Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

But no, it was all Russia.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I want it to be because Hillary is an establishment shill, and so that's the real reason why she lost.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hey exmarx a suburb near me just adopted this flag

I think the colors are too bright but could be worse

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Suburbs have flags? Do they enforce borders?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My suburb couldn't even agree on whether dogs should be allowed leashless in the park. I think if someone tried to float a flag design some section would rally behind a different flag and eventually things would spiral into a little civil war.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
My neighborhood is in a civil war right now because basically flags. It's gang tags and shootings but same thing really.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
In my neighborhood gang tags and especially gangs are forbidden by the homeowners association. Maybe you should have thought of that.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I am kind of scared of the Junior League gang, I suppose.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

In my gated community gang affiliations are codified by the number of family member stickers on the rear windows of our crossovers. Dog and cat stickers count. If you see a 2 adults 3 kids 1 dog slow rolling near the gates in Heritage Harbor, run.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

In my gated community gang affiliations are codified by the number of family member stickers on the rear windows of our crossovers. Dog and cat stickers count. If you see a 2 adults 3 kids 1 dog slow rolling near the gates in Heritage Harbor, run.

how would you see the stickers on the rear window of a car that's coming towards you

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pangstrom posted:

I am kind of scared of the Junior League gang, I suppose.

q: why does the junior league frown upon group sex?

a: too many thank-you notes to write afterward

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What if it's just a bunch of adult stick figures on the back of the car.

What if it's just seven dads

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

please don't kinkshame

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cease to Hope posted:

how would you see the stickers on the rear window of a car that's coming towards you

you need to master oblique angles to survive, come at 'em sideways and all that

if it's coming straight at you you have about as good a chance as a baby seal fleeing a great white shark

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

you need to master oblique angles to survive, come at 'em sideways and all that

if it's coming straight at you you have about as good a chance as a baby seal fleeing a great white shark
nah, just hit them square into the lower front armour plate to ignite the transmission

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Muppets On PCP posted:

q: why does the junior league frown upon group sex?

a: too many thank-you notes to write afterward
a2: it does not cost pangstrom or his wife anything and is semi-interesting

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Would be pretty surprised if this was never pitched as a Wayans Brothers sitcom

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's a Tim and Eric skit.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Shame on them for ripping off the probably-IP of the Wayans Brothers if you ask me.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Im just holding out for the lesbian coven movie

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Im just holding out for the lesbian coven movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161461/

Also

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 14, 2016

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Woman has baby using ovary frozen as a child - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38312995

Finally a feel good news story

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Volkerball posted:

They still keep his coffin out in the open. It's weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x1xAzPHkeM

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Jerry Cotton posted:

When I was serving in '97 we got Viva and this was on all the time but also Das Bo's seminal hit Türlich, Türlich.

Let me tell you about Deichkind.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
elon musk

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

Hey exmarx a suburb near me just adopted this flag

I think the colors are too bright but could be worse

i don't like blue-green-white combinations on flags, but it's pretty nice yeah

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

merry exmarx posted:

i don't like blue-green-white combinations on flags, but it's pretty nice yeah

Ours is just the seal on a white field :(

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
these loving freaks

quote:

Michigan operatives relay stories like one about an older woman in Flint who showed up at a Clinton campaign office, asking for a lawn sign and offering to canvass, being told these were not “scientifically†significant ways of increasing the vote, and leaving, never to return. A crew of building trade workers showed up at another office looking to canvass, but, confused after being told there was no literature to hand out like in most campaigns, also left and never looked back.

[...]

Most importantly, multiple operatives said, the Clinton campaign dismissed what’s known as in-person “persuasion†— no one was knocking on doors trying to drum up support for the Democratic nominee, which also meant no one was hearing directly from voters aside from voters they’d already assumed were likely Clinton voters, no one tracking how feelings about the race and the candidates were evolving. This left no information to check the polling models against — which might have, for example, showed the campaign that some of the white male union members they had expected to be likely Clinton voters actually veering toward Trump — and no early warning system that the race was turning against them in ways that their daily tracking polls weren’t picking up.

[...]

Brooklyn’s theory from the start was that 2016 was going to be a purely base turnout election. Efforts were focused on voter registration and then, in the final weeks, turning out voters identified as Clinton’s, without confirmation that they were.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Somewhere in the England somebody is hell-bent on to out-American the actual Americans.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
On the morning of Election Day, internal Clinton campaign numbers had her winning Michigan by 5 points. By 1 p.m., an aide on the ground called headquarters; the voter turnout tracking system they’d built themselves in defiance of orders — Brooklyn had told operatives in the state they didn’t care about those numbers, and specifically told them not to use any resources to get them — showed urban precincts down 25 percent. Maybe they should get worried, the Michigan operatives said.

Nope, they were told. She was going to win by 5. All Brooklyn’s data said so.

In at least one of the war rooms in New York, they’d already started celebratory drinking by the afternoon, according to a person there. Elsewhere, calls quietly went out that day to tell key people to get ready to be asked about joining transition teams.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

India is not england

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If the book isn't entitled " How to lose a election" then I will be disappointed because it seems she lost just because of sheer arrogance and egoism which is strange considerin who she was running against.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

If the book isn't entitled " How to lose a election" then I will be disappointed because it seems she lost just because of sheer arrogance and egoism which is strange considerin who she was running against.

She lost because she was bought and paid for running against a guy who presented himself as too rich to be bought and paid for.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my job is a hell cube

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I do not know why you are being punished avs, perhaps a messiah must suffer

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
have you considered adding a fifth wall to your cube between two of the sides to make it a hell pentagon

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rodatose posted:

have you considered adding a fifth wall to your cube between two of the sides to make it a hell pentagon

cubes already have six sides

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i had a dream about being in the twin towers on like the 290th floor but i was the one guy who had a parachute that i kept under my desk just in case. so when all the cnn cameras and stuff were filming people jumping, talking about how horrible everything was, and looking at the smoke pouring out of the windows, a guy with a parachute popped into the picture, and on the top of his chute it said "later rubblelords." then afterwards all the national news people wanted to talk to me about how to survive things and be a badass at life, and i went on their shows to give horrible life advice, all of which is prefaced with "if you don't want to die in a smoldering heap of mangled metal and flesh," that scarred millions of children forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Cease to Hope posted:

cubes already have six sides

six sides but four walls

• Locked thread