Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh my God this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The Strawhats will beat up Germa66 and big Mom will say something along the lines of "Well, they sucked. How about you still marry my daughter and we ally with each other against Kaidou instead?".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That would imply she was allying with them solely or mainly for their physical strength. Which is doubtful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

That would imply she was allying with them solely or mainly for their physical strength. Which is doubtful.

Their physical and military strength is inconsequential to someone like Big Mom. The political power of people who can get a wanted poster changed to "Wanted Alive" however is useful.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yes, and the Strawhats don't have that kind of political clout. Which is why I said it was doubtful she'd just take their defeat in stride and ask the Strawhats to be her allies instead.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I watched a clip of the anime on Monet's death and what the hell they played the sad music for it they usually use for flashback arcs. Was that supposed to be sad???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWl1THmMC8
for a good time watch at 2x speed

Also the comments are amazing I never realized Monet had a posse

quote:

--
One Piece for Life sorry for her

----
man why did i click this to watch the scene again. i HATE watching ladies die

---

I hate that bitch Clown.....he is the worst...he killed Monet how sad..Law that bitch! Oda that wasn't funny -_-

A lot of people put the blame on Caeser too which is extra great. There's apparently a lot of "Maybe she survived" and "She should have joined the crew"

Edit: I hope these guys broke out into tears when Baby 5 wasn't killed off

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

While Sexy Harpy would have been an interesting addition to the crew, it was never going to happen.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Monet wasnt that interesting
Why do people rember monet
Why did they want her as a new crew memeber
Maybe since she was the least crap thing about punk hazard?
I thought she was crap

And i think the same of this current rabbit woman

I say the next crewmate better have such a bombastic character

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

While Sexy Harpy would have been an interesting addition to the crew, it was never going to happen.

Yeah, harpies, people who can make arms appear on poo poo, villains like that just aren't meant for the One Piece crew.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Monet wasnt that interesting
Why do people rember monet

You already know the answer to this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, harpies, people who can make arms appear on poo poo, villains like that just aren't meant for the One Piece crew.

her being a lovely fit it has nothing to do with abilities and everything to do with monet being an utterly terrible person who abused children

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Do the strawhats have anything that could counter-act the poison gas Kaidos crews use or are they going to have to grab Caesar on their way out?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

monet has a cool fruit and was smart (wore glasses)

rest in peace 🌷

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I say interesting in the sense she could presumably fly around and stuff (so not very, I guess), but there was no build up to anything or any indication that there would be in regards to her appearing after Punk Hazard.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

deep space nein posted:

Do the strawhats have anything that could counter-act the poison gas Kaidos crews use or are they going to have to grab Caesar on their way out?

have you heard of, "haki"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

guys she litteraly hooked kids on meth what the gently caress

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

deep space nein posted:

Luffy is mostly immune to various poisons, Choppers docterin' and Sanji's sister who takes his place after this arc can heal people with her kisses

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

guys she litteraly hooked kids on meth what the gently caress

But have you considered her titties? Because that's why she's so very important and it's so depressing she died.

Vergo was a way better character, and in the list of people to be sad about dying on Punk Hazard he's far above her on the list. Like 79 spaces below the last blade of grass destroyed by Franky-Monster Chopper, but still higher than Monet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vergo is such a great case of post-outro characterization
He only bloomed in the corazon flashback and he was great for the ~10 so panels he was in

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Luffy is mostly immune to various poisons, Choppers docterin' and Sanji's sister who takes his place after this arc can heal people with her kisses

Choppers doctoring isn't much use in an active fight but I'd forgotten about Sanjis sister. I guess it'll be a case of her or Caesar. We'll probably get another Enel-face when he tries to pull out his Trump card of them needing his abilities and they say "nah that's what she's for have fun with Big Mam" and peace out

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Vergo is such a great case of post-outro characterization
He only bloomed in the corazon flashback and he was great for the ~10 so panels he was in

Vergo was the only one of the 4 commanders to not be outshined by subordinates. Gladius, Sugar and Baby 5 were the best of Dressrosa.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sub Harrison posted:

Vergo was the only one of the 4 commanders to not be outshined by subordinates. Gladius, Sugar and Baby 5 were the best of Dressrosa.

A shameful list.

The best of Dressrosa was Senior Pink.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

A shameful list.

The best of Dressrosa was Senior Pink.

poo poo meant to say senior not baby haha

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Gyges posted:

Their physical and military strength is inconsequential to someone like Big Mom. The political power of people who can get a wanted poster changed to "Wanted Alive" however is useful.

The lady who stuffs souls into things and controls them wanting the vinsmokes for any reason other than their army of soulless super soldier clones seems.. unlikely.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

The lady who stuffs souls into things and controls them wanting the vinsmokes for any reason other than their army of soulless super soldier clones seems.. unlikely.

Are the clone soldiers actually soulless? They're genetically brainwashed, but that's not the same thing.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Silver2195 posted:

Are the clone soldiers actually soulless? They're genetically brainwashed, but that's not the same thing.

Even if the Germa clones have souls, they could probably make soulless ones for Big Mom.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i'd gently caress that bird bitch

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

two items too terrible for discussion

Can the clone soldiers wield haki if they don't have souls?

If they do not have souls, can Conqueror Haki have an effect on them

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
No chance on the former, they don't have ambition and could not care about anything enough to generate haki. On the latter I have to assume being mass produced would mean their fortitude is relatively weak, I'd be very surprised if Luffy couldn't instantly take them all out.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

deep space nein posted:

Chopper worked with Caesar to counteract the gas and save the minks, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume Chopper can handle it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But they probably will grab Ceaser. He has been hanging out with them for a while.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

one piece 2, starring perona, caeser, carrot (the only original strawhat in the spinoff), um. gaimon. oh jin is there too

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

oddium posted:

one piece 2, starring perona, caeser, carrot (the only original strawhat in the spinoff), um. gaimon. oh jin is there too

You forgot the original person who was definitely going to join the crew after her introduction, Marguerite!

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Don't forget Paulie, Wyper and Kaku

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would absolutely love in Ceasar tagged along for the rest of the series just because the strawhats could use him for some reason or another. Just drag him against his will everywhere.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

Political power which they aren't likely to keep once the government learns they've joined forces with an emperor.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Political power which they aren't likely to keep once the government learns they've joined forces with an emperor.

Doflamingo kept dealing with Kaidou by secret and still kept his shichibukai-dom.
Besides we havent seen any WG in Big mom waters, and I bet that would also hold true in other warlord territory.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Yes, nations do tend to lose political power once they gain access to massive military power, it's true.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sanji's dad pretty much stated that Germa would lose the right to attend the Reverie once word got out they'd allied with Big Mom, but the power they'd gain in return would be absolute.

So make of that what you will.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Big Mom wants the clone army because she can siphon off their life force and live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
She's trying to make her family legit, but I'm not sure whether we're dealing with a Godfather plan failure or a Romeo Must Die plan failure.