Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Luna is reissuing Romantica and Rendezvous. 1k copies of each on clear wax, all copies signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

lu_ducky posted:

that's very nice. Would love to track one of those down.

It's a bit pricey. The copies I've seen are 35 bucks.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Lungs posted:

Nisennenmondai - N'
Brigid Mae Power - s/t

Two albums I'd love to get. I played Nisennenmondai at a post-pub gathering a month ago, Fan, rather than N'. They dug it so much that having told them it was a ten minute track they played the full 35 minutes or so three times. And I saw Brigid Mae Power play near my town back in September. She was absolutely amazing live and that record will be literally the first I buy when I scrounge together money for an amp, speakers and record player. I already have the BMP digital album from Bandcamp, but I want the record even if it will send me down a black hole of record buying brokeness.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So somehow I was able to order Emancipators first lp from the store site even though it's been sold out for two years. Apparently the package arrived today so wondering what it is I'll find.

The only news of a reprint are from a Reddit thread months ago and a discogs page that says one other person has it so :iiam:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Somebody in another thread mentioned that Dusty in Memphis was a really good record. Just realized I have a copy in very good condition. Good'un?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If you've seen this great video of a Thai psyche band you might want to pick up their albums while they're 40% off with code 40days. I hear the first album is best but I haven't heard II at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGl-l0Toig

http://www.innovativeleisure.net/artists/khun-narin/

They've got other artists on the label but I didn't bother to look, maybe they're more good stuff.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Snowy posted:

If you've seen this great video of a Thai psyche band you might want to pick up their albums while they're 40% off with code 40days. I hear the first album is best but I haven't heard II at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGl-l0Toig

http://www.innovativeleisure.net/artists/khun-narin/

They've got other artists on the label but I didn't bother to look, maybe they're more good stuff.

This rules.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

caligulamprey posted:

Was not aware this was getting a repressing! 750 copies. Even found it at my local store.

This was $20 at my local store today, so of course I now own it

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kuhn Narin is loving dope. Wish I didn't already own 'em cause that's a great deal.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

caligulamprey posted:

Kuhn Narin is loving dope. Wish I didn't already own 'em cause that's a great deal.

Is one album much much better than the other, or is this one of those "buy them both, thank me later" kind of things? That youtube video Snowy posted owns and I want to listen to that song on wax right now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Now that I look at their site more, Innovative Leisure has a lot of releases by people I don't know. Anyone notice any standouts in there to check out during this sale? I'm a sucker for 40% off.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can't comment on the music because I have no idea, but DEATH BONER is a pretty cool band name

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Geoff Zahn posted:

Is one album much much better than the other, or is this one of those "buy them both, thank me later" kind of things? That youtube video Snowy posted owns and I want to listen to that song on wax right now.

My coworker (whose taste I trust) said the first album is much closer to the character of the video and the second one, II, is a little overproduced. I'm going to check it out for myself though.

Full two hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66mLK_yV7yI

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 13, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kuhn Narin II is definitely more straight-forward and laid back in comparison, but I enjoy it. Considering it's a 40% off sale I'd say grab them both, but if we're talking one or the other, definitely pick up the first album.

Both of them are up in full on YouTube if you wish to compare and contrast.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ughhh, be careful ordering from that site. On the last checkout page, it reverted my shipping choice from media mail to the $30 2-day shipping and I didn't notice. Now I get to see how good their customer service is.

e: they were quick to fix things, so yay!

Snowy posted:

Now that I look at their site more, Innovative Leisure has a lot of releases by people I don't know. Anyone notice any standouts in there to check out during this sale? I'm a sucker for 40% off.

I really dig BADBADNOTGOOD. They have III on vinyl

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Picked this up over the weekend.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Did some record shopping in Tokyo over the weekend on a couple days layover. Just wish I had more money to drop and more luggage space. Also that I could have found some full P5 instead of those excerpts and that the Flipper's Guitar stuff I found hadn't been so absurdly expensive. Like ¥35,000.

DYGL is pretty tight though.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

big haul today

l-r

a made up sound - thin air (delsin)
umfang - riffs (1080p)
shackleton - deliverance series vol 3 (woe to the septic heart)
omar-s - side trakx vol 5 (fxhe)
ekranoplan - wing in surface effect (all caps)
wiley/zomby - step 2001 (big dada)
ekman - entropy (the trilogy tapes)
rezzett - doyce (the trilogy tapes)
gunnar haslam - porte maillot (l.i.e.s.)
dj richard - leech2 (white material)
rhythm & sound - we been troddin (burial mix)
mix mup - skip intro (the trilogy tapes)

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
thats the good poo poo

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I've been lurking for like 6 months and I don't think ive ever recognized let alone listened to a record you you guys post about

Is it all edm or metal or something

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Cambodian instrumental post-rock, usually.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

beergod posted:

I've been lurking for like 6 months and I don't think ive ever recognized let alone listened to a record you you guys post about

what kind of records do you like to listen to?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I bought this 7" yesterday and I googled the name just now and I cannot believe my eyes!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHwiKuARFI

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Those genres are always going to have a more lasting relationship with the format because of its history. Dance sub genres never gave up on it because it's the best to mix with (CDJs are for suckers and posers), while punk/metal/hardcore never gave up on it because until the popularity boom it was cheap and easy to press 7" and 12" records that were cool and appealed to the fan bases. Major labels are just happy to press basic cuts from the CD version of records on vinyl with the bare minimum effort for high prices while smaller artists see it as a way of doing more interesting releases.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

beergod posted:

I've been posting here for years and don't know what half this poo poo is either. Everyone likes different stuff basically.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
if you don't recognize it that means it's good

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Speaking of poo poo no one will recognize:

Finally picked up the last album I was missing. I'm such a god drat fanboy.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that's also the good poo poo

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
all of my records personally are just recordings of the sounds of people beating on hollow logs with sharp sticks and screaming

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that's also the good poo poo

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

VERY COOL MAN posted:

all of my records personally are just recordings of the sounds of people beating on hollow logs with sharp sticks and screaming

i saw one of those in the bargain bin at Reckless and now I regret not picking it up

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

VERY COOL MAN posted:

Tom Waits is a little too mainstream for these parts, partner.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I only buy bandcamp-exclusive 7"s released by bands that include former child stars and tv actors.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I've been buying test pressings that aren't all that distinctive, since they're mostly pressed with blank/white labels anyway.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I buy CDs.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I only buy bandcamp-exclusive 7"s released by bands that include former child stars and tv actors.

I like Rilo Kiley too

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Pizza Underground?

my summer at fat camp posted:

I like Rilo Kiley too

The bad guy from the new Star Wars has an EP?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Barnes and Barnes.

CPL593H posted:

Pizza Underground?
Those dudes crowdsurf a dozen pizzas into the audience. They're alright with me.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
pizza is the good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

BigFactory posted:

I buy CDs.