Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

http://i.imgur.com/OHXhF24.mp4

Yeah, especially because even in your dreams it's 100 players and one Bengal would take up most of that.

:laffo:

Mesh 1.0, coming right up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Somewhere out the B'Tak is weighing up the options of buying another 23 accounts

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Try posting a troll that is cool and funny. For example, pretend to have secret evidence that Facts Are Useless is a Star Citizen backer, and then once you've worked everyone up with that, post a link to a picture of your balls as evidence. With a little creativity you can do so much better than obsessively posting grandma's first concern troll attempt every six hours, each more boring than the last.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

http://i.imgur.com/OHXhF24.mp4

Yeah, especially because even in your dreams it's 100 players and one Bengal would take up most of that.

:laffo:

Mesh 1.0, coming right up.

Are there idiots out there who sincerely believe in "meshed instances"? It's five years in, time to stop believing in stuff they haven't shown even a POC for

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

I still love that Gremlich twit demanding I prove I wasn't Derek. I sure as God made little green apples wasn't going to send him to my live stream (which doesn't exist), but when I did show proof the Twitter account was better than eight years old, he questioned what that proved.

It's amazing how those rear end-clowns are always demanding "proof"; yet they don't seem to be chanting at CIG to provide proof they will ever live up to their promises. It's amazing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I for one would like to see a picture of Arf Jason's balls

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I for one would like to see a picture of Arf Jason's balls

they're in every post he makes they're just very tiny

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

It's amazing how those rear end-clowns are always demanding "proof"; yet they don't seem to be chanting at CIG to provide proof they will ever live up to their promises. It's amazing.

Seconded. And more so, if you do supply them proof, they stare at it blankly and claim that doesn't count. So, I guess that is the part of the brain Crobbers triggers?

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 13, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
There's a bunch of nut jobs on /r/ds - right now - debating what this meme means (hint: it has nothing to do with the Costner case)

There's a Tower Of Babel message coming soon. :grin:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 13, 2016

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
had a conversation about star citizen today at work that was pretty depressing

i'm pretty sure i'm going to see that coworker on reddit later today wondering how to convert a non believer or how to fight derek smart lies because they got physically irritated when i brought up that it seems like a scam to me and i'll wait until there is something more than just a tech demo from a fps engine.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

Seconded. And more so, if you do supply them proof, they stare at it blankly and claim that doesn't count. So, I guess that is the part of the brain Crobbers triggers?

Which pretty much explains why they would be paying for JPEGs with zero proof that a game will ever be forthcoming.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Asema posted:

i'm pretty sure i'm going to see that coworker on reddit later today wondering how to convert a non believer or how to fight derek smart lies because they got physically irritated when i brought up that it seems like a scam to me and i'll wait until there is something more than just a tech demo from a fps engine.

You should encourage him to spend more and buy even more into it all then you'll find endless amusement to make your inner child giggle for years to come

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

There's a bunch of nut jobs on /r/ds - right now - debating what this meme means (hint: it has nothing to do with the Costner case)

Could you just post your ELE dude. You said it was the funding tracker being fake. Shut em down.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

Could you just post your ELE dude. You said it was the funding tracker being fake. Shut em down.

Legal ate the case filing and has refused to do further work until the biscuit allotment is increased.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Legal ate the case filing and has refused to do further work until the biscuit allotment is increased.

The dog thing is funny but in my mind "legal" are some poor bastards down at the local ticket clinic humoring him for 50 bucks every so often.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

This is actually the one true weakness of the entire CIG mechanism. Once they accepted the very first dollar for what Chris went public with and outlined what he was offering at a later date, they entered into a consumer based contract. Unless it is a donation to an actual recognized religious institution and it was given explicitly as a donation, then CIG has breached that contract and no signing a new TOS for what you previously paid for is valid. This is as basic as it gets. Cig can deny no one a refund. That is just not how that works in a court of law. Their corporate policy that now has a record of issuing full refunds without question and insisted it, such as Derek Smart as a great example, does not give them the right to deny any portion of a refund after having failed to meet those original obligations without question. And if they are found to have issued refunds for people that purchased in after the new TOS means they can get an unobstructed refund as well.
But back to what I have come to call as The Great Roberts Begging Day, he made specific promises of what that game will have when you signed up to pledge pre-purchase. It does not matter one bit that they had a "vote" on expanding or changing a thing. It does not matter one bit. You bought in for feature X. The moment they removed feature X, you have a legit beef to get your money back with the same amount of interest that CIG profited from having your money to earn compounded interest. And then at any time anyone can open a can of civil suit foot up Chris's rear end for financial infidelity by enriching his personal life using funds that were given so that the game would have feature X in the motherfucker too WHEN he said it would be done. He opened his rear end up big to the person that has a good rainmaker lawyer to throw at it. There is no defense when it is the CEO himself that is making these claims and dates. It just wouldn't be seen that way when you are sitting in that courtroom. And I think before Chris ever gets near that, he will make a very sweet offer to settle before his and Sandi's private life are aired out on public record. Especially not over some refund.

The Agent recently posted Crobbers income and before he was getting this SC money, he was making $90k a year. Not bad money at all. Unless you live in L.A., then it becomes pretty middle class. Not bad if you're single, but if you have a family? Think of Al Bundy and go from there. So now he is making almost a $1mil. maybe that by the next financial reports. That car he has is about $130k and is not leased. They do not lease any custom Porsche's like this that I am aware of. It does have the upgraded Brembo brakes like mine. So he does own it outright. I would be more curious to see if its being written off as a company asset or not.

Tax.

This was good info. Thank you, friend.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

TheLightPurges posted:

The dog thing is funny but in my mind "legal" are some poor bastards down at the local ticket clinic humoring him for 50 bucks every so often.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

When I paid my :10bux: I didn't notice the rule that said goons must always agree with the mods. Especially when the mods play favorites.

Damned right. FAU is the ballsack cancer that is killing SA. Perhaps he needs to be replaced.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLightPurges posted:

Beer believed in Star Citizen

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Are you a cat? In a closed box?

Only on Tuesdays.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Looks like Crytek might fold. Programmers haven't been paid in two months, and pay for the last five months has been delayed. The two founder brothers are nowhere to be seen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-13-crytek-once-again-in-crisis

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

More than likely it's some poor sob at the legalzoom support desk wondering wtf a star citizen is and why some lunatic keeps sending him 50k word count docs for him to proofread.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

If you're not liquid enough to make timely payments to all employees over a duration of seven total months, you are not really a going concern and should wrap up your operations in a respectable, dignified manner. Jesus.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ArfJason posted:

See? This is the kind of person that likes to obsessively e-stalk people all day to make fun of their dinner plans, family, clothes, hair style, their over 9000 word fanfictions or encourages a mod to doxx, and then has the gall to feel indignant when called a weirdo for that.
This is why I remind you all that this stuff while not illegal still makes you look like a hosed up creep, and why I believe you all need reminding that doxxing is bad, and sending death threats is insane, which are illegal.

All because of a videogame that doesn't even exist.

This post is about Star Citizen and is therefore good.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Man, with all the time I spend screaming, doxxing people, and sending out death threats, I hardly have any time left over to make fun of Star Citizen

Maybe I should call my folks

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
But guys look at the fidelity of this helmet

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This was good info. Thank you, friend.

Anytime.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Beer believes in Star Citizen

To be fair, he wasn't wrong. I believed in it too, that is why I bought my starter package. I know nothing about game development or anything of that nature to be able to see what you guys have shown me. It wasn't until I started seeing some really major production missteps and how they conducted themselves as a business entity that I started to see the red flags that this project was a scam. The "community" was what settled it for me. I worked on the $cientology Superpowers building in Clearwater, Fl and got to see first hand what a Cult backing a scam was really like. I just kept my mouth shut and collected my $$ as long as they threw it at me. Once you are around that level of crazy, you can see it when it pops up in other places.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Asema posted:

Next time you talk to them just pull up Space Oddity on your phone and slowly increase the volume until they have a meltdown.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Serious question:

Does anyone know why cruiser and battleship classes are missing from the UEE navy?

They have a poo poo ton of engineering debt, yet seem to be missing two very important classes in the whole "WW2 in space" theme.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

If you're not liquid enough to make timely payments to all employees over a duration of seven total months, you are not really a going concern and should wrap up your operations in a respectable, dignified manner. Jesus.
there's been a few places I've known personally and professionally that have done this

it starts off as a delay tactic because of course there's going to be money coming in, look at our AR and P&L and there's money right loving there, it'll be here soon

well no one told me the stuff I'm seeing on those books was wrong or off or cooked up, but I'll get an investor to cover our poo poo

so another month goes by and now my employees haven't been paid and while I havent secured more cash yet, I'm sure it's coming soon (I am still paying myself, however)

by month three people are still coming in and I'm amazed how dumb they are and I get the gently caress out of there and shut down all high level communications because they'll figure out that the company isn't actually around when they come into work one day and the building management company is asking for me before they turn off the lights

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

JugbandDude posted:

Serious question:

Does anyone know why cruiser and battleship classes are missing from the UEE navy?

They have a poo poo ton of engineering debt, yet seem to be missing two very important classes in the whole "WW2 in space" theme.

Because they can't agree on a price point, I guess.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

there's been a few places I've known personally and professionally that have done this

it starts off as a delay tactic because of course there's going to be money coming in, look at our AR and P&L and there's money right loving there, it'll be here soon

well no one told me the stuff I'm seeing on those books was wrong or off or cooked up, but I'll get an investor to cover our poo poo

so another month goes by and now my employees haven't been paid and while I havent secured more cash yet, I'm sure it's coming soon (I am still paying myself, however)

by month three people are still coming in and I'm amazed how dumb they are and I get the gently caress out of there and shut down all high level communications because they'll figure out that the company isn't actually around when they come into work one day and the building management company is asking for me before they turn off the lights

:argh: worst story of worst businesses, repeated all too frequently

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/C8GQZOO.mp4

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

that is a healthy relationship.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

wow a new thread for star citizen that's pretty incredible

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

intardnation posted:

that is a healthy relationship.

haha it was just a stupid inside joke man lighten up, guys do stuff like this all the time its just in their nature lol

whats creepier is how you're all still obsessed with ben

maybe the people in this thread are the real creeps to be honest with you

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Looks like Crytek might fold. Programmers haven't been paid in two months, and pay for the last five months has been delayed. The two founder brothers are nowhere to be seen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-13-crytek-once-again-in-crisis

I imagine they got loving destroyed by UE4 and Unity's latest business model.

Congrats on being the only company using CryEngine in 2016, CIG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361399/identifying-gender-on-the-forum