Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
can we get a quarantine on SFP and contain it in just its thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

If you really want answers, go to the SFP thread with these questions.

Come to think of it, I don't.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
In a desperate attempt to return to K6BD and not lovely Female Protagonist, here's Maya as a wee lass and her terrible drunk master.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Still better than the Zaid argument.

Less better than Cio being spectacularly gay, though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SunAndSpring posted:

In a desperate attempt to return to K6BD and not lovely Female Protagonist, here's Maya as a wee lass and her terrible drunk master.

oh that's a neat naming scheme. It's like, "trained by" right?

Maya trained by Meti trained by Ryo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mazerunner posted:

oh that's a neat naming scheme. It's like, "trained by" right?

Maya trained by Meti trained by Ryo

Ryo-tem-Ryam trained Meti, before getting mutilated by her for making sexual advances. No word as to who Ryam-tem-? was, or was trained by.

It's cool, because a thing I've heard higher level martial artists say before is they talk about like who their trainer was trained by, and who they were trained by in turn. It's sort of a way of establishing your legitimacy, pointing to the pedigree of who trained you. I wonder if Operant is familiar with that principle.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Yup.

Also looks like the busted sword Mathangi uses is her master's blade.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gotta love a philosopher whos doctrine breaks down to "dont be a loving idiot, but if you really must be an idiot then at least excel at it"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
allison is the best, cio is the best, this comic is the best, welcome back thread

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

SunAndSpring posted:

Yup.

Assuming, of course, that it was ever whole when Meti used it.

This is Meti we're talking about, after all.

Also, little Maya is adorable and is very reminiscent of Nyave.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I really want to see the conversation Nyave and White Chain are going to have.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Still better than the Zaid argument.

Less better than Cio being spectacularly gay, though.

Hey, it wasn't Cio who got a great big splash panel with lilies in the background.

Looks like K6BD has found a new way to be incredibly anime.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

theshim posted:

Assuming, of course, that it was ever whole when Meti used it.

This is Meti we're talking about, after all.

Also, little Maya is adorable and is very reminiscent of Nyave.

I was thinking of Connie from Steven Universe.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Yup.

I love this page because of how Mathangi harrumphs at 6 Juggernaut Star's garbage swordsmanship. Took me a while to catch that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh poo poo, Cio's got ghost hands! :v:

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I love this page because of how Mathangi harrumphs at 6 Juggernaut Star's garbage swordsmanship. Took me a while to catch that.

Obviously it's not clear what Mathangi's motivation is in general, kind of looks like she was planning on following Alison but finally got so annoyed with this spiky nerd she just had to go and wreck him first

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
saying any of the characters are my favourite feels kind of asinine since we've established they're all my favourite but mathangi is one of my favourites too

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Magnus Manfist posted:

Obviously it's not clear what Mathangi's motivation is in general, kind of looks like she was planning on following Alison but finally got so annoyed with this spiky nerd she just had to go and wreck him first
I assume her motivation is buried back behind six drinks and the fact she not so secretly enjoys cutting things

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Magnus Manfist posted:

That's basically what I'm saying. 6 was wielding those swords like an angry Cessna, Mathangi simply couldn't help but show him how a proper swordsman fights.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I also wanna see Nyave have a conversation with White Chain but I am also so excited about how gay the comic is getting (extremely gay)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

That's basically what I'm saying. 6 was wielding those swords like an angry Cessna, Mathangi simply couldn't help but show him how a proper swordsman fights.

Juggernaut wasn't even using swords, he was chopping those guys up with his bare hands.

Of course, consider: there is no such thing as a sword.

Nevertheless, Maya was probably more annoyed at his constant noisy rampage than the finesse thereof.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Maybe she was just like everyone else in that room - she just had to fight the spiky metal angel.

Assuming any of them even survived the blast, Allison doesn't need to worry about the pursuers much. She could just post a few wanted-style posters of herself around and any time they caught sight of them, they'd launch into another frenzy of murdering each other.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

ThaumPenguin posted:

One of the best things about K6BD are all the small details you catch on rereads. Nadia's crown flickering when she hesitates is a nice touch. You won't cut God like that. http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-119/

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Maybe she was just like everyone else in that room - she just had to fight the spiky metal angel.

Assuming any of them even survived the blast, Allison doesn't need to worry about the pursuers much. She could just post a few wanted-style posters of herself around and any time they caught sight of them, they'd launch into another frenzy of murdering each other.

I'm sure plenty of them survived. At least the stalwarts like Eris Lo-kai, Maya, Hrotomos, Monkey and everyone's favorite YNGSVLD.

I imagine a couple of Mottom's guards will tag along too. They'll be back up to 108 strong in no time.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm very worried for Layla Brimstone

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Did bunnygirl and panicky swordgirl survive Juggernaut's vicious attack? We may never know.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I really really hope that the Pursuers didn't all get blasted by Juggernaut Nova, because I want them to keep cropping up at intervals looking increasingly badass/ragged as they rage through the cosmos.

Like I hope we get a sweet heist arc here with them trying to steal Zaid from Mammon and they pull the whole thing off perfectly, they're sneaking out and no one knows and then the giant loving baby blows through the wall again and everything goes bananas.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mile'ionaha posted:

I was thinking of Connie from Steven Universe.

Well, they are both sword fighters in training under a mentally defective master.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Ashcans posted:

I really really hope that the Pursuers didn't all get blasted by Juggernaut Nova, because I want them to keep cropping up at intervals looking increasingly badass/ragged as they rage through the cosmos.

Like I hope we get a sweet heist arc here with them trying to steal Zaid from Mammon and they pull the whole thing off perfectly, they're sneaking out and no one knows and then the giant loving baby blows through the wall again and everything goes bananas.
They don't yet understand that the chase is actually a big cosmic joke/test to see who is worthy to be a part of Allison's personal army.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wait how do you people know the names of all the random demons in the fight sequences. as much as i love the comic the only names i can actually remember are allison kill six billion demons, zaid kill six billion demons, cio cleo chanel, maya mathangi kill them all, white chain, mom bottom, jagganoth, princess mamoru moonshine jack jacck daniels luna esquire, honeybunch, sweetie pie, pimp sphynx nyan, what's michael two, metatron, killer baby, clevin, yabalchoath, nadia, mammon and worm lady

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
do you study for this poo poo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i really appreciate the effort that goes into making all these unique alien made-up names that don't sound totally goofy btw, it's a rare skill

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Avshalom posted:

what's michael two

The best character, honestly

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when a demon's rear end has not been explicitly shown on-screen i assume they have prominent unnervingly human bumcheeks like a baboon

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Speaking of 2 Michael, I want the other Primes to reincarnate and use their mecha golem kungfu on whole locales of Throne. Empty palm vanquishes the red district.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
actually the same is true of angels. metatron's unseen hind end is pert and peachy, take my word for it

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

His butt can see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tekne posted:

His butt can see you.
it can see everything