Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What's up dorks? My students have all taken their exam and now I'm babysitting 9 of them in the library who need to wait to get picked up by the bus.

Ask me questions and I will probably give dumb answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

What's up dorks? My students have all taken their exam and now I'm babysitting 9 of them in the library who need to wait to get picked up by the bus.

What's up dork?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Not much. Been contemplating how great the Addams Family movies are. They are two wonderful works of art

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
have you ever seen the original show?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

have you ever seen the original show?

Not in a long time. I think I might have seen one or two episodes as a kid, but those are very foggy memories. I remember liking them more than the Munsters though. I have a collection of cartoons by Addams and it's incredible to see how many of them were referenced in the first film

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dr Hurt what do you think of this

http://gatebox.ai/

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Dr Hurt what do you think of this

http://gatebox.ai/

Call me when it's Hakune Miku. Then I'll be impressed

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It might be Hatsune Miku. I'm sorry. I've shamed Domino's Pizza

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The kids that I'm watching over are now arguing over what kind of animal Knuckles is from Sonic. They didn't even know how to pronounce echidna.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. Hurt posted:

Should I strive to teach English in France? Is education a dead end or as fulfilling as I like to believe it to be?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Should I strive to teach English in France? Is education a dead end or as fulfilling as I like to believe it to be?

Hmmmmm. I think it depends. I think teaching English in a foreign country would be a different experience than teaching in a normal high school in the united States. What I will say is when students are hungry to learn and they are fully participating and working with you, education is awesome. When it feels like you're fighting an uphill battle and every day you feel like it'll just be one confrontation after another, the career is a living hell.

I know quid is also a teacher although he teaches cool music so he might be able to shine some light on it as well.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why'd you shave off your beard, you monster

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I had to shave my beard so I would have the appropriate amount of stubble so I could be Columbo for Halloween.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's a good idea.

Beards are gross.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dr. Hurt posted:

Not in a long time. I think I might have seen one or two episodes as a kid, but those are very foggy memories. I remember liking them more than the Munsters though. I have a collection of cartoons by Addams and it's incredible to see how many of them were referenced in the first film

the original show is great, the munsters is pablum, the comics are also fantastic.

Asiina posted:

It's a good idea.

Beards are gross.

:agreed: :yeah: :same:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hmmmmm. I think it depends. I think teaching English in a foreign country would be a different experience than teaching in a normal high school in the united States. What I will say is when students are hungry to learn and they are fully participating and working with you, education is awesome. When it feels like you're fighting an uphill battle and every day you feel like it'll just be one confrontation after another, the career is a living hell.

I know quid is also a teacher although he teaches cool music so he might be able to shine some light on it as well.

Well I like teaching, and people say I've a knack for it. Maybe maybe not. Also people really don't speak English well here. So it'd be useful and people tend to be motivated for foreign languages. It's a subject I like too. I'm an optimist by nature but I feel good about it. I'm a bit peeved I have to start in private schools, but I do aim for public education. It feels like a noble pursuit.

Is it true that it can be worth it even if just for one student?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dr. Hurt posted:

What should my next job be?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

It's a good idea.

Beards are gross.

You're gross.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
look at a picture of ryan gosling with and without a beard and tell me which works better

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"it looks good for some celebrities" != "it looks good enough for most men that beards are a good choice generally"

beards bad shave your unkempt face you gross nerds

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sorry you don't spend time around men that know how to manscape.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

"it looks good for some celebrities" != "it looks good enough for most men that beards are a good choice generally"

beards bad shave your unkempt face you gross nerds

My lemmy is a pretty baller look though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I got rid of my beard on new years last year. It's been great.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
a lovely beard is the same as a lovely haircut. like yeah don't have one if you're not willing to maintain it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
beard = boner

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm the only one in my family's generation to have inherited our jewish ancestor's superior beard genes. I used to hold it over everyone else since I didn't get my dad's tall genes while everyone else did.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The pinnacle of the beard is the neckbeard, all other parts are superfluous

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

The pinnacle of the beard is the neckbeard, all other parts are superfluous

Nope, lemmy, clearly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My girlfriend likes my beard :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

My lemmy is a pretty baller look though.

:hfive: Yeah it's become my defacto look as well.

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah same. I get :love:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
my beard attracts bees.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My beard looks good while it's stubble/short, but when I let it grow out, it looks like I'm growing graphite out of my face. So I'll never be able to pull off a proper beard.

Being genderfluid is suffering.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I look like a big dumb 12 year old when I don't have a beard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mr. F! posted:

I look like a big dumb 12 year old when I don't have a beard.
I SAW THAT FREUDIAN SLIP! YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!

No but seriously, it seems like you've definitely got stuff more under control now. Whatever the situation is, you're doing well, and should be proud of yourself!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Poison Mushroom posted:

I SAW THAT FREUDIAN SLIP! YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!

No but seriously, it seems like you've definitely got stuff more under control now. Whatever the situation is, you're doing well, and should be proud of yourself!

Thanks, I'm trying. It's harder some days than others; that's for sure.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ohhhh beardchat

Beards are cool and good :colbert:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I DARE YOU TO SHAVE IT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah

Adbot