Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

I have deadtears chart anyway. He's very thorough.

Are you adding it to the list of corps you'll never get into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Mandozer is a good and funny poster and has been since I first ran across him in cybernations over a decade ago and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

Are you adding it to the list of corps you'll never get into?

My goodposting qualifications aside. I'm a dutiful F1 monkey who gets lost without fleet warp.

Unlike the rest of PL. Israd are unironically elite pvp and every ship fit I ever wrote from scratch and presented to Flanders resulted in him rolling it up like a newspaper and whacking me on the head with it. I know and accept my limitations :wangpatriot:

At the same time I really don't fit in culturally with any aspect of PL. Not in the least.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

See you all act like it's jokes but you have that insufferable chill-good-dude-bro thing where it's all high-fives and fist-pounds and all the doors just fly open. Pooki has it too.

I don't. You just bit on like a halfway articulated shitpost.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm pretty sure me being let into PL was a penif troll to everyone else in PL and my personality just grew on everyone over time. I get along with most people there for the most part which is a refreshing change and mellowing out over the last year certainly hasn't hurt.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

At the same time I really don't fit in culturally with any aspect of PL. Not in the least.

I'm sure you know all about PL, (:nws:) "culturally" (:nws:).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 14, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

My goodposting qualifications aside. I'm a dutiful F1 monkey who gets lost without fleet warp.

Unlike the rest of PL. Israd are unironically elite pvp and every ship fit I ever wrote from scratch and presented to Flanders resulted in him rolling it up like a newspaper and whacking me on the head with it. I know and accept my limitations :wangpatriot:

Speak for yourself as someone with no clue. ISRAD is more humble than most of the F1 monkeys you speak of when you are actually inside. It's pretty tight knit and chill.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm pretty sure me being let into PL was a penif troll to everyone else in PL and my personality just grew on everyone over time. I get along with most people there for the most part which is a refreshing change and mellowing out over the last year certainly hasn't hurt.

Ah but the point stands! You guys can do the whole social thing. Being likeable and all that. I'm a neurotic mess and things turn to poo poo even with the best of intentions.

There's no starting over with anyone else. No putting my best foot forward. Goonfleet has the best people in all of Eve and they have seen me at my best and my worst. It's all out there but I have to do better and make it work.

Viva Miriya posted:

Speak for yourself as someone with no clue. ISRAD is more humble than most of the F1 monkeys you speak of when you are actually inside. It's pretty tight knit and chill.

I didn't mean elite in a bad way. Just really high standards for knowing the game and the ships and such. Like a whole corp of Flanders-es. But that's not for me.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 14, 2016

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Any time people refer to Lenny I assume they're actually talking about Lenny Lowcut

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

Get the gently caress out of my corp

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Get the gently caress out of my corp

who are you kaatje pls

Zephyrine posted:

Ah but the point stands! You guys can do the whole social thing. Being likeable and all that. I'm a neurotic mess and things turn to poo poo even with the best of intentions.

There's no starting over with anyone else. No putting my best foot forward. Goonfleet has the best people in all of Eve and they have seen me at my best and my worst. It's all out there but I have to do better and make it work.

I didn't mean elite in a bad way. Just really high standards for knowing the game and the ships and such. Like a whole corp of Flanders-es. But that's not for me.

we just require you to be able to rub two working brain cells together tbqh

e: Also you are definitely going to get back in by the way. Whenever The Mittani is bored of loving with you he'll probably go eh and give you a go. This whole pathetic lack of self worth and dignity is a surefire ticket to returning to the GOONFLEET so keep it going.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 14, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Viva Miriya posted:

who are you kaatje pls

yeah man don't mess with vice-penif

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

he'll forget about all this after another hour of ratting

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Viva Miriya posted:

we just require you to be able to rub two working brain cells together tbqh

One too many then. Anyway all the Israd guys I met when I was in horde were pretty nice. They had a very high representation among horde FCs and hosting activities/training for horde members. Salastil lent me a lot of support when things were pretty bad for me right after I left GSF. He was super nice.

But I really don't like PL itself. I don't like how most PL guys look at horde. I don't like how they treat their allies. I don't like the ironic racism/sexism.

I hate all the frat boy hazing in the recruitment forums. Where starry eyed new candidates put their whole Eve life on display and then get pounded into the ground and shat on. Then those same broken people return to do the same thing to new candidates a few months later.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 14, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

One too many then. Anyway all the Israd guys I met when I was in horde were pretty nice. They had a very high representation among horde FCs and hosting activities/training for horde members. Salastil lent me a lot of support when things were pretty bad for me right after I left GSF. He was super nice.

But I really don't like PL itself. I don't like how most PL guys look at horde. I don't like how they treat their allies. I don't like the ironic racism/sexism.

I hate all the frat boy hazing in the recruitment forums. Where starry eyed new candidates put their whole Eve life on display and get pounded into the ground and shat on. Then those same broken people return to do the same thing to new candidates a few months later.

Pounded in my rear end by Omnipotence itself, an EVE Online novella - Chuck Tingle

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

penifSMASH is a usurper and if not for Hairy Pooter absconding to the copper mines with the corp wallet (800m) while I was on a vision quest in the mountains for 3 months he would remain in his rightful place

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I must have missed whatever you seen but lets go through the first bit.

Zephyrine posted:

I hate all the frat boy hazing in the recruitment forums. Where starry eyed new candidates put their whole Eve life on display and then get pounded into the ground and shat on. Then those same broken people return to do the same thing to new candidates a few months later.

On Horde: No one fucks with the newbeans. I don't know what you think PL guys think of Horde but they're the newbies and we like them. If some mouthbreathing f1 pushing PL dude tried to poo poo on a hordeling he'd probably get cornholed by the grath telkin. Or by any of the PL dudes that actually hang around HORDE which isn't a small number. We like them.

Ironic Racism is something that also makes me uncomfortable when I see it and sexism is loving disturbing but I don't remember seeing it around. Then again I stick to israd not the rest of PL so I'm just probably not looking.

When you try to join PL you will be trolled, poorly. If you can't handle that by hazing whatever poo poo tier PL dude that's doing it you shouldn't be in anyway because you're just a weak personality. There's no purpose to it, it's just a thing that happens. If you can't keep dumb nerd bitches in check don't apply.

PL guys are human just like anyone else. I don't get why people look at us like we are God just because we are in. The ticker doesn't exempt anyone from being a horrible person at heart.

e: oh yeah almost forgot the allies.

Well if its NCdot I'm firmly in the gently caress THEM category but nonetheless they don't make the bluelist based on my thoughts. I've been gone for the better part of the year so I have no clue how the allies are treated it, let me turn you over to my comrade Ordo Garr for that analysis.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 14, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

I don't know if this really happens that much, go look at the ISRAD forum. A number of people ask really stupid questions, and the people actually responsible for recruitment ask good questions and are usually respectful.

The only threads I can see which got really bad were Dame Death (who tried to fight another player outside of a bar at an eve meet), and that dumb IWI banker who managed to lose a titan 4 hours after being accepted into PL.

The hazing culture was big in goonswarm for a long time, and the bullying is very real for any imagined "enemy" of the directorate - look at what's happened to you. In PL people aren't scared to say anything, as long as you don't bully people within the alliance. A few months ago I got yelled at by a director for being in a nyx while not being in the supercap usergroup; we subsequently made fun of him all night because it turns out that I was in a thanatos-class spacevessel.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

See you all act like it's jokes but you have that insufferable chill-good-dude-bro thing where it's all high-fives and fist-pounds and all the doors just fly open. Pooki has it too.

Having spent considerable time in pooki's presence if I had to list every adjective that described him chill dude bro wouldn't be on it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Most of the people that get hazed are blind apps that haven't talked to anyone and have no idea what PL is even about (playing Chivalry).

The rest are waffles that have no place in PL's recruitment forums (unless W-DIR).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

Most of the people that get hazed are blind apps that haven't talked to anyone and have no idea what PL is even about (playing Chivalry).

Who loving plays chivalry anymore dude?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Who loving plays chivalry anymore dude?

I mean, Chiv sounded better than #games game of the month week day "how I got divorced because of a steam sale" moment.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

heh

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

I don't know if this really happens that much, go look at the ISRAD forum. A number of people ask really stupid questions, and the people actually responsible for recruitment ask good questions and are usually respectful.

The only threads I can see which got really bad were Dame Death (who tried to fight another player outside of a bar at an eve meet), and that dumb IWI banker who managed to lose a titan 4 hours after being accepted into PL.

The hazing culture was big in goonswarm for a long time, and the bullying is very real for any imagined "enemy" of the directorate - look at what's happened to you. In PL people aren't scared to say anything, as long as you don't bully people within the alliance. A few months ago I got yelled at by a director for being in a nyx while not being in the supercap usergroup; we subsequently made fun of him all night because it turns out that I was in a thanatos-class spacevessel.

ISRAD tends to be the exception to everything above. Their recruitment would as far I saw be Eve based with Eve based follow up questions. Then penif no-nonsense commissaring people for smugging or such.

Viva Miriya posted:

On Horde: No one fucks with the newbeans. I don't know what you think PL guys think of Horde but they're the newbies and we like them. If some mouthbreathing f1 pushing PL dude tried to poo poo on a hordeling he'd probably get cornholed by the grath telkin. Or by any of the PL dudes that actually hang around HORDE which isn't a small number. We like them.

That distinction is sort of part of the problem. Horde are second class citizens. And yes when some PL guy mistreats a horde member. Grath shows up like batman and then both are gone the next moment. Between that there's a lot of "You don't have to interact with horde if you don't want to" A lot of emphasis is put on that PL members don't have to deal with or interact with horde. As opposed to "Get out there and teach them to Eve"

I can't help but draw comparisons to karmafleet where any day 1 snoobie stands on equal footing with a five year Waffe member.

Viva Miriya posted:

When you try to join PL you will be trolled, poorly. If you can't handle that by hazing whatever poo poo tier PL dude that's doing it you shouldn't be in anyway because you're just a weak personality. There's no purpose to it, it's just a thing that happens. If you can't keep dumb nerd bitches in check don't apply.

Well I don't like it. To me there are two groups to Eve. "Us" and "them". You take care of your own and treat them with respect. "Them" you destroy if you have the time. Mock them if you're busy. The PL recruitment forum is this bizarre middle ground where "us" and "them" mingle and some of "them" become us. Except first they're treated as "them" for a week or two. It's like goon recruitment scamming except every now and then the victim is recruited as well. Again this is about how things "feel" for me. I'm sure the whole proccess makes 100% sense from an inside frathouse point of view.

Viva Miriya posted:

oh yeah almost forgot the allies.

Well if its NCdot I'm firmly in the gently caress THEM category but nonetheless they don't make the bluelist based on my thoughts. I've been gone for the better part of the year so I have no clue how the allies are treated it, let me turn you over to my comrade Ordo Garr for that analysis.

NCdot is the last one I had in mind. I meant allies like test, CO2. The whole MBC. This whole middle area where people are allies for one fleet and then targets an hour later. Where NCdot are allies of PL and horde are allies of PL but NCdot camp horde ratters and trash talk horde in local and no one in PL tells them to stop with proper threats of violence. This whole slap & tickle triangle of vague alliances and no commitment.

The imperium had some pretty terrible allies but we took care of our allies because that was our responsibility. All the way until they betrayed us. Then we worked around them to take care of the other allies.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
there are allies, as in people you have actually said "we're allies" to, and then there are people who you work with to fight a mutual enemy

PL has never done something as douchey as temp-bluing someone and then shooting them after we've won the fight; AFAIK TEST and co2 agreed to be blue until GSF was booted out from the north, nothing more

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

there are allies, as in people you have actually said "we're allies" to, and then there are people who you work with to fight a mutual enemy

PL has never done something as douchey as temp-bluing someone and then shooting them after we've won the fight; AFAIK TEST and co2 agreed to be blue until GSF was booted out from the north, nothing more

Test were dropped multiple times by you just trying to get to you to help you in WWB. Granted test are a terrible group of people who deserve everything they have coming. But if that's how it's going to be then don't take them in at all.

And NCdot dropping supers on horde capitals with PL in range doing nothing. I try to imagine this Imperium parallel where FCON drops supers on karma fleet. And the only way it could end is with FCON backing down, paying reimbursements for what they destroyed or dying in a fire.

Again you don't have to take any offence to my reasoning. They are my reasons and they aren't supposed to make sense.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Test were dropped multiple times by you just trying to get to you to help you in WWB. Granted test are a terrible group of people who deserve everything they have coming. But if that's how it's going to be then don't take them in at all.

And NCdot dropping supers on horde capitals with PL in range doing nothing. I try to imagine this Imperium parallel where FCON drops supers on karma fleet. And the only way it could end is with FCON backing down, paying reimbursements for what they destroyed or dying in a fire.

Again you don't have to take any offence to my reasoning. They are my reasons and they aren't supposed to make sense.

uh i don't think we ever did this to test, provide a br

while NCdot wants to flex their supers, PL won't save NC supers if horde manages to kill them; NC has set horde blue, and it'll probably remain like this seeing as we gave them tribute

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Landsknecht posted:

uh i don't think we ever did this to test, provide a br

Huh? You guys dropped on their move op to come join the war

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4b4rab/rip_test_move_op/
https://zkillboard.com/related/30000200/201603192000/

I approve of shooting TEST in any and all forseeable circumstances but it is a thing that happened

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
We're now entirely convinced that the NETC has nothing to do with PL, so I anticipate no issue with us blowing up the entire loving thing while Suas rages and Lenny weeps. That's two out of the crew of four people who started the Casino War, nicely tied to one enterprise that has no fleets of its own.

At least we won't need to worry about PL defending these NETC shitpiles, so it's full speed ahead into formal campaign mode~

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And Chribba will shrug and go "didn't want those citadels anyway"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

imgay

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Xolve posted:

Most of the people that get hazed are blind apps that haven't talked to anyone and have no idea what PL is even about.

Exactly. As far as I remember, no person who ever talked to me (like the stickies say) before applying and who then went on to apply to Bat ever had any trouble getting in. I warn the people who won't succeed, beforehand, not to even try, and help the people who can succeed to avoid hassle (without doing their apps for them). When some no-hoper (defined as someone incapable of even reading the instructions) turns up out of the blue and impulse-posts with forced attempts to be funny then the best I can do is tell them early and publicly "no" because that heads off the worst of the responses from people who are offended at the idea of them even being in the alliance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:eyepoop:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

That distinction is sort of part of the problem. Horde are second class citizens. And yes when some PL guy mistreats a horde member. Grath shows up like batman and then both are gone the next moment. Between that there's a lot of "You don't have to interact with horde if you don't want to" A lot of emphasis is put on that PL members don't have to deal with or interact with horde. As opposed to "Get out there and teach them to Eve"

The fact that you would say this about an israd member in general, and dozer in particular, regarding their relationship and time spent with and on horde, shows that you have precisely zero knowledge on the subject. Although I am aware that you are saying it to inveigle yourself (horribly obviously) to wheedle your way back into gsf.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

PL won't save NC supers

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Yes, I'm absolutely convinced this is a real thing that is totally real. There's NO WAY that PL would expend any effort to save half of their super fleet.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
lets not pretend GSF has no hazing culture either, in fact i think its an important staple of any eve alliance

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

The fact that you would say this about an israd member in general, and dozer in particular, regarding their relationship and time spent with and on horde, shows that you have precisely zero knowledge on the subject.

I specifically excluded Israd and mentioned their high participation with horde events. What are you on about?

Endie posted:

Although I am aware that you are saying it to inveigle yourself (horribly obviously) to wheedle your way back into gsf.

You used to be such an elegant, silver tongued charmer. Whenever you get the fangs out I always imagine this scene.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 15, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

no poo poo, one is a small alliance of a few-hundred tightly-knit veteran players, and the other is a no-api-required 10k character blob

don't join horde and expect to suddenly be an equal member of PL

also I mean karmafleet exists, where you have req'd paplinks and are totally a 2nd-class citizen

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Landsknecht posted:

no poo poo, one is a small alliance of a few-hundred tightly-knit veteran players, and the other is a no-api-required 10k character blob

also I mean karmafleet exists, where you have req'd paplinks and are totally a 2nd-class citizen

Most corporations have required paplinks. But KF aren't second class citizens anymore, that's ASCEE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

A blob of people mind you.

Landsknecht posted:

I wouldn't dream of it massa.

Landsknecht posted:

Oh yes one pap per month

• Locked thread