Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Chandler Parsons is a virgin.

:synpa:

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Instagram live will be the downfall of the NBA

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Mr. F! posted:

Yeah, it's not the best article really.

There is so much dumb stuff in it, it's amazing.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

attackmole posted:

Chandler Parsons is a virgin.

:synpa:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
guys i know it's not really page 2 but i couldn't remember any other sniper smiles.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

attackmole posted:

guys i know it's not really page 2 but i couldn't remember any other sniper smiles.

:69snypa:

I found this one for you friend. Its' relevant

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

attackmole posted:

A Generational Talent Body.

A breakdown on the reasons other than His essentially perfect athletic body would be neat. Like His training habits, exercise routines, the way He jumps and lands, the force of His jumps as compared proportionally to the size of His "landing gear", etc.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

instagram live about to get live

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Brolander posted:

A breakdown on the reasons other than His essentially perfect athletic body would be neat. Like His training habits, exercise routines, the way He jumps and lands, the force of His jumps as compared proportionally to the size of His "landing gear", etc.
His hosed up NBA feet

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Crazy Ted posted:

His hosed up NBA feet

lots of dudes got that though

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm like 99% certain LeBrons feet are like that prenba

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Brolander posted:

Well I mean he's a freak athlete and spends the entire offseason + most of the season with an entire team of people paid explicitly to keep him in the best possible health via advanced training and managing his recovery. He has one of the worlds most perfect bodies, combined with the best training and athletic management money can buy, and the dedication to commit to a program. He's got an Ivan Drago like team of trainers whose jobs are to keep him healthy. Plus he's probably lucky to have not fallen down and torn his knee up or something.

I don't think there's anything magic that he's doing that other athlete's aren't aware of, he's just the perfect athlete mixed with the best training in the world. I doubt there's an athlete in the NBA, or maybe the world that spends more on health management than him (or maybe his team covers a lot of it). He's ahead of the curve on a lot of training/recovery things that a lot of NBA teams eventually end up adopting -- I think he was the guy that got those cryogenic chambers popular (versus the old school ice bath), I've heard that he has one installed in his house. Individually I don't think there's anything in there that other athletes aren't aware of, he just combines it all into the worlds best personal athlete health support network, and he's dedicated enough to take his recovery insanely seriously.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Brolander posted:

lots of dudes got that though
Do I need to remind you that LeBron has at least six toes on his left foot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is this social medium ?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Brolander posted:

Well know if it was all truly genetic if Delonte West's child is considered a generational prospect in 2028.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part of the JaVale .gifs is John Wall slowly dying

Sisyphus contemplates his rock

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Crazy Ted posted:

His hosed up NBA feet

The feet of a beautiful Chinese wife

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brolander posted:

Don't know if you've seen this but it's pretty cool. Some of the clips feature lebron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwocezhA6cI

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Cristiano Ronaldo as a hyperbaric chamber at home where he spends 3 hours most days, does a lot of hbot recovery and a sensory deprivation chamber just for kicks.world class athletes have training and recovery regiments like loving Goku.
Also genetics.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

a wonderful reminder tonight that the bulls' front office and ownership are complete garbage

Niwrad posted:

Also gently caress them for not putting together something nice for his return. Kirk Hinrich got two loving video tributes.

Bulls were up 26-6 after a few minutes in the game. Lose to the T-wolves 94-99.

:sad:

I remember that and was hoping Kidd kept a table of food nearby in future games.

E2M2 posted:

Unironically how the gently caress has Lebron not had a major sports injury yet? Does he just take some insane HGH or something?

Just really loving lucky?

Vitamin D pills.

euphronius posted:

Thank god the mavs won a ring so he doesn't feel the pressure to chase.

I think Dirk should go to Houston so that one Youtube guy has a heart attack.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw93FdkzlicJe93UdJ-OX8Q/videos

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/809090867827015681

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
did we expect anything less from former skills champion Patrick Beverley?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah Lebron plays a ton of minutes, but a lot of his offense is downhill running, as opposed to wacky Eurosteps or Derrick Rose style constant acceleration/ deceleration/ direction change. Plus he's strong enough to push other guys around, so he doesn't get put into bad spots too often. And additionally his running form is magnificent.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it's rare to see lebron on the ground or out of control on a landing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Brolander posted:

He has fatnastic biomechanics, he's the opposite of Derrick Rose, He doesn't jump unless he needs to and he only jumps with the minimum force necessary. And as stealth tiger said, he doesn't rely on lateral knee and ankle stress moves like Kyrie. He uses his speed, strength, and change of pace. He doesn't needlessly take beatings on defense or scramble and put his body in a bad position, until the playoffs. He's a reallly smart guy. All it takes is one dellavedova esque person diving at his knees to end all that, though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's really a genius and I love him.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

He's really a genius and I love him.

That whole "I know how everyone likes the basketball's seams to fit in their hands and I time/torque my passes to have it arrive at the optimum rotation for each guy" drove that point home to me.

Like I have trouble believing that one's true.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lamar Odom 'set to star in reality show about his recovery' 14 months after near-fatal drugs binge
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4031362/Lamar-Odom-set-star-reality-recovery-14-months-near-fatal-drugs-binge.html

Dejan Bimble posted:

...they're just ridiculous starfish/octopus flails...

Two changes I'd like to see to the NBA box score:

-FT and FTAs based around whether it was a 2P or 3P shot.
-ORBs categorized by whether they were just catches or if they were dunks/putbacks.

EvanTH posted:

"Non-Curry" is the key tho, it's true

This is the official list Jonathan Feigen hasn't seen. 3+ 3P streaks:

code:
Player		 First		Last		Games
Stephen Curry	 11/9/2015	12/11/2015	17
Stephen Curry	 1/4/2016	2/3/2016	16
Stephen Curry	 3/29/2016	11/1/2016	13
George McCloud	 1/25/1996	2/19/1996	12
Gilbert Arenas	 12/6/2006	12/27/2006	11
Damon Stoudamire 1/9/2005	1/26/2005	10
Allan Houston	 3/29/1995	4/18/1995	10
Reggie Miller	 3/2/1997	3/19/1997	10
Eric Gordon	 11/25/2016	12/12/2016	9 (now at ten).

Coaaab posted:

How far are we from some earth-shattering NBA PED scandal breaking out? Individual stats this season appear to be... enhanced, so to speak.

Well, not many accused Curry of wrongdoing after hitting 400+ 3P shots last year so that bar is really high.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

What is this social medium ?

Instagram's new live feature.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joel embiid is starting at PF tonight

:getin:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

euphronius posted:

Joel embiid is starting at PF tonight

:getin:

RIP siakam. also no way Siakam is 6'9. He looks shorter than Demar sometimes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So ... it's periscope??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They apparent height of NBA players drives me nuts.

Like Kevin love for example. Sometimes he doesn't look taller than guards

Embiid is the real deal 7,2 tho. He made AD look like a SF.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Simmons at the game with no boot

:itshappening:

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

euphronius posted:

They apparent height of NBA players drives me nuts.

Like Kevin love for example. Sometimes he doesn't look taller than guards

Embiid is the real deal 7,2 tho. He made AD look like a SF.

I never realized that Draymond and Shaun Livingston were the same height until I saw that high school pic. Dray might even be a little shorter

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/marcjspearsespn/status/809190479652798466

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Probably not gonna be a NBA lockout??

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0600843337158628331-4

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Trust the Process.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

I never realized that Draymond and Shaun Livingston were the same height until I saw that high school pic. Dray might even be a little shorter
Well yeah that was the selling point of Livingston: tall point guard. He was 6'7" coming out of high school, so he's probably 6'8" or 6'9" now. Shame about his knees though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/Money23Green/status/809192168858365952

Sounds like Draymond didn't like the deal?

• Locked thread