Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
S4 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3koIh0Izwk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That's some mighty fine trailerbaiting at the end

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They'll probably find a cure for radiation or whatev

The poo poo the mountainpeople were working on but x100

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Ride out the radiation" :roflolmao:

Still feels like that imminent nuclear power plant meltdowns for worldwide death in 6 months was a big plot misstep

Zzulu posted:

They'll probably find a cure for radiation or whatev

The poo poo the mountainpeople were working on but x100

:drac: x100 you mean

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Acacia REI posted:

Nah, stuff like that won't turn me off to a series. I like The Walking Dead and that show's chocked full of stupid poo poo. If I like the overall concept of a show enough and it doesn't bore me I'll stick with it. :downs:

But I'll still laugh at things like acid fog that only burns flesh and armband devices that are less functional than 20th century ankle monitors.

They spent the last century in a giant haphazardly constructed creaking space station so it's not like they don't have better uses for high tech then monitors for bunch of juvenile criminals sent to a suicide mission...

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Looks like Clarke is with a dude? Tumblr is gonna be so happy with that I bet.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Just finished s1ep8. I think every show needs a good hallucinogenic trip episode.

DarkCrawler posted:

They spent the last century in a giant haphazardly constructed creaking space station so it's not like they don't have better uses for high tech then monitors for bunch of juvenile criminals sent to a suicide mission...

It's not even high tech though... like at all. And I mean it sounds like it's a pretty important mission considering they're at the point of culling the population.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Woooooo!

Genghis Clarke staring down an army: check
Octavia bodying fools: check
Jaha being Jaha: check

I'm all in for this poo poo.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So they get to Earth, and first thing they do is continue to implement those idiot draconian laws from the space station? Fun people.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Octavia has apparently gone full-on murder crazy. I support this character development. After two seasons of getting her rear end kicked by everyone, it's about time she got the chance to cut loose and start cutting fools. :black101:

Hey, Bellamy's all "I refuse to sacrifice any more innocent lives" now. I guess they got the memo that people were not exactly keen on his support for Future Trump last year. (I mean, he's still a mass murderer, but at this point, who isn't?)

Apparently Monty and Harper are still a Thing after the world's most left-field hookup last year.

Jasper looks like he's gone back to the sauce, but at least he's a happy drunk now! That's something! :unsmith:

Raven continues to Suffer, because that is apparently her lot in life. :(

And hey, apparently Miller is a regular this season! Given the fact that he's both black and gay and the show just got finished sewing up the new rear end in a top hat fandom tore it for killing black and gay characters last year, he's probably immorta-- ahahaha, who am I kidding, they'll kill him midseason because life is terrible, the world is a hateful garbage heap, and no one ever learns. :suicide:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Miller is bae. More Miller.

Here's hoping season 4 recovers from its pacing and character development issues.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh goddamn yes yes and more yes. I gotta get my girlfriend addicted to this show before the season premiere.

Are we spoilering preview stuff? Who's controlling the drone shooting at Raven?! What is Monty breaking the lock off of? Eeeeeeee:aaa:

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
I have to say that I'm underwhelmed by the Season 4 trailer. It's mostly just a bunch of people running around, yelling, and pointing guns at each other with basically no information on what they're actually fighting about. You'd think that the impending end of the world would get people to join together in order to figure out what to do, a la Watchmen, but I guess that wouldn't provide enough drama. Also, not nearly enough Murphy.

On the upside, S4 Octavia looks pretty cool.

Spergatory posted:

Apparently Monty and Harper are still a Thing after the world's most left-field hookup last year.

After rewatching Season 2, I have to say that it wasn't entirely out of left field. Monty and Harper do have a few "moments" over the course of that season. The problem is that the thread was pretty much entirely dropped in Season 3 until it was suddenly reintroduced the third to last episode of the season, plus the whole "Monty helping Pike while Harper was trying to overthrow Pike" thing somehow didn't cause any problems with their relationship even though it really, really should have.

Acacia REI posted:

It's not even high tech though... like at all. And I mean it sounds like it's a pretty important mission considering they're at the point of culling the population.

Considering that the wristbands had to contain a transmitter powerful enough to send a signal to space and a battery large enough to power them for weeks (by comparison, satellite phones typically only get 2-3 hours of talk time, and they tend to be significantly bigger than those wristbands), they may simply not have had enough room left to install anti-tampering devices.

Though putting that much thought into it raises other questions, the most obvious one being, since the dropship's transmitter is down, wouldn't the signal from the wristbands get blocked every time someone stepped inside? Real life satellite phones have trouble communicating from inside cars unless they're connected to an external antenna.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

What was that bigass crashed thing?

INH5
Dec 17, 2012

Astroman posted:

What was that bigass crashed thing?

At 0:54? It's in the snowy mountains, so my guess would be Farm Station.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ride out the radiation?

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Jaha is now bald - his metamorphosis in to John Locke will soon be complete.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Death from above :black101:

I'm so proud :geno:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

INH5 posted:

I have to say that I'm underwhelmed by the Season 4 trailer. It's mostly just a bunch of people running around, yelling, and pointing guns at each other with basically no information on what they're actually fighting about. You'd think that the impending end of the world would get people to join together in order to figure out what to do, a la Watchmen, but I guess that wouldn't provide enough drama. Also, not nearly enough Murphy.

It's pretty obvious that resource scarcity is going to flare up tensions between sky people and grounders again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The entire Grounder faith has just been shown to be an absolute farce and then destroyed. There will no doubt be some animosity because of that.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Apparently Devon Bostick has been vaguely shade-tweeting (and promptly deleting) mild spoilers about the fact that he is barely in this season. I guess them not killing Jasper is the equivalent of those moments in Bioware games where your decisions can possibly get characters killed, but they get shuffled offscreen and cease to be relevant to the plot either way because Bioware are hacks and actually writing a significant fork in the plot is way too much work for them. :v:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Apparently Devon Bostick has been vaguely shade-tweeting (and promptly deleting) mild spoilers about the fact that he is barely in this season. I guess them not killing Jasper is the equivalent of those moments in Bioware games where your decisions can possibly get characters killed, but they get shuffled offscreen and cease to be relevant to the plot either way because Bioware are hacks and actually writing a significant fork in the plot is way too much work for them. :v:

Surprising because he was pretty prominent in the trailer...

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Meh, I think Jasper pretty much played out his usefulness. He was one of the least interesting characters last season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He should have totally :suicide: at the end of last season

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Apparently Devon Bostick has been vaguely shade-tweeting (and promptly deleting) mild spoilers about the fact that he is barely in this season.

Looking at his imdb leads me to conclude that he may want to rethink this strategy.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Looking at his imdb leads me to conclude that he may want to rethink this strategy.

Eh, he gets pretty steady work in horror, music videos, and indies that no one watches. For an actor, that's not bad. Besides, he was doing the same thing last year, probably with the assumption that his end-of-season death would stick. My guess is that it's Ricky Whittle all over again; he already knows he's getting killed off (for real this time) and has stopped caring. Personally, I love this kind of poo poo. Jason Rothenberg must truly be a shithead for this many low-to-mid-level actors to be so willing to burn their bridges with him. :allears:

enraged_camel posted:

Meh, I think Jasper pretty much played out his usefulness. He was one of the least interesting characters last season.

I hated it, but to be fair, I feel like everyone who isn't Clarke or Murphy had terrible arcs last season. Last season was a goddamn mess.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012

Spergatory posted:

The writers on this show don't seem to cope well with unexpected changes of plans in general. It's been all but confirmed that Gina was a last minute replacement for Wick after Steve Tailey got fired due to his racist tweets. When you watch her scenes in 3x01 and 3x03 with this in mind, you get the sense that, apart from adding romantic moments with Bellamy and presumably deleting romantic moments with Raven, they didn't even bother changing most of the dialogue.

Which is also something that Bioware is known to do, come to think of it.

Plus there was that time when they didn't have the budget to film a scene in 2x15 where a bunch of Grounders got slaughtered by machine guns, convincing Lexa to make a deal with the Mountain Men, so they just cut that scene and had Lexa take the deal anyway without even bothering to come up with another good reason for her to do that.

Spergatory posted:

Eh, he gets pretty steady work in horror, music videos, and indies that no one watches. For an actor, that's not bad. Besides, he was doing the same thing last year, probably with the assumption that his end-of-season death would stick. My guess is that it's Ricky Whittle all over again; he already knows he's getting killed off (for real this time) and has stopped caring. Personally, I love this kind of poo poo. Jason Rothenberg must truly be a shithead for this many low-to-mid-level actors to be so willing to burn their bridges with him. :allears:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't wait until enough time passes after the end of the show for the people involved to start spilling the beans on what really happened BTS and how they really feel about J Roth.

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, and it's all the more disappointing because it didn't have to be this way. S1 and S2 Jasper may not have been the most original or compelling character ever, but he had stuff going on that was a lot more interesting than S3's one note "I'm sad because this girl that I knew for 3 weeks died, so I'm going to become a totally useless alcoholic jerk forever."

Of course, the hilarious irony of this is that they made S3 Jasper that way solely so that they could have a main character commit suicide in their S3 finale in an attempt to have a SHOCKING SEASON FINALE TWIST ENDING that would be talked about in the media...only for that plan to get killed by executive meddling at the last minute. It gets funnier every time I think about it.

INH5 fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 16, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

INH5 posted:

You say that like you haven't watched the show at all...

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I am incredibly excited about Monty's growth into a badass. This stupid show really has some great character arcs.

Except poor J dog.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rhyno posted:

The entire Grounder faith has just been shown to be an absolute farce and then destroyed. There will no doubt be some animosity because of that.

the entire grounder faith and civilization is only 97 years old lol

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Don't try to give it too much thought. Broke my brain when they revealed more of that grounder poo poo. Like everything turns into tribes with wildly different culture, rites and languages in just 100 years.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Combat Pretzel posted:

Don't try to give it too much thought. Broke my brain when they revealed more of that grounder poo poo. Like everything turns into tribes with wildly different culture, rites and languages in just 100 years.

Don't forget some of it was intentional to avoid surveillance by Mount Weather.

Besides, compare 2016 Japan to 1919 Japan.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Haven't gotten to that yet I think, or I didn't pay attention. 2/3rd through season 2. I can understand the language thing in that context, but the tribes and rites stuff however...

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Haven't gotten to that yet I think, or I didn't pay attention. 2/3rd through season 2. I can understand the language thing in that context, but the tribes and rites stuff however...

It's bizarre that out of all the crazy things that happen in this show, you have trouble suspending your disbelief for something so minor.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

INH5 posted:

Yeah, and it's all the more disappointing because it didn't have to be this way. S1 and S2 Jasper may not have been the most original or compelling character ever, but he had stuff going on that was a lot more interesting than S3's one note "I'm sad because this girl that I knew for 3 weeks died, so I'm going to become a totally useless alcoholic jerk forever."

Of course, the hilarious irony of this is that they made S3 Jasper that way solely so that they could have a main character commit suicide in their S3 finale in an attempt to have a SHOCKING SEASON FINALE TWIST ENDING that would be talked about in the media...only for that plan to get killed by executive meddling at the last minute. It gets funnier every time I think about it.

Season 3 Jasper wasn't all bad. He had that one shining moment of badassery where he saved possessed Raven, escaped the Alie Hivemind, and told Clarke to shut the gently caress up all in the same episode. It was pretty magnificent. Plus the moment he gave us this excellent thread title. "Death by Clarke" indeed. :allears:

But yeah, most of Season 3 Jasper, I could've done without. But again, that goes for large swaths of Season 3.

If he has to die, I want him to at least be killed by Clarke, it's only right :colbert: do it saving people. I feel like he's earned a hero's death-- at least three times now he has been the last man standing between the sky people and horrible death and every time he's come through. He's the ultimate clutch guy; you never want to be in the position of having to depend on him, but when you do, it's shocking how much he delivers. Let him deliver one last time, show. :unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zzulu posted:

the entire grounder faith and civilization is only 97 years old lol

How old is Scientology.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All the cities of the world got overgrown in 100 years to the point where you can't even see them anymore. All humans reverted instantly back to tribal states. All guns vanished except the ones the 100 suddenly found in barrels or whatever. All technology vanished. Grounders seem to not remember anything even though the world ended just 100 years ago so it's almost even still in living memory. In these 100 years, animals have evolved to become monsters because of ~radiation~

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zzulu posted:

All the cities of the world got overgrown in 100 years to the point where you can't even see them anymore. All humans reverted instantly back to tribal states. All guns vanished except the ones the 100 suddenly found in barrels or whatever. All technology vanished. Grounders seem to not remember anything even though the world ended just 100 years ago so it's almost even still in living memory. In these 100 years, animals have evolved to become monsters because of ~radiation~

That's exactly how things would turn out because TV wouldn't lie to us. :colbert:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Dalael posted:

That's exactly how things should turn out because TV wouldn't lie to us reality would be boring to watch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Guns didn't vanish. Mount Weather told the Grounders if they ever caught them using guns they would blow up villages.

• Locked thread