Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rudatron posted:

i'm an alt

of satan

ama

Is Saddam Hussein really that gay or is it played up on South Park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is a tankie the opposite of a SJW?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I want to know what a tankie is. I don't like tank tops that much.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

what does this mean

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Watch as the US isolates itself ever more internationally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Majorian it must be hard going through life with the words "I'm an dimwit, shoot me in the face" instead of a mouth

I'm trying to come up with an image of how this would look and I'm not succeeding.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I want to know what a tankie is. I don't like tank tops that much.

it originally meant leftists who stuck to a pro-Soviet line through the 50s, 60s and 70s as the Soviets sent the tanks in to crush any popular dissent in their puppet states

majorian seems to be using it as a synonym of bernie bro

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is a tankie the opposite of a SJW?

it's supposed to mean Stalinists or people who defend the Soviet Union's suppression of Eastern Europe with whataboutism

so naturally Majorian thinks it applies to everyone in this thread, despite the fact he's always wanted the US to bend over backwards and let Putin assfuck Ukraine and the Middle East because of some nebulous hurt Russian feelings

so really he's the closest thing to a tankie in this thread

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Obama used up a lot of his goodwill pushing TPP, almost selling Social Security down the river to the GOP, and pushing Hillary; I don't know how well his endorsement of Perez is gonna work this time around. A few months ago, he might have still been able to push him, but after the associated loss with Clinton I feel the weight has been diminished.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

im def getting probated for my only foray into d&d

Live with no ragrets friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnZ2bbYw_Tc

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

what does this mean

Obama argues that Congress doesn't need to use sanctions, the White House can punish Iran if necessary, and it fears Congress is trying to kill the nuclear deal. Congress approved sanctions with 2/3 majority and it cannot be vetoed anyhow. The nuclear deal is dead and now John Bolton will bathe in the Supreme Leader's tub.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it's supposed to mean Stalinists or people who defend the Soviet Union's suppression of Eastern Europe with whataboutism

so naturally Majorian thinks it applies to everyone in this thread, despite the fact he's always wanted the US to bend over backwards and let Putin assfuck Ukraine and the Middle East because of some nebulous hurt Russian feelings

so really he's the closest thing to a tankie in this thread

It's true, like Lord Trump, pbuh, I long only for Ukrainian blood.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why Ukranian blood? It's tainted with Chernobyl radiation. You should for some of that pure Belarussian blood. It's much better for you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Neeksy posted:

Obama used up a lot of his goodwill pushing TPP, almost selling Social Security down the river to the GOP, and pushing Hillary; I don't know how well his endorsement of Perez is gonna work this time around. A few months ago, he might have still been able to push him, but after the associated loss with Clinton I feel the weight has been diminished.

I don't think most of the people who voted for him but not for Clinton view him that way, though. I honestly don't think they're as aware of how Obama enabled neoliberal policies as they are of how the Clintons did. If they did, his approval ratings wouldn't be as high as they are.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why Ukranian blood? It's tainted with Chernobyl radiation. You should for some of that pure Belarussian blood. It's much better for you.

If memory serves, the wind blew a lot of the particles over the border into Belarus, so there's no clean blood.

Only Russian blood is clean.:ussr:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icantfindaname posted:

it originally meant leftists who stuck to a pro-Soviet line through the 50s, 60s and 70s as the Soviets sent the tanks in to crush any popular dissent in their puppet states

majorian seems to be using it as a synonym of bernie bro

Oh so it's just another crazy person talking. Thanks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Majorian, you have the same kind of nimble wit that has made McSweeney's a household name

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
were you the guy who fed Hillary that killer "trickle up trickle down" quip that won her the debate, Majorian?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Neeksy posted:

yeah, I think Perez probably would have had a better shot had Hillary won but the winds are blowing in Ellison's favor right now. Even if a bunch of Clintonites come out of the woodwork for Perez at the last second, Ellison already has a lot of big endorsements from across the party locked in and is already building up a public grassroots presence early. It sucks that Perez is throwing his hat in to start up some inter-party bullshit but I think Bernie and Keith have done a pretty good job positioning themselves as the leaders of the post-Trump Dems in the public eye right now

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

were you the guy who fed Hillary that killer "trickle up trickle down" quip that won her the debate, Majorian?

Nah, I was a Bernie, so they wouldn't listen to me.:wink:

(I think you're mixing me up with binow or someone else on Clinton)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trumped Up Trickle Down

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

two people agreed with me then i was ignored

good times

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nonsense posted:

Trumped Up Trickle Down

see how memorable it was?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

see how memorable it was?

I'm pretty sure even zoux winced at that one. (privately, when he wasn't probating Bernies)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/11/15/newsweek-posts-gop-oppo-research-on-bernie-sander/

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Trumpenproletariat posted:

lol when the gently caress did Majorian get the balls to start posting in c-spam again after the crushing humiliation of Clinton's loss?

he was sucking id politics dick and smugging it up about the fall of the privileged (poor as poo poo) whites more than anyone

like all uspol regulars he thinks people will forget about all the dumb poo poo he posted if he lies low for a little while

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

like all uspol regulars he thinks people will forget about all the dumb poo poo he posted if he lies low for a little while

I'm not afraid of you, tankie scum.

(seriously, I'm not embarrassed at any position I've taken this election)

\/\/\/ewww\/\/\/

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I've come to tank and to chew scum and I'm never going to run out of scum.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Unfunny Poster posted:

Belarus probably got hit worse than Ukraine did from Chernobyl going off, the power plant is like right on the border

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

people honestly thought hillery would win texas, even goons.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Map by Amanda Marcotte.

\/\/\/this thread are sick\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 09:06 on Dec 15, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
This thread is nuts!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RIP

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hill did about as well as 08 Obama in Texas, that ain't nothing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

whats trickles up must trickle down my man

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

Hill did about as well as 08 Obama in Texas, that ain't nothing.

yeah, she halved the 2012 margins romney got. with an actually good candidate in a decade or so maybe texas will go blue. too bad its the democratic party

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah, she halved the 2012 margins romney got. with an actually good candidate in a decade or so maybe texas will go blue. too bad its the democratic party

A bruised, bloodied, gutted Democratic Party ripe for a takeover.:getin:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look all im saying is that Keith Ellison had better be able to parlay the DNC chair into a presidential campaign because the alternative is, like, Gavin Newsom or some poo poo.

maybe Kamala Harris, God willing and the creek dont rise

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

look all im saying is that Keith Ellison had better be able to parlay the DNC chair into a presidential campaign because the alternative is, like, Gavin Newsom or some poo poo.

maybe Kamala Harris, God willing and the creek dont rise

Warren shall be our owl-like savior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the bench is a nightmare

• Locked thread