Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot wait to see how Tien has some how absurdly worked his way up the reigns to be barely on the level of Beerus while all the other humans slacked off again.

Seriously the fact that Tien went up against Super Buu is hilarious. Sure he couldn't do anything but the sheer fact that he didn't get instantly merced is better than Krillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I cannot wait to see how Tien has some how absurdly worked his way up the reigns to be barely on the level of Beerus while all the other humans slacked off again.

Seriously the fact that Tien went up against Super Buu is hilarious. Sure he couldn't do anything but the sheer fact that he didn't get instantly merced is better than Krillin

Eh, I would say he got 'instantly merced.' He deflected a blast that wasn't aimed at him, cut a man made of goo in half with a sucker punch, and then Buu actually noticed him and knocked him out with one kick-without even bothering to reattach his legs.

Respect the moxie, though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One of my favorite bits of DBZ filler is when Krillin manages to get the Destructo Disk off against Kid Buu, but because it was Kid Buu it doesn't matter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ImpAtom posted:

Android 17's Park Ranger Duties becoming onscreen canon is the only thing I wanted.

I hope we get to see his family. I want to see cool dad 17.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I hope we get to see his family. I want to see cool dad 17.

Now remember kids, only you can prevent forest fires by blasting the hell out of people who don't properly smother campfires.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

One of my favorite bits of DBZ filler is when Krillin manages to get the Destructo Disk off against Kid Buu, but because it was Kid Buu it doesn't matter.

Then Yamcha encouraged him saying that if had been anyone else he would have saved the day.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

or cell, freeza, or zamasu

woulda worked p well on vegeta tho. I bet krillin could've solo'd raditz with the destructo disc

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Barudak posted:

Now remember kids, only you can prevent forest fires by blasting the hell out of people who don't properly smother campfires.

You've gotta BEAT THE FIRES LIKE A RUG

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

or cell, freeza, or zamasu

woulda worked p well on vegeta tho. I bet krillin could've solo'd raditz with the destructo disc

There's factual proof that Freeza can die to destructo disks though. :colbert:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I bet they run into 17 because Goku and friends take a trip to the park and end up almost burning it down.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

17 spends his days making sure that Yogi and Booboo stop taking all the park guests' pic-a-nic baskets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm pretty sure there is factual proof that being hit by a destructo disk won't kill him actually.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

freeza didn't die to the destructo disc and there's no way he wouldn't have just murdered krillin right afterwards anyway

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Destructo Disk has to cut Freeza vertically instead of horizontally.

Honestly surprised that worked, considering Freeza survived planetary implosion and Cooler tanked getting thrown into the sun.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly surprised that worked, considering Freeza survived planetary implosion and Cooler tanked getting thrown into the sun.

Frieza was 'alive' as a pile of minced flesh. Just saying.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Trunks slicing him up wasn't even what killed him, according to Revival of F. When he got wished back he was alive despite still being ice cubes. It was the blast after he got julienne'd by Trunks that did him in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Freeza survived Trunks slicing him into pieces. He just did not survive being disintegrated. Freeza's biggest issue is that he can't regenerate from those wounds. So being sliced in half would be bad for him.

Freeza's cells is why Cell was so durable as Piccolo can't survive a lot of the stuff that happened to Cell, but Cell can thanks to the Freeza part of him, which works well with Piccolo's regeneration.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

...So then is King Cold alive somewhere?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's in the home for infinite losers watching hellevision with the rest of the dead arc villains

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Is Hellvision like Godtube?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

godtube is the internet with adblock

hellevision is like trying to watch tv at 4 am; mostly infomercials and family guy reruns. also they got to watch buu kick people's rear end that one time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

this is the 17 I want, because he didn't get the whole 'love inspired the wish to fix me' thing to help soften him up. I want him to be a cool dad, but I also want his version of cool dad to be 'and if you see some little shits playing with matches, you just beat them up until they're REALLY sorry'.

There will be zero forest fires in his park, or everyone's going to suffer.

Also yay if that isn't a horrible tease of an ad then I get my wish of the androids being relevant AND Buu and Tien doing stuff hopefully.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want Firewatch starring Android 17.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I reeeally think TFS is way off in their beerus stuff movie beerus is a lot less menacing because he has to be movie beerus only gets an hour to go from mostly bad to kinda good Super beerus has at least a 100 episodes to go through his arc so yeah he's going to be more evil at the start and become more complex as we come to understand him more.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Elfgames posted:

I reeeally think TFS is way off in their beerus stuff movie beerus is a lot less menacing because he has to be movie beerus only gets an hour to go from mostly bad to kinda good Super beerus has at least a 100 episodes to go through his arc so yeah he's going to be more evil at the start and become more complex as we come to understand him more.

Except it's way more boring to see him take that character arc, and stuff like the bulma slap going from impulse to a ten minute build-up actively hurts the character as much as it does the pacing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Beerus doesn't have much a character, he is s tempremental brat, that is it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

beerus' characterization: "what if cats could talk and blow up planets"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

beerus' characterization: "what if cats could talk and blow up planets"

And some think he is the bad guy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TFRazorsaw posted:

Honestly, I disagree with them more about Beerus than I do Zamasu. That we didn't see the "dirty" part of his job was, in my opinion, to BoG's detriment. In the movies, all of the more unsavory aspects of his character are strictly informed, and not shown.

Beerus should be like a dangerous animal, restrained by his own whims and selfishness, and I think Super has a better handle on that.

I think it's to Super's detriment that they had Beerus in the BoG arc behave like a malicious dick. Beerus' characterization works far better as someone who's just supremely self-assured and doesn't go out of his way to be an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: Also the next chapter of the manga has photos floating around and in it Black gets the stuffing beaten out of him and requires an emergency heal by Future Zamasu.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, masako loves most of super including the ending of black goku arc so saying all of tfs is a bit off

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also the dbcember stuff is pretty much entirely written by kaiser and kirran

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
This is a reminder that Android 17 has a wife and kids

They will likely be adorable and play with their cousin Marron

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just read that Yamcha manga chapter.

I think I like this better as a legit "What if?" story then like any of the recent Multiverse ones.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Funky Valentine posted:

You've gotta BEAT THE FIRES LIKE A RUG

I swear, if he actually uses Super Electric Strike during this...

A thought occurs, though. "Universe Survival." I'm suddenly picturing something similar to "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" or other survival game show thingies that have been about over the years.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy posted:

Freeza survived Trunks slicing him into pieces. He just did not survive being disintegrated. Freeza's biggest issue is that he can't regenerate from those wounds. So being sliced in half would be bad for him.

Freeza's cells is why Cell was so durable as Piccolo can't survive a lot of the stuff that happened to Cell, but Cell can thanks to the Freeza part of him, which works well with Piccolo's regeneration.

There's an anime filler scene immediately after Cell absorbs 18 where Krillin attacks him and uses the Destructo Disc, which sort of splashes against Cell's neck and dissipates harmlessly while Cell is too busy checking himself out to notice.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had been under the impression that the yamcha manga was a peggy sue fic but it's SI which is even more terrifyingly real

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Apparently there is a bit of theory going around that that ISNT android 17 because he looks too "feminine" there, and that it's actually some alternate/clone of 18

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

17 always looked like that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Apparently there is a bit of theory going around that that ISNT android 17 because he looks too "feminine" there, and that it's actually some alternate/clone of 18

Yes, it is an alternate clone of Android 18 that looks identical to her brother and is also a park ranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They're twins.

Of course they look alike.

• Locked thread