Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Does anyone know if Montagne get full coverage against C4 explosions from the front while deployed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Monty will only take 25 damage from nitro if he extends the shield and faces it, I've been told

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does anyone know if Montagne get full coverage against C4 explosions from the front while deployed?

"Every body part that is fully covered by the shield will resist up to 80% of the explosion damage."

I'd wager that he'll be considered to be fully covered, given that if he looks as you with the shield deployed, there's not a single part of him you can hit with a gun.

edit: "FIXED – Players receive threat indicators when being shot by suppressed weapons." neat.

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 14, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shadowplay keeps recording video but no audio whatsoever, or sometimes just the sound of my voice on Discord, no one else and no other sound. :argh:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Sounds like Shadowplay has autodetected your mic as your soundcard.

You might have to individually set all your options in the windows sound manager to correct it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
The only problem I've ever had with shadowplay has been that it wouldn't record my mic at the same volume as whatever it's normally set to. I had to go in and manually boost them all up after enabling PTT.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
oh:

quote:

The team of engineers led by Elena “Mira” Alvarez Del Manzano

Spanish operator maybe? Maybe she can repair breaches or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

oh:

Quick, search for Sombra clues.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
The Cyrillic on his shield also reads as "Lord" because memes I guess.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

AUG got nerfed, FAMAS got buffed :wtc:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

"Every body part that is fully covered by the shield will resist up to 80% of the explosion damage."

I'd wager that he'll be considered to be fully covered, given that if he looks as you with the shield deployed, there's not a single part of him you can hit with a gun.

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Good stuff. Here is hoping the outdoor lighting fix is not fluff and actually good.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

oh la ferme :p The feature works*

probably

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Lemon-Lime posted:

Oh man, of course it works. Don't be silly.

However, by implementing this change, the view angle for all operators is now the feet.

Speaking of which, anyone have any tips on how to fix their audio so that both the game sounds and voice go through a headset? Somehow all of a sudden (after installing the latest radeon drivers), voices play over my monitor speakers and the rest of the game runs through the headset.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh man, of course it works. Don't be silly.

However, by implementing this change, the view angle for all operators is now the feet.

Speaking of which, anyone have any tips on how to fix their audio so that both the game sounds and voice go through a headset? Somehow all of a sudden (after installing the latest radeon drivers), voices play over my monitor speakers and the rest of the game runs through the headset.
Go to audio control panel (speakers/playback devices when you right-click speaker down-right), and make sure that your headset there is both the default audio and the default communications device. If that's already the case, or setting it so fails to help, just disable the monitor and re-enable back when/if you need it.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Foehammer posted:

AUG got nerfed, FAMAS got buffed :wtc:

Yeah, that's odd. Also Bucks C8 got a recoil nerf for some reason.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

sdr782 posted:

Yeah, that's odd. Also Bucks C8 got a recoil nerf for some reason.

Probably because he can basically breach wooden things and return fire faster than sledge.

I don't play Buck much but he is rad as heck if you're about that constant weapon switch until one of the options runs out of ammo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

oh la ferme :p The feature works*

probably

<3

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

That's a weird assumption to make however the suggestion part is noted ;)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Koramei posted:

oh:

Spain's going to be the first country up in Year 2, so we'll probably see the Grupo Especial de Operaciones first. Then we're getting Hong Kong, Poland, and finally South Korea.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with how... eurocentric the CTUs are. I want some more South American or African CTUs, or even Australia.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 15, 2016

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Hard:

I was playing last night on casual with 3 friends in a group + 2 randoms. Played and won 3 rounds/a game, after the scoreboard, Everyone on our team got "Connection failed" error message - sorry I don't recall the exact message.

The odd thing was, we were still with our same team of 5, then proceeded to play against the same team/players for the next 5 games with no one hitting the rematch button.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

Spain's going to be the first country up in Year 2, so we'll probably see the Grupo Especial de Operaciones first. Then we're getting Hong Kong, Poland, and finally South Korea.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with how... eurocentric the CTUs are. I want some more South American or African CTUs, or even Australia.
An African CTU would be awesome. Polish are likely to be JW GROM, but JW Formoza would be cool because of their cool as hell logo:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm having frequent crashes and I'm pretty sure its related to nVidia Share. My screen goes blank (usually some random color entirely) then the game crashes. Not long after that, Share crashes. I don't understand.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Go to audio control panel (speakers/playback devices when you right-click speaker down-right), and make sure that your headset there is both the default audio and the default communications device. If that's already the case, or setting it so fails to help, just disable the monitor and re-enable back when/if you need it.

The communication device was reassigned. That did it. Thanks!

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Flipswitch posted:

An African CTU would be awesome. Polish are likely to be JW GROM, but JW Formoza would be cool because of their cool as hell logo:

Thats a loving badass logo holy poo poo.

Edit: Will be good to potentially have another 416 on defence.

Dante18907 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 15, 2016

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

That's a weird assumption to make however the suggestion part is noted ;)

We like to joke that Ubi makes all the balance changes based entirely around Serenity's snap judgements. :P

I expect to see my name written in dicks on the texture of the non lethal Fuze charge when you steal my idea and implement it in game.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm having frequent crashes and I'm pretty sure its related to nVidia Share. My screen goes blank (usually some random color entirely) then the game crashes. Not long after that, Share crashes. I don't understand.

Have you revalidated your steam install? That fixed things for me awhile back

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Have you revalidated your steam install? That fixed things for me awhile back

I don't have the Steam version.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Very excited about some of these changes, especially the Russian op buffs. Hopefully getting shot in the face through my shield will go away along with the nitro nerf.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3-Q4xUx6Rk

Not sure who originally posted this but I've been talking about it all week in Discord so people need to see it again.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

poo poo people in ranked are brain dead

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

poo poo people in ranked are brain dead

https://i.imgur.com/PJQj9ld.gifv

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

Tia.

That or a) give him claymores on the front or b) Sundowner-style reactive armor.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

tbh I play Fuze for the beltfed suppression device more than anything though blowing up an entire room's worth of gadgets in or adjacent to the hostage is the cherry on top

see also: capitao's runspeed/SAW combo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I don't know how to get comfortable with the Fuze's LMG though. I feel the RPM is way slow, and while it's perfect for thunt, it's getting me killed in real games. Tips?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Point it at the guy and hold the button. It has pretty good recoil control, so it's one of the guns I prefer.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

IceOrb posted:

Hard,

Tia.

Fuze flash grenades would be amazing and terrifying, I like it.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
this is the best update yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

automaticswim posted:

this is the best update yet

Blackbeard still gets bullshit kills on the side stairs in House

• Locked thread