Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

asymmetrical posted:

So, pending the game telling us otherwise, that ending was at least a not-everyone-dies ending! Good job team!

There is still the random explosion from last ending what we don't know the cause of. Also, rewatched the credits, the exact words used are "What's that? Are you kidding me?".

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I sure hope there's not a grate or something at the end of the pipe because holy poo poo that would be an awful way to go.

Not as bad as being mind fried I guess but still pretty drat bad

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think I know what Watase ran into:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Endless Despair: 09/16/2030, 15:06

♪ BGM: Memento Mori

But now-- He stood frozen in the middle of that flooded pipe.

(... poo poo...!)

There was something blocking his path. It was too dark for him to make it out. But he could already tell what it was. It was the ''forced circulation pump'' that'd been on the blueprint. --But he'd never expected it to completely block the inside of the pipe!

(Why!? I can't have come all this way for nothing!)

Watase punched the pump. It was hard and didn't budge an inch-- just like the bulkhead. It didn't seem like something that human strength alone could deal with.

(Dammit! Break! Break! I can make it to the lake if I can get rid of this damned thing! Then I can save everyone!!)

Watase kept on desperately punching it, but his blows had little strength under the water. It soon grew painful for him to breathe.

(Crap...!)

There was still enough air in the air tank, but exerting his strength in 53 degree Celsius water was doing a real number on his heart and lungs. Despair rapidly overwhelmed him. His head was boiling from all the heat entrapped in the protection suit. If he stayed there, he'd only be ticking down the time to his death.

(Goddammit...!!)

Watase kicked the pump-- Then began going back the way he came.

Watase took off the faceplate once he got out of the boiling water. He then climbed onto the pipe, and descended the ladder.

Watase turned around to find Kazami running towards him.

You're back already!?
...I'm sorry...! There was an obstruction in the pipe... I couldn't even make it to Lake Rokumei...!
--! Could we use the engine cutter or something to destroy that obstruction...?
The pipe's full of water. I don't think you can use the engine cutter underwater. I doubt it can even be destroyed through human strength to begin with...
We have to find another escape route...!
But there are no other ways...
...Let's try starting all over from the beginning. We'll think of a way to open the bulkhead by Area 2's emergency staircase...

That couldn't even be called a plan. But they had no other options. Kazami just silently nodded. Watase took off his protection suit and picked up Natsuhiko.

...Tachibana, let's go.
Yes...

Kazami followed suit by picking up Salyu, and they left the room. According to Watase's watch, it was currently ''3:09 PM''. Only seven minutes left until their AD wore off--. Watase and Kazami's steps were weighed down by the heavy chains of despair.

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

The bulkhead was still closed. Absolutely nothing had changed.

...Think it's possible to destroy the walls around it?

Kazami, still carrying Salyu on her back, pondered Watase's question.

It would probably be difficult... we should operate under the assumption that the walls are made from the same material as the bulkhead. If they weren't, then the Commander and the others would have already blasted their way through them long ago.
I see... then maybe the ceiling is--

But before Watase could finish his sentence--

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

!?
A-a blackout!?

It seemed the facility's power was out. Watase and Kazami looked around in confusion as a mechanical voice suddenly rang out.

Automatic PA: --Main and backup power supplies offline. Now switching to emergency power.
...!

The lights came back on in coordination with that voice.

Wh-what was that...? Why did the main power go out now of all times...?

Watase turned to Kazami to ask her this-- Then gasped.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Metamorphosis

♪ BGM: Pose the Question to this World

Ghh!
Wha...!?

Watase was struck speechless by what he was seeing. Salyu's slender arms were wrapped around Kazami's neck like a snake strangling its prey--!

Ack, aaah...

Kazami gasped painfully for air as Salyu glared at Watase from behind her.

Release Natsuhiko. Or else I'll choke this woman to death.
Stop it, Salyu! We're just trying to save you guys! Why can't you understand that!?
I thought I told you to stop telling such transparent lies. You think you can trick me after you shot Natsuhiko?
--!?

Those words shot straight through Watase's heart.

Wha... Wait, what did you say...!?
You didn't know, woman?
You're lying... right...? The Captain would never do anything like that... right...?

Watase had no recollection of shooting Natsuhiko. However--

--He had memories that he couldn't explain. Watase just stood there at a total loss for an answer. Salyu then whispered into Kazami's ear.

If you don't know, then I'll tell you. This man is a terrorist. He attacked us last night and this morning as well. Everything that's happening here is all his fault. Even you should have questioned that idea several times.
Stop... it...! I don't... want to hear... any more...! I trust the Captain...
Then take a close look at what's in that man's pocket.

--the gun that Watase had picked up in Area N.

That gun probably belonged to this man to begin with. He used it to shoot Natsuh--

But at that moment,

--I SAID STOP!

Kazami screamed and violently shook Salyu off her.

Salyu's body was sent flying backwards. She then landed on the staircase--

Ah...!

All Watase could do was watch the whole thing from beginning to end. Salyu proceeded to tumble down the staircase. She finally stopped at the landing of the stairs at B1. She wasn't budging an inch.

--Salyu!

But luckily, she did not display any injuries such as bone fractures, and her pulse and breathing were stable as well. Watase breathed a sigh of relief-- just as Kazami came walking down the staircase on shaky feet.

Captain... is she...?

Her face was deadly pale. She looked really shaken up.

It's okay, she's just passed out.
I-I see...

Kazami's body was trembling. She then looked to Watase. --With eyes full of fear.

Tachibana...?

Kazami was acting weirdly. She then wrapped her arms around her body as if she were trying to hold herself back.

Captain, I...

She suddenly stopped talking as quickly as she'd begun.

...What's wrong?

She didn't answer him. All she did was stare at him carefully. Anxiety welled up in Watase's heart.

...Tachibana, why... why are you looking at me like that? Wait, you don't believe what Salyu said, do you? It's ridiculous! There's no way in hell I could be a terrorist! I don't care if I have amnesia, I'm -sure- of that! You guys know better than anyone else that I've been a rescue worker for ages, don't you!?

Kazami didn't answer. Watase's anxiety only grew worse. Soon enough-- she began talking in a quiet voice as if attempting to rid herself of her fear.

...Captain, may I ask you just one question?
...What is it?
This mystery has been on my mind for a long time... Captain, why was it that you went down to the basement at 6:42 AM, shortly after this accident occurred?
That's-- I told you guys, that's because Dojima and Hiyama called for me on their radio...
So what you're saying is that your radio could receive transmissions then, correct? But... but you know... I personally tried to reach you on your radio just a few minutes before that...!
...!

Watase felt his insides freeze over. Now that she mentioned it, Kazami had said something to that effect way back. ''At 6:35 AM, radio communication with Watase had suddenly ceased''. --There was an inconsistency with those words. Which meant--

Why was it that Dojima and Hiyama's transmission got through to your radio, yet mine did not...? Did you make it... so that my transmissions weren't received for some reason...? So that you could sneak off during a lifesaving mission and do something else?
H-hey-- how long have you been thinking that?
Ever since you said you 'got some of your memories back'... when you told us why you went down to the basement. But I didn't say anything... because I trusted you... I figured that time discrepancy was just you remembering the time incorrectly...!

Kazami lowered her eyes and continued in a shaky voice.

I... I tried as hard as I could to trust you. I've trusted you for as long as I can remember. I just... can't trust you anymore.
T-Tachibana...?

Just as she said that-- Kazami's face and tone of voice changed.

...I just can't do it, Watase. If what Ms. Sannomiya said was true, then everything fits. When I think of this facility's true nature and the past you... I realize that there's only one answer.
What are you saying!?
...If you are a murderer... Then the least I can do is preserve your good name...!

Kazami reached for a fire extinguisher stationed next to the emergency staircase.

Wha... what are you going to do with that thing...?

Kazami didn't answer. Instead, she started talking again with a voice full of lament.

You went down the wrong path, Watase... Now it's time for you to receive your punishment for that choice.

And a second later,

!?

♪ BGM: Abyss

Gwaagh!!

Watase immediately blocked it with his arm. His bones creaked beneath the force of Kazami's merciless assault.

St-stop! Why are you doing this!?
Watase... I'm so sorry, Watase... This is the only thing... I can do for you now...

(Why's this happening to Tachibana too!?)

Watase shuddered, then promptly thrust Kazami away.

Kyah!

She fell on the staircase with the fire extinguisher still in hand. Watase took that chance to rush down to B1 and dash out of the stairwell.

He was worried about Salyu too, especially since she was still lying unconscious in the stairwell. But it was all he could do to try to take Natsuhiko to a safe place.

Dammit! What the hell's going on!?

He and Kazami had been seeing each other heart to heart just a short while ago. They had been trusting each other. So why—-!?

(Was it all just wishful thinking on my part!?)

But the pain in his arm from Kazami's attack was all too real. It ached painfully with every vibration that came passing through him from the effort of running. As if to remind him of that harsh reality.

But he heard footsteps coming down from just up ahead.

(Who's there!?)

No sooner had he thought that than did he see Jun heading in his direction.

She was still holding the engine cutter in her hands--

!!

Watase turned around and ran for it.

He was panting. His whole body hurt like mad. But just as he felt he could run no more-- A dry sound reached his ears.

Gah!

Watase fell to the ground. His abdomen was hot. That heat soon warped into agony. He'd been shot in his flank.

...!

Watase looked around as he pressed his hand against his abdomen. He couldn't see anyone, but he could hear a voice coming from somewhere.

O... old man...!?
Oh, that looks like it really hurts. Then I'll bring you to rest right away as one last act of mercy.

Watase stood up before Ukita finished talking. He reaffirmed his grip on Natsuhiko and started running again. All while blood was pouring from his flank. Fortunately, the bullet had apparently missed any organs. But the pain of the gunshot wound was great, and the bleeding just wouldn't stop.

poo poo... poo poo...!

Watase ran as he looked for a safe place. Before long-- he saw it.

The only way to get past the gate that lay at the end was with the ''Lv. N'' card that Watase had!

Uw... Uwooooooooh!

Watase screamed and spurred himself onwards. He then made a break for Area N.

A strange sensation ran through him and his fingertips convulsed, most likely due to the effects of the WX particles. But Watase endured them.

(I'm the only one with a Level N card... Which means I can shake them off if I close the gate!)

But at that moment, he looked back at the open gate,

(!!)

Her glare pierced Watase. And then-- She made a mad dash straight for Watase!

C'mon, close! Hurry up!

The gate started to slowly shut. But it wouldn't be fast enough. Kazami ran through the open gate,

Gagh!!

Sparks filled Watase's vision. His body shook left and right as he lost all sense of balance.

(Sh—she's gonna kill me if I don't do something...! And if I die now... then Natsuhiko will also be in danger!)

Those thoughts held Watase's splintering consciousness in place. He then mustered the last of his strength--

AAAAAAAAAH!

And pushed Kazami right out of Area N.

Ghh!

Kazami grunted at almost the exact same moment that the gate finished shutting.

Watase! Wataseee! OPEN THE GATE, WATASE!

Watase's headache and convulsions were growing more and more intense.

(--Did the AD wear off!?)

All strength left him the moment he thought that.

!

He suddenly felt faint. Watase tried to fight off that feeling--

The floor was growing closer and closer. Crap-- I'm falling! Watase felt Natsuhiko's weight vanish from his back at the same time he fell. It seemed the force had flung him to the side. But there was no longer anything Watase could do about that.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 13, 2016

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

Logicblade posted:

Oh... now I look at that diagram, there's probably a giant rear end pump in the way of the drainage pipe. So much for your brilliant plan Watase.

10 points for Logicblade, and 0 for me for assuming credits meant the path was over!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It seems everyone who touches Salyu gets enraged. Watase had that happen to him here and in the previous ending, same thing with Kazami.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait. I just realized.

Watase sounds like the Japanese word watashi, which roughly means "I". Either that's a pun, I reading to far into things or it's foreshadowing.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 14, 2016

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

TheMcD posted:

If you don't know, then I'll tell you. This man is a terrorist. He attacked us last night and this morning as well. Everything that's happening here is all his fault. Even you should have questioned that idea several times.

Well, this is some highly suspicious new information about the activities of our protagonist.

TheMcD posted:

...Captain, may I ask you just one question?
...What is it?
This mystery has been on my mind for a long time... Captain, why was it that you went down to the basement at 6:42 AM, shortly after this accident occurred?
That's-- I told you guys, that's because Dojima and Hiyama called for me on their radio...
So what you're saying is that your radio could receive transmissions then, correct? But... but you know... I personally tried to reach you on your radio just a few minutes before that...!
...!

Watase felt his insides freeze over. Now that she mentioned it, Kazami had said something to that effect way back. ''At 6:35 AM, radio communication with Watase had suddenly ceased''. --There was an inconsistency with those words. Which meant--

Why was it that Dojima and Hiyama's transmission got through to your radio, yet mine did not...? Did you make it... so that my transmissions weren't received for some reason...? So that you could sneak off during a lifesaving mission and do something else?

Well, we already knew this from the beginning, but dropping everything to help your men with their secret mission is different from actively ignoring your other teammates sometime before you got the call.

EDIT:

Junpei posted:

Wait. I just realized.

Watase sounds like the Japanese word watashi, which roughly means "I". Either that's a pun, I reading to far into things or it's foreshadowing. McD, can you confirm either of those three?

That is not something McD can or should answer. Given Watase's recurrent identity discord, even saying you're reading too far may reval the absence of a plot point we are all expecting to some degree. It's one thing to speculate, but asking the OP to confirm it is just rude to the rest of us.

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 14, 2016

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Junpei posted:

Watase sounds like the Japanese word watashi, which roughly means "I". Either that's a pun, I reading to far into things or it's foreshadowing. McD, can you confirm either of those three?

For what it's worth, "Watase" and "watashi" are written with completely different kanji. Also "watashi" isn't the pronoun Watase uses to refer to himself - he uses "ore" instead, which is fairly normal for adult men in leadership positions.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sorry. I just realized that they sound similar (at least to an English speaker with scattered Japanese knowledge scrounged up from anime, video games and Google Translate).

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
This is the main thing I mentioned earlier that I was surprised no one picked up on. Kazami briefly touched on it during Normal End, but it was kind of overshadowed by the rest of the path.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Cyouni posted:

This is the main thing I mentioned earlier that I was surprised no one picked up on. Kazami briefly touched on it during Normal End, but it was kind of overshadowed by the rest of the path.

To be perfectly honest, by that point Watase's beliefs about what happened were so riddled with flaws, contradictions and speculation that she could have been talking about anything.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

The beginning and the end - 09/16/2030, 15:15

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

The sights and mysteries he'd witnessed up until that point flickered before his mind's eye.

He wasn't even sure of that anymore.

(But if it was real... then what the hell happened here...? Where'd Yuuri's body go...?)

Kazami, Jun, Ena, Ukita-- and Yuuri. The faces of all those people who Watase had met up until that point materialized in his brain.

(... No, that's not all. What happened to the 9th survivor... Where's ''Mashiro Toba''...?)

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

That sound appeared to be coming from somewhere closer.

(It... it can't be...!)

Watase forced his eyes open and looked that way.

♪ BGM: The Brave Decision

-He- was standing there.

Why had he woken up so suddenly? Why was he glaring at Watase?

The boy then spoke to him.

None of this is over yet...!

Watase's consciousness faded into darkness.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Epilogue: 09/16/2030, 15:16

♪ BGM: Anxious Times of Rokumei City

--At the same time... LABO entrance hall, surface--

???: --So you're back now, Dr. Tenkawa?
Yes. What's the situation?

A conversation was underway.

???: The readings are already decreasing.
I see... So only three more hours to go, huh?

A man asked the woman wearing a white lab coat a question.

???: ...Do you think those two are still alive?
We can only hope so.
???: Roger that. Then we'll remain on standby.

The men in protection suits then dispersed throughout the facility. A great number of men with the same equipment were squirming about the entrance hall. A man who was being held back at the entrance to the facility started shouting.

Commander: Don't give me that bullcrap! What do you mean we're not even allowed in the surface floors!?
???: The surface floors have already been evacuated! Please wait until the bulkheads open up!

As the woman listened to that noisy argument from a distance, she turned her eyes deeper toward the facility. Specifically, she was looking at a shut bulkhead.

There wasn't a soul there who could tell what emotions lay hidden in her eyes. She just said nothing and continued to stare at the bulkhead. --And far beyond that shut bulkhead... In the depths of the facility--

In a long forgotten place in a corner of the vast facility—-

--lay a girl who was bleeding out. Her life was faint, and her consciousness was on the brink of fading. A faint voice passed through her barely moving lips.

...Natsu... hiko.

However, her words fell on no ears-- But dissolved into the darkness instead.

...alright, so we've finally come to the end of Route After. And what an ending it is. Now, before I go on, please watch the preview video posted above.

...go on, watch it.

...you watch it? Good.

VOTING

Now, we have three ways we can continue this LP. First off, we could jump right into Route Before. Secondly, we could stay in Route After, and I would show off all the bad ends. Thirdly, we could stay in Route After, and I would show off the friendship scenes for Kazami and Ena. I'm going to do all three of those eventually, this is just a matter of preference. I don't know about you, but that preview video has me hyped to get into Route Before, but full disclosure - Route Before is slow as hell to get going. It talks about peaceful days, and we get to see those peaceful days, too. It gets slice of life as gently caress at times, and it's quite a jarring shift from the insanity we just went through. However, it also brings a lot of interesting new information about Rokumei City, Beyond Communication, and the characters we've known for so long, albeit know so little about. But really, the choice is yours. Vote for one of the following:

A) Jump into Route Before right away.

B1) Stay in Route After, show off remaining bad ends.

B2) Stay in Route After, show off Kazami's and Ena's friendship scenes.

Note that the votes for B1 and B2 will be combined and put against A for deciding whether to go to Route Before or stay in Route After. Then B1 and B2 would be compared to see which we do first. The plan is for voting to continue through Thursday - so definitely no update on Thursday, yes, I know, I should be hanged - and for me to start recording the footage and making the updates for whatever you choose on Friday. Jury's out on whether I'll get something out on Friday too... well, knowing me, I'll probably stay up until like 2 AM and knock out enough chapters to last me until next weekend or something. We'll see.

Also, for reference, here's our playing log after reaching this ending for Route After.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 28, 2017

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

I'll vote for A, moving on to Root B straight away. Simply because we know we'll get new information in Root B, whereas we might not get that in the friendship and bad ending scenes in Root A.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

HydroSphere posted:

I'll vote for A, moving on to Root B straight away. Simply because we know we'll get new information in Root B, whereas we might not get that in the friendship and bad ending scenes in Root A.

This sounds good.

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
I'll vote for B1 because I want to see more insane deaths.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

HydroSphere posted:

Yup. A change of pace is nice.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I'm going to vote for B2. It's really jarring to jump into Root B, which in my opinion makes it a better leadup to Root A. Better to minimize the discord.

Root B is a background route that takes a while to get going, with some exceptions. Early on, though, Root B is slooooooow. Interesting, but slow.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
B1, because I'd rather see the loose ends of this route finished while it's still fresh in our minds.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

jaclynhyde posted:

B1, because I'd rather see the loose ends of this route finished while it's still fresh in our minds.

I agree with this sentiment, although I'm going to vote for B2 in this case.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I kind of want to vote for B1 and B2, I'd like to see the loose ends cleared up before we charge on down to the before route. Sorry Natsuhiko, your slice of life comedy can wait. >_>

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Logicblade posted:

I kind of want to vote for B1 and B2, I'd like to see the loose ends cleared up before we charge on down to the before route. Sorry Natsuhiko, your slice of life comedy can wait. >_>

B votes combined winning against A means we're staying in Route After until we clear out both the bad ends and the friendship scenes. B1 and B2 only decide which one of the two we do first.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

HydroSphere posted:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
My vote goes to B2, if only because we know these people will try to kill us later, so let's be friends :v:

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Also gonna vote for B2.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm going to vote A because seriously, "spend more time with the characters we know so well"? We don't know poo poo about any of these characters! Ukita never told us anything about his work, Ena claims to be a teacher and clearly isn't at LABO in that role, the kids are just packaged anime mystery, and Watase is as much a blank slate now as when he started.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm voting B1, because we really need to see Watase die some more.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Just posting to say I'll abstain, I don't really care where we're going as long as we get there :v:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Do B2 then B1.

You don't have to show all the bits leading up to the friendship scenes either to save space. Just point out in the text what chapter they happen in.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

B1.

Although, if the issue is that Route Before is slow and takes a while to start, could we maybe just intersperse Route Before updates with the B1 and B2 content? Maybe that'd help pace it better, or maybe that'd just confuse us further...eh.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
B2 because it'll probably be smoother to unlock the epilogues for Kazami and others before we end this game and not have to go back. I don't care as much for the bad ends, but the epilogues would be nice even if they aren't with Best Buddy Jun (she saw the error in her ways in both routes and only pushed us away to keep us safe).

Onto more interesting news, in order:
Natsuhiko is confirmed not on our side.
Area N leads to the Verdant Underground, where presumably the subjects are kept in something resembling comfort, and where our two BC commissioners are lying dead.
One of Watase's men (blue armband) is said to have 'collapsed before reaching their goal', as opposed to the other, who appears to have had a 'most unnatural death'.
Elevator Girl is said to have been the victim of malice (could just be a way of referring to her murder, but I can't help but feel this is a reference to something more).
Mashiro Toba in some 'forgotten corner' and appears to be the one guiding us (never mind her voice, because we can guess Natsuhiko would never give us the time of day).
So everything was peaceful until Ukita somehow hosed it all by crashing. Good to know.
Two interesting things: Yuuri was friends with Nat outside LABO (always believed up until now she was in LABO from a very early age) and 'Communicator Trainees' is shown before their faces. Was their 'observation' disguised as a low level sort of testing/teaching (could that be how Ena enters the picture)?
Louise confirmed Mysterious Transfer Student.
Ukita is Nat's neighbour, trying to warn him away. Fits with Ukita's perception of how he was trying to help them.
The kids BC powers only just beginning to emerge, along with Nat's memories of LABO.
A Pair(?) of goons, one (blue hoodie) with a gun, while White Hoodie, while his face isn't clear, what we see of his hair is reminiscent of Watase, minus the odd white hairs. Salyu mentioned being attacked last night...
Louise looking like she kicked rear end.
Something happened at LABO at 6:19. 6:19, 6:35, 6:42....
"Even if what awaits them there is a cruel truth" Yuuri looking angry....
"I swear I'll save you. I will rewind your time as many times as it takes to do that."

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Nthing B2 here. Not a lot of new information to be had but whatever new information will probably be more relevant now than later.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Gonna vote A. Never been a fan of bad end collecting, and having played the game I also didn't think the beginning of Route B was as slow as you're making it out to be.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
B2, I like wrapping things up and not leaving loose ends.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
While I agree that the friendship scenes should be first, I actually think it would be better to combine the route Before and the bad endings of After in some way.

As it was mentioned some parts are really slow so it would only be a positive thing to put some funny bad ends in the middle of some of slower Before route updates were you might think nothing really important happened.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I vote for B2, but if A wins I'd also be fine with showing them between early Route Before updates.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

The results are in!

code:
A - Route Before: IIIIII
B - B Total:      IIIIIIIIIIIIII

B1 - Bad Ends:    IIIII
B2 - Friendship:  IIIIIIIII
Now, on to recording.

EDIT: The recording is finished through Chapter 3. Now I realize that it's just way too convenient to knock off the bad ends while picking up the friendship scenes, so I'll just be posting both of them as I came across them. So it won't be something like "Kazami's friendship scenes, then Ena's friendship scenes, then bad ends", but more "one bad end, a Kazami scene, a bad end, an Ena scene, a Kazami scene, a bad end, another bad end...". I don't think you'll mind all that much.

EDIT AGAIN:

code:
Bad 01: The Reckless - RECORDED
Bad 02: The Careless - POSTED
Bad 03: The Overeager Martyr - RECORDED
Bad 04: The Misguided - RECORDED
Bad 05: The Coward - POSTED
Bad 06: The Fallen - RECORDED
Bad 07: The Egoless - RECORDED
Bad 08: The Wanderer - POSTED
Bad 09: ? ? ? ? ?
Bad 10: ? ? ? ? ?
Bad 11: ? ? ? ? ?
Bad 12: The Doubter - POSTED
Bad 13: The Conceited - RECORDED
Bad 14: The Deserter - POSTED
Bad 15: The Fainthearted - POSTED
Bad 16: ? ? ? ? ?
Bad 17: The Unknowing - POSTED

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Overeagerness

Alright, the people have spoken:

code:
A - Route Before: IIIIII
B - B Total:      IIIIIIIIIIIIII

B1 - Bad Ends:    IIIII
B2 - Friendship:  IIIIIIIII
This would mean that we're going to be going back through Route After again, this time going for the friendship scenes with Kazami and Ena. However, as with many things in my LPs, I only realize later that my plan wasn't all that smart. It's very easy to just pick off bad ends while playing through the game, so I've got a whole bunch of them recorded too. As such, we're not going to focus on friendship scenes and then go through bad ends, but will just go through the game again, picking things off as we go, be they friendship scenes or bad ends.

So, back into Route After it is. As you can see, we've gotten about half of the available endings, though it's not entirely accurate - the game thinks we've seen one ending that we actually haven't. I know this to be the case because the ending log tells me which endings it thinks we've seen and which we haven't, and the one ending I haven't posted is one that was impossible for us to get because we never saw the scene you can get it from. Anyway, off we go, this time with a whole lot of skipping.

Our first diversion takes us back to First Impression. Watase wants to rush into the flames to save Yuuri, but Jun insists that she take care of it instead. When we first went through this part, we trusted Jun, and everything turned out fine.

But what if we did things differently? This, by the way, is ''Answer Mode''. It's unlocked by getting the ending for Route After we just did, and it allows you to see different settings which will lead to different results. So here, there are two possibilities - Answer 1, which is trusting Jun, and Answer 2, which is...

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

No, leave this to me!

Quickly gave this reply.

This brings up the red branch. Of course, we're sticking with what we're doing.

(...!!)
Ah geez, this is why we told you to rest! You're just gonna get in the way if you can't even walk straight!

And thus, the decision is made.

(I'll save her!)

The man ran into the blazing room, his heart filled with determination.

But he was halted the moment he made it inside. Searing waves of heat barred his path.

At that moment, he heard a voice right next to him.

What the heck are you doing, Captain!?

The woman who'd tried to warn him had followed him into the room without him even noticing.

Uh, w-well, I, umm...

But before he could finish his sentence--

Agh, hot!

He felt an intense heat on his head. And a second later, a horrible stench filled his nose.

(My hair's on fire!?)

That caused the man to fly into a panic.

Uwaah! Aaaah! poo poo! poo poo!

The man frantically swatted at his head in an attempt to put out the fire.

Captain, why're you acting like a total greenhorn...!? Lieutenant, something's wrong with the captain!
I'm about to provide backup with the hose--!

The woman's voice echoing from outside the room was soon replaced with the roar of the hose.

But the fire engulfing the man's head didn't go out, driving him to desperation.

Goddammit! Go away, go away!

All thoughts of saving the girl had vanished from his mind. With no idea of what to do, he tried to put out the fire by directly bathing himself in the hose's water. But the moment he walked into the jetstream's path--

Its sheer force knocked him backwards.

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

The man fell face up, the back of his head slamming onto the floor.

Ghh...

♪ BGM: Memento Mori

Aah! Captain!

He heard someone's voice from far away.

Captain, why did...!?

That voice too quickly faded away.

(Wh-what the hell is this... is -this- how it ends? How... pathe...--)

• Locked thread