Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My A2 streak ended at 11 wins but as consolation, my pack quest gave me Will of the Forest, Jeanne D'Arc (who is already vials), animated Sorcery Cache, and various junk silvers. Heck yeah. And I'm at like 1400 away from A3 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Missions inspired me to make some more budget decks since random whatevers aren't cutting it in A rank anymore... and my budget dshift and dragon are actually winning? Glory be.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I didn't get why shadowcraft was supposed to be so good in take two, but then I drafted two Mordecais in a deck with lots of wards (including the 6 mana 5/5 guy). Not really fair.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It has shitloads of midrange value creatures in a format where running the other guy out of cards is a nearly guaranteed win, and every Shadow drafter except me gets Lord of the Flies.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

No...

no, nooooooooooooooo

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Why would you run 3 silverbolts in the first place? Even in my deck specifically made to win with silverbolt, it only runs 2 because it is such a dead draw you have 9 turns to get it in your hand.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Because I lose more by not drawing it with only 2 in the deck than I lose by drawing it early

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

No...

no, nooooooooooooooo

Related.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
That's reasonable, my silverbolt deck runs a bunch of draw cards like glimmering wings and wandering elf mage so I feel most of my games are decided by if I can do 11 damage by turn 9 and if I get to play turn 9 rather then if I draw into it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh god that feel, drawing all the support cards, all the amulets and Garudas at the bottom of the deck.

Despair

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

frajaq posted:

Oh god that feel, drawing all the support cards, all the amulets and Garudas at the bottom of the deck.

Despair

And Banner Sword is already one of the shittiest matchups for Storm Haven.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah... earlier my round 3 hand was like 3 dshifts, 2 destroyers, and a fire chain T_T By the time I drew anything to actually play it was too late

e: I just got... purgatory bloodcrafted?

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just ran into like control forest which was interesting. olivia, ancient forest dragon, all sorts of fun stuff. i died with him at 1 hp. on turn 3 i forgot to attack with liza before bouncing it with ancient elf. :downsgun:

i am forgiving myself because this was like my 3rd game with my newly (so close to) completed tempo forest deck and piloting it is just a bit more involved than my previous decks lol. so much fun though. i played against rune right after and basically all he could do was drop and glow scrap iron smelter 3 times and poo poo like insight due to liza bounces.

also its cool because i am 6 golds away from having a ptp deck to mess around with too. finally happy with my triple tia reroll.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Say, how does necromancy interact with PTP anyway? If you burn shadows on necromancy, are they gone for the purposes of PTP or does PTP simply check your discard pile?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

inthesto posted:

Say, how does necromancy interact with PTP anyway? If you burn shadows on necromancy, are they gone for the purposes of PTP or does PTP simply check your discard pile?

It's the same resource, so Necromancy will in fact tamper with PTP.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Well so much for trying to cram Deathly Tyrant and PTP in the same deck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sleaking of deathly tyrant went 4-1 with a nice shadowcraft deck when my first opponent was a masters shadowcraft player with the TOT flair who dropped mordecai on 8, midnight haunt and deathly tyrant on 9

He must be a sick genius

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Well it can still work since ptp doesn't consume shadows and you can just play tyrant as a finisher

A bunch of cards revealed today but the most interesting one I saw was from here
http://blog.livedoor.jp/shadowv/archives/10443013.html

A neutral gold follower, 4pp 3/3 that has a fanfare of drawing an amulet from your deck. Hello meme decks

Also the bloodcraft legendary has been revealed

7pp 5/4, has a fanfare of doing 2 damage to all enemy followers, and also whenever an enemy follower dies the enemy leader takes 1 damage

Alot of anti otohime/banner/2 health followers swarm this expansion

There is also a 5pp dragon amulet that buffs your own followers, spells and amulets' sources of damage by 1. A truly meme card, the discard dragon dream of dealing 20 damage to face in a single turn

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 13, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's a shame that New Blood Guy is probably 7 specifically so you can't combo him with Revelation. I still hope this set makes some kind of midrange blood deck a real thing.

Got bounced around on my quests today ending up only like 7 points higher than I started. Bought myself a consolation pack and walked away with a bunch of dust and a Lucifer. Not bad.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Other cards, with my own translations:

Pegasus Elf (Forest Silver)
5 cost, 4/4
Fanfare: Choose an enemy follower and set its defense to 1.
Evolve: Choose an enemy follower and deal 1 damage to it (only gets +1/1 from the evolve).

Silver Knight Emilia (Sword Gold)
4 cost 3/4
Fanare: Add a "Gelt, Vice Captain" to your hand. If the enemy board has 3 or more followers, that "Gelt, Vice Captain" costs 0.

Gazer (Rune Bronze)
5 cost 3/4
Spellboost: Cost -1

Dragonclaw Necklace (Dragon Bronze)
5 cost Amulet
All your followers, spells, and amulets deal +1 damage with any attacks or abilities.

Necroassassin (Shadow Silver)
4 cost 3/3
Fanfare: If there are any followers on your board other than this one, destroy 1 of your own followers other than this one, as well as a random enemy follower.

Frog Cleric (Haven Bronze)
2 cost 2/2
Enhance 4: Restore 3 defense to any ally.

For the record, the Blood Legendary is called something like "Bloodthirsty Empress" and the neutral that pulls an amulet is Uriel.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 13, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also this one from twitter:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/808620255551442944

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The medusa's gaze combo dream!! Put medusa and axe on a forest bat and you can kill anyone! 3 cards with total cost of 4 to get rid of one card is value right

right

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
The necroassassin is pretty good. It's not Siegfried level but the effect is very powerful.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
First deck I'm gunna try is Minion Rune. I want to believe in it.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
e: doublepost

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm mostly curious if Professor of Taboos is good enough to make midrange Earth Sigil good. Also gonna try out a combo dragon with that new amulet. Although considering it only buffs Imperial Dragoon by 1 damage, I don't think even a discard combo dragon deck would run that?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Dragonclaw Necklace (Dragon Bronze)
5 cost Amulet
All your followers, spells, and amulets deal +1 damage with any attacks or abilities.

Yeah, so you drop this on five, then 2 wildfang dragonewts plus altered fate on six. As long as you alter 5 cards that's lethal. DingDong Dragon Deck.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 14, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

Yeah, so you drop this on five, then 2 wildfang dragonewts plus altered fate on six. As long as you alter 5 cards that's lethal. DingDong Dragon Deck.

The problem is keeping 5 extra cards in your hand by turn 6 without dying. That's exactly 1 card you can play to defend yourself with, 2 if you go second. And playing Dragon Council on turn 4 will likely discard one of your 2 cost combo pieces (and possibly kill you).

Edit: So essentially you can only use cards that will also draw other cards.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 14, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

The problem is keeping 5 extra cards in your hand by turn 6 without dying. That's exactly 1 card you can play to defend yourself with, 2 if you go second. And playing Dragon Council on turn 4 will likely discard one of your 2 cost combo pieces (and possibly kill you).

Edit: So essentially you can only use cards that will also draw other cards.

thus the DingDongDragon

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

thus the DingDongDragon

This... probably isn't practical, but if you don't run any other two drops you can use Goblin Mages to draw your combo pieces for you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

This... probably isn't practical, but if you don't run any other two drops you can use Goblin Mages to draw your combo pieces for you.

Goblin mages, carrot khaiza, urds (to kill her and dingdongs), dracomancer rites, some 1pp fodder for the counsel.

Plus all the other disco-dragon crap.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 14, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Now that I've managed to open 2 of those I have to ask, what's the best faction to run a deck around it? I know it's probably gonna be gimmicky as gently caress but I'm still curious

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dragon to ramp him out early

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i also saw a cool haven meme deck with him and tons of 4hp+ minions with that ward amulet

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah dragon and haven are the best for playing satan. Dragon can ramp and lower its mana cost to play it super early and can also phoenix if you want to really meme, and haven has alot of wards and can time sacred plea to pop after you summon satan

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 14, 2016

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Jesus, is it possible to win a match without your opponent DCing right before you kill them?

Also, I just started playing and am 3 golds and a few silvers away from a top-tier Elana Seraph deck. What should I be spending my gold on, or should I be saving some for the new set?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ZiegeDame posted:

Jesus, is it possible to win a match without your opponent DCing right before you kill them?

Also, I just started playing and am 3 golds and a few silvers away from a top-tier Elana Seraph deck. What should I be spending my gold on, or should I be saving some for the new set?

Elana is a good way to get wins and it's a good cheap-ish deck so spend half the gold you earn on it and save the rest.

And people love disconnecting in this game because, apparently, there is like a slight chance it'll prevent your loss (seems like BS to me but I bet lots of people do it for that reason). That and being huge babies.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think most of the time they just like to dc because it makes you sit there for a minute to get your win. they are giant babies.

i dont see it super often though tbh.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You gotta be loving kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That feeling when you get hit for exactly lethal with Seraph Lapis on board, while two turns prior you used healing prayer at 18.

• Locked thread