Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/809003930516496384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ace of Baes posted:

critique on where they were allocating resources was met with "there's people much smarter than you, with lots of data and algorithms, deciding these things".

The year of the media complaining about people ignoring experts capstoned by a bunch of "experts" being outwitted by the white Don King and the racist who owns the right to Seinfeld

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Majorian posted:

Tbf, that's a lot of what Trump did with her too.

That was definitely not what Trump's campaign was founded on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bushiz posted:

It's interesting because the poo poo in Texas probably helped flip some pretty important seats in Harris County. We have a DA and sherrif that aren't basing their entire law enforcement style on "more homeless people in prison" now, which is cool. Hell of a way to spend 1.2 billion tho.

Yea I wanna be really clear on this. Her plan of 'work on laying down game in Texas and other states like it' was actually really good. The Clinton campaign is basically why my county sucks a whole lot less in its criminal justice section now.

Her strategy of 'sink EVERYTHING into Texas and other states like it, and ignore loving MICHIGAN' is what's stupid.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol any more info on this that isnt fox news

Because 2016 spending its final days making GBS threads on Hillary is fukken great

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

docbeard posted:

I actually am. Hillary Clinton is many things, but I never would have put "idiot" on the list. (Then again, I doubt she had much to do with direct campaign strategy, so "person who hires idiots" is probably more accurate.)

I mean, not an idiot in the sense of a low IQ or anything. But in the sense of "terrible leader who surrounded herself with yes men who huffed their own farts"? Yeah.

Also I don't get how people can look at how she populated and ran her campaigns and still think she would have been a good president. A big part of being an executive is being able to surround yourself with competent people. And she has consistently failed at that. Why would her presidency have been any different?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

I mean, not an idiot in the sense of a low IQ or anything. But in the sense of "terrible leader who surrounded herself with yes men who huffed their own farts"? Yeah.

Also I don't get how people can look at how she populated and ran her campaigns and still think she would have been a good president. A big part of being an executive is being able to surround yourself with competent people. And she has consistently failed at that. Why would her presidency have been any different?

Yea I'm probably the biggest HRC apologist left on these forums but this is about a fair assessment. I think she's a very intelligent person, but she ran one of the dumbest major campaigns of the modern election ages and yea that's an indictment on her as a leader if she signed off on poo poo like 'signs? gently caress OFF LADY THE COMPUTER SAYS NO SIGNS'

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Agean90 posted:

Because 2016 spending its final days making GBS threads on Hillary is fukken great

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

the sig just got 400 pixels higher

i half way want to add a new rule that says sigs must not be more than 10,000 pixels tall just to encourage everyone to get 9,999 pixel tall sigs
but nooo i don't want to troll with forums rules lamo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Credit to Tatum, you are absolutely not the biggest HRC apologist on these forums or even ITT

half of D&D is still in "Clinton did nothing wrong and you are bad if you suggest she is flawed in any way" mode

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agean90 posted:

"More votes than voters" in a growing city has been a fake voter fraud talking point for years, because it generally doesn't account for new registrations. That's why Fox and Friends gave it their 15-second "here's a thing to sow doubt in your mind and now we won't talk about it again" hit-and-run that they're really good at.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely revising certain assessments in light of the evidence.

(Still would rather have her in than Trump. I mean, obviously.)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Excuse me she bleaches them, it is a very expensive process

my favorite part about that trump line is someone pointed out that it means he at some point paid ALOT of money to wipe computers

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Credit to Tatum, you are absolutely not the biggest HRC apologist on these forums or even ITT

half of D&D is still in "Clinton did nothing wrong and you are bad if you suggest she is flawed in any way" mode
really?

link because i'm not going there

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I joked when the first few articles about how Hillary hosed It All Up Jesus Christ came out that I could've run the campaign better. I'm not jokin' no more when I say I'm pretty sure I could've run the campaign better. Like, I'm pretty sure Baloogan could've run the campaign better.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

rudatron posted:

really?

The more tempermental ones are oddly silent since the articles been spammed across threads. Still haven't figured out how it's proof of a joint Russia/alt-right campaign.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/12/13/watch_samantha_bee_dissect_the_democratic_party_s_crisis_of_leadership_video.html

Samantha Bee Wants the Democratic Party to Embrace Identity Politics

:can:

:laugh:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The only real problem I have with focusing on Hillary's campaign mistakes is that they legit weren't the only things going on in the election, and I don't want to see our folks who run in 2020 all proud that they're doing, you know, actual campaigning all over the country only to be taken by surprise by things like voter suppression and Donald Trump not actually being a complete pushover on the campaign trail.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Politico piece reminded me of this Gawker article before it died I had forgotten about

http://gawker.com/dont-blow-this-1775111772

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I can't help but be reminded that Samantha Bee and her husband actually fought school integration in the Upper West Side whenever I see stories like this.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rudatron posted:

really?

I admit it's less about Clinton herself and more about clinging to third-way-ism, but this conversation from last week comes to mind

I tried saying "hey maybe economic justice and social justice aren't actually opposing forces at all" and this is the kind of stuff I saw

wait so what were they doing before

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In fairness, I do think that one of the smartest things that the economic justice wing of the left could do to get their point across is to start referring to class as an identity.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Also for her school to be whites only

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ace of Baes posted:

There's still a lot of Hillary supporters in denial, my network of volunteers/friends I made during the campaign basically split in the week following the election, one side recognizing that we lost because of bad campaign/msg/party, the other half still believing (or at least claiming), that Hillary only lost because racism/sexism/Russia/Comey.

One dude like 3 days after the election was telling me it was because DT wasn't a politician,and that dems could never run a politician, at least one with a history over a few years, again, because that's why Hillary lost.

hell even in cspam people refuse to admit that there were many, many reasons why hillary lost

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think the quieting down of the Hillarymen and the increased bravado of the farther left itt has a lot to do with the fact that every 48 hours we get a new article that says "remember that incredibly dumb thing the Clinton campaign did that we wrote a 2,000 word article about, 48 hours ago? The thing that made you think 'Jesus Christ there's nothing they could have done that was worse and dumber than this?' well guess what!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I agree we shouldn't abandon 'identity politics' and functionally let the right win in their campaign of pretending that stuff is inherently bad.

Can we maybe get this opinion from someone not literally fighting school integration?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

docbeard posted:

The only real problem I have with focusing on Hillary's campaign mistakes is that they legit weren't the only things going on in the election, and I don't want to see our folks who run in 2020 all proud that they're doing, you know, actual campaigning all over the country only to be taken by surprise by things like voter suppression and Donald Trump not actually being a complete pushover on the campaign trail.

It's really more about shaming the centerists into taking the backseat. We're all aware that voter suppression is a very realll thing the needs to be vehemently faught against, but it can't be done if the do-nothing whiners are still making decisions.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Bushiz posted:

Yeah I think the quieting down of the Hillarymen and the increased bravado of the farther left itt has a lot to do with the fact that every 48 hours we get a new article that says "remember that incredibly dumb thing the Clinton campaign did that we wrote a 2,000 word article about, 48 hours ago? The thing that made you think 'Jesus Christ there's nothing they could have done that was worse and dumber than this?' well guess what!"

Yeah the election's gone from a surprise to an inevitability after articles just keep coming out about how loving terrible that campaign was.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

hell even in cspam people refuse to admit that there were many, many reasons why hillary lost

While of course the various external factors are a matter of concern and any future Dem candidate will have to contend with some variation on most of them, none of them were insurmountable had Hillary been a better candidate and if her campaign bothered to do, apparently, anything at all.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

While of course the various external factors are a matter of concern and any future Dem candidate will have to contend with some variation on most of them, none of them were insurmountable had Hillary been a better candidate and if her campaign bothered to do, apparently, anything at all.

they mailed me a magnet once

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im surprised they didnt charge me for it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bushiz posted:

Yeah she is going to emerge from the woods with podesta in tow talking about how losing this year gives them the unique experience needed to defeat the Trump reelection as she has more experience than anyone running against Donald trump, and she is the only choice for 2020.

Either that or promising young female Democrats are going to start getting murdered. The only clue is a message scrawled in the victim's blood at every scene; "If I can't be the first female president, no one can!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hillary Clinton lost because the mods closed the USPol thread.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Every time somebody posts something about Samantha Bee or John Oliver I'm reminded of that Woody Allen bit Goetta posted a couple of days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxkVhDYog8

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hillary lost.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

"You don't tell your abuela how to court the electorate!" -- Hillary, upon hearing a suggestion that maybe they should send some people to Michigan

Similar to her freaking out about same-sex couples adopting children.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

docbeard posted:

In fairness, I do think that one of the smartest things that the economic justice wing of the left could do to get their point across is to start referring to class as an identity.

Yeah they need to stop drawing a line between the two as if they're mutually exclusive. It's a pretty tight relationship

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Serf posted:

I tried to get a Clinton lawn sign but they were like $25 on her website and jfc I ain't got time for that

So in the 08 campaign our motto was that campaign signs don't get votes, but not having them can lose them.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Did that article just link to another article proclaiming a victory for identity politics because of McCrory losing in North Carolina

An election he lost in part due to doubling down on his identity politics focused bathroom bill that cost North Carolina millions of dollars, outraging people who care about the state's economy

Do my eyes deceive me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

new kind of cat posted:

Yeah they need to stop drawing a line between the two as if they're mutually exclusive. It's a pretty tight relationship

Tell that to the ceterists. They're the ones who think corporations are now the bastions for social justice.

• Locked thread