Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I just left the guild to make room for someone more active, been busy and haven't even been checking in reliably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Helpful reminder to check the Item Synthesis periodically, if you've gotten junk 6* drops from adventure or other places, you have a high possibility of being able to turn a bunch of crap +30% Lethal/Crit weapons into a single +26% Speed weapon.

For the world boss entries for the event, it counts both Normal and Easy, so you can knock that one out real quick that way. I scored 1 point this time, much better than my previous 0 points from last go around. :regd09:
Unlimited entry Evan/Karin dungeons count for the Special entry too as you might expect.

Speed/Skill Turn thing was apparently fixed for most characters but still happens for characters with only 1 skill sometimes? The issue was a problem with the auto-skill thing (thus effecting all of PvP) not actually speed though fwtw.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 9, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The 7K Jewels are in item synth too. If we ever get another crazy 6* jewel event it'd be great to be able to pick and choose what jewels you get, and at a higher grade too! In the meantime I can feed all those Block jewels I was never sure to feed or use into a Life Steal and Crit Damage jewels for Feng Yan.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Welp I can't beat the easy mode of the new Evan dungeon, let alone the hard mode. Guess that shits a way off for me. Not that I was particularly excited about farming it 500 times to begin with.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The Karin dungeon is much much easier than the Evan dungeon because she can't use any of her res skills (including Awoken skill), but you really need 2+ strong single target DPS characters (preferably like Rachel and Eileen) to make it easy enough to grind.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway though, there's way more important awoken heroes coming in the future anyway.

Claws don't forget to change the CR difficuilties at some point. I'm at 927 7K points now :buddy:
It'll probably give me a Kris or Rudy :smith:

Also for Pure Rok, I think I got you as Best Friend in game, make sure you check the Social -> Friendship tab and turn in all the quests :v:

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

applied to Sloven Knights as Obama08

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
All Castle Rushes are becoming NORMAL! Welcome to the BIG LEAGUES, GENTS!!!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Unrelated, but for a while now I've been having issue that my lil' animes aren't making anime battlecries anymore when they use their attacks, and neither are my opponents. It's just wordless combat, and May is far reduced in this state.

Were voice lines removed from the game?

e: what gears does floaty mcswordman want for dragon farming?

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 11, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

May and Teo lost their voices in this patch because bugs. If you lost all the voices, double check that both the text and voice pack settings are set to English because they won't work unless they are both the same thing.

Feng is Spd/Spd Counter/Counter, Lethal/Life Steal/Crit Damage

You can make an argument for Spd/Lethal weapons but Spd/Spd is a bit better overall.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

For the world boss entries for the event, it counts both Normal and Easy, so you can knock that one out real quick that way. I scored 1 point this time, much better than my previous 0 points from last go around. :regd09:
Unlimited entry Evan/Karin dungeons count for the Special entry too as you might expect.

Further to this, all activities that require you to play an activity only requires you to enter it, not necessarily succeed. You can also grind the same one, e.g. Tower of Abyss level 1 7 times = completed Bingo challenge.
I even think that playing the same raid boss multiple times, i.e. bosses that are too strong to kill in 1 attempt, count for multiple entries in the Bingo counter. I have 18/20 raid and have not killed 18 raid bosses.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
So I've got a "Critical Power Up Increase" popup over my heroes tab on the home screen. What's that about?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
3x chance of 2x power ups.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

3x chance of 2x power ups.

goddamn I wish I hadn't done all my power ups yesterday

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
What are the two things on the bingo board for "check-in?" For some reason I only have 1/x on both of them

Edit: Doh there's a check in on the bingo board itself

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 12, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lessons learned for the day

1) Have to actually run Lee Jung for Rudy CR still, until I can dig up a spare junk 6* Sieg. Mao Song is a really good swap in for Rudy day though, buys you 4 more stun-free turns and he can remove defense prep. Nice that for some reason I have a 40 Mao Song friend.

2) Can't attack Iron Devourer until the last day of WB. It seems like Lethal focus is either a weighted system, or requires a threshold to activate. Because my Asura has over 130% lethal and she targeted the wrong head 4x times. Same head each time too.

3) They still haven't fixed the Auto-Mode bug yet. Have to turn Auto-Mode off when doing WB otherwise ID will go first.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Just hit 40 with my Sieg. Now to unlock his slots bit by bit. How would you guys build him?

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 13, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I have him geared like this: Speed/Crit, HP/HP, Crit Chance/Crit Damage/Life Steal
Since that gives him ~95% crit chance with a ton of damage, and still has upwards of 44 speed. I'll probably slap a crit damage acc on him later too.

I think you can make an argument for any of Spd/Spd, Spd/Crit, Crit/Lethal. Lethal is good for CR since that adds up with BJ to give you 85% Lethal chance. Spd/Spd is best for stalling turns longer obviously, but since you need extra skills to pad between your primary DPS anyway, I think it makes sense to have 1 more person geared for guaranteed crit, and Sieg would be that guy.

In KR Sieg has an awoken form that's totally different though, he's got a cooldown reducer so you spec him Spd/Spd Counter/Counter, etc. So with that in mind, Spd/Spd gets him closer to where he'll be later.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looks like I've hit a wall at 2400, I can't make any more progress, using Pascal/Rin/Karma/Spike/X. Tried DQ, Sera, Teo, and one or two others but it didn't seem to help. Can't quite pinpoint what I'm losing to either, other than the usual gigantic mass of 40 Giparangs. I think I've just hit a point where more people have fully geared heroes and decent accessories.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Diamond sucks a lot yes, the point range has doubled and you really need transcendence levels at this point.

It makes the most sense to focus hard on the normal heroes who are good there since you can actually get them up to 40. If your guys are all sitting at 30/32 you can't land any ailments at all and you'll be eating them with like a 100% chance.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah, 7k/4l transcends aren't happening any time soon, Rin is 32 (and she is a goddamn monster, holy poo poo, I have her fully ascended geared and the damage she outputs is nutso, she's my 1/4 farmer now).

The others though, Pascal is 40, DQ is 34 (I stopped raising her once Pascal hit), Sera is 34 and that's about it.

I could try raising Sera to 40 I suppose, but Gip to 40 might actually be a better option, since I think immortal is stronger than the damage boost from Sera since almost everyone at this rank is running invulns + immortals.

Not super fussed about it, not like arena rewards are massive, and I made a lot of progress elsewhere - up to 121 in the celestial tower, only three masteries left to buy.

And I scored 5k on ID!!!1111.

Hey, random query - anyone know why the story just sort of... stopped? Is it only on Normal mode or something? I cleared through 11 on Easy and never saw another cutscene. Not that it's amazing or anything, just going from 9X story to the awakening cutscene was a bit :confused: I think I got cockblocked fairly early on Normal in the asian realms, the fights there get really loving obnoxious pretty fast.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I blow through 2400 every other week with 32 karma 36 rin, 40 pascal 40 gip 32 spike. 3k is a different beast, I think i had around 40% win rate last week when I started in there. Spike Karma and Rin are gold, awakened but not +5 geared.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

They haven't translated the rest of the story inbetween for some reason.

I used to be up around ~2900 but I can't even break 2500 anymore because I haven't touched anyone on my PvP team since Pascal came out. They're almost all 30 with no/half gear. But Diamond rank is pretty good considering that I think. :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

We have two spots open in SlovenKnights!

Also, for those of you who need some coins before the guild war ends, there are a few foes with victim stats this time around. Get in their and steal their golds!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My 6+* are:
34+5 Ascended Karin (36 tomorrow when I get the 5* Light to get my next Karin to 6*)
40+5 Pascal, Shane
36+5 Black Rose, Espada, +3 Ruri (literally just transcending them with the random 6* i get)
34+5 Bai Jiao
32+5 Sieg, Rin, Asura
30+5 Dellons, Eileene, Feng Yan, Ace, Rachel, Spike, Giparang
30 not +5: Da Qiao, Lu Bu, Sera, Jave, Evan, Jake, Zhuge Liang, Yu Shin, Sun Wukong, Karma, Lina, Xiao, Jupy, Victoria, Karon, Soi

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I didn't think about that, I'll probably have a 40 karin/evan at some point. But... so will everyone else.

I ran into someone in arena with a 40+5 maxed Karin. She used her ascended skill when her entire party was dead. That was fun :eng99:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is Mao Song any good? I just pulled a 5* one from a random 3-6 and am wondering whether he's worth getting up to 6*.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mao Song is kind of okay for Rudy CR day, but typically as a swap in and not for your initial Stun resistance. He has both 4 turn stun resist and a short cooldown buff remover which is great.

But I couldn't tell you if that gets you a better total score than just running something like, Shane | Karma, Ace, Rachel, Sieg->Eileen

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dang it, got 4.6m on CR today, just short of that 5m line :smith:

I really need a super swole Karma or Dellons friend geared for HP and life steal. Wish the friend system wasn't such a pain in the rear end in this game.

Hrm, not sure how to gear up Espada. I think some people use her for Storm Wing, which would pretty much require Spd/Spd to make work. But since she's got strong single target skills, it'd be useful to stack crit or lethal instead.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 14, 2016

Maladictus
Feb 22, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

We have two spots open in SlovenKnights!

Also, for those of you who need some coins before the guild war ends, there are a few foes with victim stats this time around. Get in their and steal their golds!

Applied as DictusSA

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I muscled my way into Diamond today, using:

Rin (32) / Kris (30), Rudy (32), Sera (38) and Teo (32). I barely dropped a game all throughout platinum, Rudy seems a really good counter to the current Gip meta, and he's geared enough to shrug Pascal. Even if Pascal does hurt him Kris' passive heal usually tops him up right fast.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
After taking a break from Summoner's War and stepping away from Light, I need another game that will keep me busy. The premium currency may be generous if I'm going by the op but is the game too automated?

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
You can let it play automatically, but you're also free to use the skills manually, which is generally more efficient. The only exception is PVP, where everything is automated. Regular attacks are always automatic.
I'd say just try it. It's free, so if you don't like it the only thing you would lose is some time.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

I muscled my way into Diamond today, using:

Rin (32) / Kris (30), Rudy (32), Sera (38) and Teo (32). I barely dropped a game all throughout platinum, Rudy seems a really good counter to the current Gip meta, and he's geared enough to shrug Pascal. Even if Pascal does hurt him Kris' passive heal usually tops him up right fast.

Honestly with that setup I would think it'd almost be better to drop Rin since most of your guys are physical and Sera has fixed damage. Like, Karma is more suited for a tanky team anyway and he gives everyone better damage output.

Wouldn't mess with what works though. And it's hard to argue with how good Rin is even if she isn't supporting the others much.
There's a top ranking guy running something like this now though: A.Evan, A.Karin, Rudy, Kris, Nezha. That sounds really unfun to fight again. :v:

I'm slowly getting to the point of having all my most important heroes transcended up now. Think I'm going to switch to a strategy of leaving people at 38 and then working on others, in case I pull some spares. It kind of sucks having teams of all 40 heroes and then 30 7K/4L.

Still haven't figure out great teams for World Boss yet. I think it seems that for ID a lot of people have abandoned the idea of using Xiao and just go ham on damage instead. So thinking, Shane | Asura, BJ, Rachel ... maybe Sieg or Karma to round things out? Less actives to juggle seems key because you've got your hands full already with Phoenix + Lock On + Fiendish.

Storm Wing, can't decide if I should take Espada specced to speed or just go ham on damage. Would be easier to go ham since hitting the >328 threshold would be a lot easier to get geared up, and wouldn't sacrifice Espada's usefulness as a secondary DPS for Raid.

NMW ehhhhh well, just need to work on Sera I guess.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Haha, you're mirroring more or less exactly my situation right now. Finished nearly all of my regulars. Lots of 40s, and all the special ones way behind.

The awakened heroes help here, at least. Managed to build a great Arena group with them today - I don't want to jinx it but I've won the last ten matches with Evan, Spike / Yu Shin, Karin, Ace.
Yu Shin doesn't really fit here but he's my strongest normal PvP hero. Not sure who would be a good fifth. Maybe bring my Kris to 32 wit the next Selector? Nooo clue...

Was also thinking exactly the same thing for the stupid World Bosses. Just build a team with your fastest heroes and go ham.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, you only need speed specifically for Storm Wing, and you can get around that by running Spike instead. That's just not real ideal for going ham is all, since you don't need the extra crit rate and would rather have an extra 50% damage multiplier, or whatever.

Also the team comp depends on if phys or mag are banned for that session. Since if phys is banned, you run Feng and thus have another 80+ speed unit instead of a 26 speed unit, buys you a lot more wiggle room. But also then you can't use Eileen. Same thing with Dellons vs Karma for All Damage support. Barf.

Not a lot of great ways to get special heroes that doesn't involve doing a poo poo ton of fusions, or spending a poo poo ton of rubies and/or topaz. I guess there's just ...

- Buy a 7K ticket for way too many Topaz
- Buy out a Special Summon board for 360 Topaz + 3600 Rubies
- Roll on the summon shop during events (especially anything guaranteed), spend 6K Rubies and then cash in on an S-Rank Chloe for a 75% chance at a Special hero.

None of those are real appealing.

Oh and here's something worth a look if you feel like grinding hard. Normally you can buy 110 keys for 100 Rubies, which is a pretty good deal because you can convert those 110 keys back into 94 Rubies plus all of the gold/fodder you gain.

But right now keys are on sale, 65 Rubies for 110 keys. So you can actually get a net gain of ~30 rubies by doing this. So basically, free keys if you need em.

E: Or in the case of today's ID, the first thing that happens is Shane gets wiped by a full party piercing attack before she can do anything. I just don't see how to make Shane any tankier than I have her without bringing Espada along to take half the damage off. Damage is gonna be real bad like that though, but I guess 'some damage' is better than 'no damage'.

This is why World Boss just sucks. You get 1 chance at it, and the rules change every time.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 15, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just got two raid rewards that brought me over 300 Scales and Horns. Is it better to do the Awakened craft or the two regular crafts?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Never Awakened / Special Craft, always Confirmed. You want to be able to target your desired sub stat on the crafts. You'll need the Awakening Shards to actually awaken your equipped stuff sooner or later.
If your horn and scale stocks start overflowing start spamming Random Craft. Worst case you can use these to upgrade your good stuff.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Finally

You done good Shane.

My CR 7K ended up being Jave. Hrm. 32 Jave is nice for the jewels, but I feel like trying to build a tank PvP team with him is still pretty futile at this point, he only has 6700 HP which in PvP terms means he still wipes instantly to any fixed damage attack. Might fair a little better with an HP accessory, but probably not.

Guess I'll work on getting that A.Karin in the mean time anyway, might not get to Evan in time so maybe we'll get A.Hellenia sooner rather than later.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 16, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just transcended my Dellons to 32, what set of jewels does he want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Depends on what you're using him for I guess. Since nobody is really running him as DPS anymore, you might want to spec him into HP and use him for CR/Raid just for the +All Damage. So you'd probably want Life Steal, Crit Chance, Counter Chance. Or something to that effect.

• Locked thread