Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Gendai Majo no Shuushoku Jijou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Maou-jou de Oyasumi - About a captured princess who has nothing to do but forage around the demon lord's castle for ways to improve her sleeping.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What do you do, when an accident unexpectedly and abruptly ends your life, and your soul still lingers? When there's not even someone to blame, and you were suddenly taken, completely randomly?

When you see your friends' lives go on, somehow, and you don't know how to cope with it - and neither do they.

When you can only watch, as they try to comfort and support each other, to try to move on... and you stay alone.

When you're stuck in time, but the people you love go on living and find others.

And when you realize that the ones that don't, might be worse off for it.

How do you deal with these feelings, the anger, the disappointment?

More of a mini presentation since one or two pictures can't really capture what's going on in it, but if you haven't, you should read Majime na Jikan. It's good, it's short (9 chapters), and it's complete.
(It's actually way more light-hearted than i make it look here, but still pretty somber due to, well, the nature of the theme)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
That's really good! The art's very nice and it's about the right length.

The ending was a positive note, but made me sad. :unsmith:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 19, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I love that series. One of my favorites.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

blizzardvizard posted:

Homunculus

A homeless guy got his skull drilled into for money. The idiot died, the end.

Fair warning though, the manga can get graphic and frankly quite sick at times, though on the flip side it's kinda refreshing to have a story about "deep dark recesses of human mind" that don't shy from actually depicting those. Might also be a bit Psychology 101 for some, which I guess is a completely fair assessment.

I figured doesn't shy away from darkness was manga code for rape and boy was I not disappointed.

Had to stop reading this when the main character rapes a young girl to cure her mental illness and then just starts guzzling his own cum out of his hands for 3 issues. I understand that the Japanese love a good rape because too many nuclear bombs got dropped on them but that's the first time I've nearly gagged at a comic before.

Shame because it was pretty interesting psycho drama up to that point. I find loads of mangas have this kind of "turn" like that Korean gang manga that starts off fun then suddenly goes into bloody dildo rape at no notice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That can't be a real spoiler, can it?

Also Majime na Jikan was fantastic. Perfect bittersweet story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nopantsjack posted:

I understand that the Japanese love a good rape because too many nuclear bombs got dropped on them
oh good another idiot fucker who still uses this old chestnut

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

tweet my meat posted:

That can't be a real spoiler, can it?

Also Majime na Jikan was fantastic. Perfect bittersweet story.

It's a real enough spoiler. I bailed at that point, too, though I didn't even get as far as the aftermath.

But, yeah, the comment about the Japanese loving rape is pretty bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also the "lol those japs be crazy cuz of the nukes" line straight from gbs circa 2002

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'd post the pages of him slurping cum out of his cupped hands like a hungry bird but that'd probably be NSFW

Sorry to offend that guy above though

e: like I say I'd got past the benevolent rape because thats a given in seinen manga for whatever reason and my eyes just glaze over at this point, the jizz eating not so much.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 20, 2016

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The way you worded it made it sound like it dedicated 3 issues to him drinking cum from his own hands which is what had me confused.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sounds like the kind of thing I don't want to read, please at least warn people about rape mangs rather than pussyfooting around it with chat about darkness of the human mind.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Chiaki Harada's Suspicious Diary

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Teen Mom is about a teenager who is pregnant.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the guy who made ichi the killer made another hosed up manga? i for one am shocked

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Jose posted:

the guy who made ichi the killer made another hosed up manga? i for one am shocked
:same:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Golden Sparrow

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love you, so I kill you.

Couldn't help but show this amazing stand-alone 3 page setup, it cracks me up every time.
The manga has kind of a strong premise, but it seems like the author doesn't quite know where to take it, so he's currently throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. So far, it's a fun trashy slaughterfest with high schoolers, we'll see where it goes from here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just because the "unconvince" thread was gassed doesn't mean you should post them here!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm convinced

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Just because the "unconvince" thread was gassed doesn't mean you should post them here!

I hope you all understand what you've done by mocking me for that. :colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've always up for trashy death games manga (or the genre it is a subset of, "teenagers killing each other for various reasons").

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I've always up for trashy death games manga (or the genre it is a subset of, "teenagers killing each other for various reasons").

Yeah, if i hadn't seen a discussion a while back somewhere here where someone was asking for more of those, i probably wouldn't have bothered, but i kinda love the trashy death game genre, even if they often have a lot of bad baggage attached.

It's also only the second time i've seen someone pull the "couldn't actually protect childhood friend" punchline, and i can't even remember where i've seen it the first time.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

That's not a very good chair, the back is way too low, or her spine is way too long.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bro Dad posted:

The Golden Sparrow

Is there anywhere to read this where there isn't an incredibly tacky watermark on every page?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Eopia posted:

Is there anywhere to read this where there isn't an incredibly tacky watermark on every page?

Japan

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waga Na wa Nero

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Wombs

Pretty drat good War/Scifi manga, the art looks straight out of MGS concept art which is just perfect for such a militaristic focused theme.

After fleeing earth, the first wave of settlers of a new planet have to fight off the technologically superior and better equipped second wave of settlers who want to conquer the planet to themselves.

The first settlers main weapon (and the only way they have of standing a fighting chance) is the living planet itself and its lifeforms, capable of instant teleportation to almost any place in the world, a massive tactical advantage. They take control of this teleportation by having women gestate a "transfer organ" genetically infused with alien DNA with a similar gestation time of a baby, which grants the teleportation powers to the women after special training. A major plot point is the mystery around what this transfer organ really is. It has a female author so the pregnancy and pregnant soldiers theme is handled with the sensibility it deserves.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 9, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

7c Nickel posted:

That's not a very good chair, the back is way too low, or her spine is way too long.

You actually shouldn't have a chair with a high back because it ruins your neck muscles

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Why didn't he make her into a chair? God so uncreative

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Xun posted:

Why didn't he make her into a chair? God so uncreative

:golfclap:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I love you, so I kill you.

Couldn't help but show this amazing stand-alone 3 page setup, it cracks me up every time.
The manga has kind of a strong premise, but it seems like the author doesn't quite know where to take it, so he's currently throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. So far, it's a fun trashy slaughterfest with high schoolers, we'll see where it goes from here.

I ended up reading this and I can't decide if it's way worse or not nearly as bad as that picture indicates. It also seems weird to call it a slaughterfest when like 4 people died, that's a poor showing for a a Saturday evening around here. :colbert:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

only 4 people? you must be reading something else

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yea maybe he forgot a zero or two, because it's quite literally raining body parts in the latest chapter (spoilers)

But he's not exactly wrong in saying that the posted 3 pages are kinda misleading.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
To You, The Immortal

A strange immortal entity wanders the lands learning about life, fruit, and manners along the way

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Yak of Wrath posted:

To You, The Immortal

A strange immortal entity wanders the lands learning about life, fruit, and manners along the way
I read the four chapters that were out and I'll second this recommendation. Lots of promise here.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Elysiume posted:

I read the four chapters that were out and I'll second this recommendation. Lots of promise here.

It's also by the woman who made Koe no Katachi. Followed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Uh oh. I couldn't handle Koe no Katachi because I'm a big ol baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!

Tarezax posted:

I could have used this warning before I started reading. But still followed

• Locked thread