Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Summons are really good. I have never regretted my r5 Maduin and Alexander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
R4 Bahamut is the best, especially with the Record Materia proc chance.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ETB posted:

R4 Bahamut is the best, especially with the Record Materia proc chance.

I wish I had the non-elemental orbs for that.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Attestant posted:

I wish I had the non-elemental orbs for that.

Saturdaily is a fountain for them. I actually want more ice orbs these days.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love summons. I've got Ramuh, Shiva, Ifrit, Leviathan, Valefor, Alexander, and Fat Chocobo all at Rank 5, Orthros and Queztalcoatl at Rank 4, and Bahamut at Rank 3.

I'd have Neo Bahamut too if using all of my Summon Crystals to craft it didn't give me a single measly cast.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ETB posted:

Saturdaily is a fountain for them. I actually want more ice orbs these days.

Problem is that I have multiple r3 dual spells, that drained my inventory of them. Saturdaily is about as important for me as Tuesdaily is. :v:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

U++ Kefka mastered with just cores. My first ever attempt at a U++ core run.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sounds awful to do but congrats

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Just mastered Nightmare Tonberries after my failure last month. Locke's BSB helped immensely, as did Onion Knight's stupidly strong Powercharge combos. Onion Slicer helped against Tonberry King; even though it's immune to the break effect, being able to drop 20k+ damage twice in a row is extremely helpful. Lightning's SSB was great too, and Tyro of course just danced a lot. I had to S/L once when I forgot to Halting Rumba right before phase 3 began, since if you don't do that the top one moves over and they Nightmare Chef's Knife you every time.

So the only Nightmare dungeon I have left is Necrophobe and...I'm kind of scared to do it, after hearing what people were saying about it last go-round.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
when i was doing necrophobe i paused everytime an action became available so I could remember what the hell i had planned to do with that guy that turn

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Considering shattering that free Titan, but I'm not sure - I can't see myself every honing it and the first R5 summon I'd gun for is Bahamut but even that is probably months and months away, realistically. I could use the summoning orbs from it for other stuff like honing up Alexander and Valefor, but I'm always a bit hesitant to shatter stuff just in case I end up regretting it some day.

There are honestly a couple skills that I have that I just don't see myself using unless I get some godly relic drop, like Sapphire Shot, Fire Within, and Lightning Dive, but of those, Sapphire Shot is the only one that really has orbs that I am constantly in short supply of, and I feel like it might also be the most potentially useful skill in the pile, so I haven't pulled the trigger on shattering it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Considering shattering that free Titan, but I'm not sure - I can't see myself every honing it and the first R5 summon I'd gun for is Bahamut but even that is probably months and months away, realistically. I could use the summoning orbs from it for other stuff like honing up Alexander and Valefor, but I'm always a bit hesitant to shatter stuff just in case I end up regretting it some day.

There are honestly a couple skills that I have that I just don't see myself using unless I get some godly relic drop, like Sapphire Shot, Fire Within, and Lightning Dive, but of those, Sapphire Shot is the only one that really has orbs that I am constantly in short supply of, and I feel like it might also be the most potentially useful skill in the pile, so I haven't pulled the trigger on shattering it.

Big thing to remember regarding decisions like that is the Orb Daily revamp is going to bring a Summoning Orb day, as well as make it an automatic 5* drop if you get a Magic Pot. It'll be a bit before they come, but Summoning Orbs are much more plentiful afterwards.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Another thing to remember is that Bahamut gets outdated quickly with some of the new summons coming out, notably Tiamat, which does more hits scaling up with the caster's MAG.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Another thing to remember is that Bahamut gets outdated quickly with some of the new summons coming out, notably Tiamat, which does more hits scaling up with the caster's MAG.

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ETB posted:

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

Of course she's not, they are siblings :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Only if you can get enough buffs rolling, which is usually about three buffs not counting any potential self-buffs like Bursts. So Bahamut (or Ultima Weapon) is better for frontloading damage if you need to blow through AoE phases quickly.

Honestly I could hone my R3 Bahamut up to R4 right now, but I'm eyeing my non-Summon orb stash critically.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Broadly speaking I think Tiamat is a Veil of Wiyu check. In the specific circumstance that you have an Alphinaud with a Veil of Wiyu, Tiamat gains a lot of value. Oh boy does it gain a lot of value.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ult fights down for FF6. Had to S/L once on the Ult fight because Noel ate dirt right before a curaja went off. Second try he took a magitek laser to the face immediately for 5598 damage. He has 5628 max HP. :stonk:

- Crush is dumb bullshit but thankfully I got off my 2nd use of Relm's SSB in between two uses of it on the final wave and burned down the armors quick enough that nobody died. Still lost 2 medals for damage taken. I can't even begin to recall the last time I lost 2 medals for damage taken in any U/U+/U++ fight.
- The countdown that Guardian did for his wave cannon made me worry because SG was down and needed 2 actions to get refilled. When he fired it with only protect/shell up I was worried... then it did only 1k damage to everyone because Noel+Vaan BSB breakdown bros :getin:
- Kefka made me lose one medal for damage taken but aside from a streak where he counter-confused 3 times in a row one 3 people (all with moderate confuse resistance) the fight wasn't too bad. Opening with Ultimate meteor was annoying but Relm SBB RW took care of it again.

Running Tidus/Ramza/Noel/Vaan/Tyro. In the event Tyro can't heal enough with his 4k+ Curajas I bring a solid healer SSB (like portrait of lakshmi) or a healing BSB like Eiko and he gets to work with that instead.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i just scrolled through all those posts of people getting good pulls on the nightmare banner and succumbed.

nothing crazy but i'll definitely swap red13 out for fran for my generic party.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yeah I gave in and pulled too.

Got Lightning's burst and Zidane's burst.

No regrets.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

baram. posted:

i just scrolled through all those posts of people getting good pulls on the nightmare banner and succumbed.

nothing crazy but i'll definitely swap red13 out for fran for my generic party.

You got 2 super solid dps ssb's, one aoe reverse wall and reno's aoe status inflicting ssb. All great sb's, all great stat sticks.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I put off doing the Lady Amandine raid battle when it dropped and almost completely forgot it was ending today. Decided to attempt it solo... 8 fuckin casts of Tempo Flurry and Slow never procced. Still Mastered with no other medals lost. Lucky!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

I put off doing the Lady Amandine raid battle when it dropped and almost completely forgot it was ending today. Decided to attempt it solo... 8 fuckin casts of Tempo Flurry and Slow never procced. Still Mastered with no other medals lost. Lucky!

Incredibly lucky. Dread Gaze is loving brutal when you have bad RNG.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
3/11, Chocobracelet, Crystal Cross (dupe), Ragnarok.

drat, I'd have been happy with literally every other relic on the banner. I have Luneth's BSB so Ragnarok isn't even that great for me.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Sprite141 posted:

You got 2 super solid dps ssb's, one aoe reverse wall and reno's aoe status inflicting ssb. All great sb's, all great stat sticks.

Actually the bow is Fran's 7-hit full breakdown SSB, her previous bow (yoichi?) had the aoe reverse wall

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/11

2x Cloud's Guise
1x Ragnarok

Time to do the wind thing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Beasteh posted:

Actually the bow is Fran's 7-hit full breakdown SSB, her previous bow (yoichi?) had the aoe reverse wall

Yoichi is Pinpoint, her lightning imperil. Killer Bow is Shatterheart, the AoE -ATK/-MAG. Loxley Bow is Whip Kick, single target -DEF/-RES.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Another successful 100 gem pull got me... a dupe Cid Goggles. :shrug: Now it's three in a row.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My insane luck continues. After getting good 5* gear on both dollar pulls of the FFVI event, the dollar pull on this got me Yuffie's Magic Shuriken.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Dollar pulled the OSB :catstare:

I feel incredibly spoiled because I can't think of many things Cloud with OSB can do that Tidus with OSB can't do better.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I can't tell if it's just me and my download got corrupted somehow, but after every stage in this event, instead of playing the victory theme, it plays the title theme/home menu music. Everything else plays just fine though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Things Cloud with OSB can do that Tidus with OSB can't do better:

• Wind Damage
  • Retaliate
  • Draw Fire (with record dive)
  • Draw Fire + Retaliate
  • Use Synergy Katanas
  • Fire Damage, Poison Damage, Ice Damage, Lightning Damage
  • Very Low Chance Petrifying targets
  • Very Low Chance Instant KO targets.

Yeah, stick with Tidus if you can't find room for both.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Did a pull while poopin' and got Cloud's Guise and Ragnarok. I win(d) the game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad I never played Crisis Core because holy poo poo I hate this music.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've been able to beat every boss of the Classic Dungeons in one 9999 hit. That seems a bit low, even by easy event stage standards. Huh.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

CaptainPsyko posted:

• Wind Damage
  • Fire Damage, Poison Damage, Ice Damage, Lightning Damage

Tidus can do those.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Luck comes in twos for me when it comes to dollar pulls, it seems, got something off Relm 2 and I just yanked Cid's Goggles. Pretty sweet, if I do dare say. Potential for Wind God Cid with his BSB down the line (how realistic is 120K damage Big Brawl? Probably not at all but a guy can dream) and it's Wind-boosting armor, to boot! In the grand tradition of looking gift horses in the mouth, though, can someone explain to me why it has Mage stats?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Shock Trooper posted:

8 fuckin casts of Tempo Flurry and Slow never procced.
I've been super unlucky with Tempo Flurry as well; probably up to like 16 tries with no luck. I've started taking Laguna to fights that have Slow as a medal requirement because I have his Desperado SSB which is 100% Slow

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

In the grand tradition of looking gift horses in the mouth, though, can someone explain to me why it has Mage stats?

Because it's a hat. The oddity isn't it having mage stats, the oddity is that it has Attack on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Cloud gets a future buff to Samurai 5, so if we ever get the skill from the Ayame event he can use that.

That and Demonsblood I guess.

• Locked thread