Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

and unlimited RMT bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nice meltdowns.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Landsknecht posted:

i think there's a deep need in many players in gsf to see pl as some sort of illuminati-esque conspiracy in eve, instead of a bunch of nerds who just spout off dumb r/eve memes constantly

setting up a supercaphighway and pretending it's not a thing designed for their own use ain't exactly Majestic 12

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the care for cancer kids supercap building/crabbing yards in cobalt edge were pretty transparent too :laugh:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LemonDrizzle posted:

This doesn't make any sense at all - Eve players would turn up to destroy a defenceless 300b structure and poo poo on another player's plans with or without the smokescreen. making GBS threads on other players for your own amusement is kind of a major part of the game.

probably wouldn't have had everyone hurfing up a storm if people didn't know it was a pl keepstar

of course, it would have also helped them not to announce that whatever the PLSuperhighway calls itself would drop a keepstar there a month ago

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

probably wouldn't have had everyone hurfing up a storm if people didn't know it was a pl keepstar

of course, it would have also helped them not to announce that whatever the PLSuperhighway calls itself would drop a keepstar there a month ago

ok i get that this is the official narrative and such but there are good people who actually believe you now, you wanna chill a bit?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

the care for cancer kids supercap building/crabbing yards in cobalt edge were pretty transparent too :laugh:

supercapital construction is done in PL corps (in alliance), not our fault that sick kids enjoy heavy industry

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

sick kids enjoy heavy industry

:eyepop:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

supercapital construction is done in PL corps (in alliance), not our fault that sick kids enjoy heavy industry

i believe the cancer kids charity supercapital shipyards were russian rather than pl

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also iirc PL supercapital construction is actually done in Suas's alt alliance, which mysteriously still holds its tribute space so as not to interfere in suas selling supers to be used to kill co2

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:popeye:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

jesus christ

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

holy poo poo ordo garr

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

for all the sick kids out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o39etJFlW7k

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

:aaaaa:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

No- you're the idiots that posted for half a decade everywhere EVE related that you'd never lose Deklein.

:eyepop:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

cause he goes through phases of hard meltdown and phases of being normal?

That's Evilweasel, not Xolve, you're describing there.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 14, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
"Pandemic Legion is capable of coming up with and executing on a basic plan."

"Holy poo poo you guys believe some crazy conspiracy theories about PL!"

though by comparison with the rest of eve, that does pretty much make them the Eye in the Pyramid. Just imagine if world leaders IRL were as easy to fool as CO2!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

what no what was said was "make more friends than us and you can beat us" it just took 5 years for it to happen

now if you want to say "lol you guys spent months crowing about how this was just speeding up the timeline and lol made you grind structures" that's fair...to pin on some of the directors

This is pretty spot on. I've never seen us state "We can't lose" without adding the qualifier "Unless the other side smartens up".

Even when the group came at us with even numbers we generally won the overall fight due to superior co-ordination. It's only when the other groups figured out that whole N+1 thing that's literally been the only subject of every eve war for the last six years I've been playing that we finally lost.

The far more interesting story is how that N+1 was allowed to come about imo. It was a perfect storm of skill atrophy plus hubris plus great sums of isk poured liberally over anyone with or without a grudge. We could probably spend years dissecting each decision made over the last couple of years and pinpoint dozens of hotspots that implied poo poo was going to go bad. Some will say it was an isk thing and nothing but that, others that maybe viceroy was a bit too stupid/evil. I'm still not convinced that having notable personalities shift sides completely didn't feed into it greatly. To me this is the fun of eve. The spaceships are the side show.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

also iirc PL supercapital construction is actually done in Suas's alt alliance, which mysteriously still holds its tribute space so as not to interfere in suas selling supers to be used to kill co2

ever the opportunist that boy.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Rhymenoserous posted:

ever the opportunist that boy.

how has suas managed to swing between goon hero and goonfucker every few years for over a decade now?

the guy even gave goonfleet its start; renting out belts in S-U8A4

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Klyith posted:

"Pandemic Legion is capable of coming up with and executing on a basic plan."

"Holy poo poo you guys believe some crazy conspiracy theories about PL!"

though by comparison with the rest of eve, that does pretty much make them the Eye in the Pyramid. Just imagine if world leaders IRL were as easy to fool as CO2!

i dunno, when i look at xolveposting and ordoposting and unfunnyposterposting it does start sounding a little crazy

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

it doesn't top Weaselior or querns posting tho

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

how has suas managed to swing between goon hero and goonfucker every few years for over a decade now?

the guy even gave goonfleet its start; renting out belts in S-U8A4

Really you quoted the answer to that very question. But for the long form version...

I'm trying to frame my answer in a way that doesn't seem like I'm coming off as a bit dickish but I don't really know how that's possible.

I had a bad run in with Suas in 2012 when we were both squad leaders and a lot of his dudes were splitting his fleets to come join me instead "Because at least we're not shooting pos." and he had a meltdown at me and kicked me out of SV for giving him the reasons I was given "Some of your dudes would rather PVP than protect your private syndicate moon empire." which was all true by the way. Subsequent following of his actions and digging into poo poo like specops/titan thefts and renting goonfleet belts seems to always point to the same poo poo on a cyclical nature. Suas doesn't put out for long periods unless he's getting something in return. Trephination my co-squad leader at the time had the same loving attitude and it used to drive me absolutely batshit, fortunately I was in a position to cut his rear end off at the knees (Till I left).

In my view if you are a corp leader/alliance leader/squad leader/any kind of leader you shouldn't be viewing your membership as a group of people who can further your own personal financial goals. You should be the vehicle that takes them to theirs. I was loving destitute most of the time I spent in an admittedly entirely volunteer leadership role. Why? "You need a ship for tonights fleet? Got you covered. We need fuel? We'll rob my carrier. Need a logistics run? I'll run a chain to lowsec and help ship in ships."

And now his Sov is mysteriously untouched in tribute because he's building supers for the side that evicted his alliance? Unless he's deep cover GIA that makes him the biggest shitbird in the world, even if it was a complete utter sack of OTHER shitbirds that he was betraying.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

i dunno, when i look at xolveposting and ordoposting and unfunnyposterposting it does start sounding a little crazy

watching alpha males post must make your beta fingers feel inadequate

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Viva Miriya posted:

it doesn't top Weaselior or querns posting tho

nothing tops our posting, we're basically the michelangelo and leonardo of posting

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

slots are open for raphael and donatello

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

In my view if you are a corp leader/alliance leader/squad leader/any kind of leader you shouldn't be viewing your membership as a group of people who can further your own personal financial goals. You should be the vehicle that takes them to theirs. I was loving destitute most of the time I spent in an admittedly entirely volunteer leadership role. Why? "You need a ship for tonights fleet? Got you covered. We need fuel? We'll rob my carrier. Need a logistics run? I'll run a chain to lowsec and help ship in ships."

props for being an actually good leader in eve online btw

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

nothing tops our shitposting, we're basically the michelangelo and leonardo of posting

lol that you believe this

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

slots are open for raphael and donatello

I brood a lot and blame directors for my own failings. I'll take raphael.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

We could probably spend years dissecting each decision made over the last couple of years and pinpoint dozens of hotspots that implied poo poo was going to go bad.

I'd rather not spend years watching Evilweasel throw a 6 page tantrum every time somebody posts a criticism of GSF/GSF Leadership.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

nothing tops our posting, we're basically the michelangelo and leonardo of posting

you know, i'm not sure which one i'd rather be

this is a tough one

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

I think you care about PL's alliance ticker more than they do.

Saranen wasn't that long ago, this isn't really a card you can play without looking like a huge hypocrite.

How is it hypocritical? We've never been "lol gudfites o7o7o7 m8 for having the BALLS to use your supers" like a bunch of PL people.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I brood a lot and blame directors for my own failings. I'll take raphael.

You're more a Casey Jones.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

numismancer can be april

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

you know, i'm not sure which one i'd rather be

this is a tough one

Michelangelo moves the fastest but has the lowest range, you basically use Donatello or Michelangelo for the entire game

:shittydog:

PS: PL is basically that kid on the playground who always insisted "you didn't get me." The paintballer who gets nailed on the hand and tries to wipe it off and keep playing.

After all, why bother taking your lumps with a grin, learning, and resolving to win next time, when you can just deny everything and put another hotpocket in the microwave?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

You're more a Casey Jones.

Casey Jones was cool as poo poo, so that rules him out.

He can be Shredder. A whiny emo with love life problems who gets his rear end kicked by a rat.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ullerrm posted:

PS: PL is basically that kid on the playground who always insisted "you didn't get me." The paintballer who gets nailed on the hand and tries to wipe it off and keep playing.

After all, why bother taking your lumps with a grin, learning, and resolving to win next time, when you can just deny everything and put another hotpocket in the microwave?

l0l

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

that kid on the playground who always insisted "you didn't get me." The paintballer who gets nailed on the hand and tries to wipe it off and keep playing.

Ironically this also is an apt description for The Imperium over the past two years.

CainFortea posted:

Casey Jones was cool as poo poo, so that rules him out.

He can be Shredder. A whiny emo with love life problems who gets his rear end kicked by a rat.

LOL @ you still being bitter at Rhymnoserous because he voiced dissent about the precious GSF Leadership.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 14, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

is that the second or third time unfunny poster has pulled out "i know you are but what am i" in the past two pages

i don't really want to go look

• Locked thread