Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I hope someone can find some solid evidence that conclusively links Duterte to one of these major crimes so he can be slung in jail and we can all get on with our lives.

The inquiries broadcast on TV never seem to have any hard evidence and end up being he-said-she-said or discussions on competely irrelevant topics for political brownie points.

However, I feel if Duterte just came out and said "yeah I ordered the killing of that dude but I had some proof he was a drug kingpin, honest, also he was having an affair" most of the populace would still blindly support him.
____

In other news, you might remember the Cebu port bidding fiasco, where the Cebu Port Authority (CPO) had a 9bn port ready to build but were blindsided by the Mayor and Duterte who surprise announced a Chinese company had got a contract instead for a private port owned by the Chinese company, costing 18bn. It was super fishy, with the Mayor acting really suspect.

The CPO held their ground despite the pressure, and the 9bn port will go ahead.

The head of the CPO, a retired coast guard, was however yesterday fired by Duterte personally, presumably as punishment for not towing the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Our vice president has just resigned from her position as housing secretary in the president's cabinet. She did so after being instructed by the president to desist from attending future cabinet meetings.

quote:

MANILA -- (UPDATED) Vice President Leni Robredo will tender her resignation as Housing Secretary from the Cabinet of President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday.
She made the announcement in a statement released on Sunday.
According to the statement, she received a text message on Saturday from Cabinet Secretary Jun Evasco, Jr., relaying the President's instruction through his executive assistant Bong Go for her “to desist from attending all Cabinet meetings" starting December 5.
"This is the last straw, because it makes it impossible for me to perform my duties. Hence, I am tendering my resignation from the Cabinet on Monday, December 5, 2016. With this resignation, you can expect that I will continue to support the positive initiatives of this administration and oppose those that are inimical to the people’s interest," Robredo said.

MANILA -- (UPDATED) Vice President Leni Robredo will tender her resignation as Housing Secretary from the Cabinet of President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday.
She made the announcement in a statement released on Sunday.
According to the statement, she received a text message on Saturday from Cabinet Secretary Jun Evasco, Jr., relaying the President's instruction through his executive assistant Bong Go for her “to desist from attending all Cabinet meetings" starting December 5.
"This is the last straw, because it makes it impossible for me to perform my duties. Hence, I am tendering my resignation from the Cabinet on Monday, December 5, 2016. With this resignation, you can expect that I will continue to support the positive initiatives of this administration and oppose those that are inimical to the people’s interest," Robredo said.

Robredo, however, clarified that she will not allow the vice presidency to be "stolen" from her.
"I will not allow the will of the people to be thwarted. I will continue to serve the Filipino family and fulfill their dream for a better life," she said.
"We had hoped this day would not come. I had been warned of a plot to steal the Vice Presidency. I have chosen to ignore this and focus on the job at hand. But the events of recent days indicate that this plot is now being set into motion," Robredo warned.
Robredo noted that she and Duterte had "major differences in principles and values" citing her opposition to issues such as the burial of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos in the Libingan ng mga Bayani, extra-judicial killings, reinstating the death penalty, lowering the age of criminal liability, and sexual attacks against women.
However, she said she hoped to set their differences aside since they both have the mandate to serve the public.
"I had hoped that this shared commitment to the poor and marginalized would transcend the differences between us," she said.
Despite her short term as Housing secretary, Robredo said the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) had several accomplishments despite several obstacles she faced.
She pointed out that the budget for all key shelter agencies in 2017 has been slashed by more than P19 billion.
Robredo also said that "key shelter agency appointment recommendations have not been acted on" and that the Executive Order designed to make HUDCC effective has not been signed.
"I will not allow the will of the people to be thwarted. I will continue to serve the Filipino family and fulfill their dream for a better life," she said.
"We had hoped this day would not come. I had been warned of a plot to steal the Vice Presidency. I have chosen to ignore this and focus on the job at hand. But the events of recent days indicate that this plot is now being set into motion," Robredo warned.
Robredo noted that she and Duterte had "major differences in principles and values" citing her opposition to issues such as the burial of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos in the Libingan ng mga Bayani, extra-judicial killings, reinstating the death penalty, lowering the age of criminal liability, and sexual attacks against women.
However, she said she hoped to set their differences aside since they both have the mandate to serve the public.
"I had hoped that this shared commitment to the poor and marginalized would transcend the differences between us," she said.
Despite her short term as Housing secretary, Robredo said the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) had several accomplishments despite several obstacles she faced.
She pointed out that the budget for all key shelter agencies in 2017 has been slashed by more than P19 billion.
Robredo also said that "key shelter agency appointment recommendations have not been acted on" and that the Executive Order designed to make HUDCC effective has not been signed.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chird posted:

In other news, you might remember the Cebu port bidding fiasco, where the Cebu Port Authority (CPO) had a 9bn port ready to build but were blindsided by the Mayor and Duterte who surprise announced a Chinese company had got a contract instead for a private port owned by the Chinese company, costing 18bn. It was super fishy, with the Mayor acting really suspect.

The CPO held their ground despite the pressure, and the 9bn port will go ahead.

The head of the CPO, a retired coast guard, was however yesterday fired by Duterte personally, presumably as punishment for not towing the line.
hahaha wow he really wants to speed up the "vassal state" process

e: also good odds on that guy being extrajudicially killed for the usual cover reason

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 4, 2016

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So one thing I want to know is what happens to the Philippines and Duterte once China's economy implodes?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I've got a dumb Duterte loving relative constantly posting Duterte memes but I don't know enough about Filipino history to get what this is about or recognize the other people in the picture. Wait I know one of them is Ferdinand Marcos...what does he or Duterte have to do with those specific priests? What is this all about? Isn't one of the dudes a screencap from a movie or something? It looks like it :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/PresidentDuterteSupportersWorldwide/photos/a.655994071235887.1073741828.655634921271802/685747078260586/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I've got a dumb Duterte loving relative constantly posting Duterte memes but I don't know enough about Filipino history to get what this is about or recognize the other people in the picture. Wait I know one of them is Ferdinand Marcos...what does he or Duterte have to do with those specific priests? What is this all about? Isn't one of the dudes a screencap from a movie or something? It looks like it :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/PresidentDuterteSupportersWorldwide/photos/a.655994071235887.1073741828.655634921271802/685747078260586/

The top pair looks like Jose Rizal and a movie depiction of some priest

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Clearly this means Duterte needs to form his own church.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Top-left is Jose Rizal. Top-right is a lazy caricature of a old-timey priest.
It's saying that Jose Rizal was killed by the Spanish colonial establishment, which is inextricably intertwined with the Catholic Church.

Middle-left is Ferdinand Marcos. Middle-right is Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila from 1974 to 2003.
It's saying that the Catholic Church was responsible for Marcos's ouster, given that he was an outspoken critic of the Marcos regime and that he organized popular resistance that would eventually lead to the EDSA Revolution.

Bottom-left is, of course, Duterte. Bottom-right is Socrates Villegas, Archbishop of Lingayen-Dagupan and President of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines.
Villegas, through the CBCP, has been a critic of the administration's human rights record. More recently, he has also criticized the move to bury Ferdinand Marcos Sr. in the National Heroes' Cemetery.

The image is basically saying:

Rizal was a great man (this is widely-accepted history), Marcos was a great man (this is revisionist bullshit), and by comparison Duterte is also a great man (this is propaganda). The first two of them were brought down by the Catholic Church working against their interests, and we should reject the statements of the CBCP and the Catholic Church lest we also see a third great man fall to Catholicism's dastardly undermining.

In some contexts, it's a bit clever because the modern Catholic Church's rejection of progressive measures on reproductive health, and their image as a money-grubbing, out-of-touch organization with lots of olds, combined with their history of being enablers of Spanish oppression, means that you couldn't easily say that the Church has universal approval among Filipinos, either.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a nice, long article on Crony Capitalism: The Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism reports that 89.28% of Rodrigo Duterte's campaign funding came from just 13 people.

Half a dozen of these folks are now cabinet appointees, and the rest are directly profiting from their companies benefiting from the administration's policies or contract awards.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

why are there so many large shopping Malls in the Philippines?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

People love their free air conditioning.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Seriously, it's November and still hot as gently caress outside.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Malls are:

1) clean

2) cooled

3) safe

I always end up staying wayyyy more time in malls in Asia than when I'm in a European city based on this. Also you can get tasty spiked fruit milkshakes in the Ph malls, so no need to go anywhere else.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

halokiller posted:

People love their free air conditioning.

No wonder filling people full of holes is so popular in the Philippines.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I thought American malls would look like these futuristic sci fi malls with screens everywhere and people demonstrating incredible new products all over the place, but I was shocked when I went to America and realized the malls were actually pathetic. I was like, "this is the 'Great Mall'? What the hell, I can think of some garbage Philippine malls better than this."

Homeless Friend posted:

No wonder filling people full of holes is so popular in the Philippines.

:drat:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I'd bet cash money the overwhelming majority of Americans have no idea where the Great Mall is located. Giving a poo poo about something like that would be inexplicable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What kind of cheap rear end "National Mall" do you yankees think you're fooling anyway. No air-conditioning at all.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Argue posted:

I thought American malls would look like these futuristic sci fi malls with screens everywhere and people demonstrating incredible new products all over the place, but I was shocked when I went to America and realized the malls were actually pathetic. I was like, "this is the 'Great Mall'? What the hell, I can think of some garbage Philippine malls better than this."

:drat:

Easily the most impressive malls I've been in have all been in Asia. I think mainly because they're newer, but also with the heat, the noise and the traffic there's big incentives to get people comfortable and indoors away from that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

caps on caps on caps posted:

why are there so many large shopping Malls in the Philippines?

Probably for the same reason there are so many malls in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omVHP35La9c

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Draft Senate report on killings: Oplan TokHang unconstitutional

Senator Richard Gordon also cites the 'very bad behavior' of his colleagues Leila de Lima and Antonio Trillanes IV during the hearings

quote:

MANILA, Philippines – Oplan TokHang violates people's constitutional rights.

This was one of the findings of the Senate committee on justice and human rights, which conducted a probe into the spate of extrajudicial killings under the Duterte administration.

Senator Richard Gordon, committee chairman, said the conduct by which authorities ask alleged drug users and pushers to surrender and sign a waiver or document is illegal.

Oplan TokHang had started in poor communities, then eventually reached gated villages, subdivisions, condominiums, and offices.

The operation, critics and human rights activists said, have paved the way for extrajudicial killings.

"(In Oplan TokHang, there is violation of people's constitutional rights. They need to have lawyers, and they should be taught their constitutional rights against self-incrimination and their rights against rogue policemen.)," Gordon told reporters on Tuesday, December 6.

Oplan TokHang was first introduced in Davao City, with cops literally knocking on the doors of suspected drug users and dealers to persuade them to stop using or peddling drugs. "TokHang" is a contraction of the Visayan words "toktok" (knock) and "hangyo" (request).

"(There should be a lawyer when they sign documents. Some did not even surrender but they were told to come with the police. They were told, "Sign that to signify you were a drug addict, that you were a former like this." That is prohibited, that should not be done.)," Gordon said.

Even as Gordon recognized the loopholes in authorities' operation, he maintained that neither President Rodrigo Duterte nor the state is sponsoring extrajudicial killings. He also reiterated that there was no proof of the Davao Death Squad.

"(We did not get any proof that the killings are state-sponsored and the witnesses were too short. We accommodated all witnesses of Senator Leila de Lima but they were not able to prove the existence of the Davao Death Squad. What we have proven is that Matobato was lying.)," Gordon said, referring to witness Edgar Matobato who accused Duterte of ordering killings when he was Davao City mayor.

Gordon, in the report, recommended the filing of charges against Matobato.

Asked how to reconcile the seemingly contradictory findings – faulty police operations and no state sponsorship of killings – Gordon said the government backs the operation as a way to identify drug users and dealers, but not as a way to conduct summary executions.

"(Sponsored in such a way for identifying drugs, for dismantling drug syndicates or going after drug pushers. But not to kill them. State-sponsored is when you say, "Let's kill them."),'" the senator said.

'Very bad behavior'

Another finding of the committee, Gordon said, is the "very bad behavior" of De Lima and Senator Antonio Trillanes IV – two of the fiercest critics of the President.

De Lima walked out during one of the hearings, after Gordon accused her of "material concealment" for allegedly not disclosing the fact that Matobato was accused of kidnapping alleged terrorist Sali Makdum.

Senate transcripts, however, showed that Matobato himself revealed this fact in past hearings. But Gordon stood by his accusation.

"(De Lima behaved very badly by walking out. A senator doesn't do that.)," Gordon said.

Gordon also denounced Trillanes for allowing Matobato to leave the Senate premises without asking permission from him. Gordon alleged that Trillanes did that because Matobato's supposed "lies" were already evident.

At the time, Trillanes denied it and explained that Matobato had been waiting for his turn since 7 o'clock in the morning but the Senate never called him to testify.

Despite these incidents, Gordon said he did not recommend any charges or complaints against the two senators for their conduct.

"(I will leave it up to the Senate to do that. I did not put in the report that the two senators were recommended to be charged over ethics violations. It would be up to the Senate if they want the ethics committee to look into the incidents.)," said Gordon.

Gordon earlier threatened to file an ethics complaint against De Lima for her "unparliamentary acts" but eventually changed his mind.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The House justice committee just approved the reimposition of death penalty, with a vote of 12-6-1.

http://interaksyon.com/article/135027/house-justice-committee-approves-death-penalty-bill posted:

“If the one in front of you is Satan, what can the courts do? Oh my God, bigyan mo naman ang gobyerno ng option na patayin na ‘yan (give the government the option of killing them),” he said.

Majority Leader Rodolfo Farinas, a co-author of the bill, said although the 1987 Constitution prohibits the death penalty, it allows Congress to reinstate the punishment for “heinous crimes.”

He noted that some people take the law into their own hands because they fail to get justice from the courts.

“What do we want EJK (extra judicial killing) or JK (judicial killing)? At least ‘yung judicial killing may (the judicial killing goes through) due process,” Farinas said.

Duterte says that there is no way he'll allow the cops who killed Mayor Espinosa in prison go to jail.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/12/07/16/police-in-espinosa-rubout-wont-go-to-prison-duterte posted:

(I will not allow these guys to go to prison., even if the NBI says it was murder. After all, the NBI is under me, the Department of Justice.)
Duterte said he is more inclined to believe the police, whom he said he ordered to kill drug personalities who resist arrest during operations.
“Kasi ako, naniwala ako sa pulis kasi kaming mga mayor, congressman, sino ba ang paniwalaan nila? Ang pulis o ang criminal o yung mga suspetsa suspetsa?” he said.
(We mayors, congressmen, who do we believe – the police or a criminal?)

Then there's this little beauty, which I get the feeling is illegal:

A notice from the police to business establishment owners in a particular "barangay" (similar to a village or ward), telling them that all employees must go mandatory drug testing for renewal of business licenses. Failure to comply means inclusion on their drug watchlist. There have been similar reports in other barangays of families receiving notices of mandatory attendance at anti-drug briefings.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
New York Times: ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Animals’

quote:

YOU HEAR A MURDER SCENE before you see it: The desperate cries of a new widow. The piercing sirens of approaching police cars. The thud, thud, thud of the rain drumming on the pavement of a Manila alleyway — and on the back of Romeo Torres Fontanilla.

Tigas, as Mr. Fontanilla was known, was lying facedown in the street when I pulled up after 1 a.m. He was 37. Gunned down, witnesses said, by two unknown men on a motorbike. The downpour had washed his blood into the gutter.

The rain-soaked alley in the Pasay district of Manila was my 17th crime scene, on my 11th day in the Philippines capital. I had come to document the bloody and chaotic campaign against drugs that President Rodrigo Duterte began when he took office on June 30: since then, about 2,000 people had been slain at the hands of the police alone.

Over my 35 days in the country, I photographed 57 murder victims at 41 sites, each represented by a yellow dot on this map.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Scaramouche posted:

It's from the documentary called "Imelda" and the best part is the ending "see, it's a happy face!"

Found it, and that wasn't the ending! She goes on to explain her portals to peace after that! It starts here and goes on until around 1:04:10 when Fr. Reuter finishes talking about how bored she made him.

Everyone watch that segment I marked out to see how looney she is.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Here's Duterte doing an impression of Donald Trump. Didn't believe it until he mentioned the Mexican border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHX8dYprN90

I wonder if Donald Trump will call for the cancellation of Duterte too

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Gentlemen, rejoice! For we are first in line for Trump's fantastic array of conflicts of interest!

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-foreign-business-deals-jeopardize-us-531140?rm=eu

seriously though goddammit americans can't you get your poo poo together even when you're loving up in the global hegemony game you're still loving us third-worlders at the same time

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Duterte has admitted to personally executing drug suspects.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Meanwhile, the Senate is also pretty much ready to give Duterte emergency powers so that he can "fix" our traffic crisis.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

I also liked in that particular speech how he admitted to abusing painkillers against his doctor's orders

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

quote:

"And I'd go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also. I was really looking for a confrontation so I could kill."

I have never seen a head of state so openly encourage random violence in the streets what the gently caress am I reading. This is crazy. This is like a 13 year old's power fantasy after watching a bad action film.

And they're going to give him a state of emergency over some traffic.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1431GM

quote:

The Philippines has canceled a trip next year by the U.N. special rapporteur on extrajudicial killings to look into the rising death toll in its war on drugs, the country's foreign minister said on Wednesday.

Perfecto Yasay said the United Nations could not pursue its investigation because special rapporteur Agnes Callamard had declined to accept the conditions set by the government of President Rodrigo Duterte.

"They cannot come," Yasay told reporters in the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh. "If they will not comply with the conditions of our president regarding their visit to the Philippines to validate their claims, then the trip will not push through. They cannot come here."

Yasay said there were no indications Callamard would comply with Duterte's guidelines. He did not say what the government's guidelines were, although Duterte has said he wanted to challenge the U.N. rapporteur to a public debate.

Hope someone leaks the terms.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

No need to leak them, Duterte announced them (of course).

They had to accept his offer of a public debate. The person coming here would also have had to "take an oath on their statements", whatever that means. He also made some vague reference to the investigations being conducted "under Philippine jurisdiction".

quote:

In his invitation, Duterte specifically indicated that Callamard's public presentation of her investigation on the Philippiness should be made in the presence of the president.

Duterte also requested to be allowed to publicly ask questions to the special rapporteur on the reports and for him to present additional information for clarifications.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/11/08/1641738/un-special-rapporteur-mum-duterte-invitation
http://www.rappler.com/nation/143711-duterte-un-expert-summary-executions-debate
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/26/16/duterte-sets-conditions-for-un-drug-killings-probe

So basically, "yes detective, I will let you investigate my house for clues about the murders I'm suspected of... but you have to agree to let me debate you about whether or not the victims had it coming."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

They had to accept his offer of a public debate. The person coming here would also have had to "take an oath on their statements", whatever that means. He also made some vague reference to the investigations being conducted "under Philippine jurisdiction".

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/11/08/1641738/un-special-rapporteur-mum-duterte-invitation
http://www.rappler.com/nation/143711-duterte-un-expert-summary-executions-debate
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/26/16/duterte-sets-conditions-for-un-drug-killings-probe

So basically, "yes detective, I will let you investigate my house for clues about the murders I'm suspected of... but you have to agree to let me debate you about whether or not the victims had it coming."

The "under Philippine jurisdiction" thing might also mean that any physical evidence gathered might be put into the hands of the Philippines for "safekeeping" and other such things that would likely aid in undermining the investiagtion.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/15/world/philippines-duterte-killings/index.html

i'd like to see how they spin it into "a 6 year old drug dealer"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Argue posted:

I would assume take an oath means they'll be threatened with imprisonment for lying about human rights abuses (it's all lies obviously).

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Duterte spokesman 6 hours ago: 'Don't be silly, of course the President didn't mean he literally killed people!'

Duterte just now: 'Yup, I killed them. Three of them. I shot them with bullets. From my gun. They died. That's a thing that happened.'

I'm trying to think of something intelligent to say about this, but nope, nothing suggests itself.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Bye-bye, America! ... The Philippines does not need your money. China will provide so many!

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

also here's a stupid take
---------------------------->

He's been saying this for like half a year now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Apraxin posted:

Duterte spokesman 6 hours ago: 'Don't be silly, of course the President didn't mean he literally killed people!'

Duterte just now: 'Yup, I killed them. Three of them. I shot them with bullets. From my gun. They died. That's a thing that happened.'

I'm trying to think of something intelligent to say about this, but nope, nothing suggests itself.

:geno:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

He's been saying this for like half a year now

He also says he hopes to get along with Trump since they're "birds of a feather."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I like how he was going around on his motorcycle murdering those evil drug users with extra fentanyl patches stuck to him.