Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand
Cripes, I've been been away too long. I don't check this daily, then next thing you know it's NOVEMBER.

For the longest time I was working on that fighter of mine that had more PBs than armor blocks, trimming down the number of companion blocks to each program (Remote Controls, Gyros, Sensors, Antenna) and riding on the self satisfactory high it gave me.
Lo and behold, I discover the ARMS systems and hope to integrate it with a fleet of planet-side Air Forces, mostly for command and control.
You leave for two weeks and part of the code dun work. Leave for two months, and half my favorite scripts are now as functional as male nipples. :confuoot:
I decided to try and rebuild it from the ground up as a stand-alone craft, with nifty rotating thrusters for hovering, and whaddya know conveyor hinges don't work. :supaburn:

So, hello again everyone! Missed this thread, honestly. You remember that flying 12oz can I made, currently on the front page you can use for target practice this very instant? It will soon come in a 16oz variety!

IT Department

When I made the Rune Breaker, the loving Oxygen update hadn't even hit yet. It was meant as a cool personal ship that did some this & that with rail guns.
With the Valmaceid, I designed her with all the bells and whistles from the ground up, and am currently going through all the component renaming and code editing.
This version will have no mods, since a version with them would have more game crashes than steel plates.

Its armor layer is only 2 blocks deep, but after watching Neddy blow apart Rune Breaker I saw direct combat ships of this size aren't my strong suit, so she's light on armament too. It does have decoys, which I still see almost nobody use on the workshop, so I feel safe letting some of the ion thrusters remain exposed. What it can do is house about 6 small fighters, jump up to 2 Mega-meters, recharge purely off of batteries, and store assloads of ice. The hydrogen and oxygen tanks are on separate lines, so there's that. Exploration ship, perhaps? Aesthetically it's supposed to look like the real version of Rune Breaker, and not what drawn as a fever dream in a 1950's idea of the future.

tl;dr: I made a ship with pretend heat sinks please love me

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My capital ships aren't really great for comparison, as they tend to be over-engineered and expensive mobile murder fortresses instead of sane simple work ships.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My capital ships aren't really great for comparison, as they tend to be over-engineered and expensive mobile murder fortresses instead of sane simple work ships.

I like mobile murder fortresses. They're the Star Destroyers of Space Engineers.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
As a seemingly undocumented part of the patches, we now have magnetic boots. Try bumping up against a craft in space with your jetpack turned off with no gravity whatsoever. This may have been part of a previous patch, but I wouldn't know.

e; This may be limited to only the scissors build.

64bitrobot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 26, 2016

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So should we do a group test of the new multiplayer modes?

I think we should do a group test of the new multiplayer modes.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

McGiggins posted:

So should we do a group test of the new multiplayer modes?

I think we should do a group test of the new multiplayer modes.

The problem is there's 3 branches of the network code and none are compatible (including save games/worlds).

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So it could be organised that anyone who wanted to attempt a try at one or more of the branches could have a certain one ready for use on a new test world at X time UTC on X day, and have two more in the following days for the other branches.

The idea is more to see how well the three options hold together, rather than set up a sustained permanent server. I hear good things about one or two of them that makes me hopeful, and thought others might want to check it out too. :shrug:

If, after trying them all, we have a clear agreement that there is a better branch and, if it seems playably stable with the number of interested people we have wanting to cram into one, then... we set up a server and play the game?

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
About a month back I played an SE map that had respawning grids and the goal was to knock out the enemy bases power.

Putting together something similar but space based. I can import into one if the multiplayer branches something made in stable/dev, yeah?

Might be an ideal way of testing, shooting the poo poo out of each other.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just a bugfix week, but it at least sounds like we're actually getting some big feature patches real soon :allears:.

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! Today, we have more bug fixes for you. We are extremely busy preparing some pretty big updates coming in the next couple of weeks and we hope that you’ve all had time to experiment with the new multiplayer prototypes that we made available last update. Since then, there’s been an incredible amount of useful feedback posted across various platforms and we thank everyone for their help. The teams were able to gather large amounts of information from the crashes and bugs that may have been difficult to find had these evaluations not been public.

If you haven't done that already, please consider giving feedback on the updated multiplayer branches. It really helps!
- Guide for changing the branches: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/7389525
- Rock Build Feedback Thread: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/multiplayer-build-feedback-thread-rock.7389520/
- Paper Build Feedback Thread: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/multiplayer-build-feedback-thread-paper.7389521/
- Scissors Build Feedback Thread: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/multiplayer-build-feedback-thread-scissors.7389522/

For this patch, we tweaked the balance of ships drills by slightly reducing the drill radius but increasing their speed, making the changes to voxels smoother. The bugs fixed this week include more situations of piston heads breaking off, interior turrets aiming above their target, soundblocks not remembering their selection upon reload of worlds, and small grid small conveyor tubes not having mountpoints on all sides. Lastly we resolved the issue stopping players from pasting builds from the development version of the game in the stable version.

In other news, we will be streaming on the Keen Community Network tonight on Twitch. To start with, there will be a section on Medieval Engineers looking at the upcoming farming update. After that, members from the different Space Engineers multiplayer teams will discuss the methods and approaches used for improving multiplayer. And finally, to finish the night, Marek will come on to talk more about multiplayer, the games in general and maybe even a bit about GoodAI. So please tune in at 19:00 CET to Keen Community Network on Twitch.tv! (Note from Neddy: This passed about 5 hours prior to time of posting this, so go check for the recorded stream I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qb0yRbucrE

Fixes
- tweaked mining with ship drills to have smaller radius and to dig faster
- fixed issue with piston heads breaking off in certain situations
- fixed issue on small grid "Small Conveyor Tube" blocks not having mountpoints on every surface
- fixed issue where GetVelocityAtPoint gets wrong values with safetylock o
- fixed issue where you lost control of turrets when killing mobs
- fixed issue with camera clipping into the jetpack in 3rd person view
- fixed issue where you were unable to paste build from development version
- fixed issue where soundblock would not remember its selection when reloading save game
- fixed issue with welders not working due to ownership not being set up correctly
- fixed issue with interior turrets aiming above the target
- fixed issue when renaming save files the load game menu would not update properly
- fixed issue with achievement Giant Leap for Mankind resseting when exiting game
- fixed issue when using Xbox controller causing the configuration of the game to reset

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's another bugfix patch this week, I don't know why I even bother sometimes... :sigh:

...Along with every goddamn teased feature you've been drooling over for the past six months :supaburn:

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! We are very happy to announce that today, we have a massive update for you, the one that’s been months in making. There’s the total block redesign, new multiplayer netcode, a tutorial campaign and much, much more!

Total Block Redesign
Nearly every art asset in the game has been redone together with the first iteration of render optimizations. This includes new block models, new weapon and tool models, new component models and new voxel textures. All of these assets now use physically-based rendering.
There’s an incredible amount of models in the game so you can expect various bugs to be fixed over the coming weeks, and as always, if you find any sort of bugs, please report them on our Forums - http://forum.keenswh.com/forums/bug-reports.326950/
It’s worth mentioning that there will now be time to listen to community feedback on the new models so we can modify, adjust and improve them if required.
Aside from the redesigned blocks, we also have a couple of completely new ones to add. These are of course the corner lights and corner LCDs (available for small and large grid) and created by Arindel so many many thanks to him! They really did help the level designers with creating the desired atmosphere of the missions.

Multiplayer
It was decided that we would take the best features and technologies from all of the MP contestants and combine them into one ultimate multiplayer experience. This means that as well as the netcode and performance based features, it’s also bringing gameplay features like magboots and voice communication.
Magboots allow you to walk all around grids in zero g, but only works if there is no natural or artificial gravity.
Voice communication works within antenna range, and you can chain together antenna networks to increase your range.
Thanks to Rexxar, there are more advanced admin tools in the Space Master menu. This is just the first iteration, and more tools may be added in the future. We’ve also redesigned permissions ingame, adding new Scripter and Moderator roles.
For more details on these features, check this thread. There are some important and exciting modding changes this week, including a new way for mods to store custom data inside entities, please see the link below for more details if you are modder or a scripter.

Campaign
Next up, we’ve got the tutorial campaign. This is a short campaign mainly designed to help new players get into the game - but should be a lot of fun for existing players too, as it’s a great showcase of the storytelling potential in Space Engineers.
We hope you will enjoy it and that it will inspire content creators out there to design their own missions and campaigns. They have all the same tools that our in-house designers have at their disposal like triggers, cut scenes, drone AI and more.

Drone AI
Thanks to the tutorial campaign, we spent some time improving drone AI. They can now strafe, attempt to ram when out of ammo, use static weaponry, have more specific targeting and be assigned waypoints. Currently these features can only be utilized in your own drones via the visual scripting tool.

Drive-by Turret Shooting
One of favorite features that we’re also adding this week is the ability to control a single automated turret while still driving or flying a vehicle. The only requirement is that you set one cockpit on a grid as the main cockpit. Once controlling a turret, you can aim it with the mouse while using the WASD keys to steer the vehicle. By holding ALT, you can switch back to controlling gyroscopes with your mouse. We’ve also cleaned up camera overlays and added a zoom function to all automated turrets to help you make that crucial shot.

...And More!
We’ve added the ability for bullet decals to be seen from the inside of cockpits so now you will really know when you’re getting hit.
We improved building by making the block size get automatically selected by the grid that you are pointing at; you can change the size manually by pressing the block button on your toolbar again so you are still able to create a new grid from any block.
Lastly, you can now interact with highlighted blocks by pressing LMB and interact with control panels by pressing RMB.

Indie of the Year Awards
If you like what you see, please consider voting for us in this year's Indie of the Year Awards.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/widget/ioty/space-engineers?year=2016
Every vote counts - and you can win a nice game for Christmas just by voting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybn8GwfRdSU

Features
- New Multiplayer netcode; best features were merged from all the MP contestants
- Total Block Redesign; every block has been completely reworked (textures/LODs/etc.)
- New and redesigned Tools and Weapons look
- New and redesigned look for Components, Voxels
- Physics improvements
- Render improvements
- Added Campaign containing 5 missions
- Added Voice Chat (dependent on antenna network, it can be enabled by pressing U)
- Added Magnetic Boots
- Drone AI Improvements (strafing, ramming when without ammo, can use static weapons, targeting, waypoints)
- Drive-by Turret shooting (shooting from turrets while moving with vehicles/ships)
- Improved building (block size is automatically picked by the grid that you are pointing to; you can change the size manually by pressing the block button on your toolbar again)
- Interacting with highlighted stuff by pressing LMB and interacting with control panel RMB (only with empty hands)
- Added Corner Lights, Corner LCDs (thanks Arindel!)
- Enabled interior lights for small ships
- Added Advanced Admin Tools in the Space Master menu (thanks Rexxar!)
- Redesigned permissions ingame, added new Scripter and Moderator roles
- Created a new way for mods to store custom data inside entities: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/modapi-changes-12-8.7389842/
- Added Zoom function to all turrets
- Decals are now visible from inside the Cockpits
- Voxel hand can be used by Space Master

Fixes
- fixed issue where welding with multiple welders cause major sound and performance issues
- fixed desync for warheads on dedicated server
- fixed crash at ParallelTasks.TaskException when pasting blueprint
- fixed crash at System.Array.Clear
- fixed aiming issues for drones
- fixed crash when two merge blocks that were part of the same grid merged
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.EndShoot
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.GameSystems.MyGridCameraSystem.ResetCamera
- fixed crash at Crash at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary
- fixed minor issue with cameras and chat function
- fixed issue with LCD panel crashing the game when removed or grinded down
- fixed issue with being able to produce infinite hydrogen with the stockpile option

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Time to reinstall

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Be aware any world with mods crashes on load at the moment.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand
The good of this update is far outweighing its constantly crashing by interacting with anything. Which it is, constantly, but so many fun new features, and of course there will be patches over the coming days.

It does feel so nice to see another Space Engineer though after so long, and then use the voice chat to tell him to stop being a twat and turn off the lander's landing gear auto-lock so he doesn't stay perched at a 45° from the lake in the ship he got rid of the control console of after landing and gave you and your faction no access to, leading you to grind everything down to get into the control and inventory, which crashes your game.

Why did we want to play with people? After not logging on to a DS or even using MP for a year I forgot how utterly stupid your average pubby is. This game has been out for 2 years and they can't still grasp the basics.

Apart from other people this update is golden. It's like playing the game for the first time, or even the planet update. Using the sweet new magboots to walk along the surface of asteroids brings back a lot of the atmosphere to the game I thought I wouldn't be immersed in again.

Just when you're ready to put it down for good, Keen and Marek pull this crap.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Time to start up a MP server with all the guys I was playing SE with before we stopped due to the godawful netcode :getin:

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Has anyone tested the new MP? I'm curious if the improvement is nominal or significant.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Well.. gently caress making new models, I'll just do a (lovely) retexture.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Nice update, even after all that teasing of the models it's nice seeing it all together. I've just been loading old poo poo to see how they look. The magboots are cool.

I did spot some texture merging errors but they were pretty minor. I do have some nitpicky stuff; the control seats, medbay and prog block all have that light blue blank screen and it's now super bright and annoying, they need to switch it for a faux ui or a real lcd panel (would be especially good on the flight seat).

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Rebuilt the old hot rod, feel free to check it out.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815420189

Goddamn those new models look good.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I think it's mod-free too.

dub-edit: the system alarm is working, but you have to trigger the 'Diagnostic HUD Timer' to get the small screens and their outputs to show up after spawning.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 10, 2016

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
We can be recklessly irresponsible together!
I am going to try out some MP in 2 hours or so. Hoping for good results.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Rebuilt the old hot rod, feel free to check it out.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815420189

Goddamn those new models look good.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I think it's mod-free too.

Pretty close, the Letter Blocks are modblocks. Much as we might want otherwise :sigh:. It's still a pretty sweet ship, though I can't help but wonder how much flight time you get on pure hydrogen in Survival Mode. Small Block Hydrogen Tanks have a horrendously small fuel capacity.

Speaking of creations, take a walk on the walls inside a collection of hollow spheres.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Yeah, but you don't need the letters for it to fly around and shoot stuff. You can also put about 80k ice in each medium container, plus whatever fits in the oxygen generators themselves. I have kind of tested this in survival, and escaped Alien Planet and Earth, both. I don't really know how far it goes past that, though...

I do really like hydrogen in this game. Like the star wars man says: "This thing really moves". I'm still waiting for them to undo their hydrogen realism changes, because building real rockets isn't fun.

It used to use modded "Sage Thrusters" from that one youtuber, but after the rebalances, it's not all that impressive outside of deep space. I assume I'd pretty much have to be using atmospheric thrusters exclusively to get any real air time on a planet, but the Intrepid goes fast and does okay on planets. It was really designed far before the planets update.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 10, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Try the Big Thrusters in the Azimuth Mega Mod Pack. They're the same size and even faster. They also work in atmosphere just fine.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Have they fixed all the mod blocks being pink/textureless yet?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I think they changed the rendering engine for the game in the latest update so modders will have to update their mods to work with the new renderer, now? I have no idea.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Not as of this morning, it'll require every mod author to go back and redo the textures for every model so expect it to take a while. Abandoned mods will need someone else to rework them which is why there's 3 different OKI complete weapon packs out from the last time they changed textures/shaders.

Is there a Discord or Curse channel for Space Engineers? Tried to join the goon steam group multiple times but could never get a response from the 3 or so admins, probably due to timezone differences.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Verizian posted:

Not as of this morning, it'll require every mod author to go back and redo the textures for every model so expect it to take a while. Abandoned mods will need someone else to rework them which is why there's 3 different OKI complete weapon packs out from the last time they changed textures/shaders.

Is there a Discord or Curse channel for Space Engineers? Tried to join the goon steam group multiple times but could never get a response from the 3 or so admins, probably due to timezone differences.

Yeah, the official Keen SE/ME discord.

edit: It's also 3 of the top 4 results when one googles 'space engineers discord'.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 14, 2016

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
But the issue right now is that the game is looking for the texture data in its own assets directory, not the mod directory. The modders can't fix that.

I guess the workaround is to open up each mod individually and copy the textures to the main game's texture directory.. but screw that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

But the issue right now is that the game is looking for the texture data in its own assets directory, not the mod directory. The modders can't fix that.

I guess the workaround is to open up each mod individually and copy the textures to the main game's texture directory.. but screw that.

Apparently it's also affecting some vanilla blocks for people like the Space Ball, so it's definitely not a modding issue.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Stable Version gets... EVERYTHING! :supaburn:

Mod textures are still broken though :sigh:.

quote:

Summary
Hello Engineers! Today, we are pushing all the features from last week’s enormous update to the stable branch. Just in case you missed the news, this includes the total block redesign, new multiplayer netcode, a tutorial campaign and much more! We wanted to make this great update available to all players as you’ve been asking for it all week! In combination with this today’s bug and crash fixes, you should be able to enjoy a stable gameplay experience. This update also marks the transition of Space Engineers moving to Beta phase.
The most important thing to remember with this announcement is that there is still more content, improvements and many optimizations to come. As an example, we can confirm that one of the things being worked on currently is a new HUD which should significantly increase your immersion in the game. Beta simply means that we feel the game now has a solid foundation. Some of the new models will be receiving adjustments because of feedback from the community. Multiplayer will be seeing more optimizations and improvements to make it run even better and make it more durable. These are just a few examples of areas still in need of attention.

Thanks to your votes last week, we made it into the top 100 of IndieDB’s Indie game of the year awards. Now, there is a second round of voting to decide the ultimate winner so we need your help by voting again even if you did last week. You can find Space Engineers under the futuristic sim category: http://www.indiedb.com/groups/2016-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote26095
Every vote counts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg-7jPZeNAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrePWKCSB5c

Features
- Marek's blog post about Space Engineers Beta: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2016/12/space-engineers-entering-beta_15.html
- New Multiplayer netcode
- Total Block Redesign; every block has been completely reworked (textures/LODs/etc.)
- New and redesigned Tools and Weapons look
- New and redesigned look for Components, Voxels
- Physics improvements
- Render improvements
- Added Campaign containing 5 missions
- Added Voice Chat (dependent on antenna network, it can be enabled by pressing U)
- Added Magnetic Boots
- Drone AI Improvements (strafing, ramming when without ammo, can use static weapons, targeting, waypoints)
- Drive-by Turret shooting (shooting from turrets while moving with vehicles/ships)
- Improved building (block size is automatically picked by the grid that you are pointing to; you can change the size manually by pressing the block button on your toolbar again)
- Double Click makes a hand tool keep working continually
- Interacting with highlighted stuff by pressing LMB and interacting with control panel RMB (only with empty hands)
- Added Corner Lights, Corner LCDs (thanks Arindel!)
- Enabled interior lights for small ships
- Added Advanced Admin Tools in the Space Master menu (thanks Rexxar!)
- Redesigned permissions ingame, added new Scripter and Moderator roles
- Added Zoom function to all turrets
- Customizable Fonts
- Added ambient occlusion setting in the Graphics Options
- Decals are now visible from inside the Cockpits
- Voxel hand can be used by Space Master
- Added Steam Achievements: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/244850/achievements/
- Raycast improvements (thanks Rexxar!): http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/new-camera-raycast-and-sensor-api.7389290/
- Created a new way for mods to store custom data inside entities: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/modapi-changes-12-8.7389842/
- Added new toggle for Sensor for detecting subgrids
- Added a new button to rotors that allows a small rotor head to be added
- Re-worked remote access menu to be more user friendly and accessible
- Added support for CompilationSymbols arguments in Teamcity
- Whitelisted items (so they can be edited in scripts to avoid conflicts)
- Added Monospace Font (thanks @Krypt! :) )
- Trees can now be cut down using the grinder/drill tool
- Added "Loading Wheel" when pasting a blueprint
- Added Workshop tag "Campaign"
- GitHub Updated

Fixes

- fixed crash while pasting specific blueprints on DS
- fixed ingame script finalizers crashing the game
- fixed rare crash related to Refinery
- fixed fire disappearing when shooting reactors, gravity generators, cockpits and other blocks
- fixed spotlight losing glare effect after being repainted
- fixed Vegetation View Distance not changing in game
- fixed personal light turning off when using remote control
- fixed phantom power drain when using merge block
- fixed outdated instructions in step 1 of tutorial 8
- fixed gun particles at close range
- fixed issue with conveyor sorter working even when turned off
- fixed rifle shooting constantly after entering the menu
- fixed thruster flame animation freezing
- fixed issue with copy/pasting station turning into ships
- fixed issue when welding solar panels
- fixed issue with ore spawns in rock
- fixed issue with voxel tearing and the wrong texture appearing
- fixed a part of the issue where only pressing C activates thrusters
- fixed the no clip part of the laser antenae
- fixed issue where the output angle for PBs did not show on LCD
- fixed mirroring issue with oxygen farm
- fixed mirroring issue with 3x3 wheels
- fixed mirroring issue with 5x5 wheels
- fixed mirroring issue with large antenna
- fixed mirroring issue with small conveyor frame
- fixed mirroring issue with small/large atmospheric thruster
- fixed mirroring issue oxygen generator
- fixed issue with dead bodies cluttering the server (improved sim speed)
- fixed crash at System.Array.Clear(Array array, Int32 index, Int32 length)
- fixed crash at System.Console.ReadKey(Boolean intercept)
- fixed crash at System.Text.StringBuilder.get_Chars
- fixed issues with loading the star system scenario
- fixed bug that was occurring when using welder on projection
- fixed issue with connectors not being locked on server restart
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.MultiplyBlockSkeleton
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Cube.MyRefinery (Again)
- fixed crash during timerblock preview while trying to paste it
- fixed issue with ship pasted into voxels not turning into station
- fixed issue with procedural asteroids not rendering correctly
- fixed issue where you are unable to pick up objects in between doors
- fixed not being able to place text panel on the tip of the armor slope
- fixed issue where you were unable to place voxels over projections
- fixed issue which caused the local area grid bound to disappear
- fixed issue where pillar could be attached to armor slope block from the side
- fixed issue with ship Grinder/Welder blocks range
- fixed issue with Hydrogen Thrusters being added to ships and making them lose altitude in gravity
- fixed issue with warping sounds with large number of ship Grinders/Welders
- fixed issue with respawn ships appearing outside of world size limits
- fixed issue with ships spawning without a physical presence in worlds
- fixed issue with wheels not behaving properly when used in the Visual Scripting tool
- fixed issue where tools continued running even when entering into the menu
- fixed issue where blocks with "+" reverting to default block when changing grid size
- fixed issues where asteroids were not present in "Asteroid" scenario or spawned too far away
- fixed issue with projections casting shadows
- fixed issue with crosshair appearing when going into spectator mode while still in the cockpit
- fixed issue with thrusters acting dead (turned off) when locked to a grid with a landing gear
- fixed issue where players could change in to a space wolf while on survival using the med bay
- fixed crash at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException
- fixed space ball air tightness issue (no longer airtight)
- fixed issue with cargo ships not despawning
- fixed issue with explosions appearing pixelated and with squares on edges
- fixed issue where double clicking during the loading screen caused a crash
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.MultiplyBlockSkeleton
- fixed crash when pasting planet too close to yourself on a dedicated server
- fixed issue with certain blocks not being welded by the ship welder when using projector
- fixed issue with ThrustMultiplier property being disregarded in ModAPI.IMyThrust
- fixed issue where you are unable to control turrets from control panels on DS upon a character death
- fixed issue with pasted grids aligning themselves to grids locked with landing gear rather than grid being aimed at
- fixed issue where sound alert 2 was not working in visual scripting
- fixed issue where in the G-screen you were unable to grab the scrollbar with your mouse
- fixed issue with mirror mode planes causing a strobe effect when placed at the edge of grids
- fixed issue where particle effect while flying through space was not visible
- fixed issue where gatling guns were unable to target missiles (by slowing them down)
- fixed issue that 1x1 Window Inv is not part of the 1x1 Window face group
- fixed issue where the "red box" appeared when using the voxel hand tool in 1st person
- fixed issue with ctrl+scroll not working when using the voxel hand tool
- fixed issue with strafing and rolling while using the AZERTY keyboard (Hon hon hon!)
- fixed issue where moving your mouse during pause would shift your POV regardless
- fixed particle effect from bullet impact being too big and having too many sparks
- fixed some more the hard edgings on explosions
- fixed issue where snow particles from running were brighter than the snow on the ground
- fixed the ugly muzzle smoke from the rifle when firing
- fixed crash during launch when there is no audio device
- fixed 2 crashes related to Customizable Fonts
- fixed issue where tools would continue to run when bringing up the control panel
- fixed issue when adding a hydrogen thruster to ship made the dampeners behave incorrectly
- fixed issue with control panel message appearing briefly
- fixed mirroring issue with the small grid 5x5 wheel
- fixed issue where it was difficult to select a button on the control panel
- fixed issue where rotor displacement would not refresh when options were changed in the control panel
- fixed crash at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.IsAabbInsideVoxel
- fixed crash at Game.Entities.Blocks.MyMechanicalConnectionBlockBase.Brea
- fixed crash Sandbox.Game.Entities.Cube.MyRefinery.ChangeRequirementsToResults
- fixed crash SharpDX.SharpDXException
- fixed the trash removal tool to function properly
- fixed issue with turrets targeting meteors through grids
- fixed issue were settings from Info tab from the control panel did not refresh even when changing save games
- fixed camera issue where exiting it would not preserve the POV
- fixed issue where landing gear would stay lit yellow even when turned off
- fixed issue where you were unable to paste when in Creative mode if you are not a admin
- fixed issue where on survival the transparent build preview when using "Lines" or "Grids" would not show
- fixed arm animations when holding gun in and viewing your character in 3rd person
- fixed issue where dying made you look into the center of the planet (very uncomfortable bright flashing colors)
- fixed issue with accuracy on guns not syncing up with the crosshair
- fixed minor issue where going into the menu gave you a slight upward boos when flying with jetpack
- fixed minor issue where interior turrets would remain collapsed when welding
- GitHub source code updated
- removed breathing, suffocating and oxygen sounds for creative mode
- increased number of characters for LCD panels to 100,000 characters
- rotors had their negative limits re-added ( Sorry for the blueprint issues that this may have/will cause)
- removed error message for 3D export function (ctrl+alt+e shortcut)
- ship drills are now working slightly faster
- reduced the amount of memory leaks and fixed issue with reloading save file increased the memory consumption
- hitting trees should no longer make the trees fly away into the atmosphere

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
So they pushed everything to stable despite dev with mods being pretty broken? :psyduck: :keensh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spookydonut posted:

So they pushed everything to stable despite dev with mods being pretty broken? :psyduck: :keensh:

To be fair, it's probably easier to give them the biggest sample base possible for crushing bugs in the new build.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, it's probably easier to give them the biggest sample base possible for crushing bugs in the new build.

I just wish they still had it as a single build. I feel as though they're spending more time determining what goes into each build rather than just optimizing what they can. The game has always been a bit of a mess, the only difference being the degree of the mess. So it just feels as though they created extra work and split the player base when they went into a 'dev' and 'stable' branch, especially when the 'stable' branch has always been anything but.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

64bitrobot posted:

I just wish they still had it as a single build. I feel as though they're spending more time determining what goes into each build rather than just optimizing what they can. The game has always been a bit of a mess, the only difference being the degree of the mess. So it just feels as though they created extra work and split the player base when they went into a 'dev' and 'stable' branch, especially when the 'stable' branch has always been anything but.

It's not a pick-and-mix. Stable just gets a month's worth of Dev Build updates at once, the theory being most of the more crashy bugs have been squashed.

edit: Mod Textures are fixed :siren:

quote:

Hotfix 166.011

- fixed crash while joining server
- fixed crash in piston
- fixed crash in Giant leap for mankind
- fixed pink mods
- fixed pink steel plate

- fixed invisible grids in multiplayer
- fixed player getting put in control respawn ship
- improved sun
- improved stability of render initialization
- fixed solar panel textures
- fixed landing gears not working on client
- fixed modded blocks LODs

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 17, 2016

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Apparently a bug with small landing gear locking? Anyone know what that's about?

I'm terrified to load up any of my games because my shippies will go squish. :ohdear:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You know loading a save game does not delete or otherwise change that same save game, right? If your shippies go squish, just quit, and reload that exact same file, which has not changed, when the bug is fixed.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I've been playing on a random multiplayer server checking out the mods, and I started doing combat against the pirates for the first time. Started with a freighter then a miner, and capped it off by capturing and converting a SPRT raiding station. The loot in the cargo containers was completely unreal...

And then I revamped the defenses since 2 gatlings on top and bottom are just sad...

And took it mining. Hello, 6.5 million kg mining ship. The server is 30-1-5, so inventory space is crazy.

I got enough ion parts from the SPRT salvage for 2 large thrusters on front and back and 20 small additional ones for maneuvering. Fun times. I need to find some more SPRT guys for more thruster parts...

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Just finished work on my little hydrogen cruiser. It's not really meant to be an independent ship; the design is for docking with a larger ship or station that it relies upon for fuel and other resources like warp drive recharge or ammo. It's a blast to fly around and shoot stuff in. Hasn't been tested for survival yet, but it's in the works.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820389485&searchtext=nebula+strike+cruiser

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 18, 2016

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

McGiggins posted:

You know loading a save game does not delete or otherwise change that same save game, right? If your shippies go squish, just quit, and reload that exact same file, which has not changed, when the bug is fixed.

Oh I know, it's just annoying if that's the latest "game stopping bug" they've got at the moment. Shippies goin squish is never fun times.

Just finished work on my little hydrogen cruiser. It's not really meant to be an independent ship; the design is for docking with a larger ship or station that it relies upon for fuel and other resources like warp drive recharge or ammo. It's a blast to fly around and shoot stuff in. Hasn't been tested for survival yet, but it's in the works.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820389485&searchtext=nebula+strike+cruiser

CLEARLY a corvette or light frigate class vessel. Kids these days with their disrespect of spacecraft vessel classification! :rolleyes:

Nice work. :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lilspooky posted:

CLEARLY a corvette or light frigate class vessel. Kids these days with their disrespect of spacecraft vessel classification! :rolleyes:

I'd say it's more of a Launch than a strike cruiser if it's not fully independent, but damned if it's not a gorgeous little ship :allears:. That said; you really should stick one or two Ion thrusters in each direction, just so when the fuel runs out in deep space it's not completely hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
My naval scale is much smaller than any of yours. I really just don't have the time or patience to build anything truly massive. I've been working on a corvette, but it is really just a ship for two people to go around deep space in (no hydrogen this time).

Anyways, thanks guys. Hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: It's got two small ion thrusters in the rear cluster! That should slow you down from 100m/s in, I don't know, a few hours? Just use the jump drives.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 18, 2016

• Locked thread