Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Americans are world renowned for their great taste of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

paranoid randroid posted:

know who else cut a chart-topping album in the UK? Crazy Frog

that can't be true

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Much like with MIGF I appreciate the undiluted Americaness of Volkerball's posting.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
good god...

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Muse were more popular than Jesus in England for several years. They were the Usain Bolt to England's Jamaica.

England: notable for good taste?

Also what a grave insult to the world's fastest and coolest man

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that can't be true

okay fine it was a chart topping single

point being - it took Jarvis Cocker like 20 years to crack radio play, but the Brits cheerfully embraced an obnoxious frog. the UK has completely fuckawful taste.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

point being - it took Jarvis Cocker like 20 years to crack radio play, but the Brits cheerfully embraced an obnoxious frog. the UK has completely fuckawful taste.

Who. And yeah Americans definitely steer clear of obnoxious musicians with brains the size of a raisin.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

take that was a bad band

I liked angels by Robbie Williams though

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i don't like that thing you like

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i've lost my faith in humanity

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's up guys just listening to the new Jarvis Cocker album. I love the song on there he did with Wellington Dicknose.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i've lost my faith in humanity

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

What's up guys just listening to the new Jarvis Cocker album. I love the song on there he did with Wellington Dicknose.

music is wasted on you, hope this helps

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Joe Biden experienced tragedy early in his career with the loss of his wife and child; Neville’s parents were tortured with the Cruciatus Curse and were lost to him forever. Like Biden, Neville is famous for “gaffes,” but in the end, there’s not a truer or more effective friend and wizard than Neville. Or Joe Biden.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

yeah we get it youve got the musical taste of an mall industrial goth circa 2005

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

yeah we get it youve got the musical taste of an mall industrial goth circa 2005

no see those ones prefer his infernal majesty

this is more like an emo kid hanging out by the hot topic

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

this is more like an emo kid hanging out by the hot topic

Nah I listen to bands like rammstein that bring energy while you all go stand in the back of shows where teenage girls play acoustic guitar and everyone stares at you because it is very weird for someone as visibly old as you to be there.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Nah I listen to bands like rammstein that bring energy while you all go stand in the back of shows where teenage girls play acoustic guitar and everyone stares at you because it is very weird for someone as visibly old as you to be there.

ahaha

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

i'm 24; project much?

also I hang out up front because it's more fun :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

Lmao

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

ok I'm being driven insane; what on earth is this even supposed to be?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yah alright Mr PoD whyncha settle your poo poo down real quick before yall start railing about how women dont rock properly or w/e

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have found slavatuvs's reddit profile

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

ok I'm being driven insane; what on earth is this even supposed to be?
a holiday recipe, apparently

quote:

4 Tbsp Salt (Morten Kosher)
3/4 cup Canola Oil
2 Tbsp leftover pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups Popcorn kernals
2 Cinnamon sticks

Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and place sauce pan on low pile of more salt on kitchen counter. Let sit for 35 min.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's totally not weird because I think she's a good a musician and it's not like I want to gently caress her I mean she's only like 17 by God. So anyways did you guys see the latest episode of Magasuki big tit schoolgirl friends? It was great. So well written.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other words, im not sure what that is supposed to be either

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It's totally not weird because I think she's a good a musician and it's not like I want to gently caress her I mean she's only like 17 by God. So anyways did you guys see the latest episode of Magasuki big tit schoolgirl friends? It was great. So well written.

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Have you considered being less creepy and not committing statutory?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

How have you not died in an "industrial accident" yet

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Volkerball posted:

delete your account

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hello dickeye! Mr comic book distributer here again. We've got a new series that's really been a hit. It's called cardigan, and it's about a woman who fights crime with the powers bestowed upon her by her sweater that was developed in a secret government laborat-

Dickeye, puking. "Get the gently caress out of my store"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

are they infusing popcorn kernels? does that even work?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

Hello dickeye! Mr comic book distributer here again. We've got a new series that's really been a hit. It's called cardigan, and it's about a woman who fights crime with the powers bestowed upon her by her sweater that was developed in a secret government laborat-

Dickeye, puking. "Get the gently caress out of my store"

I don't even know what you're trying to say here but I'm proud of you for attempting to use the English language to communicate ideas

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

the latest episode of Magasuki big tit schoolgirl friends? It was great. So well written.

please don't bring anime into this discussion, it has done nothing wrong

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't even know what you're trying to say here but I'm proud of you for attempting to use the English language to communicate ideas

We're on to the "you all jerk it to scantily clad cartoon girls" part of the debate. Please keep up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

are they infusing popcorn kernels? does that even work?
no idea other than it certainly does not work

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
sometimes i feel like listening to marching music on youtube, but then all the recommended videos are from obvious neo-nazis

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

We're on to the "you all jerk it to scantily clad cartoon girls" part of the debate. Please keep up.

You literally cannot keep your burns consistent

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

sometimes i feel like listening to marching music on youtube, but then all the recommended videos are from obvious neo-nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TwseiYiFQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-officials-putin-personally-involved-u-s-election-hack-n696146 hahah

quote:

U.S. intelligence officials now believe with "a high level of confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin became personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Two senior officials with direct access to the information say new intelligence shows that Putin personally directed how hacked material from Democrats was leaked and otherwise used. The intelligence came from diplomatic sources and spies working for U.S. allies, the officials said.

Putin's objectives were multifaceted, a high-level intelligence source told NBC News. What began as a "vendetta" against Hillary Clinton morphed into an effort to show corruption in American politics and to "split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn't depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore," the official said.

Ultimately, the CIA has assessed, the Russian government wanted to elect Donald Trump. The FBI and other agencies don't fully endorse that view, but few officials would dispute that the Russian operation was intended to harm Clinton's candidacy by leaking embarrassing emails about Democrats.

The latest intelligence said to show Putin's involvement goes much further than the information the U.S. was relying on in October, when all 17 intelligence agencies signed onto a statement attributing the Democratic National Committee hack to Russia.

The statement said officials believed that "only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities." That was an intelligence judgment based on an understanding of the Russian system of government, which Putin controls with absolute authority.

Now the U.S has solid information tying Putin to the operation, the intelligence officials say. Their use of the term "high confidence" implies that the intelligence is nearly incontrovertible.

"It is most certainly consistent with the Putin that I have watched and used to work with when I was an ambassador and in the government," said Michael McFaul, who was ambassador to Russia from 2012 to 2014.

"He has had a vendetta against Hillary Clinton, that has been known for a long time because of what she said about his elections back in the parliamentary elections of 2011. He wants to discredit American democracy and make us weaker in terms of leading the liberal democratic order. And most certainly he likes President-elect Trump's views on Russia," McFaul added. Clinton cast doubt on the integrity of Russia's elections.

As part of contingency planning for potential retaliation against Russia, according to officials, U.S. intelligence agencies have stepped up their probing into his personal financial empire.

American officials have concluded that Putin's network controls some $85 billion worth of assets, officials told NBC News.

Neither the CIA nor the Office of the Director of National Intelligence would comment.

A former CIA official who worked on Russia told NBC News that it's not clear the U.S. can embarrass Putin, given that many Russians are already familiar with allegations he has grown rich through corruption and has ordered the killings of political adversaries.

But a currently serving U.S. intelligence official said that there are things Putin is sensitive about, including anything that makes him seem weak.

The former CIA official said the Obama administration may feel compelled to respond before it leaves office.

"This whole thing has heated up so much," he said. "I can very easily see them saying, `We can't just say wow, this was terrible and there's nothing we can do.'"

• Locked thread