Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My most killed is Nautilus? How does that even happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Skarner: Still a lot of fun.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ulio posted:

Lol I doubt it I got Morg mid which is terrible if u want to win games. Ok if you just wanna perma push with 0 lane interactions.

Yeah I can see how an ungankable champ that can effortlessly push lane and then roam and get a pick with a 50 second root is bad for winning games.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
gonna start banning camille on principle because in 10 games with one they've either fed constantly, been extremely toxic, or both.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You know I don't often go into a game thinking janna is going to be a really fun to play but when your opposing team is

Top: Rammus
Jungle: Lee
Mid: Zed
Bot: Morde and Voli

You could say the pick really blew em away

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I got a box off that game and rolled spirit guard udyr which is a dope skin don't get me wrong but jfc it's 2950 orange essence to unlock. That's over 6 disenchants from epic skin shards.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Kitfox88 posted:

gonna start banning camille on principle because in 10 games with one they've either fed constantly, been extremely toxic, or both.
I am surprised that brand new champs are even available in ranked for the first month or so.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i'm not high enough level to play ranked yet :negative:

normals draft is suffering

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Must train harder....

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

I got a box off that game and rolled spirit guard udyr which is a dope skin don't get me wrong but jfc it's 2950 orange essence to unlock. That's over 6 disenchants from epic skin shards.

Definitely Not Udyr is a much better skin.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Max Coveri posted:

Definitely Not Udyr is a much better skin.

Yeah before Definitely Not Udyr it was all about that Spirit Guard. Now Spirit Guard is some useless poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Definitely Not Udyr is one of the rare skins I was like "man, they didn't charge more for this?"

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Ulio posted:

Lol I doubt it I got Morg mid which is terrible if u want to win games. Ok if you just wanna perma push with 0 lane interactions.

morg is a really good ganker, has a good all-in, and is safer than most mids from jungle ganks bc of shield

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

I got Jhin mid so it seems that they didn't even account for role.

It actually recommended that I start playing Jhin mid.

My immediate thought was "uh yeah, no."

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How did I cast E on twisted fate six times this season?

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's impressive.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

kaschei posted:

How did I cast E on twisted fate six times this season?

there was a bug and they disabled TF for a bit that this is apparently related to

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Radical posted:

there was a bug and they disabled TF for a bit that this is apparently related to

Riot's spaghetti code surprises me once again.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Yeah I can see how an ungankable champ that can effortlessly push lane and then roam and get a pick with a 50 second root is bad for winning games.

Lol u can make urgot sound a god in one sentence it clearly doesn't mean its true. I wonder where all the Morg mids maybe I've seen 2-3 morg mid in last 2 seasons of playing mid mostly.

I like the champion but its just not enough dmg compared to other mages. I will say though its pretty good into LB if u can time your e.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Lol u can make urgot sound a god in one sentence it clearly doesn't mean its true. I wonder where all the Morg mids maybe I've seen 2-3 morg mid in last 2 seasons of playing mid mostly.

I like the champion but its just not enough dmg compared to other mages. I will say though its pretty good into LB if u can time your e.

on the other hand when was the last time morg had a sub 50% win rate? champions like morgana and annie might not be exciting but i dont think either has literally had a sub 50% win rate mid in literally. literally years.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Morgana is definitely fine in mid, even if she's rather dull to play. She has solid waveclear with Soil, can set up a gank beautifully if she can land Q pre-6, and her ult gives her some nasty roaming potential (waddle down to bot lane, stand next to the duo, press R, you've won or gotten two free Flashes). The reason that people don't play her mid much is because she's mechanically uninteresting and can't pull off sick plays. She's just consistently good.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Vermain posted:

Morgana is definitely fine in mid, even if she's rather dull to play. She has solid waveclear with Soil, can set up a gank beautifully if she can land Q pre-6, and her ult gives her some nasty roaming potential (waddle down to bot lane, stand next to the duo, press R, you've won or gotten two free Flashes). The reason that people don't play her mid much is because she's mechanically uninteresting and can't pull off sick plays. She's just consistently good.

No, but see you're not actually allowed to do anything on Morgana mid except press W and then go wait under your tower.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Its true these easy champs tend to have high winrates but Annie is different to Morg because I would wager her playrate is a lot higher than Morg among all elos. Even if Morgs winrate is high it is because the ridiculously low pickrate. Meaning its one tricks playing her which leads to better winrates or people pick her in very situational cases. Which is what I think she does well. Good vs certain ap comps or if you want to make it a farm lane mid.

Annie is a great champ to climb though because her playstyle works so well in soloq but sucks in competitive. Can playmake even if its simple flash ult and has roaming/diving potential thanks to Tibbers. I guess you can burst people with Morg q w but Annie is really good because its braindead. Just get your stun and throw your bear one shot someone. 1 skill shot and she has poo poo tons of dmg which is why Annie has always been a soloq favorite.

I like both just don't think if your grinding soloq Morg is a good option to climb. Just in some matchups, Annie is better but higher you go the less she is good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Morg has a wave clear spell that can one shot caster minions at sub 5 ranks with just a dorans ring as well as pretty good itemization since she can take an armor item, an mr item, or a cdr item while in lane and they're all viable. i think she's been pretty underrated for being a strong champ to climb on for awhile now. you are right that she is pretty high up there for average games played by the player base but she has a very high win rate for people with very little experience on her, she's not vlad or anything.

edit: seriously being able to clear the casters from infinity far away during lane means you will basically never be bad in lane

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only downside to choosing Morg to climb is that she's one of the more consistently chosen supports (usually hovering at around 10-11%), so I'd find a backup mid that you're also good with just in case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morgana really seems to fall into the category of "is not bad but there are better people" combined with having a low impact playstyle which means people looking to make sweet LCS big play videos are less interested in her than more involved characters. She is reliable enough and can certainly do well but gets overshadowed.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Morg is an immobile mage who is more about her crowd control than her burst damage. Her team fight presence isn't press buttons -> delete carry but rather press r -> use hourglass -> rely on teammates.

Annie can do crazy burst damage if she's ahead. Morg really doesn't; she has a poo poo load more utility but not as much flash. Crowd control, and the prevention of it, are some of the most underrated abilities in the game. Morg has one of the few "gently caress LITERALLY ALL OF YOUR STUNS" abilities in the game. Black shield is a crazy, crazy powerful ability. However, it's pure utility; it does no damage and can't make big, flashy plays.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

What are you folks playing top lane this patch? Someone sell me on something fun to spam in these super messy early season games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tales of Woe posted:

What are you folks playing top lane this patch? Someone sell me on something fun to spam in these super messy early season games.

even with courage of the colossus nerfs i find naut to be extremely easy and a lot of fun. his split push is loving atrocious but i usually just go first item zz'rot and just go roam around the map being a huge piece of poo poo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Try the most powerful naut build, try force dead mans, AKA "DARK HECARIM"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

Morg actually can have some p clutch plays, I've been playing her top a lot lately because it's a safe pick that wins most lane matchups, farms for free, and avoids the dreaded jungler gank meta we're in with one button but I've had a ton of sick 2v1's on my turret because people underestimate her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The best Morg play is flash R and NO ONE DOES IT IN MY GAMES

also this event is confusing, I miss the "win one game and get an icon"

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Morgana does a lot of damage, just not as much as some mages. If you do your full combo you can apply something like a 200% AP ratio on Q W R. There is also a lot more nuance to her than you might think but that comes with playing her enough. Itemization has never been better on her either, you can easily cap CDR going Morello -> Zhonya's -> Abyssal and then cap off with Deathcap + Void Staff and you can absolutely destroy a squishy with Q + R alone.

- Me, the guy that played Morgana the most this year according to Riot

edit: Also Morgana is a fantastic flex pick for top as well if your idiot teammate took Zed mid or some garbage. She has one of the best TP ganks in the game.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Morg is an immobile mage who is more about her crowd control than her burst damage. Her team fight presence isn't press buttons -> delete carry but rather press r -> use hourglass -> rely on teammates.

Annie can do crazy burst damage if she's ahead. Morg really doesn't; she has a poo poo load more utility but not as much flash. Crowd control, and the prevention of it, are some of the most underrated abilities in the game. Morg has one of the few "gently caress LITERALLY ALL OF YOUR STUNS" abilities in the game. Black shield is a crazy, crazy powerful ability. However, it's pure utility; it does no damage and can't make big, flashy plays.

her teamfight presence is hit someone when you are sieging or being sieged with q and instantly turn the game into a 4v5.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This is how I also catch a lot of idiots off guard in solo queue, they assume a level 6 Morgana won't just walk into them, hit R, flash after them and then hit the guaranteed Q + W to just 100-0 them, because "Morgana doesn't do damage"

she does damage guys, it's just not all up-front in a literal second like Viktor or Ahri

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Also just hit e on your most fed damage dealer if a tank goes in on them, like of all the weakpoints of morg I think you could talk about the 5v5 is certainly not one of them. I''d say her biggest issue is she's not really a 1 man snowball like some solos, even if you're ahead for the most part all you can do is consistently force your opponent out of lane you're not gonna be the dude who gets first blood off a jungle gank then goes up 4 kills before anyone else has a chance to control their lane.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the fact that the music gets cutoff during champion select in poroking is weirding me out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elentor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Ahahaha if those are your besties you're hanging with a pretty bad crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elentor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I think that is Riot's way of saying that you're an objectively bad person.

• Locked thread