Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Eh, I got stuff to do today :colbert: *spends 8 consecutive hours posting on SA*

:toot: No surprises here, DFA endorsed Bernie too. That's what happens when grassroots organizations poll their members to decide their endorsements rather than having their leadership decide themselves, the endorsement goes to whoever has more grassroots support.

I mean, you're right that it's no surprise but was this like the AFL-CIO vote where the ballot was basically "Ellison" or "Nothing"? I'm glad he's getting support but the guy's running unopposed, his closest challenger is a guy who's nearly just like him saying 'eh, maaaaaybe'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Life's different after your windfall comes, I guess.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Joementum posted:

praise lavos

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

If it helps the rich, gently caress em, they already got and got too much as it is with nothing more than a 'gently caress off' to the minds, muscle, and souls what got them there. Y'all had your turn and you've about ruined us. And goddamn it, we're not about to take any more of it. [ed note: yes you are]

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

I legit want all these people with broken fingers. I'm tired of their lovely strategies, opinions, and ideas about what constitutes values. It's as disgusting to read as Trump nominating a borg.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

It's quite good and I think mostly correct about what Obama got right and where he fell short. Not sure why you'd think there'd be a different attitude about it here.

because this thread is full of histrionic morons, Joe

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

because this thread is full of histrionic morons, Joe

Obama's legacy is dead and good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also again, make C-SPAM the main forum, and D&D the subforum for idiots

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

I legit want all these people with broken fingers. I'm tired of their lovely strategies, opinions, and ideas about what constitutes values.

Says the person who just wished crippling injury on someone for writing a thing.

quote:

It's as disgusting to read as Trump nominating a borg.

Assimilation into a collective that would see to my every need (and possibly put the inconvenient conscious bit of me in a VR paradise simulation) honestly doesn't sound that bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

seriously at least for all the shitposts CSPAM doesn't have the black people politics quarantine zone.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

Says the person who just wished crippling injury on someone for writing a thing.

Stay in USPOwait

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nonsense posted:

cspam is the only place on the internet where i've seen people actually apologize to each-other for getting too heated over a difference of opinion

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

This on the other hand I can 100% agree with.

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Obama's legacy was neoliberalism in an exciting new color!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm sorry ya'll I saw three different messages of Trump nominating a kremlin borg, and I just can't handle much now. gently caress being off.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Stay in USPOwait

Whatever man, someone's gotta be the token pacifist around here.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Concerned Citizen posted:

guy cecil (priorities USA chair and supposedly-but-not-really runner-up to robby mook for hfa cm) unexpectedly has been kind of on a tear recently. i think he's largely in the correct direction

I don't believe him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr. Kos doesn't deserve much of my rage.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

god i loving hate the daily kos

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Joementum posted:

~Limousine Liberal
In the heart of Los Angeles

Limousine Liberal
Here's what my woke kid said~

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Joementum posted:

what we need is more condescension and paternalism

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not thinking anything is a foregone conclusion by any means, but do you suppose that Ellison has built up enough momentum that any challenge from Perez could be too little, too late?

Or is the establishment this hell bent to push through their choice at the expense of winning any future election?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

god i loving hate the daily kos

I genuinely have no clue who their audience is. They're constantly a weird mishmash of Too Woke To Live Too Pragmatic To Die that I can't imagine either side enjoys reading the site.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Not thinking anything is a foregone conclusion by any means, but do you suppose that Ellison has built up enough momentum that any challenge from Perez could be too little, too late?

Or is the establishment this hell bent to push through their choice at the expense of winning any future election?

Excuse me sir, I believe you will find that Hillary only lost because of Comney and Putin and nothing needs to change at all except maybe going to Madison now and then.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Obama's hero status will be useful, but his actual actions do not hold up to scrutiny.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

seriously at least for all the shitposts CSPAM doesn't have the black people politics quarantine zone.

lol thx exmarx

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maybe coal miners can be uranium miners

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[extremely trash hobbit voice] how can i be racist, i love hakas!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:smugjones:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

docbeard posted:

This on the other hand I can 100% agree with.

But we're all idiots!

Thoguh posted:

Excuse me sir, I believe you will find that Hillary only lost because of Comney and Putin and nothing needs to change at all except maybe going to Madison now and then.

*never actually goes to Madison*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Optimus Subprime posted:

Obama's hero status will be useful, but his actual actions do not hold up to scrutiny.

On the other hand Bill Clinton has hero status too, look how "useful" he was

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
C-SPAM could barely contain one hell thread and we had to go through 4 variations of it, D&D does a good job of managing 12 at once

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I think Ellison is all but won at this point but I don't understand what of Perez' stuff you think would cost us the election when he's incredibly similar to Ellison?

I think Perez is mainly the Obama alliance's way to say 'hey we have progressive members too who are good' and avoid being left in the dust, which is fine because they do and shouldn't be.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It honestly feels more like "oh I suppose someone should run against him" than anything else, to me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

C-SPAM could barely contain one hell thread and we had to go through 4 variations of it, D&D does a good job of managing 12 at once

all threads in dnd are hell threads

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

This must be what it felt like to read Mensheviks saying we gotta keep fighting Germany.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

Angery

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Obama's legacy is dead and good.

Obama's legacy is to forever be the guy that ushered in the age of Trump

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

loquacius posted:

during the campaign he was warning about the rust belt and the working class voters that gave him two terms being lost to trump and the rest of the campaign brushed him off and called him an out of touch old man

l
o
l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I genuinely think most of Clinton's loss of appeal came from him becoming a sad skeleton after his surgeries. We loved fat party animal Clinton.

• Locked thread