Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oxyclean posted:

Also, I take it the Symmetra changes aren't part of this update?

They are, and the new Symmetra voice line (super-smug "I made you something~") is gonna get so much work tonight. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hell yeah motherfuckeeerrrrr

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Is this downloading insanely slow for anybody else? I'm at 200 bytes per second download on EU. I'll be dead before it's done.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jeza posted:

Is this downloading insanely slow for anybody else? I'm at 200 bytes per second download on EU. I'll be dead before it's done.

yeah EU as well and it's loving slow

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if you don't like snowball mode you're dead inside

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Snowball mode should have had respawns. I guess there is no reinforcements mode in ow is there?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
omg that Reaper skin looks like that old Mage armor

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

I knew I'd get an idiot saying something along these lines. Did I say it made it impossible to identify? No I said it made it harder which it does. It will only get harder as more and more skins like yeti/nutcracker are added.

How does it make it harder? They have the same silhouettes and posture as before

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So do Genji and Hanjo not celebrate the Holidays or whatever?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They couldn't secure the KFC sponsorship.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Got a legendary! But it was currency. McCree's snowball shooting trick Emote is cool.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Really not sure why they decided instagib and no-respawns were a good match.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Moddington posted:

The other option is to literally create a deathmatch mode and that'd be pretty weird for this

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Jeza posted:

Got a legendary! But it was currency.

Got a Mei legendary! But it was the fireman one. Which is like the complete opposite of a snowman so I guess that's something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

The other option is to literally create a deathmatch mode and that'd be pretty weird for this

it's not any weirder than the arena already is

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not any weirder than the arena already is

Weird as in doesn't really fit the theme of the event :shrug:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

How does it make it harder? They have the same silhouettes and posture as before

First off. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha really?

Now remember everyone else has multiple possibilities (that sometimes may look sort of similar) and being able to understand what is what quickly is important.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Moddington posted:

probably because it is

Duck and Cover posted:

Now remember everyone else has multiple possibilities (that sometimes may look sort of similar) and being able to understand what is what quickly is important.
nice overwatch pic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Duck and Cover posted:

Idk what you're trying to say here

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Duck and Cover posted:

i don't understand what the point of this post is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Weird as in doesn't really fit the theme of the event :shrug:

I don't see how it's weirder to have respawns than it is not to have respawns for the event

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Do you think Mei killed Winston to make her Yeti Hunter boots, or is it faux yeti?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Am I a genius for quickly being able to tell which character is which despite the different skins

why did you post a picture of five different men
vvvvvvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 13, 2016

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Fried Watermelon posted:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Getting wicked lovely fps after christmas update.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

IronicDongz posted:

if you don't like snowball mode you're dead inside

The snowball reload mechanic sucks rear end. It single handily ruins the mode for me. Especially with how the snow mounds disappear after someone grabs it. Am I loving doing a quest in WoW??

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no, the point is it makes you vulnerable

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in my day we had to pick up ALL our weapons and ammo from around the map except for a starting gun that was complete trash, and we never complained!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Thanks holiday free loot box

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

yas bitch

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Hawzy posted:

This guy Skyline makes a lot of really great overwatch strategy content, his Ana guide helped me a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGO_H4mrzXk

thanks looks like a nice channel, i never knew about jump sniping

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are you guys pranking me when you say this Mei mode is good/fun? I'm pretty sure you guys are pranking. Enough joking around guys.

I wish I got a lootbox from losing so I could end this hell already

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if you win your first snowball game it is fun and incredible

if you lose its a horrible drag of a mode

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The real christmas nightmare is losing one or more games of random heroes on xmas hanamura.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Goddamn, did they cheap out on Mei's skin. A purple palette swap masquerading at an orange price. Gimmick iceblocks are not legendary!

Baffling that D.Va got nothing but a victory pose, she's had no new textures outside of the Olympics nation skin. Zarya's super 3k emote is cute though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
snowball game mode is literally always fun

I have just gotten all 9 of my weekly arcade wins doing it

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

lmao one of Mei's voice lines in the snowball fight is "I'm going to put a rock in this one!"

Wow Mei.

Mei's voicelines for the snowball fight are some real Freddy Kreuger poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The staying as a team thing is AWESOME and I can't believe it took so long to be put into the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was having a good 3v3 match, my team was working well together, we were 2-0 and about to win... then the other team ragequit and it kicked us out of the match because it said there weren't enough players?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

snowball game mode is literally always fun

I have just gotten all 9 of my weekly arcade wins doing it

I played 6 games and didn't win 1.

Can't say I'm having much fun.

But hearing Mei say "Simple Geometry" was pretty good.