and nonsense so I wasn't interested in seeing any of the movie's paper-thin plotlines resolved. Most of the movie's scenes did not advance the plot, and nothing that happened in the film was interesting or entertaining.

I was forced to see this schlock by a fan of Harry Potter. You'll be glad to know that the movie is resolved in a really stupid way that only makes sense to the manchildren and the literal children who are the target audience, so you missed nothing of value.

BTW, does anyone else get the feeling that the entire Harry Potter story is basically a racist treatise from the point of view of the bad guys?

"muggles" is basically a slur for untermenschen that are at best to be pitied or ignored, and at worst exterminated.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

As a fat, son of Polish immigrants, working at a dead end job, with a mustache, and no knowledge of Harry Potter, I found the Jacob character eerily relatable. That said, I didnt find the movie very good, and neither did my girlfriend who loves the series.

That said, the wizards rightfully deserve to be hunted down to extinction by the regular humans. They have the power to casually mind wipe anyone who sees their poo poo, and will execute one of their own on the spot without due process. Even if the bad guy framed her, why would the main wizard lady cop go back to work for the organization that tried to murder an hour before? The Wizard President ordered the execution, and she willfully goes back to work for her. That's hosed.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

luv 2 date boys posted:

im big fan of finding this fantastic midgets breasts or whatever, op

this thread is lookin up

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Detective No. 27 posted:

As a fat, son of Polish immigrants, working at a dead end job, with a mustache, and no knowledge of Harry Potter, I found the Jacob character eerily relatable. That said, I didnt find the movie very good, and neither did my girlfriend who loves the series.

That said, the wizards rightfully deserve to be hunted down to extinction by the regular humans. They have the power to casually mind wipe anyone who sees their poo poo, and will execute one of their own on the spot without due process. Even if the bad guy framed her, why would the main wizard lady cop go back to work for the organization that tried to murder an hour before? The Wizard President ordered the execution, and she willfully goes back to work for her. That's hosed.

wizards are a lot like nazis if you think about it

Cryptix
Dec 9, 2016

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this thread is lookin up

So is my ding-a-ling.

Semen really does hurt when you get it in your eye.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
some people in this movie were hot. I'd gently caress Eddie Redmayne and the psychic sister with pleasure. <3

I would NOT gently caress Dan Fogler. He was good in the movie but I am repelled by fats.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nathilus posted:

some people in this movie were hot. I'd gently caress Eddie Redmayne and the psychic sister with pleasure. <3

I would NOT gently caress Dan Fogler. He was good in the movie but I am repelled by fats.

Those Doughnuts looked fuckin' delicious though. Best part of the movie, IMO.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xaris posted:

yeah, so normies dont know about magic(we know that from the books as well as the half assed explanation on why the dont unite the worlds. but clearly some crazy bitch who rants about magic has sway except she doesnt i guess. i mean, hundreds must be dead by the end of the movie. sure you can magic property damage but i am sure.

i was the same about the grindelwald thing and i honestly wanted the dude to be some follower or some poo poo so they could build up grindelwald for the next 20 movies or whatever. but nope.

Detective No. 27 posted:

yeah like i said. its hosed up and the movies tries to blame it on it being the american wizarding community but we all know they should all be killed.

that brings up the question. so WW1 happens in the Wizard world too, apparently, Why? i always assumed and the book kinda showed that they dont give a poo poo about normals politics.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Applewhite posted:

The evil Jehova's witness lady's death wasn't even cathartic. We barely even got time to know or care about her, and never once did she actually menace any of the heroes. Ditto for the senator. It was like "why do I care that this guy is dead?"

This reminds me of that one HP movie that, I think, came out around the end of GWB's presidency? Order of the Phoenix? It was like an hour and a half of children being physically and emotionally tortured by some lady in a pink hat and the government was real bad? gently caress that was a terrible movie. Just shamefully bad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, so normies dont know about magic(we know that from the books as well as the half assed explanation on why the dont unite the worlds. but clearly some crazy bitch who rants about magic has sway except she doesnt i guess. i mean, hundreds must be dead by the end of the movie. sure you can magic property damage but i am sure.

i was the same about the grindelwald thing and i honestly wanted the dude to be some follower or some poo poo so they could build up grindelwald for the next 20 movies or whatever. but nope.

yeah like i said. its hosed up and the movies tries to blame it on it being the american wizarding community but we all know they should all be killed.

that brings up the question. so WW1 happens in the Wizard world too, apparently, Why? i always assumed and the book kinda showed that they dont give a poo poo about normals politics.

They don't but muggle wars and wizard wars happen around the same time with the implication that the wizard wars are causing muggle wars.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Can you please not say the m word it's v offensive

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Can you please not say the m word it's v offensive

Just realized that, according to this movie, the American version of the M-word in the Harry Potter universe is...the N-word. No-Maj

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

Just realized that, according to this movie, the American version of the M-word in the Harry Potter universe is...the N-word. No-Maj

Neither of those are epithets. The wizarding N-word is mudblood

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

shut up the retarded movie for idiot babies and post more midget tits

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

jfc this is real smdh

SAustria
Jul 25, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had the same thought. The only enjoyable part of the movie was the "homely" non wizard guy occasionally punching some wizard in the face and getting the babe. The fantastic beasts were not very fantastic.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Americans calling people no-maj is funny because it is a sensible name, thereby revealing the british equivalent of muggle to be some dumb cockney slang or something.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Frankly I can't believe such a blatantly neo nazi book and movie would gain such traction but I guess that's what happens in Trump's America

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Enfield posted:

id beat you to death with a peace of rebar

Jesus, dude!

That's uncalled for!

naem
May 29, 2011

All the grown up wizards in Harry Potter world are apparently a bunch of unhappy looking weirdos and I feel bad for them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

naem posted:

All the grown up wizards in Harry Potter world are apparently a bunch of unhappy looking weirdos and I feel bad for them

They're British

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I enjoyed the Beast movie, like I know it wasn't great, and the plot was a thin slice of Swiss cheese, but it was charming at the right moments, and had some funny lines in there. I guess it also helps that I didn't pay or the tickets myself, so thanks to the shady Chinese finance company for giving me the tickets for free!

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I read this book that was about some special magician school. It wasn't a great book, but what I liked was that after graduation the main character and his friends don't really do anything with their lives and instead laze around getting hammered / high, living off their abilities to use magic to basically get what they need to live in comfort.

In term of Harry Potter, I've never seen one of the movies from start to finish.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

This movie, along with the lady ghostbusters movie, is the second I've seen this year that exploit essentially magic with rules that don't make any sense to restore things to the way they were before the movie takes place. This was a lazy plot device two decades ago and movies are still doing it. what the heck

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
So, the wizarding world is like technologically/socially a few decades normal humans, right? Does this mean everyone that we see who are into retro gaming, fashion, music, etc. in 2016 are all actually wizards and witches.

Makes sense.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 12, 2016

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

it was mostly okay. interesting, at least. plot didn't pan out. I liked the invisible asian slothman thing a lot.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I've heard people I know unironically use the term "muggle" to describe people not familiar with their certain subculture and when I do I feel ashamed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moon Atari posted:

I've been thinking of that since the movie was announced but had too much pride to externalise it. I wasn't expecting much but actually thought it was alright, better than any of the mainline Harry Potter movies at least. But I was paid to take a vegetable level client to see it and my standards get lowered when I'm profiting from seeing a movie rather than paying. Also I was grateful it was playing or I would have been forced into seeing the Smurf movie.

A client? I thought you worked from home

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Applewhite posted:

But there's no n in that word at all

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

fantastic meats and where to grind them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

Americans calling people no-maj is funny because it is a sensible name, thereby revealing the british equivalent of muggle to be some dumb cockney slang or something.

With the one flaw that partially contracting words into each other is more of a British thing than American. I can't imagine an actual American coming up with "no maj." We'd call them something onomatopoetic I think.

• Locked thread