Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Tetracube posted:

Well after the 8 month arc that existed solely for the purpose "lol anime" and did not advance the story in any significant way, I have to say I am feeling a bit tired of it

As long as we're not trapped in a castle where the story doesn't advance at all for two years I'll call it a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You mean they actually got out of Castle Namek?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

You mean they actually got out of Castle Namek?

Years ago.

Now they're trying to get back in!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

big juicy nectarine posted:

Comic is good again.

This should've been split into two chapters though, single sequence be damned.

Mmh, yes, all the pacing issues you people are whining about would have been solved by putting in a chapter title page at some point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Onean posted:

Um. I think that's a little much.

Pacing issues aside, it isn't doing what SFP did.

This is my favorite 'bloated cancerous mass' quality webcomic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
im permabanned webcomic paranatural58. i first started reading anime when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "shonen" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "hitball" and "i love pacing that rivals continental doriftu" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing good pacing in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on American comic books. i always wondered what the kind of "anime" style of manga humor was all about; i think it's the kawaii leaking in to the kowai, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of exasperating stories and bad webcomics syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" anime to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to lovely pacing. peace.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The pacing post-hitball has been fine (and even that's fine if you read through it in one go). Stop being weirdo losers and just enjoy the funny webcomic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

readingatwork posted:

Stop being weirdo losers and just enjoy the funny webcomic.
Stop enjoying funny webcomics and be a weirdo loser!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when characters other than the designated jokester tell jokes that's um. [consults TVTropes Presents: The Good Writing Bible] that's "cognitive dissonance"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

oddium posted:

when characters other than the designated jokester tell jokes that's um. [consults TVTropes Presents: The Good Writing Bible] that's "cognitive dissonance"
If you want more examples of it, here's a list of forty-four different anime that each individually provide their own unique interpretations of such a fundamental storytelling element, which proves their artistic merit, and by extension, my worth as a human being.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I enjoy Paranatural and will continue to read it.

oddium posted:

Fridge Horror

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you want more examples of it, here's a list of forty-four different anime that each individually provide their own unique interpretations of such a fundamental storytelling element, which proves their artistic merit, and by extension, my worth as a human being.

Ahem!

This Troper's worth as a human being.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[eating a super good salad] you gotta be kidding me. another vegetable. and we haven't even finished the lettuce yet. at this point i'm eating it out of spite

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
dang this a good comic but some of yall are very insecure

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThaumPenguin posted:

Fridge Horror

No, fridge horror is when you come back from vacation and discover you had left something in there before you left.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mazerunner posted:

The dude that had to tell everyone the only reason he keeps reading this poo poo is out of irony first amongst them.

I just made peace with the fact Zach is writing an archival read very, very slowly. There's some good gags in most pages, so it's still readable update to update. Also I went back and re-read Hitball and Hitball is powerful.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mazerunner posted:

This. Do we really have to continue this same circlejerk whenever someone dares to criticize this webcomic?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will circlejerk no matter what people say about the webcomic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm circlejerking right now!

Close the door, please.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

This. Do we really have to continue this same circlejerk whenever someone dares to criticize this webcomic?

I mean, it's always the same discussion over and over tho, you can't blame people for being tired of it. I dunno, maybe it's a pacing issue with these criticisms. Have we tried spacing them out more?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm circlejerking right now!

Close the door, please.

Same but close the door

Behind you

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Can't have a circlejerk with just one, after all.

That's sort of the... entire idea

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
you so fat you a circle jerk all on your own

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

you so fat you a circle jerk all on your own

yes

I'm a true torus twit

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
paranatural is good but its been the same good too long I need variety in the good

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Dias posted:

I mean, it's always the same discussion over and over tho, you can't blame people for being tired of it. I dunno, maybe it's a pacing issue with these criticisms. Have we tried spacing them out more?

I find the thread reads better if you do it all in one go.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I hope Zack takes the hint this time and just stops using his hand for a few months.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Just a heads up, went to the site on my phone and got hit by a bunch of those buzzer ads.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I adore paranatural and all but having a character point out your plot is dumb and melodramatic doesn't make it less dumb or melodramatic

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What makes you think it's supposed to?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NO

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
They don't even look like them. And I don't mean because the style is different.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Paranatural characters doing JoJo poses are awesome and I would love to see more, especially considering the part 4 anime wrapped up today.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Splicer posted:

They don't even look like them. And I don't mean because the style is different.

i crunched the numbers and they do

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, I can tell who they're meant to be aping, so it's not like they look unlike Rohan and Koichi.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gee Jeff! How come your friends let you have two gundams?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's nice to see the relationships between the beta students getting fleshed out a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zack continues to draw the best faces.