Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i want a fetish bed that will fold in on itself so when i got to sleep at night i can pretend i am being eaten alive by a giant anime woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I had a dream wherin the latest Magic expansion was based on loving MEGAZORDS

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe Dr. Thurston's Revitalizing Mind Tincture would work better. Restore balance to the humors and reinvigorate his mental sharpness and acuity.

One for 25 cents or three for a dollar!

You need Grove's Medicated Chill Tonic, friend!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Sjs00 posted:

I had a dream wherin the latest Magic expansion was based on loving MEGAZORDS

Best dream ever :gizz:

Cheating dude: your family thinks you're a piece of poo poo too

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had this one dream one time, it was where I poo poo my pants. Like, i just poo poo them, poo poo right in my pants. Guys.... I dreamed I poo poo my pants.

Only it wasn't A DREAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I had those "punching but it just doesn't work" dreams, too. But then I tried kicking instead and that worked just fine. Then I got so into kicking the nightmare about trying to fight off a horror movie monster with useless punches changed into a dream about kicking stuff and doing flips.

I think it has something to do with brains and science. Next time you're in a dream fight, just make like a French sailor and start kicking.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Jumping on the "fighting but weak-rear end" bandwagon ... Also, I've been training MMA and BJJ for the last 10 years, so it's pretty frustrating.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDdoJX1KxM

True story

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

If a woman came on to me I'd probably tell my wife about it later...

Get a load of captain naive over here.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

sixth and maimed posted:

Jumping on the "fighting but weak-rear end" bandwagon ... Also, I've been training MMA and BJJ for the last 10 years, so it's pretty frustrating.

blow job judo?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Putty posted:

i want a fetish bed that will fold in on itself so when i got to sleep at night i can pretend i am being eaten alive by a giant anime woman

Anime? What are you, a filthy knuckle-dragger?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Putty posted:

For just a few thousand dollars you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCSyKQ5WvaE

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

you irl posted:

blow job judo?

Excuse me its blow job jitsu

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apprentice Dick posted:

Excuse me its blow job jitsu

What is "the title of my next Naruto fanfiction", Alex

quote:

My wife is really pissed at me for something that I think is genius. Pissed to the point of us now discussing divorce. Really I'm more curious what goons think so I can tell her "I'm not the only one who agrees with this"

She and I make a good but not obscene living between us. Approximately 210k a year, no kids, but we have some pretty big expenses that eat into that. I play Magic competitively so I spend a lot on drafting decks, plus we travel 4-5 times a year to various cons to play and pick up the convention exclusives. My cards are going to be a long term investment and said any potential kids to college, so we're good there.

But this year, for the first year ever, the burden of hosting Christmas has fallen on us. We have invited both families so that's:

Her parents
My parents
Her 4 sisters and the 2 boyfriends
My brother and his girlfriend
Her grandma
My 3 competitive Magic friends who don't have any local family

My wife is cooking a very traditional meal; Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, some kind of veggie, and a variety of cakes and pies. Nothing she can't handle - except the cost is getting out of control. On top of that, 1 of her sisters, her grandma, and her parents have pretty significant drives, so my wife (without my permission) suggested they crash at our house. This would be annoying but okay IF I hadn't already promised that space to my friends. So I came up with a solution that seemed to work for everyone.

We would charge those family members a small fee to stay with us. I looked online and hotel rooms that night nearby were charging about 110 dollars a night. I was going to cut them a huge break and charge 50 dollars each to stay. This would also help us pay for food, so really, they were getting a room for the night AND a meal.

When I brought this up to Sara she told me it wasn't happening, and that if we did charge anyone, it would be my friends. This is extremely hateful - my friends don't have anywhere else to go, so why charge them and just make them feel worse? Granted, they do live closer, but they plan to drink and I don't want them driving home in ice and snow drunk. They are also currently unemployed, and 50 dollars is a lot to ask of them.

When I calmly explained that fact Sara continued to lash out, telling me that charging her family was inconsiderate. Meanwhile, the real inconsiderate thing is to expect us to host a meal without any financial compensation. We fought, a lot of rude obscenities were thrown my way, and I told Sara she needed to think about how this was affecting her marriage. I spent the night at a friend's house (Not cheating, my wife just has the house in her name since she owned it before we met) and came home the next day after work.

She was much calmer and asked me to explain the logic behind charging her family. I did, and she proceeded to go hormonal on me again. Since then we have barely spoken beyond her asking me to apologize for nothing.

It is 12 days before Christmas. I should be sitting at home with a cup of hot chocolate while my wife bakes up cookies for us to enjoy. Instead, I am worried I'm about to lose half my stuff. Please help me articulate to my wife why she is being wrong and thinking purely emotionally instead of being fiscally responsible.

This is literally a post from the r/relationships thread. Do not charge your relatives for Christmas. That is crazy. If the cost of the food is getting out of control, ask them to each contribute a dish. This is normal and will solve your problem just as well with the added bonus of not making the holidays into a business transaction. I'm 100% Team Anon's Wife on this one. Apologize to her and figure something else out. :colbert:

quote:

My wife and I got married just after college. We met in our sophomore and junior year. We both got relatively decent jobs in a major city and have had a comfortable life up until recently. My wife has had very few relationships before she met me and was quite shy during college and when we first started dating.

When we first got established after college she began asking for an open style relationship, stating that she wanted to experience the things she missed during her high school/college years. I was open to this because we have been together for 6~ years already with no problems or issues and I thought it would be a good opportunity to try new things and learn more about ourselves. A few weeks after agreeing to this she told me that she was going out with her supervisor at work (who is almost twice her age). This shocked me, but I kept an open mind because of the initial rules we set when she first brought it up.

This has been going on for months. She has weekly "meetups" with this guy and I'm not totally sure what they do or where they go. There are days where I don't see or hear from her, and even then it is just a single text saying that she is okay or that she will be home soon. She is reserved about revealing any more information other than the day/weekend she plans to meet with him.

I have yet to date/hookup with anyone since we agreed to have an open relationship. I have no idea why the gently caress I agreed to this. She has not been romantic with me since this poo poo started happening and we usually just sit and watch Netflix or TV during our work nights and go to bed. I have anxiety attacks when she is with the guy and usually drive to my parents and spend the night with them when she leaves. Did I gently caress up?

yes

Open relationships never work, but a surefire way to tell a specific one isn't working is if there is functionally no difference between it and an affair. Your wife is checked out of your marriage and will either leave you for this other guy or leave you for the next guy she starts dating when she gets bored with him.

Now, you did technically agree to this. But there's no law saying you can't change your mind. Tell your wife you can't handle the open marriage. Say you thought you could, but you can't, and you have no interest in anyone but her and it kills you when she's out with this other dude. This is the truth, so you shouldn't have a problem saying it. You need to close the marriage back up; tell her so. If she gives you any resistance at all, that's a deal-breaker because it's basically proof that she doesn't really want to be married to you, she wants to be single and play the field; give her her chance to do that by kicking her to the curb. If she agrees and apologizes and changes her ways, well, whether you trust her going forward from here is on you -- I don't know either of you from Adam after all -- but I'd keep my guard up at the very least.

e: oh also she should quit her job, she's making GBS threads where she eats and it's a bad idea regardless of relationship status but also I think she'll keep cheating if she keeps working there

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 14, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You make $210,000 a year between the two of you and you want to charge your FAMILY to stay over your house for one night?

You are a selfish idiot. Tell your goony magic friends to get a cab home.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

RCarr posted:

You make $210,000 a year between the two of you and you want to charge your FAMILY to stay over your house for one night?

You are a selfish idiot. Tell your goony magic friends to get a cab home.

I love how he complains that his wife isn't being fiscally responsible right after telling us he plays MTG competitively and travels 4-5 times a year to go to cons.

Also

MTG goon posted:

My cards are going to be a long term investment and said any potential kids to college, so we're good there.

:laffo:

If you can't figure out how to afford Christmas dinner for your family on 210k a year with no kids, you are a loving moron and I have no sympathy for you.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Don't charge people to come to a Christmas dinner that you're hosting you cheap-rear end dork.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao, that guy is gonna lose his wife over Magic and being a cheap piece of poo poo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Magic goon has dreams of his Christmas sleepover where they open all the packs from their stockings and have a basement draft.

And his dumb 'family' is getting in the way of that.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
MTG goon: you're really disrespectful in the way you write about your wife, clearly think quite little of her and I hope she divorces your stupid rear end.

If you want to keep this marriage going, you're going to have to scoop 'em up and do some serious apologising. You're dead on board, mate.

E: also lol point 1 slide 1 on the TED talk for "how to gently caress up your perfectly decent relationship" reads "open it up"

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 14, 2016

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Xmas hotelier, you are an idiot and your wife is right. If you can't afford to host Christmas then you shouldn't have agreed to it. If you need some financial help, ask them to help with the food. Charging relatives to stay at your house is a total dick move and a good way to make sure no one wants to come to your house or invite you to theirs ever again. Also if you are making 200k a year and a few hundred bucks is that important to you then you are doing something seriously wrong.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Charging friends or even friends of friends to stay at your place (as long as it's a reasonable amount of time) is ridiculous, let alone family. If they are staying a while and eating your food just ask them to chip in for groceries. You're like one of my former roommates who tried setting up a bring your own beer party with a "door fee" and guess what, hardly anybody came and nobody thought he was serious about the door fee because charging money for being allowed to enter your house temporarily is something only assholes do.

Devila
May 1, 2016
as a female human being i think magic goon should be thankful his wife hasn't killed him(yet)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Open marriage goon: the most predictable ending.

Your wife is loving another dude. She asked for this open marriage because she wanted to gently caress this guy, or maybe was already doing it and felt bad about it. You have one shot to save your marriage, which is to put a stop to it and close it. It's probably not going to work and your marriage is probably over. You need to be prepared for that. If it makes you feel better, the marriage was over when she decided she wanted to sleep with other people, so whether you agreed to it or not doesn't really matter.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

My wife is cooking a very traditional meal; Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, some kind of veggie, and a variety of cakes and pies. Nothing she can't handle - except the cost is getting out of control.

How the hell is this out of control? My wife and I made this exact dinner for roughly the same amount of people 3 weeks ago for Thanksgiving for about 100$, and everyone left with leftovers.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Arven posted:

How the hell is this out of control? My wife and I made this exact dinner for roughly the same amount of people 3 weeks ago for Thanksgiving for about 100$, and everyone left with leftovers.

Maybe every item has its own custom Magic deck.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

therattle posted:

Maybe every item has its own custom Magic deck.

The napkins are Alpha Black Lotuses

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
That cheap rear end Christmas goon is Komodo Wagon, right?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
devils advocate here: ignore the haters, magic goon, you are doing what's best to ensure you stay competitive in the magic scene and provide for your children's futures. double-down. your wife will come around.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Captain Yossarian posted:

That cheap rear end Christmas goon is Komodo Wagon, right?

lol like he'd let family stay over on christmas even for money

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
haha I forgot this idiot thinks he's still getting kids too

you're gonna die alone surrounded by cardboard, good job

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
cucked goon: lol. just lol. tell your wife you're done with the open relationship poo poo, and see whether she chooses you or the other (bigger dicked) guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're not making goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates so I'm declaring their Xmas party fiasco and shan't be attending. Good day, anon goon. GOOD. DAY.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm starting to think the Christmas Party thing is a bit more transparent of a trollpost than I did before, because (a) it is very similar to a story posted in the r/relationships thread recently and (b) the parts about Magic cards and the part at the end about "I should be enjoying hot chocolate while my wife bakes me some cookies" were a little on-the-nose

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jose posted:

lol like he'd let family stay over on christmas even for money

Ahahaha good point :discourse:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

I'm starting to think the Christmas Party thing is a bit more transparent of a trollpost than I did before, because (a) it is very similar to a story posted in the r/relationships thread recently and (b) the parts about Magic cards and the part at the end about "I should be enjoying hot chocolate while my wife bakes me some cookies" were a little on-the-nose

Pfft, there's been maybe three real confessions in the entire thread. And I choose to believe they were the guy that hooked up with his weird PhD boss, the dude that wrote that 4 page love letter, and obviously the guy that tortures monkeys.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

loquacius posted:

It's so blatantly a trollpost I'm amazed you didn't pick up on it sooner. Like, no one is that much of a clueless, selfish wasteman. No one. I refuse to believe it.

Part of me does want to be real though, if only for the wife to follow through, divorce his worthless arse and take him to the cleaners.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Loquacious is doing good work but his filter is basically non-existent.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

It's an obvious troll.
  • No self awareness coupled with a gratingly arrogant attitude
  • 210 K a year income but their house is too small to put up like 6 people
  • 210 K a year income and a couple hundo on food is out of control costs
  • Any amount of money spent on MTG is just fine though
  • A group of unemployed useless loser friends that have plenty of money for MTG but can't scrape together cab fare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There shouldn't be a filter except for the silly ones about mods or Lowtax that wind up getting the thread closed. If a goon wants to write a terrible fan-fic about liking Goku enough to have his wife dress up like him while she pegs him then, by god, loquacious will post it for all to see.