Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

ZiegeDame posted:

That feeling when you get hit for exactly lethal with Seraph Lapis on board, while two turns prior you used healing prayer at 18.

Even better when it's from a Roach combo on an empty board! :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
What kind of monster rage DCs in an unranked match? Just because Satan beats Purgatory is no reason to be a dick.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Well if it's any conciliation they're supposedly finally doing something about dc quits after months of letting it go uncheck and spread through most of the playerbase: https://shadowverse.com/news/information/news-0044

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Two new cards on twitter:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/808904888205869057
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/808907156158382081

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You know the cliche jokes about the surest way to kill your sex life being getting married?

It feels like the surest way to never see one of your craft's premier draft picks again is to go 5-0 with them. I've got a single Floral in the past like ... 4 sword drafts? It's at the point that I'd think their drop rate was nerfed but I'm still seeing loads of them on the other side. (See also Beastcalls, Baldies)

Unrelated: It feels awesome to curbstomp someone in their promos.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 14, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm convinced wardrobe raider's drop rate is bugged. Never seen anyone use it in arena but I've seen and drafted plenty of florals, dragon warriors, and cudges
ls.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Rhinoceroach is one ridiculous card. I ended up making some almost complete tempo forest deck and was excited to use cynthias and tias and all that good stuff but like all of my wins are just from early pressure and some ridiculous turn 7 roach combo

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Feels good getting the OTK against a Dshift that had perfect turns aside from using summon iceform turns 4 and 5, which was long enough to get my board back up. I was worried about wind blast but he used two already.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Been re-rolling for the last hour or so. Tons of single to two legendaries. Finally got what might be a good pull?
Bloody Mary, Enstatued Seraph, Pluto, Mythril Golem, Dark Angel Olivia and Dark Angel Olivia Animated.
I'd like to do Bloodcraft and Forestcraft. Would this be alright or keep trying to reroll?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'd say try to reroll for Crystalia Tia's and Ancient elves/Cynthia. That doesn't look terrible but if you want forest craft none of that will help aside from the Olivia's.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

normally i would say no but animated olivia.... (still no but it would hurt me to reroll that)

you can do aggro blood with no legendaries at all (and just like 5 golds)

forest is one of the most expensive if you want to do it right. you need 3 ancient elves, probably a couple tias and then a bunch of golds on top depending on what you are building. if you seriously want to play forest i would reroll until you get at least a couple elves/tias

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'll backup this save then and keep re-rolling. Got nothing better to do on a sick day.

Only seen one Crystalia Tia, animated no less, on a pull where it was the only legendary. Seems like expansion packs drop legendary more frequently.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 15, 2016

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Sorry for the double post, would 2 Ancient Elves (One animated), Tsubaki, Skullfane (Animated), Lucifer and Lord of Flies trump my prior pull? I could create a Crystalia Tia by liquifying Skullfane, Lucifer and Lord of Flies. That leads gives me three of my primary cards off the bat.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Two Ancient Elves is already really strong, and Skullfane is a very safe liquefy. Tsubaki and Lord of the Flies are also both amazing legendaries. I'd definitely keep it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah thats pretty good. keep lucifer imo.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That's a pretty nice start for forest, and as someone who has 2 tia and 1 ancient elf, I can confirm that your opponent will hate you when you activate tia almost every turn til they're dead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

That's a pretty nice start for forest, and as someone who has 2 tia and 1 ancient elf, I can confirm that your opponent will hate you when you activate tia almost every turn til they're dead.

I forgive them for that, because if they didn't then I'd be activating Forte every turn until they're dead. Fair's fair.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612150007/

New cards and I'm going to crib reddit's translation since it's fine

quote:

[Neutral] Celestial Bow Angel Liriel. 2pp 2/2 Silver Evolve : Deal 1 damage to an enemy character.

[Forestcraft] Prince of the Elves. Leonel. 5 pp 2/2 Silver Set the cost of a forestcraft costing 4 or less in your hand to 0

[Swordcraft] Whirlwind blade 5pp Silver Select a follower. Select a follower. Deal damage to all other followers equal to that follower's attack".)

[Runecraft] Erasmus Arcana 3pp Gold Deal 5 damage to a random enemy follower. Enhance 9.. Do not deal damage. Summon An Erasmus the Arch Summoner

[Dragoncraft] Dragon Tamer. 2pp 2/2 Bronze If in Overflow. Give a follower +1/+1

[Shadowcraft] Immolate warrior Camra 7pp 4/5 Silver

Ward. Last Word: Destroy an enemy follower with the highest attack (random if tied). Restore defense to your leader equal to that follower's attack.

[Bloodcraft] Spear of the rain 5pp 4/5 Silver If in Vengenance. Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower Evolve: 5/6. Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower

[Havencraft] Rhino Warrior Reno 2pp 2/2 Clash: Deal 1 damage to the enemy leader. Evolve: Deal 1 damage to the enemy leader.

Rune gets a 3pp 5 damage oh boy the inflation. Also it is SUCH a good arena card. The more interesting card is the shadow card. Would it be good in a control deck? Would it be good in a nep deck?

The thing is ultimately it doesn't really do anything vs ptp/dshift and once again, putting a 7pp would mean giving up one of the 2/3/4 cost tier for a nep deck

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 15, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh poo poo hot off the press another set of cards
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1034807.html

I'll translate this since it was just posted

Neutral silver 5pp 4/5, evolved 5/6 add a 0 cost 2/2 mini goblin mage to your hand

Forest bronze 1pp 1/1 +1/1 if you already played two or more cards this turn

Sword silver 5 4/4 fanfare summon a 1/1 officer, evolved 5/5 do damage to an enemy follower equal to # of followers you have on the board

Rune legendary Dimensional Witch Dorothy
9pp 5/5
Fanfare:Banish your hand, draw 5 cards and spellboost them 5 times.
Spellboost: -1 cost

Dragon bronze 2pp 2/1 If this card is discarded from your hand then play it on the board

Shadow gold 2pp 1/1 Fanfare:Have Ambush until the end of the enemy player's turn
Gain +1/1 when an allied follower dies

Blood bronze 3pp 2/2 Bane, Fanfare: If in Vengeance summon this follower again

Haven silver 3pp 4 countdown, at the end of your turn heal your leader and all of your followers 1hp

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 15, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

So far the theme of this expansion is that sword continues to get alot of good solid cards of all rarities, dragon basically gets a bunch of meme cards that will tank the class as a whole in arena, and shadow gets a bunch of last words. That erasmus card is so loving good for arena and that legendary can pretty much go in any rune constructed or arena deck from here onto to the end of time. The only standout forest card remains their legendary that will make silverbolt/rose queen decks better.

I haven't been paiding attention to what blood and haven are getting

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
So I'm new at this game and just looked at a bunch of netdecks and stuff because I'm still bad. Is this a decent looking deck?

Not that happy with how the banneret has performed so far though, but not sure what else to put in for him either.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Boksi posted:

So I'm new at this game and just looked at a bunch of netdecks and stuff because I'm still bad. Is this a decent looking deck?

Not that happy with how the banneret has performed so far though, but not sure what else to put in for him either.

Ditch banneret and kunoichi in favor of Veteran Lancer and Vanguard.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

inthesto posted:

Ditch banneret and kunoichi in favor of Veteran Lancer and Vanguard.

Sounds good to me, those feel like my least-performing cards so far. Should I go for two lancers and two vanguards?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

So far the theme of this expansion is that sword continues to get alot of good solid cards of all rarities, dragon basically gets a bunch of meme cards that will tank the class as a whole in arena, and shadow gets a bunch of last words. That erasmus card is so loving good for arena and that legendary can pretty much go in any rune constructed or arena deck from here onto to the end of time. The only standout forest card remains their legendary that will make silverbolt/rose queen decks better.

I haven't been paiding attention to what blood and haven are getting

Only exciting Haven card I remember seeing was the other bunny girl who, if evolved, would be a 3 for 1 to bring down in creature combat.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I unpacked two Dragonewt Charlotte thinking, "hey I could finally make a decent dragoncraft deck" but for whatever reason it's a swordcraft card. Is it because she kind of looks like a maid?

Speaking of which, new expansion and there's no new maid cards. :(

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I run a Charlotte in mid sword because if you're still going at turn 9 you probably just need that one card to win/stay in the game, and being a ward with Storm, she can fill in for it. (Also because I'm not crafting a goddamn Tsubaki)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Boksi posted:

Sounds good to me, those feel like my least-performing cards so far. Should I go for two lancers and two vanguards?

Actually, I just realized you only have 2 maid leaders. Stuff the third one in there, and then put in those vanguards. I would say veteran lancer is a stronger card than Seria, but lancer is the lowest priority 2 drop in a banner deck anyway.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I unpacked two Dragonewt Charlotte thinking, "hey I could finally make a decent dragoncraft deck" but for whatever reason it's a swordcraft card. Is it because she kind of looks like a maid?

Speaking of which, new expansion and there's no new maid cards. :(

Charlotte is crap anyways, so no big loss

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Yeah I don't dare put anymore cards in a sword deck that costs more than 6. With Aurelia, Tsubaki, Otohime, Sage Commander, Frontguard, Alwida's, I'm good.

I've cut down only carrying 2x of those cards in favor of filling out 3 and 4 drops since my mulligans are abysmal otherwise. If I don't get any board pressure against Rune, Haven or Forest in the early game I instantly lose.

For banner, you should fit angelic barrage. I think all sword decks should run at least one. Forest and Blood love to flood the board with 1/1s and it gets out of control if you can't clear them all at once. You probably don't need the maid gunners; save the evolves for Floral Fencer if possible.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/809268530633842688

The more I think about it the more I think Dorothy (Daria in the official english translation) is the best card revealed so far in the expansion. It's a card that allows a class to build types of deck it couldn't before. The dream perfect aggro rune start involves having two emmy, the two new cards craig and clarke, and daria out on your board by turn 5

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 15, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The more I think about it the more I think Dorothy (Daria in the official english translation) is the best card revealed so far in the expansion. It's a card that allows a class to build types of deck it couldn't before. The dream perfect aggro rune start involves having two emmy, the two new cards craig and clarke, and daria out on your board by turn 5

I don't think this is a cards that "allows" for the deck to exist. I mean, it's not Dimension Shift or Elana's Prayer. As you've noted they've been adding follower spellboost synergies left and right this expansion, and I think even without this card people would've experimented with that. Possibly this is the card that makes that deck good though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh yeah, and for the record there are a few other cards announced on twitter that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread (possibly because they didn't come from Japanese sources).

Goblinbreaker Teena 4 cost 4/3 Neutral
Evolve: Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower, or 4 if it's Neutral.

Forest Gigas 7 cost 1/7 Forest
Ward
Fanfare: Gain +X attack, where X equals the number of cards in your hand.

Blitz Lancer 3 cost 3/2 Sword
Rush

Damus, Oracle of Inquity
3 cost 3/2 Haven
Whenever an enemy follower attacks, destroy that follower at the end of the opponent's turn.

Feathered Patroller 3 cost 3/2 Shadow
Ward
Necromancy(4): Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower.

Owl Guardian 6 cost 4/6 Dragon
Ward
Evolve: Randomly discard one of the lowest cost cards in your hand and deal 5 damage to an enemy follower.

Moriana the Bejeweled 4 cost 3/3 Blood
Vengeance: Recover 1 evolve point.

Piercing Rune 4 cost spell Rune
Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower, and then 2 to the enemy leader. Cost changes to 1 when an allied follower evolves.

None of them are especially interesting, except maybe Damus. Although he's basically a "trade into me or else, aggro!" in the same sense as Unicorn Dancer.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 15, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I've been thinking about this card for the past hour and I think its good enough to run in Dshift anyway. Not sure what exactly you cut for it, but the effect is so powerful that I think its worth the occasional dead draw.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Golden Battler posted:

I've been thinking about this card for the past hour and I think its good enough to run in Dshift anyway. Not sure what exactly you cut for it, but the effect is so powerful that I think its worth the occasional dead draw.

Yeah the effect is good enough I think it would make up for it just in the times it'd save your rear end

also re: banner talk I've been experimenting with Gunner Maids in my deck and having good results so far. It's true you'd rather evolve your floral fencers if you draw them but it's a decent 2 drop soft ward that turns into a deadly 6+/5 if your opponent ignores it. If you end up playing the banner on turn 6+ you can play them together & it can take out something fairly large too.

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 15, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Clarste posted:

Oh yeah, and for the record there are a few other cards announced on twitter that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread (possibly because they didn't come from Japanese sources).

Goblinbreaker Teena 4 cost 4/3 Neutral
Evolve: Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower, or 4 if it's Neutral.

Forest Gigas 7 cost 1/7 Forest
Ward
Fanfare: Gain +X attack, where X equals the number of cards in your hand.

Blitz Lancer 3 cost 3/2 Sword
Rush

Damus, Oracle of Inquity
3 cost 3/2 Haven
Whenever an enemy follower attacks, destroy that follower at the end of the opponent's turn.

Feathered Patroller 3 cost 3/2 Shadow
Ward
Necromancy(4): Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower.

Owl Guardian 6 cost 4/6 Dragon
Ward
Evolve: Randomly discard one of the lowest cost cards in your hand and deal 5 damage to an enemy follower.

Moriana the Bejeweled 4 cost 3/3 Blood
Vengeance: Recover 1 evolve point.

Piercing Rune 4 cost spell Rune
Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower, and then 2 to the enemy leader. Cost changes to 1 when an allied follower evolves.

None of them are especially interesting, except maybe Damus. Although he's basically a "trade into me or else, aggro!" in the same sense as Unicorn Dancer.

Piercing rune could go in dshift as a 1 or 2 of. If you can get the cost reduction, it's very strong vs aggro. The 2 damage to face also makes it easier to set up lethal with just one dshift.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I suppose Moriana is also interesting, in that they're making cards other than Olivia that restore evolve points. That said, I still feel like Vengeance needs to worth a lot more than that to make up for being that close to death. Although at least evolve points are inherently aggressive enough to maybe keep you alive or win the game. Maybe.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The only standout forest card remains their legendary that will make silverbolt/rose queen decks better.

Maahes is an insane card, and I expect to see it played in any Midrange style Forest.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
So I'm in a position to build a tiered deck list after some crazy luck rerolling - maybe the best luck I've had in a game period, followed by some insane pack pulls in my first dozen free ones

I'm heavily leaning towards midrange forestcraft, but mostly for playstyle. My only concern is that I'll purchase it and it'll be invalidated with the new set.

Should I be more confident ? :)

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Rushi posted:

So I'm in a position to build a tiered deck list after some crazy luck rerolling - maybe the best luck I've had in a game period, followed by some insane pack pulls in my first dozen free ones

I'm heavily leaning towards midrange forestcraft, but mostly for playstyle. My only concern is that I'll purchase it and it'll be invalidated with the new set.

Should I be more confident ? :)

You can't really go wrong crafting a couple tias or ancient elves. They'll still be in every forest deck if you really wanna play it.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Oh alright :) I was going to get a playset of each of those. If they work in other versions of forest that's perfect.

I prefer midrange but wouldn't be too upset if a little down the road I had to change to combo/control. Just want to avoid having to jump ship entirely and lose all this precious value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Every Forest deck runs a core of a ton of the same cards so if you switch to something you'll definitely still be running Ancient Elf and stuff. If you want to hedge against changes and stuff maybe stick with 2 Tias since not every deck runs 3 of that anyway.

• Locked thread