Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ZuljinRaynor posted:

if Zeta and ZZ are in a game, how do they usually handle Emma/Fa and Elle/Roux etc. with regards to Zeta, Mk II, Hyaku Shiki? Do they throw in more grunt suits for you to use?
Assorted trains of thought because it's been a long time.

Zeta is almost always delegated to Kamille's unit once the Mk II phrase is over - he's not locked to it but the game is almost always designed under the impression that if someone's gonna be in it, it's him.

Alpha and Alpha Gaiden just dumped a whole bunch of the ZZ characters into your laps unassigned at some point of time and given how terrible the boys + Elle are, you'll usually just kinda forget they ever existed. For some strange reason, while the Super Gundam is usually assigned to the canon Emma/Katz duo, I think there are parts in Alpha Gaiden where it's a Roux / Four combo.

Alpha 2 and 3 gave you a Mega Rider for Mondo though it's a free switchable and I think MX has it too. If I'm not wrong, Beecha gets the HS because no Quattro OR Char.

A and AP has an extremely strange choice - only Judau, Puru + 2 and Roux shows up, and most of them have their standard rides, so the only one left is Roux and she gets... a Zakrello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Davzz posted:

A and AP has an extremely strange choice - only Judau, Puru + 2 and Roux shows up, and most of them have their standard rides, so the only one left is Roux and she gets... a Zakrello.
I always liked Roux. She can handle the Zakrello.

By the way, is that thing in G Gen Genesis?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I always think Elle and Roux deserve main character stats, seeing the stuff they pull off in the series.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

I always liked Roux. She can handle the Zakrello.

By the way, is that thing in G Gen Genesis?

Everything is in G Gen Genesis. But I can confirm the Zakrello definitely is as I was using it for a while. It kind of fell out of use when I got a bunch of non-space stages in a row (G Gen is a lot stricter about environments than SRW and the Zakrello, like some other units, simply can't be used except in space).

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 12, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Weirdly: Is the Super Gundam in G Gen Gen? I didn't use the Gundam Mk.II much but the G-Defensor always started off disconnected, even in the last Zeta stage.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

Weirdly: Is the Super Gundam in G Gen Gen? I didn't use the Gundam Mk.II much but the G-Defensor always started off disconnected, even in the last Zeta stage.

I have used the Guncannon Detector, the Nouvelle GM III (which I think is from Sentinel, a series I don't recall seeing otherwise in Genesis), a Zaku II with thrusters instead of legs and eight landing feet, and some kind of giant Zeonic hovertank with a Zaku face. There are (at least) three distinct Balls.

I haven't personally seen the Super Gundam, but I would be very surprised if it did not exist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Prism posted:

I have used the Guncannon Detector, the Nouvelle GM III (which I think is from Sentinel, a series I don't recall seeing otherwise in Genesis), a Zaku II with thrusters instead of legs and eight landing feet, and some kind of giant Zeonic hovertank with a Zaku face. There are (at least) three distinct Balls.

I haven't personally seen the Super Gundam, but I would be very surprised if it did not exist.

I would too which is why I think it is weird I don't remember seeing it ever.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

I know it's in earlier G Generations games, at that. Unfortunately I have no idea how I'd go about developing it (and I'm hardly anywhere near complete on my mechs database) but if I come across it I'll mention it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
GGG on PS4 also has blocked remote play like Gundam Breaker 3 did? That is so lame. They really want you to buy the Vita versions (even though I want to do PC remote play).

KoB
May 1, 2009
GGGG blocks all recording/sharing as soon as it launches.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

The AEUG Mk II turns into the Super Gundam as its highest level evolution and the Super Gundam turns into the Defensor as its lowest level evolution I believe. It's good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

The AEUG Mk II turns into the Super Gundam as its highest level evolution and the Super Gundam turns into the Defensor as its lowest level evolution I believe. It's good.

Oh good, so it's just a weird thing where they kept it separated for the last Zeta stage. Makes sense.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Is there a list somewhere that maps out who is the voice actor per custom character voice (for GGG)? Just curious as to who is there.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Brunom1 posted:

Blah, I give up - checked dozens of pages already and found zip about it.

If its not important enough to warrant folks figuring out how it's spelled fourteen years after the series ended, then I needn't care that much! :v:

I know you've dropped this by now, but I asked around and just got confirmation from an actual Indonesian that the katakana looks nothing remotely Indonesian to her. You know, just to make you feel better. :v:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hokuto posted:

I know you've dropped this by now, but I asked around and just got confirmation from an actual Indonesian that the katakana looks nothing remotely Indonesian to her. You know, just to make you feel better. :v:

Heh, good to know.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Is there a list somewhere that maps out who is the voice actor per custom character voice (for GGG)? Just curious as to who is there.

http://pastebin.com/bMg1q7Q3 I believe they're listed by column, so the first 6 is the furthest left, second is middle and third is right, but I'm not 100% on that.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

EthanSteele posted:

http://pastebin.com/bMg1q7Q3 I believe they're listed by column, so the first 6 is the furthest left, second is middle and third is right, but I'm not 100% on that.

Excellent, thank you!

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
If you missed the most recent stream, here's what it revealed on the gameplay elements for SRW V

1) Map is now Isometric like Alpha 2 / 3 / Z1 again instead of "Heads on 2D planes"

2) The "Team set-up" command is missing in the Intermission menu, replaced by a "Factory" button which might be V's equivalent of the Bazaar, but the Battle Confirmation UI seems to still imply Pairs because of a suspicious big block of empty spaces at the bottom. You decide.

3) New EX Command but they didn't show it off (a renamed Tag Tension?)

4) New C weapon property - not Combo but Counter. Weapons with the C property basically acts like a 100% Counter Rate.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe I was the only one who preferred the 2D style of map.

So you can get 100% chance to counter but the tradeoff is they are fairly weak weapons, eh? Also I wonder if they will get automatically selected or not?

edit:

Is that really officially called the Crossbone Gundam X1 Kai Kai?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 13, 2016

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

So you can get 100% chance to counter but the tradeoff is they are fairly weak weapons, eh? Also I wonder if they will get automatically selected or not?

Vangray's C weapon is a weak one, but I'm sure there will probably be a handful of units with strong C weapons as a gimmick.

The video shows that the automatically selected weapon is still the highest damage one and has to be changed specifically.

(Can't wait for the English version to inevitably butcher the Kanji word salads)

Oh and there's a mirror up now so I guess nobody is going to miss it after up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaMiZ557K4

Additional Observations:
- Spirit Commands can now be cast on Enemy Phrase (hello, NEO)

- Supposedly Ryoma displays 29 SP during Intermission but has significantly more during the actual stage itself - either there's some oddity with SP values or the Intermission -> Mission aren't connected for this video.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Did anyone download the video from Youtube before it got locked?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
In GGG, should I wait to unlock later versions of characters before purchasing them? Like Char/Amuro/Bright, do they have different stats in the other shows? I'm working on staffing a ship with a dream team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

In GGG, should I wait to unlock later versions of characters before purchasing them? Like Char/Amuro/Bright, do they have different stats in the other shows? I'm working on staffing a ship with a dream team.

Different versions of the characters do have different stats and skills. You can double up though so you can have ZZ-era Mineva Zabi and Unicorn Mineva Zabi on the same ship if you want.

Generally older versions of the character are more expensive and have better stats and skills.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Various collected V bits -

Picture of the field.

Six Spirits. SP at 50% means it's probably the "regeneration" system Z3 used.

Intermission screen. Sub-Orders from Z2 are back.

Between
  • No ALL weapons
  • No Formation menu
  • No squad skills
there are probably no squads.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Heads-on-map always looks like poo poo imo so Im glad to see the map sprites back.

e: two months out and still nothing on the English version.

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 13, 2016

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit:

IIRC, the X-1 gets thrashed by Zabine, Seabook gets his scar on his face, and the X-1 gets upgraded to the X-1 Kai. Then when the X-3 gets totaled in the final battle with the Divinidad, Tobia inherits the X-1 Kai from Seabook (since he and Cecily want to retire and live the peaceful life of bakery owners) and adds the Peacock Smasher crossbow weapon and the fancy cloak. Thus, it gets renamed the X-1 Kai Kai. Because calling it the X-1 Kai2 wasn't cool or something, I guess. :shrug:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe I was the only one who preferred the 2D style of map.

edit:

Sure is. It's also called Skull Heart at that point, which is at least less repetitive.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
If Tobia is already starting with the Skull Heart, then we'll probably see the X-1 Patchwork as his upgrade.

I'm excited! :dance:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Zabine is around in the vanilla X2, so whatever the hell's going on with Crossbone it sure isn't gonna follow the manga much.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Very happy to see the Sub Orders system back. Moon Dwellers could've used it a little bit.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hunter Noventa posted:

Very happy to see the Sub Orders system back. Moon Dwellers could've used it a little bit.

And there should be one for TacP instead of PP this time, which I'm completely behind.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Masaki being added to X-Omega got me to reinstall the lovely game. Turns out I forgot to back-up and lost my account, but somehow I don't really care.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MonsieurChoc posted:

Masaki being added to X-Omega got me to reinstall the lovely game. Turns out I forgot to back-up and lost my account, but somehow I don't really care.
There are still mobile games that don't have automatic cloud saving? Why have games on an always-on internet device in the first place then?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are still mobile games that don't have automatic cloud saving? Why have games on an always-on internet device in the first place then?
So you don't cheat the Gacha, which is the only way they earn money, I assume

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, it's weird. If I lost my Brave Exvius/Record Keeper/Fate Gacha account, I'd be pissed. But X-Omega? Meh.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Auto-100% counter on C weapons is interesting, is that only if you have the Counter skill already? I hope that if no squad system we don't get too many people to field or too many call-in attacks.

Any sign of full body portraits like Z1 and the OGs?

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So is "Awaken" in GGG supposed to mean how much of a Newtype a character is?

I'm surprised CCA Char has more than CCA Amuro. (Also UC Bright now has some Awakening?)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I'm surprised CCA Char has more than CCA Amuro. (Also UC Bright now has some Awakening?)

Awakening is indeed for Newtypes. In the multi-series games they use it for other things too, like SEED characters who are Coordinators and some of the 00 characters. (Nobody in Wing or G Gundam, though, for whatever reason.)

I don't know why Bright would have any though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Amuro's soul is still weighed down by gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I wish there was a game where the pull of the Earth's gravity well had a measurable effect on people's souls and Newtype powers.

• Locked thread