Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I can't spot people to save my life. I usually try to spot someone 2-3 times before giving up and just shooting them. It's far easier for me to get hitmarkers on people that it is to spot them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Firewatch is on sale for 11 dollars on PSN. Thinking of getting it. Is firewatch worth it for that price?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah. You'll play it once. Watch an LP

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I said come in! posted:

Speaking of, I wonder when Bungie is going to actually start talking about Destiny 2. Remember the original leaked documents outlining the 10 year life span of the Destiny franchise with a sequel every two years? That clearly is no longer valid because we would have had Destiny 2 by now, so I wonder what has changed and why Bungie decided to scrap their original plans.

Destiny 2 is coming next year. There are allegedly three studios working entirely on content for it: Bungie themselves, Vicarious Visions (who are the Skylanders group, who are now "further expanding" Destiny's universe because Toys-To-Life is dead), and a third group that hasn't been named yet. All they've really said regarding actual content to my knowledge is they want to go from yearly expansions to "a steady stream of content" throughout the year, which is probably why Activision now has three different studios making Destiny content like some kind of Call of Dutian space chimera. I thought they would have announced it at PSX but instead we got their weird Christmas event announcement instead so I guess look forward to some kind of E3 announcement into a Winter 2017 release date.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's so weird to me that Naughty Dog haven't really said when Survival hits. They just keep saying "this week". Today is their live stream, hopefully they will say so afterwards? I'm assuming it's NOT today. :\

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's tonight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Have they actually said that? Where? And by tonight do you/they mean "PS Store update time:" or actual "tonight" like "9pm Pacific for some unholy reason..."

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

lostleaf posted:

Firewatch is on sale for 11 dollars on PSN. Thinking of getting it. Is firewatch worth it for that price?

Yes. You'll play it once. Why watch an LP?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

lostleaf posted:

I buy a lot of games and this is one of those I regret buying. You got to be into walking sims.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's pretty much a walking simulator with a sort of interactive character study as its main gimmick. Very much not for everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's tomorrow.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the newest DLC for Destiny worth getting for someone that really loved Taken King? I'm trying to decide between that or getting the Division on PC.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr E posted:

Is the newest DLC for Destiny worth getting for someone that really loved Taken King? I'm trying to decide between that or getting the Division on PC.

Imagine Taken King but with a tenth of the content at two thirds the price.

I haven't played The Division but you may as well get that.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Have they stopped sending out the 20% codes? I'm a dollar short for DA:I and I don't want to buy a 10$ PSN card just for this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

On the other hand, Division is like the same content stretched out over what looks like the exact same map for the entire run of the game (plus a cool PvP thing). I just beat Division's campaign last night and that had to have been only slightly better than Destiny Year 1's ending.

I haven't done Division's Incursions yet but imo Destiny's Wrath of the Machine was almost worth the price of entry alone, that was a fun as gently caress raid. If you gotta play something new then go get Division I guess, but I wasn't really thrilled by it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Actually yeah just get Doom or Dishonored on PC instead of either of them.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The Division is for people who like repetitive, loot based games. It's a lot of fun with multiple people and there's quite a few goons who play it regularly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Re: titanfall 2, the people who don't see enemies in shadow, are you playing with a ps4 pro? I'm not seeing that issue as much but I've only played like 5 hours of multiplayer over the weekend on the pro.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
For all the rah rah of how awesome Sony is over Xbox, the handling of adding money to your account to purchase games with is atrocious. It claims the credit card information is not valid on both my debit card AND my Paypal account that is directly hooked to my bank account. Which is apparently a very common problem because of the weird card verification service they use. So, I've been having to buy digital codes off Amazon and enter them into the Redeem Prepaid Card section. Well, I just bought enough to cover my big purchase. But, when I went to put in the last prepaid code, then the redeeming service crashes and eats my $10 prepaid card. I'm $10 short on my order in my PSN wallet. So, now I've gotta contact Sony to get this stupid loving $10 into my account and I don't even have my PS4 in the mail yet.

On Xbox, I'd just hit "Pay" and then "Confirm" and be done with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

Re: titanfall 2, the people who don't see enemies in shadow, are you playing with a ps4 pro? I'm not seeing that issue as much but I've only played like 5 hours of multiplayer over the weekend on the pro.

Unless I'm crazy or confused I think that complained was about Battlefield 1?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

I have and love both of those and wanted a new lootgame since I'm tired of Diablo and Path of Exile is daunting. Thanks for the opinions, may just skip on lootgames for now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If you're having any sort of trouble at all seeing bad guys with giant glowing eyes and strips all over them in TF2 you should probably get checked for color blindness.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Feenix posted:

Original discussion was about tf2 then someone broke it off into a bf1 story about snipers.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

89 posted:

For all the rah rah of how awesome Sony is over Xbox, the handling of adding money to your account to purchase games with is atrocious. It claims the credit card information is not valid on both my debit card AND my Paypal account that is directly hooked to my bank account. Which is apparently a very common problem because of the weird card verification service they use. So, I've been having to buy digital codes off Amazon and enter them into the Redeem Prepaid Card section. Well, I just bought enough to cover my big purchase. But, when I went to put in the last prepaid code, then the redeeming service crashes and eats my $10 prepaid card. I'm $10 short on my order in my PSN wallet. So, now I've gotta contact Sony to get this stupid loving $10 into my account and I don't even have my PS4 in the mail yet.

Things Microsoft is doing better than Sony:
Online parties, especially with the ability to invite to games through the party interface
Backwards Compatibility
Ability to stream more than just Spotify while playing
Allowing you to own games simultaneously on Windows and the Xbone (debatable since it's not through Steam unfortunately)

Things Sony is doing better than Microsoft:
Everything else

Anywho, I heard that GG Revelator is not the last version of that game that is going to be released. How far off is the next version? Revelator for 20 is very tempting. I wouldn't want a quickly obsolete version of the game. I don't play fighting gamz, so this isn't urgent.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you don't play fgs then you won't care about obsolesence anyways.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

89 posted:

Last week I tried adding my card for like 40 minutes straight until I finally realized that it's Sony and not me/my bank.

Unfucking-believable that they allow this in 2016.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you're having any sort of trouble at all seeing bad guys with giant glowing eyes and strips all over them in TF2 you should probably get checked for color blindness.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Square is another company that's really loving bad at letting you give them money. You're a goddamn business your goal should be to make it as easy as possible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firewatch is totally worth 11 bucks. It's a fun little game. It's well written, pretty well paced overall a pretty good experience.

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010

Boogalo posted:

Square is another company that's really loving bad at letting you give them money. You're a goddamn business your goal should be to make it as easy as possible.

I realized this when I tried to resub/buy the PS4 version of Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn (played it on PS3 and PC). For the life of me I couldn't do it so I said gently caress it. Game is still probably a boring piece of poo poo anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aloofa posted:

I realized this when I tried to resub/buy the PS4 version of Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn (played it on PS3 and PC). For the life of me I couldn't do it so I said gently caress it. Game is still probably a boring piece of poo poo anyway.

It owns, actually

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe I've never played REmake before. It's really good! Lack of regular saving is making everything harrowing lol.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Firewatch is totally worth 11 bucks. It's a fun little game. It's well written, pretty well paced overall a pretty good experience.

they fix those performance issues with the console version? I remember hearing that it was pretty rough

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Feenix posted:

Have they actually said that? Where? And by tonight do you/they mean "PS Store update time:" or actual "tonight" like "9pm Pacific for some unholy reason..."

Arist posted:

It's tomorrow.

Oh, I guess the stream is tonight. My bad.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't believe I've never played REmake before. It's really good! Lack of regular saving is making everything harrowing lol.

it's the best game ever made, just nobody played it cause it was only on gamecube

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Soooo, thanks to the Holiday Sale + that 20% off coupon, I got....

The Last Guardian
Until Dawn
Firewatch
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
God of War III Remastered
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
Amplitude
Broforce
Earth Defense Force 4.1

For $165. Thennnn, I grabbed a $25 copy of Uncharted 4 off Gamefly.

This is what happens when you quit alcohol and get a new console. :shepspends:

drat system isn't even here yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

they fix those performance issues with the console version? I remember hearing that it was pretty rough

Got it launch day and the frame rate was all over the place. I heard they fixed it but I finished the game and will never play it again

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

You are not crazy.

I quoted this post:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Resogun is getting a pro patch - dev comfirmed it on twitter.

BF1 is getting a free map with some pro tweaks tomorrow too, I can't imagine that game looking any better. Its surprising depth has been pulling me away from Titanfall slowly. I'm feeling a little burned out on the latter after regenerating... it's the first time I've ever "prestiged" in anything.
Leading to the following exchange:

Snak posted:

I think it's partially my tv, but I can't see people at all unless they are standing in direct sunlight. They melt right into shadows.

Feenix posted:

It's kind of the color pallette of the game. Players do not stand out.

What are the alleged PRO tweaks?

Snak posted:

Yeah, and I'm okay with it when they are blending in with terrain at a distance, but when they are like 10 feet away and I'm just taking bullets from a pool of inky blackness on my screen, it's really annoying.

Like, one time, I saw motion in a doorway, but then I saw a blue icon in the shadow. Oh, it's a teammate, I thought. Then a stream of bullets came out of the shadow and killed me. Killcam revealed that an enemy and team-mate where sitting like, 4 feet from each-other and didn't see each-other.

Feenix posted:

At first I wondered if it was just me, but yeah if you just kind of watch people play, opponents run by each other ALL the time. Which is why I know it's not just me.
And then I said:

Snak posted:

Yeah, it can be really frustraiting when they do it in broad daylight.

Last night, I was mortaring a point to soften it up for our assault. It was going pretty well. I got shot. Not a big deal. I look up, and see the guy who shot me is standing about 15 feet in front of me. 3 feet from two of my team-mates, who are presumably scoped in and can't see him. Eventually, they all see each-other.

I also have to remember that the average player probably does not up their FOV. The default FOV is really bad and you easily don't see guys who standing 45 degrees to your right. I upped it by like 20 vertical, which made it like 90 degrees horizontal. So the average player can only see like, like like, a 60 degree wedge in front of them. Which explains a lot.

At no point was Titanfall 2 mentioned, except when UnfortunatSexFart said that BF1 was pulling him away from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm new so some more info on a 20% coupon would be cool.

I want God of War.

• Locked thread