Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think it would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Frostyhawk posted:

Some of the the best noisy, aggressive music out there isn't even metal at all. I don't know if this counts as an unpopular opinion or not.

I love ya man, but I dunno if noisy/aggressive can be the "best" of anything.

Music like this only causes anger and anti-establishment attitudes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

:lol:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aramek posted:

they perform the doot doots and na nas that make you wanna break poo poo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm not exactly sure what genre my favorite bands err on, or what even constitutes pop/indie/alternative anymore, so I'll say I like my modern music moreso on the folk and pop side and my classical music on the aggressive side? I guess?

What is music? I just don't know.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Das Boo posted:

What is music? I just don't know.

come with me on a journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fqE01YYWs

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Bubbles from TPB is not even a little bit funny. For a less unpopular opinion, the Netflix seasons blow.

I don't agree with the first part but the "Swearnet" seasons are definitely the worst of the main show. The more recent one where they go to Europe make them look like fine art though. That was incredibly painful to get through. Also the extended puppet show live "movie".

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Mass Effect 3's ending was satisfying and made thematic sense as a way to end the trilogy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Noisy, aggressive music isn't as popular as it deserves thanks to the social stigma surrounding enjoying it. It isn't OK to assume that every person that enjoys the heaviest metal they can find is a drug-addled loser who wants to spend his life being unemployed and getting into fights

Right, they are terrible and insufferable to be around for completely different reasons.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If your choice in music actually annoys people around you, it's highly likely you have bad taste in music.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't agree with the first part but the "Swearnet" seasons are definitely the worst of the main show.

I love the Trailer Park Boys, but oh man did I ever enjoy reading the merciless reviews of Swearnet: The Movie. It's weird to me that the main takeaway the people involved in TPB got from its fandom was "people are showing up to listen to us cuss." Like, that is some fifth-grade level reasoning.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Christmas music made before like 1990 is cool and good and gets me in the spirit. Especially the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Breakfast Burrito posted:

Mass Effect 3's ending was satisfying and made thematic sense as a way to end the trilogy.

'Please buy the DLC' is not a satisfying exit line.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Breakfast Burrito posted:

Some people seem to have this confused with a "Post Your Biggest Lies" thread.

I guess in a weird way, all lies are unpopular opinions.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I didn't buy any dlc, but I don't remember being angry at ME3's ending. Maybe I just don't remember it much. What's the dlc change?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Mu Zeta posted:

Anime has a lot of potential but [...]

um mods?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Intoluene posted:

No, that kind of teasing just ends up with people retreating to where they're accepted and finding an internet hugbox as a more accepting community than their school peers. Teasing and bullying creates the "problem" you want to solve.

I don't like the brony community as much as anyone but who gives a poo poo what people like.

Yeah, it used to be the case that you could (not that I'm condoning it) make fun of the chubby kid in high school who watched too many cartoons and didn't bathe often and sometimes "inspire" him or her to snap out of it, but these days, you're totally correct.

Thanks to social media, you can build a little paradise where you only see and hear what you want, and can shut out any naysayers. Normally, your peers would be like "dude why are you carrying around taiko drum sticks at school" and after hearing it often enough you'd at the very least leave them at home, but now you can just delete those comments, block the critics, and be left with a hugbox of people going "aw gently caress the haters you're actually cool, I saw you practicing your katana skills in your front yard the other day and it was awesome."

Brave new world we're living in.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

Business owners should be able to refuse service to whoever they don't want to service.

I agree, if only because its really only the business thats losing by alienating major demographics or people

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

free basket of chips posted:

I agree, if only because its really only the business thats losing by alienating major demographics or people

I sort of doubt that, though. I think you'd find a profitable niche if you launched a "whites-only" restaurant or similar. That's why it has to be illegal.

Essentially the entire business plan of Waitrose is to charge more for exactly the same products to keep the poors out, and they're doing well.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

free basket of chips posted:

The bourgeoisie are not rational actors and will gladly lose a fortune out of spite.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Cotton posted:

The bourgeoisie are not rational actors and will gladly lose a fortune out of spite.

for the most part, nah.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Pick posted:

I sort of doubt that, though. I think you'd find a profitable niche if you launched a "whites-only" restaurant or similar. That's why it has to be illegal.

I can't imagine a whites only restaurant succeeding anywhere that isn't already pretty much whites-only just from demographics already. Put one in a major city and it would probably be a permanent protest site, constantly having to pay for damages and the people who went would have their identities smeared all over the internet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I can't imagine a whites only restaurant succeeding anywhere that isn't already pretty much whites-only just from demographics already. Put one in a major city and it would probably be a permanent protest site, constantly having to pay for damages and the people who went would have their identities smeared all over the internet.

I lived in the South for a while and I guarantee you, it would do fine. Lines got longer at Chik-fil-a after they announced they hated the gays, even if it were a cynical marketing move it would have been a profitable one.

Furthermore, it wouldn't be just one restaurant, is the point. If it were a profitable niche (it would be), others would move in, or do their own version--blacks only, Asians only, men only, etc.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

I lived in the South for a while and I guarantee you, it would do fine. Lines got longer at Chik-fil-a after they announced they hated the gays, even if it were a cynical marketing move it would have been a profitable one.

Bingo. Country clubs and whatnot would instantly go back to whites-only if they could as well, since they don't have to advertise it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol, sure. "by god those gay-hating racists would exclude everyone but the whiteys if they could!!!" i mean, im sure some of em would, what rear end Eater said is pretty much correct.

i'm a lil glad that Playtonic announced they're cancelling the wii u version of yooka-laylee, cause they're going to let the people who backed for the wii u version (like me) change their console tier. They also announced they're going to make a Switch version, so I'll just be moving it to that.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pick posted:

Essentially the entire business plan of Waitrose is to charge more for exactly the same products to keep the poors out, and they're doing well.

Poor people don't shop in overpriced expensive shops. What a conspiracy!

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
anti-discrimination laws doesn't infringe on anything that's worth protecting. the equal treatment of people despite race, gender, religion and sexuality is not a slippery slope.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I find "drag" and the celebrity behind drag personas to be incredibly irritating, but I have the issue wherein I feel this way and don't know the proper way to express it without coming off as someone who is homophobic or culturally insensitive... so I say nothing at all, and just sigh to myself whenever someone wishes aloud that they could be watching the Logo network right now.

I also think including the "Q" in LGBT feels pretentious as gently caress, and I get that nails-on-chalkboard sensation whenever I hear it used (in print, it's not so bad).

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drag is definitely irritating. It's why Disney made the villain in The Little Mermaid a drag queen.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Most of the big YouTubers are not very intelligent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A_Account posted:

Most of the big YouTubers are not very intelligent.

They know their audience, though. There's a whole science behind thumbnail selection and title creation and I bet most of them are really good at analyzing viewer data. I think they play dumb in their content but the ones making money from it are way smarter than they let on.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I view obnoxious YouTubers the same way I view all artists/creatives. More power to you if you can make it, it's a tough business out there, do what ya gotta do.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Obnoxious Youtubers act that way because their target audience are children. Just because Mr Rogers speaks slowly it doesn't make him a retard.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

They know their audience, though. There's a whole science behind thumbnail selection and title creation and I bet most of them are really good at analyzing viewer data. I think they play dumb in their content but the ones making money from it are way smarter than they let on.

I guess the big YouTubers were smarter than I thought. They hired PR people, learned how to make thumbnail after a few years and learned that a graph is negative when the line goes down.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
When i take one of my learning diss/schizophrenic clients shopping in House Of Fraser he always bumps into at least another 4 people he knows from the secure unit he was in. That place must make a good chunk of its overpriced percentages on the mentally unwell. Same £10 army jacket that I'm wearing for a hundred quid more because Tommy Hilfiger's name is on it? loving bargain apparently

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why don't you try John Lewis?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Plymouth doesn't have one (thankfully). We're probably too poor, there's not even a Waitrose.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mu Zeta posted:

Drag is definitely irritating. It's why Disney made the villain in The Little Mermaid a drag queen.

https://youtu.be/KFyo9b4_6iY

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WampaLord posted:

They know their audience, though. There's a whole science behind thumbnail selection and title creation and I bet most of them are really good at analyzing viewer data.

Stab all these people to death and get their dead gay thumbnails off the internet forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grandmother of Five posted:

anti-discrimination laws doesn't infringe on anything that's worth protecting. the equal treatment of people despite race, gender, religion and sexuality is not a slippery slope.

Agreed, and allowing business owners to discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, etc is a slippery slope. People say that those businesses would lose out because everyone would boycott them, and they'd be correct for the short term, but after a few generations it would reach a "critical mass" where widespread discrimination becomes acceptable again.