Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

CID STEELFORGE arrives to save his teammate and gets picked by Pierre as well. Chest muscles are torn, blood flies.

My "wear everything except a shirt" strategy is working out basically how I expected it to, I see. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Kills:
Audrey Gravescreams: 2

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Ha, that name did sound familiar.

Is Trixie Slaughteraxe for President as good as Hitmen for Destiny or Transdimensional Brain Chip? I read the first few panels last year, but completely forgot about it in the meantime.

e: Actually, what happened to the Thorsby thread? Is it still active?

my dad fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 13, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Ha, that name did sound familiar.

Is Trixie Slaughteraxe for President as good as Hitmen for Destiny or Transdimensional Brain Chip? I read the first few panels last year, but completely forgot about it in the meantime.

So far it is shaping up to be his second best after Hitmen in my opinion. It is still in progress though, so the full extent of its insanity is not yet plumbed.

Hitmen for Destiny is like the Sandman of webcomics so being almost as good is pretty good.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Nice.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I was wondering if the team name was a Hitmen for Destiny reference, I didn't even notice the Audrey Gravescreams.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tunicate posted:

"Serpents laugh at the human 1/2" isn't just a name. Removing both arms to go 100% serpent mid-combat DRAMATICALLY increased her power level.

The name was just to screw with our usual renaming script... wasn't it?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You have a script?

Does find/replace not work on his name?

Edit: I formally request a permaban for the first person to name themselves something in bb code. Like a name of [/b] would gently caress everything up.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

You have a script?

Does find/replace not work on his name?

Edit: I formally request a permaban for the first person to name themselves something in bb code. Like a name of [/b] would gently caress everything up.

It could potentially gently caress something up, except that there are no humans in the division.

To get the log right, I make it find/replace "the [species name]" to "[species name]", then rename "[species name] 1" to the character/team name. This means "The Yeti 1 retches!" goes to "Yeti 1 retches!", then "Yet I Live (not going to overthink things) retches!"

So if you were to apply this blindly to a fight with, say, Hitmen for Armok and suddenly this fighter might make a log entry that says

"Snakes Laugh At Audrey Gravescreams (Hitmen for Armok)/2 (Bizarrer Adventurers) retches!"

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You do it weird. Save a step and just rename "the yeti 1" to the name immediately, followed by "yeti 1"

Less typing, can just remove the 'the' in the find/replace window.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Took me forever to find, but here's a gif of how I do it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 1, Fight 4 :siren:

Puffy Areolas is on the left side of the arena.
Pepperoni (synthorange) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze halberd and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Alt-right hook (Afriscipio) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears an iron cap, leather armor, iron gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Popopo (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm.

Puffier Areolas is on the right side of the arena.
Buttdork the Second (Frozen_Flame) is a female tigerman. She is empty handed and wears a steel helm.
Asclepius' Rod (Mygna) is a male serpent man. He wields a bronze spear and wears a bronze mail shirt.
Jareth (titty_baby_) is a male goblin. He wields an iron spear and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap and a copper mail shirt.

Puffy Areolas is a 1.10 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 1436.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1311.00 dwarfbucks for Puffier Areolas.

No archers, size is about even, this should be a good fight.

The fighters clash and Pepperoni the wolfman chops Buttdorks right paw right out from under her. Buttdork kicks the wolfman in the tooth as she goes down but the attack passes through the tooth harmlessly. :shrug:

Pepperoni takes Buttdorks other foot off for good measure while Asclepius stabs Popopo in the lower arm which fractures bone.

The troll Hook grabs and punches Buttdork and this lets Pepperoni embed his halberd deep into the tiger womans chest.

Hook gores Buttdork, causing a bruise and rears back for another attack when Asclepius sends his spear straight through the trolls face and out of the back of his head.

Pepperoni continues to mutilate the downed Buttdork. Asclepius moves north to help while Jareth the goblin squares off against the strangler Popopo.

Pepperoni gives Asclepius the same treatment he gave Buttdork. The snakemans left forearm is chopped to poo poo and bleeding everywhere.

Down south Jareth takes off one of Popopo's hands, but the goblin left himself wide open to a counter attack. Popopo's spear is embedded in the goblins guts.

Asclepius's spear finds Pepperoni's hand and that's too much for the werewolf to take. He passes out.

Popopo twists the spear in Jareths guts and scratches the goblins leg which sends the goblin to dreamland as well.

It's essentially 1v1 with two fighters in pain!

Popopo finishes off Jareth quickly.

Pepperoni takes a spear to the dome immediately after.

Buttdork regains consciousness just as Popopo and Asclepius clash.

And then he bleeds out.

I just want to show you the savage beating Buttdork took from Pepperoni.

Asclepius puts on a spearing clinic. Popopo finds a spear in his neck and passes out immediately.

Guts, lung, heart, guts... c'mom Asclepius, aim for the head! Stabbing the lower body isn't going to kill him!

quote:

Asclepius Rod stabs Popopo in the lower body with his {bronze spear} and it is mostly cut away from the rest of the torso!
:catstare:

Puffier Areolas wins this with a 3-2 victory. Snake men again rule the day.

Kills:
Asclepius' Rod: 3

Pepperoni: 1
Popopo: 1

Combat Log

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Spermy Smurf posted:

You do it weird. Save a step and just rename "the yeti 1" to the name immediately, followed by "yeti 1"

Less typing, can just remove the 'the' in the find/replace window.

This still makes the find-replace hit "the human 1" exactly the same, though. :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Edit: removed, meant to PM to not clutter this thread.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Jesus christ. Snakeman u da mvp

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Well that was savage.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Bisecting someone with a spear should award an extra kill, in my definitely unbiased opinion.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ow spear to the head!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to stab puffy areolas.

Beforehand, I need to stab puffier areolas, though.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Please consider running a fight and doing the fight commentary as Professor Lostclock Dripkettle.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ramc posted:

Please consider running a fight and doing the fight commentary as Professor Lostclock Dripkettle.

My posting in these threads does sometimes make sound like him, now that you've mentioned... :v:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I'll get to migrating all of this to the new version of DF any day now, I promise :ohdear:

It's just been, you know, I've been busy with real life stuff. Like trying to get a new work contract and all that.

It appears that things on that front are promising though :unsmith:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'd apologize about being too busy to run fights, but gently caress you guys.

:siren: Round 1, Fight 7 :siren:

1056 Armok Arena League Champions is on the left side of the arena.
The Million Dollar Tigerman (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Zombie Rob Ford (Tirius) is a male troll. He wields an iron two-handed sword and a wooden shield and wears an iron mail shirt.
Stabbington McStabbystabs (Lady Teacup) is a male kobold. He wields an iron large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears no armor.

CathodeRaymond and the Raymondsters is on the right side of the arena.
New Violent Everywhere(?) (Cathode Raymond) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields an iron spear and two copper spears and wears an iron helm.
Norfolk En Chance (grobbendonk) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper pike and a wooden shield and wears an iron cap and an iron mail shirt.
Jazzkolnikov (Jazzimus Prime) is a male human. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears an iron helm and iron high boots.

1056 Armok Arena League Champions is a 1.33 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 4412.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3310.00 dwarfbucks for CathodeRaymond and the Raymondsters.

Did you guys seriously name your team as the champions of this league? How did I not see that. You're all a bunch of idiots.

On the right we have a rare appearance of Jazz the human, so lets do what we all talked about at the last meeting and throw the fight so he doesn't shut down the site.

This is going well so far. Stabbington does his thing and stabs Jazz's right hand, lodging the dagger in the bone. Norfolk charges Tigerman and sends the tiger to the floor. Everyone else dodges, blocks, or takes a shot on their shields.

Jazz dodges back in pain while trailing blood everywhere. Rob Ford takes advantage of Norfolk not watching his back and swipes his sword into the minotaurs foot. The sword is stuck in the ankle, and Norfolk falls to the floor.

Rob Ford blocks a blow from the prone Jazz and sends his sword across the humans belly. Goop falls out of the wound and Jazz passes out. Violent up top is unable to get through Tigerman's defense. But neither can the tiger break through the antwomans three spears.

Rob Ford turns his attention to Norfolk the minotaur. Stabbington is already there but being blocked over and over. Rob Ford realizes he's got a pike in his foot and falls to the floor and rolls on top of Jazz. Nicely done from the ground, Norfolk!

Up north Tigerman ignores the spear in his bicep and throws Violent north three tiles.
Norfolk is blocking everything Stabbington is throwing at him, but the minotaur can't land a blow on the kobold either.

That's a hell of a wound. I'm just impressed Violent isn't dead from it.

I advance the fight one click and it turns out Violent didn't survive the landing.

Now it's a 3v2 with Jazz unconscious and being stabbed repeatedly by a huge sword in Rob Ford's hands.

Jazz bleeds to death after his heart is torn up by Rob Ford twice more. Norfolk ignores Stabbington who delivers two quick stabs that fail to penetrate the minotaurs armor. Norfolks huge pike lashes out and catches Tigerman in the stomach, bruising his guts and adding to his painful arm wound.

Stabbington changes targets and sticks his knife into Norfolks arm, Tigerman punches Norfolk but gets his nose bitten off for his trouble.

Stabbington sticks his dagger into Norfolks foot and the minotaur passes out.

A few stabs and slashes later Stabbington finishes off Norfolk.

Winner: 1056 Armok Arena League Champions with a perfect 3-0 victory.

Kills:
Stabbington: 1
Zombie Rob Ford: 1
Million Dollar Tiger: 1

Combat Log

Lady Teacup
Dec 6, 2016
To be fair one of us named our team the league champions, though the others had already submitted MUCH stupider names and were too lazy to change this one.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
That was one of those fights where I'm not sure it would have happened the same way if ran again. I think the rundown would be about 50/50

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!

quote:

New Violent Everywhere_CATH slams into an obstacle!
New Violent Everywhere_CATH has died after colliding with an obstacle.
:black101:

quote:

Norfolk en Chance_CATH bites Million Dollar Tigerman_1056 in the nose and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Million Dollar Tigerman_1056: Death is all around us. The horror consumes me!
That's not in the Marquess of Queensberry Rules!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
My fighter was thrown and then exploded when she hit the floor? How is she supposed to parry that?

gently caress. Clearly there are contingencies I had not planned for.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Cathode Raymond posted:

My fighter was thrown and then exploded when she hit the floor? How is she supposed to parry that?

I have tried very hard before to get exactly the build you're running with to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

It's always had a tendency to go very much the same way. :shrug:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

In at least one version there was a bug where you could instantly level your skill to full by falling and successfully parrying the entire planet.

In short:

Git Gud.

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

Tunicate posted:

In at least one version there was a bug where you could instantly level your skill to full by falling and successfully parrying the entire planet.

:wtc:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Could you unsuccessfully parry the entire planet?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
His antwoman did. splat

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This is why I took wooden spears, need to be environmentally friendly to parry the planet

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Falling is (or at least, was, dunno what it's like now) simulated by you being hit with a you-sized chunk of floor material wielded by the planet. :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

my dad posted:

Falling is (or at least, was, dunno what it's like now) simulated by you being hit with a you-sized chunk of floor material wielded by the planet. :v:

Do we have any figures on what the planet's weapon skill might be?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

my dad posted:

:wtc: Toady's mind is a mystery of mysteries. In other words :iit:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Not literally wielded, mind you. More like thrown at you at the speed you were falling at, and it can't be parried or anything like that. It's actually a somewhat elegant solution, since it doesn't really matter if you're moving and the ground is not, or if the ground is moving and you're not (Newton's laws). The end result is the same.

The really weird stuff happened when you fell on spikes. These could be parried, and then the game would look up how much XP to award to person who parried based on who is wielding the weapon and go "whelp".

my dad fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 17, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

If the arena is made of slade will gladiators explode spectacularly when thrown?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Troll mutation found: Turns the arena floor into slade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ramc posted:

If the arena is made of slade will gladiators explode spectacularly when thrown?

Yes.

Oh, yes.

The log starts including things like "the troll 1's arm skids along the floor and smears into an unidentifiable lump!"

I don't have the exact verbiage. You can go looking for the fight logs from last tournament if you want a sampling.