Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Well technically I probably did spend like 25k, when he first came out I sold a few players for 8-10k that were involved in his SBC, I had to buy them back once I decided to actually get him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Qualified for the weekend league for the first time. Played 24, won 5. gently caress me its sweaty compared to normal play. Really didnt enjoy it at all

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

Qualified for the weekend league for the first time. Played 24, won 5. gently caress me its sweaty compared to normal play. Really didnt enjoy it at all

Dang, that's rough. And yeah, people play hard in fut champs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Stefan Prodan posted:

By the way Seltzer I'm thinkin if they do come out with a Bundesliga SBC chances are it will require some TOTWs and especially Dortmund ones if it's gonna be Aubameyang so it might be good to grab a couple cheap Dortmund IFs, right?

I don't see that happening as Lacazette is top tier and his SBC required nothing extraordinary. Also yea, it should be Lewandowski. Originally I thought it was MVPs but people pointed out it's just top goal scorer who is still in the league. So Lewadowski, Higuain, and Smolov for the collections I have. Debating doing the j league now because I think Utaka could be awesome and every single team would only cost 1k to build and no ones bidding on those cards.

hopterque posted:

For me the big issue is just consistency, from game to game and within a game. Like, I can play well and get a lead and then do stupid stuff and give away leads late and poo poo.

Sub on Renato Sanches at half time. It's like the instant game winning formula if you're up at half.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haha I just meant like some people just sit on a 1 goal lead for 40 minutes, you know who I mean

Okay Seltzer, I spent 50k and got Villa, hope this dude is good!

The thing to remember about villa, and the best part. is that he can take literally any shot so you don't have to think. Long, low, finesse etc. he has all the traits and a 5* wf. If he's open just take the chance. Also you could do that sbc for like 15k if you put mids at the fullback positions.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
The coins aren't a huge deal, I'm not really saving up for anything anymore except for Boateng and Alaba which would be luxuries but not super important, as I said I don't concede that much and my attackers are pretty scary as it is if I weren't crap

Maybe I should get Renato Sanches to sub in at CAM when I'm ahead to close games out, since he's good at defense but not totally useless on attack

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also the worst thing about weekend league is that people fuckin back out 90% of the time if they see you didn't just get the game this year, it's really bad

I also for some reason made the mistake of equipping the gold reward weekend league kit and they always backed out when they saw that if they hadn't from my 2013 club creation date already

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Also the worst thing about weekend league is that people fuckin back out 90% of the time if they see you didn't just get the game this year, it's really bad

I also for some reason made the mistake of equipping the gold reward weekend league kit and they always backed out when they saw that if they hadn't from my 2013 club creation date already

Switching from PC to ps4 reset my club established date so I don't have this problem, thankfully.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah same from Xbox, otherwise mine would say FUT Founder and then I'd literally never get a match ever

For most good players with 13 as the founding date I assume they're Xbox migrants like me

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
It sounds a bit like FUT is ruining FIFA. I think we should stop feeding EA's cash addiction

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

TheBigAristotle posted:

It sounds a bit like FUT is ruining FIFA. I think we should stop feeding EA's cash addiction

i've never spent any money on FUT.

Its still cool.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Anyone on PS4 right now? I can't check the schedule, but is there a WL qualifier requiring silver squads on the horizon? The POTM and MM are such clusterfucks to invest in now, I'm thinking of just loading my transfer pile with silver BPL players and waiting for the next silver requirement to cash in. I can see multiple players who had a 4-5k price hike for that.

It seems like they've done about one per month right?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My schedule only shows through this next weekend for whatever reason and there's no silvers this week.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

i've never spent any money on FUT.

Its still cool.

Same, although maybe I bought like $10 worth of packs in FIFA 12 or something, I have some vague memory of that

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The popularity of the mode feeds the market.

Think of the children.

Think of that guy who came in bragging about spending like 800 bucks that could have gone towards his entry-level BMW.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Think of the children.

Think of that guy who came in bragging about spending like 800 bucks that could have gone towards his entry-level BMW.

BMW manufactures hundreds of thousands of cars every year, making their rarity pretty low.

Only hundreds(?) of TOTY Ronaldo cards ever get obtained on FIFA ultimate team.

So don't pretend like owning a BMW is a better indicator of ones elite status, cause that's just not true.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

TheBigAristotle posted:

Think of the children.

lmao the best part was the "if you guys are melting down about 800 dollars you should see the guys in the hearthstone thread!!!"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The best part was you're not including the fact that one of the huge whales in the hearthstone thread was also him

For me I just like to feel some sort of progression when I play, I guess that's why I like RPGs and poo poo rather than straight up adventure games. Like, if I play pro clubs my dude is getting a little bit better every time or we're all working towards a league win together or something. If I play Ultimate Team I'm working towards my team having more money to buy more cool players or whatever, if I play normal seasons I don't get any overall advancement, that's why I like UT.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My beef revolves around the little things like EA GameFace, a practice mode in the arena that allows a custom number of AI teammates and opponents, (multiplayer skill games would be a nice new idea) etc that have been fallen by the wayside to make room for it.

It's pretty clear that the budget will from here on be taken up by new FUT crap and whatever the next lame story mode is.

Let me opt out of FUT and pay less, or maybe let me put my coins into a FUT market mutual fund. Then when FIFA finally adds a mode that combines Pro Clubs with FUT, I can contribute them to my team's transfer budget.

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 13, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Blaming FUT for fifa's shortcomings is really stupid. EA is just a bad company that has the soccer video game market cornered. This is the only year FUT has significantly changed since like fifa 11 or whatever so it's not like it's getting major treatment. The "big" changes (sbcs weekend league) are nice but not exactly ground breaking or time consuming to implement. There are plenty of glitches and inconsistencies that have been in the game for years that EA just doesn't address. Taking away the bells and whistles from the arena doesn't make sense and I don't see how it would be related to FUT. The issue is EA doesn't have to make a good game, they have to make an ok game. They'd still be making mint with or without the FUT game mode. I haven't played Madden in a decade but people talk up a lot about how much more depth that game has in comparison to fifa so maybe it's just the EA Fifa team in particular that's exceptionally bad. I mean just compare EA to any modern game developer. Slow patch releases that address nothing and in fact fail to address things the notes say they do, banning tons of long term players because of their lovely trading bot spotting algorithm, they had a gamebreaking chemistry glitch in the game for years, they still haven't fully explained many things about player attributes and chemistry (what exactly does composure do?) The list goes on and on. FUT is not to blame EA is.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 13, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I vote we ban FUT

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

With EA focusing on FUT and Konami being just incompetent, 2k should make a football game to put some pressure on them.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Trying to enter the football game market without the FIFA licensing bonanza is suicide, EA could poo poo out crap football games for over a decade and remain relevant solely through the power of licensing and Big Names, Pro Evo evaporated in a couple of years once it lost its gameplay edge.

Nobody wants to play as North London Blue or Merseyside Red and control players named Dave Louis or Bob Fireman.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 13, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Trying to enter the football game market without the FIFA licensing bonanza is suicide, EA could poo poo out crap football games for over a decade and remain relevant solely through the power of licensing and Big Names, Pro Evo evaporated a couple of years once it lost its gameplay edge.

Nobody wants to play as North London Blue or Merseyside Red and control players named Dave Louis or Bob Fireman.

Hope you did the squad builder for the MLS MVP David Mansion card!

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

TheBigAristotle posted:

I vote we ban FUT

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Trying to enter the football game market without the FIFA licensing bonanza is suicide, EA could poo poo out crap football games for over a decade and remain relevant solely through the power of licensing and Big Names, Pro Evo evaporated in a couple of years once it lost its gameplay edge.

I'm assuming that let's say 2k (because they have money) would pay for the rights. Konami is losing licenses because they're cheapasses and they rely on the diehard fans to do the job for them, that's why you can install custom option files and kits on ps4 and yet still be able to play online.

But hey, it's what I think. Both EA and Konami are lazy because they have their fans and will keep selling despite what they do.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Konami basically sells no copies outside of japan as far as I know. I'm not actually sure how they're even still able to afford to make the game.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just wanna put this out there because I hate when people look at this with huge rose-colored glasses:

ESPN NFL Football 2k5 was actually also a crap game

Scrambling was actually more broken than Madden (since Madden added audible QB spy in madden 05) and if you timed the snap well you could get like 20 sacks a game with a good DT

I'm just pre-empting before anyone laments that EA has a monopoly on American football

2k basketball is obviously great tho

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 13, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
2k5 was great but it was pretty broken yeah.

Also Record Breaker or whatever Buffon SBC, 89 rated special buffon, 4 juve players and 85 overall/100 chem is all it requires. So if you've got a couple of the high rated juve CBs you're set.

e: Even with inflated prices right now that means a top 3 GK for like maybe 60k or so? You can do like 1 87, 1 86, 1 85, and 3 84s 3 83s and 2 82s.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 13, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

2k5 was great but it was pretty broken yeah.

Also Record Breaker or whatever Buffon SBC, 89 rated special buffon, 4 juve players and 85 overall/100 chem is all it requires. So if you've got a couple of the high rated juve CBs you're set.

e: Even with inflated prices right now that means a top 3 GK for like maybe 60k or so? You can do like 1 87, 1 86, 1 85, and 3 84s 3 83s and 2 82s.

Avoid that SBC at all cost imo. Buffon's nif is bad this year and IF gks are rarely better than their normal card. You're blowing a lot of money for an untradeable who is worse then nif Perin. Buffon has that trait where he doesn't come out for crosses too.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Seltzer posted:

Avoid that SBC at all cost imo. Buffon's nif is bad this year and IF gks are rarely better than their normal card. Your blowing a lot of money for an untradeable who is worse then nif Perin. Buffon has that trait where he doesn't come out for crosses too.

Haha love the fact that they delayed releasing this to gently caress over all the people hoarding cards for it before. So I'm guessing we'll get a movember SBC come next month.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Buffon has that trait where he doesn't come out for crosses too.

yeah but so does literally every other keeper, apparently.

e: on the other hand you can sell all your guys for max price and buy them back in a couple days.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 14, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Weekend rewards are out and in my 2nd all rare megapack I get a walkout and the portuguese flag drops and I'm like noooooo loving way and its loving Pepe of course.

About had a drat heart attack for that second thinking I had packed Big Ron.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah pepe is just there to troll

And here I thought you'd be reeling away in celebration

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I finished "the journey" last night and what a crock. It's only one season and as soon as you get the England call-up it's over. All you get is a lousy FUT card of Alex and FUT sucks.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
good, the journey sounded bad from the getgo, vertical marketing dross

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just wish I could find that photoshopped picture of the Journey promo where it's like Alex Hunter and Wayne Rooney standing there and Rooney is looking down and towards the corner off-camera with this dumb evil grin and Hunter's dialogue options are like

"I don't know, she looks pretty drunk" and "Go for it, mate"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah ok I had the players backwards but rofl

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

GutBomb posted:

I finished "the journey" last night and what a crock. It's only one season and as soon as you get the England call-up it's over. All you get is a lousy FUT card of Alex and FUT sucks.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the ending. I even lost the stupid FA Cup final in a penalty shootout and didn't get called up lol. I didn't realize it was one measly season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So there's something going on for the next two weeks with fut champions starting tomorrow apparently. People who would normally have autoqualified due to last weeks performance aren't qualified, and the calendar for the fut champs schedule ends with this weekend. People who have called EA to ask if the qualification thing is broken have been told essentially that all will be revealed tomorrow, so something is happening and nobody knows what.

Auto qualification for everyone seems pretty likely, and maybe also potentially not limiting it to the weekend but just "you have two weeks to play 3 weekends worth of games, have fun" or something.

• Locked thread