Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Leyburn posted:

Actually its a loving nightmare. The non-premium currency drips in at 20 per win or 10 for a loss while the new gameplay dlc chests cost 3000, with no guarantee that you will even get a new weapon, the first one i opened had two boring perks in it or something.

There are challenges to complete for extra currency but they only replace them at a rate of one a day, so you're limited to how much you can earn from these.

It would be fine if everything was half the cost it is, or if you could unlock specific items with the non-premium currency, but at the moment it's a lovely grindy dice roll designed to make you open your wallet.

only if you can't help spending money. like I said, the time it takes is the only real complaint I have, but there's also not anything super cool or necessary locked behind it. my favourite guns are all regular progression unlocks and I've never felt gimped with them.

yeah it's kinda lovely that it costs so much/you earn so little, but I also could have bought weapons instead of character skins I'm never going to use and probably gotten most of it, and I don't play particularly often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

unpronounceable posted:

Superbeat Xonic looks pretty cool. I didn't think to look for Taiko no Tatsujin before, but I really like the game series. Is it possible for me to buy it from the JP PSN store when I already have my main account, or would it be easier to just import the card, and forget about dlc?

Import a physical copy, getting a Japanese PSN account on your Vita is more hastle than its worth, requiring a factory reset and a second memory card unless you want to redownload your saves and games every time you switch.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Man I love Yakuza. I was worried I'd have trouble deciding what to play after hooking up my PS3 and downloading everything but as soon as I finished downloading Yakuza 1 & 2 HD that's all I've been playing.

Should I worry too much about side quests in 1? Weapons seem pretty useless since they break so fast, and I'm drowning in exp and money just from random encounters. And I don't really care about hooking up with cabaret girls. Maybe I'll use a guide for a second play through but for right now most of the side stuff feels like more trouble than it's worth.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Getsuya posted:

Man I love Yakuza. I was worried I'd have trouble deciding what to play after hooking up my PS3 and downloading everything but as soon as I finished downloading Yakuza 1 & 2 HD that's all I've been playing.

Should I worry too much about side quests in 1? Weapons seem pretty useless since they break so fast, and I'm drowning in exp and money just from random encounters. And I don't really care about hooking up with cabaret girls. Maybe I'll use a guide for a second play through but for right now most of the side stuff feels like more trouble than it's worth.

Probably not. There's a ton of content and it's all pretty good but if you do all of it in both 1 and 2 you'll burn out for sure. The set pieces of the main plot are the best part anyway.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
My US account has been signed up for the newsletter but I haven't received a code. Does anyone have one they aren't planning on using?
Can anybody confirm whether the Final Fantasy XV digital deluxe edition on the US store comes with the FFXV theme?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Getsuya posted:

I think there's one major sidequest in every game: with a rendered cutscene and some minor plot. Do that.

Do lots of things in Y2, the final battles are insane, but unless they've changed it for HD failing a quest there means it's gone forever and the only way to redo it is restart your entire save file.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Holiday week 2 sale is up. I guess it's a bit better than the first week, but still not much I want.

So far my plan is to use my 20% code on stardew Valley, hyperlight drifter, and afterbirth. I'm wavering on adding darkest dungeon. I feel like it's not really the style of game I'm into, but I'm still tempted cause the art seems cool and it gets good reviews.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jewce posted:

Holiday week 2 sale is up. I guess it's a bit better than the first week, but still not much I want.

So far my plan is to use my 20% code on stardew Valley, hyperlight drifter, and afterbirth. I'm wavering on adding darkest dungeon. I feel like it's not really the style of game I'm into, but I'm still tempted cause the art seems cool and it gets good reviews.

I might get Mankind Divided but that's about it. Sale's kind of lackluster for me so far.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Aw what the heck Grand Kingdom's on sale for the PS4 but not the Vita? <:mad:>

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Jewce posted:

Saint's row is $5… Kinda wanted to play it after doing the ps+ freebie a few months ago, but already have a good sized backlog. $5 is tempting though.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is Just Cause 3 fixed/any good in the first place?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Salt and sanctuary refuses to ever go on sale. Its been like 10 months already too.

abagofcheetos posted:

Is Just Cause 3 fixed/any good in the first place?

Its better than 2 but i wouldnt play it again after having finished it

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Few questions about items in the sale:

I see Hotline Miami 2 is cross-buy for everything, but does anyone know if it cross-saves between PS4 and Vita? I ask because there are odd cases like Spelunky that have Vita/PS3 cross-save but not Vita/PS4.

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign is no longer the newest game in the series, correct? My cycle of Almost Buying an Aksys Fighter continues.

Saints Row Re-elected sounds like some sort of expansion, but it is actually like a "game of the year" version of IV, yes?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

revelator is the newest GG

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Minidust posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign is no longer the newest game in the series, correct? My cycle of Almost Buying an Aksys Fighter continues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0188YF39W?th=1

Revs $20 on Amazon

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Minidust posted:

I see Hotline Miami 2 is cross-buy for everything, but does anyone know if it cross-saves between PS4 and Vita? I ask because there are odd cases like Spelunky that have Vita/PS3 cross-save but not Vita/PS4.

Both HLM are cross-save between Vita/PS4.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Minidust posted:

Saints Row Re-elected sounds like some sort of expansion, but it is actually like a "game of the year" version of IV, yes?

That's correct. Gat out of Hell is the expansion.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I know they're different games, but Dying Light or Gravity Rush Remastered?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tensokuu posted:

They're both great games for different reasons, but I will say this: Gravity Rush is getting a sequel early next year.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Jewce posted:

Thanks for mentioning the 20% code, I didn't know about it and did research that led to me finding an email with one in my inbox. Was able to get Mighty No. 9 and the Ray DLC for <$9 total. Despite the game's production values I like how it actually feels to play so far, so I feel like I got a good deal.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Its better than 2 but i wouldnt play it again after having finished it

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i have too much other poo poo to play i guess ill just only get stardew valley

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

I haven't played Dying Light, but I finished Gravity Rush Remastered a few weeks ago. I keep meaning to write an effort post on it, but for now I would go with Dying Light.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Drawful 2 is finally on sale for $3! I'm only buying it to be able to draw with two colors.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Picked up Overwatch because I had to use that 20% off on something right? I figure it's a modern day team fortress 2, so what's not to like.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Tensokuu posted:

Did you have a Dreamcast and loved its quirky games? Then Gravity Rush is the game for you. Its gimmicky is amusing, its challenges are decent fun, and its plot is too weird for its own good.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Thinking about getting Firewatch, Lumo, and Song of the Deep with my 20% off code... Opinions on them at their discounted prices?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Firewatch is worth it. It was a good story and it's so gorgeous.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Echoing that. Really enjoyed Firewatch and it really immersed me in it all. It helped that I had listened to a podcast by from the voice actor so it was super involving.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uhhh stardew valley is on Vita?

I might have a reason to update my vita

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Uhhh stardew valley is on Vita?

Nope. The dev wants to, though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/08/country-life-rpg-stardew-valley-coming-to-ps4-on-december-13/#comment-1193243

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ah yeah, I can never tell if people actually still play their vita or if the vita owners are just extremely vocal

Edit: I think this is actually a better fit for PS4 than PC for me (I have the PC version and it's good but it feels more like a sitting on the couch kinda game)

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 14, 2016

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Id love that game on the Vita!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Ignis posted:

Both HLM are cross-save between Vita/PS4.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

revelator is the newest GG

Ape Agitator posted:

That's correct. Gat out of Hell is the expansion.
Thanks!

So is there likely to be a weekend sale too? I forget if those are supposed to be every OTHER week or what. I'm fine with sitting on my 20% off code for a few more days since I'm not in a rush to start playing anything in the current sale.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Minidust posted:

Thanks!

So is there likely to be a weekend sale too? I forget if those are supposed to be every OTHER week or what. I'm fine with sitting on my 20% off code for a few more days since I'm not in a rush to start playing anything in the current sale.

Very low chance of weekend sale. Those happen usually the second to last weekend of the month. So spend away!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Does anyone know a way to view all of your PSN Vita purchases? I found the purchase history on the website but I have 50 screens of that, mostly from PS+, and I don't see a way to filter by platform, and it doesn't even list which platform the games I do have are on.

NVM, I just found this, which worked great: https://repod.github.io/psdle/

The Pirate Captain fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 14, 2016

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, did anyone try the PS4 version of Stardew Valley? Is it a decent port or are there any technical problems I should be aware of if I get myself a copy?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
If I have spent most of my time on PS4 playing binding of Isaac, will enter the gungeon provide a similar addiction?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Schremp Howard posted:

If I have spent most of my time on PS4 playing binding of Isaac, will enter the gungeon provide a similar addiction?

Yes but it requires more actual skill to play well and it also isn't nearly as good. It's still very good mind you, it's just BoI is a pretty high bar.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, did anyone try the PS4 version of Stardew Valley? Is it a decent port or are there any technical problems I should be aware of if I get myself a copy?

I've been hearing bad things elsewhere. You probably should look into it before buying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Schremp Howard posted:

I heard Nuclear Throne was good. Never played it tho

• Locked thread