Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

sniper4625 posted:

is basically my reaction, yeah.

Did Jitsu just invent a new emote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

How is Akane so consistently the best and strongest Jitsu wa

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Rodyle posted:

How is Akane so consistently the best and strongest Jitsu wa

Well... if you want to know a little bit more about her past, wait for chapter 153.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Youko is just too cute this chapter.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
This is peak Jitsu wa and all I really wanted from the past X chapters was more Youko+Asahi being cute+dumb.

also thats some fierce victim blaming there Youko dang

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sexy Asahi is just too much for me, goddamn :allears:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

drat insects, just coming to our country, stealing our men!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Holy gently caress tarage i simultaneously wish I didn't and also glad I did read past your posts on 4chan because :tviv:
What's the chapter difference between raws and translated?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

Holy gently caress tarage i simultaneously wish I didn't and also glad I did read past your posts on 4chan because :tviv:

Like 30 ~ 40 chapters.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Zeruel posted:

About 9 months. And yes, poo poo is realer than real in the raws. I am very pleased with the direction things are going and glad that this little gem of a manga is getting the ending it deserves without the fear of it being rushed or canceled.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

About 9 months. And yes, poo poo is realer than real in the raws. I am very pleased with the direction things are going and glad that this little gem of a manga is getting the ending it deserves without the fear of it being rushed or canceled.

I'll take your word for it, but yeah, nice to hear this isn't getting the Bleach treatment.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CommissarMega posted:

I'll take your word for it, but yeah, nice to hear this isn't getting the Bleach treatment.

Bleach kinda deserved that though. Jitsu wa has always had a coherent direction in mind, even if it goes off the rails every so often into cute-dumb-land.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

CommissarMega posted:

Bleach treatment.

Multiple years to reach a satisfying conclusion completely squandered on meaningless bullshit?

Seriously, guy was told he gets one story arc to wrap things up, so he goes and introduces a new bunch of characters with an alphabet naming scheme.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

Multiple years to reach a satisfying conclusion completely squandered on meaningless bullshit?

Seriously, guy was told he gets one story arc to wrap things up, so he goes and introduces a new bunch of characters with an alphabet naming scheme.

When he's written into a corner he just fills in the gaps from his previous chapters to create an entire new enemy group to fight for dozens of meaningless chapters. Kubo simply cannot handle juggling so many people nor can create a world that feels expansive. His writing is like the mmo expansion packs of manga. Check out the new spaniard inspired skeleton men and the German whatever the gently caress I didn't even bother to read it and that group of fullbringers that literally did not matter in the grand scheme of things.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Kubo has admitted when he's out of ideas, he introduces new characters.

He is out of ideas a lot.

He is also very good at character design.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
"When in doubt have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand."

*Author proceeds to panic as the room begins to fill up with dozens of characters with guns in their hands*

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TerminusEst13 posted:

That's probably the one thing Kubo is good at which is a shame.

I probably wouldn't mind a manga by Kubo if he was only doing the art while someone else wrote the story. I'm sure Togashi could use the help.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

That's probably the one thing Kubo is good at which is a shame.

I probably wouldn't mind a manga by Kubo if he was only doing the art while someone else wrote the story. I'm sure Togashi could use the help.

An arrangement similar to what One did with OPM would work nicely.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So long as someone else does backgrounds. :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kyte posted:

So long as someone else does backgrounds. :v:

Isn't that usually an assistant's job anyway?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

TerminusEst13 posted:

Remember when Grimmjow showed up at the end and then just kinda stopped existing?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Remember when Grimmjow showed up at the end and then just kinda stopped existing?

If only Grimmjow had never existed in the first place.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mors Rattus posted:

Isn't that usually an assistant's job anyway?

I feel like I remember Kubo saying something to the effect of intentionally minimizing backgrounds so that the readers would focus on the characters. So, even with assistants, it might just be a directive from above.

It's too bad that that direction is poo poo.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#977a584baf71e768

Get your fix of Bleac-- er Jitsu.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

oh snap

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

No matter how many times it happens, I always fall for this manga pretending to be serious.

Never doubt the cute+dumb :allears:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#977a584baf71e768

Get your fix of Bleac-- er Jitsu.

Well that raised a million more questions than it answered.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
School Council President is consistently the best part of any chapter she appears in.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

JosephWongKS posted:

School Council President is consistently the best part of any chapter she appears in.

Karen is an adorable dork and I want her as a big but clumsy sister.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm dead

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
So nice to see Akane's true power and Genjirou's true self in the same chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Holy poo poo I only just noticed the box has parted hair and ears drawn on it.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
And there are bows stuck on the side flaps like they're pigtails.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Of course the Mysterious Know-It-All's just as cute and dumb as the rest of the cast :allears: That being said, it was really heartwarming at the beginning, seeing Akane turn from some wicked demon hag into the principal we all know and lo- we all know. Can't wait to see the rest of the plot (and the cast) thicken as well!

EDIT: Also, that monk at the beginning must've been some kind of sennin-level badass to convince Akane to turn over a new leaf, goddam.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 22, 2016

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

CommissarMega posted:

Of course the Mysterious Know-It-All's just as cute and dumb as the rest of the cast :allears: That being said, it was really heartwarming at the beginning, seeing Akane turn from some wicked demon hag into the principal we all know and lo- we all know. Can't wait to see the rest of the plot (and the cast) thicken as well!

EDIT: Also, that monk at the beginning must've been some kind of sennin-level badass to convince Akane to turn over a new leaf, goddam.

Turns out she'll do anything for sweets.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So... what's up with the change of appearance over time? Does she age like Benjamin Button or something.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She started caring more about how she came across to people/humans after she started caring for them.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Mindblast posted:

So... what's up with the change of appearance over time? Does she age like Benjamin Button or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50mhbLsWE0I

Being small is convenient.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45oGosBiXdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Most of the staff is on break right now so here's two omake chapters we haven't done yet.

http://bato.to/reader#f5920798996d4d80
http://bato.to/reader#042e7ec4a5dabde0

We may or may not have a chapter next week, as we are out of scanned raws and our raw provider hasn't given me a date for when he'll be able to scan more.

Happy Holidays/New Year all!

• Locked thread