Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RBX posted:

I see Kelvin Benjamin and AJ Green have been rage dropped should I think about getting them? I have OBJ, Adams, Fitz, Baldwin, Britt, and Inman.

Leaning towards no because Benjamin is on my hate list and I'm not sure if AJ will play.

Benjamin has a low as gently caress ceiling and can't catch a ball. Norman is shadowing him and will get in his head. If you take Green you're buying a lotto ticket that might pay this week. Go green if you want to take one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Also I am v worried about Reed.

:same:

I am playing the #1 seed after winning my first round matchup (thanks to my opponent benching Powell) and he's 8th in scoring this year but first in points against by over 100 so I'm expecting him to put up about 160 points on me.

In my other league the playoffs start this week (only four teams get in) and I'm projected to lose by 30 so hopefully the same thing works in my favor in that league.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I never used it. FBG does a pretty drat good job of keeping you in the loop alone.

Say what you will about the actual guys who run it, but I've yet to find a better, more concise source of info than the FBG daily mailer

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

To give you guys context, so far the people who missed them entirely are Leperflesh, coronaball, quiet feet, and ColdBlooded. Not sure who got stopped in playoffs futher yet aside from 89, Epi Lepi, tadashi, LMAOthekid though I'm sure more of my listed posters got knocked out, too.

I highly recommend you all join more leagues. As your number of leagues approaches infinity, your probability of making the playoffs in at least one league approaches 1!

No idea if I'm a listed poster, but I made playoffs in 12/12 leagues with playoffs. I had byes in 5, advanced in 2/crashed out of 3 of the 5 leagues in which I played the first round and it's over, will crash out of 1 two-week goon league first round playoff this week after a disastrous first week, and have 1 more with no byes and playoffs starting this week that I'm top seed. Also currently a game ahead of the pack in a league that plays all 17 weeks, no playoffs, final record is it :)

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

dphi posted:

Zeke's coming for you, friend.

But really, being projected to blow out my opponent has typically been the kiss of death for my team so you've got a good chance. Just happy to make it to the playoffs this time around.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't think your Zeke and Shady have much to worry about from my dynamic RB1/RB2 punch of TY Montgomery and TJ Yeldon :negative:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Say what you will about the actual guys who run it, but I've yet to find a better, more concise source of info than the FBG daily mailer

How else would I know who is a "what the heck" flex

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
In my money league, the first, second, third(me) and fourth seed were all defeated in the first round of the playoffs. Not entirely sure, but I'm also pretty sure that's never happened in this league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Looks like I'm shoving Ware to the bench for Powell ROS. :getin:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

I highly recommend you all join more leagues. As your number of leagues approaches infinity, your probability of making the playoffs in at least one league approaches 1!

No idea if I'm a listed poster, but I made playoffs in 12/12 leagues with playoffs. I had byes in 5, advanced in 2/crashed out of 3 of the 5 leagues in which I played the first round and it's over, will crash out of 1 two-week goon league first round playoff this week after a disastrous first week, and have 1 more with no byes and playoffs starting this week that I'm top seed. Also currently a game ahead of the pack in a league that plays all 17 weeks, no playoffs, final record is it :)

As your probability of making the playoffs reaches one, so does your sense of impending doom.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

To give you guys context, so far the people who missed them entirely are Leperflesh, coronaball, quiet feet, and ColdBlooded. Not sure who got stopped in playoffs futher yet aside from 89, Epi Lepi, tadashi, LMAOthekid though I'm sure more of my listed posters got knocked out, too.

I made playoffs in 2/3 leagues. Lost in the first round in one of them by 0.65 points (fuuuuuuuck) and had a first round BYE in the other.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Made 3/4 playoffs, currently in 2 semifinals this week. But not feeling great about either.

Mistakes were made.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Made 2/3 playoffs. One is a two-weeker where my RB duo of DJ/Zeke fell on its face this week. May not pull out of that one.

The other the playoffs start this week, I'm #1 seed going against the #4 seed who is 2nd in Points For (to my 1st) so we'll see.

eta: That #1 seed team has Bell on it, and ESPN projected him for 30 points this week. THIRTY! It's PPR, but still. Holy poo poo!

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Made 3/4 playoffs, currently in 2 semifinals this week. But not feeling great about either.

Mistakes were made.

same

Now, are we dropping Forte? I thought a torn meniscus was A Bad Thing but apparently he's had it all season and still wants to play? Just give up already so I can start Powell with (more) confidence and pick up a week 16 defense (that I won't get to use).

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I made the playoffs in 2 out of 3. Missed the goon dynasty playoff but I took over a bottom team. Both of my other leagues go to week 17 though so hard to guess how it will go.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Made it in 2 out of 3. Ony missed in an 8 man league where the Zeke/Bell/Hyde team is gonna steamroll its way to the championship.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Drama in my league.

So a few weeks ago I was sitting with two people in my bar league before TNF and girl #1 (rookie/then Sacko) said a guy wanted her Edelman and he suggested they do some adding and dropping. I was like, whatever, and the other girl sitting there (girl 2) said she should do it. Neither girl 1 or he were in playoff contention. Right then she texted him and they did three add/drops within a few minutes.

Well, the rookie ended up beating girl #2 that week. Rookie was eliminated from Sacko chances and girl #2 fell to fifth seed (4 playoff slots). Last week I beat girl #2 to clinch third place and the other guy involved in the "trade" beat the 5 seed allowing 6 seed to move up and clinch the fourth playoff spot.

We have a trade system but no one ever uses it and I doubt anyone would have vetoed but a few people are loving pissed and are calling for draft pick losses as penalties. I'm on the fence since I'm not sure the trading actually affected anything.

Collusion? Crybabies?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Collusion. They conspired to circumvent rules.

What kind of league doesn't have waivers though

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

This

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, dropped players need to go into the waivers (unless the players were just added in order to be dropped in order to cause them to go into waivers...)

And why didn't they just trade the players? Was it because your league doesn't support a three-way trade?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, dropped players need to go into the waivers (unless the players were just added in order to be dropped in order to cause them to go into waivers...)

And why didn't they just trade the players? Was it because your league doesn't support a three-way trade?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was past the deadline, the default is mid Nov or the trade not processing before Sunday possibly since the 1st was a thursday.

Though there could be no trade deadline anyways.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
So a few days ago, I dropped Kenneth Dixon before he goes off. My semi final opponent dropped Bilal Powell for Dixon. He's also the Matt Forte owner.

I have a waiver claim in for Powell and I'm hoping I get him.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

Thanks - I needed some outside opinions

Yahoo 12 team league with no waiver wire - straight up first come first served on free agents. Can't drop players that played that day until midnight.

It's only my second year in this league (and second year playing fantasy ever) and I don't know the history behind the decision but I hear the idea is to encourage people to be involved. If you are paying attention you might be first to drop a guy who just had a huge injury and/or pick up some stud's backup if he goes down.

Most of the league comes into the bar for TNF so I think there will be a conference about penalties.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Leperflesh posted:

We had one trade all year last year and none this year. Aside from a few people it's super competitive. I think it was a combination of the rookie not knowing enough and the dude doing something he knew better than to do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Keith Atherton posted:

Most of the league comes into the bar for TNF

make them each buy a round

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

IcePhoenix posted:

make them each buy a round

The guy involved in the collusion was last years Sacko and he never got punished. He is a WSU fan and this is a Seahawks/UW Husky bar. We decided he has to come in for the Super Bowl and run drinks to our table wearing a Husky cheerleader outfit all night

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Looks like y'all didn't give the rules enough thought, and need to do some revising before punishing people for working within the system they were given.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Texibus posted:

Looks like y'all didn't give the rules enough thought, and need to do some revising before punishing people for working within the system they were given.

Kinda my take on it too, fwiw. No waivers is asking for this kind of skirting of the trade deadline.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Regarding Alshon and the Packers this weekend:

All of the starting DBs will be playing this weekend for Green Bay, so that green-colored matchup Chicago WRs are getting may not be illustrative.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Kinda my take on it too, fwiw. No waivers is asking for this kind of skirting of the trade deadline.

:agreed:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Really? It's still 100% collusion to purposely exploit the rules in concert with other teams. The fact that the rules make collusion easier doesn't lessen that fact.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 15, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

1) Neither team was in playoff contention
2) Girl #2 who lost the following weeks was in agreement with Girl #1 that she should do it. If she was unaware that this could affect her negatively (being, who appears to be, the only team really impacted w/r/t standings) that's her own fault. If she says something in hindsight instead of during the act, she losses credibility imo
3) Waiver rules are dumb with no checks to avoid it

Seems like y'all hosed up and they just did a thing. If you don't like it, you need to fix the rules next year. I don't think they did anything explicitly wrong.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think what they did was collusion, but at a non-malicious level low enough that the proper punishment is to say "hey, don't do that kind of thing guys, it's not OK" and then move on.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Pretty much, yeah.

You could like......

make a rule

:vince:

e: also, let 6 teams into your playoff you bozos. If you're only in an 8/10-team league, get more friends :shopkeeper:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 15, 2016

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

Really? It's still 100% collusion to purposely exploit the rules in concert with other teams. The fact that the rules make collusion easier doesn't lessen that fact.

It's collusion in the same way normal trading is collusion. They didn't break any rule. The league is broken, not thier actions. The trade deadline may have passed but the commish did not close all ways of swapping players.

Maybe this will help them realize the value of waivers.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
While I agree that they technically didn't break any rules, those aren't good faith transactions if there was a trade deadline in place and it already passed. So I agree with Leperflesh that the outcome should be "hey guys, that wasn't cool and here's why" and nothing more.

And yes, for the love of god, implement a waiver system next season.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Keith Atherton posted:

Thanks - I needed some outside opinions

Yahoo 12 team league with no waiver wire - straight up first come first served on free agents. Can't drop players that played that day until midnight.

It's only my second year in this league (and second year playing fantasy ever) and I don't know the history behind the decision but I hear the idea is to encourage people to be involved. If you are paying attention you might be first to drop a guy who just had a huge injury and/or pick up some stud's backup if he goes down.

Most of the league comes into the bar for TNF so I think there will be a conference about penalties.

I just want to point out that "involvement" is pretty bad justification for having no waivers. In a typical system there are both waivers and free agency. It's win-win, you get waivers to allow everybody a chance to grab players as needed but outside of Wednesday it's an open system. If Shady is announced OUT on Saturday, free agency means that any team can instantly grab Gillislee just like your current system is set up.

Waivers are partially there to level the playing field, however a big component as well is that they introduce competition for grabbing players at the start of each week or when they are dropped. Nobody is "less involved" because they can't grab a player immediately, they are every bit as involved when they put in their claim or bid for said player. If anything, there is more involvement because every team can bid if you're doing FAAB rather than just the first person who gets to the app. Waivers also prevent bullshit like add/drop collusion and limit the amount that certain teams get unfair advantages. I.E. My work blocks many fantasy sites, plus my office is under a parking structure so I get limited or zero cell reception. I can't reasonably make roster moves between 8am-5pm, so why should I miss out on players just because my involvement during those hours is out of my control? There are all sorts of situations like this that affect certain teams more than others.

To me, it sounds like the commish or certain people pushed for no waivers because it gave them a distinct advantage at the time. I don't see any reason why it should stay that way, it is more fun and fair for everyone involved with free agency + auction waivers. Also, a trade deadline.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 15, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

If you are paying attention you might be first to drop a guy who just had a huge injury

What does this even mean hahaha

Your system is a joke. Please switch over to waivers next year and experience fantasy football in all its glory.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 15, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Shakes fist at MFL for listing Daniel Brown as a WR instead of TE.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Shakes fist at MFL for listing Daniel Brown as a WR instead of TE.

MFL's stated policy is that they list all players as what they were at the beginning of the season. But, commissioners have the power to modify that, and can change any player to a different position.

Consequently, leagues hosted on MFL need a rule about when and how their commissioner should change a player's position. In my league we figured this out this year, and the new rule will be that any owner can challenge any player's position at any time; the source of truth is the NFL football team's own website.

We had to do this for a IDP player this year who was listed as a linebacker but changed to defensive end.

You can also make it possible for owners to swap a player between listed position and any custom positions you add for them.

See: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/support?SEARCH=player+position

Click the Ty Montgomery question for an explanation (basically, MFL's software can't handle dual positions, lol)

e. Note that a player only earns points for the position they're set at. So if your league (say) gives different PPR for WRs vs RBs, an owner with Ty Montgomery that you've set to be allowed to be set as a RB will have to decide which position they want him at, and can only get the PPR value for the position they chose.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

You could like......

make a rule

:vince:

e: also, let 6 teams into your playoff you bozos. If you're only in an 8/10-team league, get more friends :shopkeeper:

12 team league and 4 team playoff supremacy. Only the strong survive

• Locked thread