Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

BarbarianElephant posted:

Looking at your rap sheet - "Oh my Yahweh shut up about Christianity already." sounds more like you overdid it on the monomaniacal god-bashing rather than SA being the Secret Lair of the Evangelical Right.

I overdid it on criticizing the Chosen One. I said that I felt her campaign was overly pandering to Christians. It was all "God this and Jesus that" especially with the choice of Kaine. The FCC should have fined David Brooks for public masturbation because of how he was getting off on the God-and-Flag talk presented there.

People called me a bigot for that, like they called me a bigot for supporting Bernie Sanders, like they called me a bigot for saying that you can't have social justice without economic justice.

AA has had it in for me ever since I talked about my time as an antifa activist. Now there are a multiple threads on leftist activism where people are all, "Have you heard about this antifa thing? They might be cool and seem to know some poo poo" but until Hillary lost the election (and lost bigly) that sort of talk was absolutely probatable.

EE just thinks I'm a troll because I'm outspoken and will occasionally engage in rhetorical shifts to demonstrate the absurdity of my opposition. Taken in a vacuum, those absurd posts can seem trollish. No hard feelings there, even if he is also a hillbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

I tried to watch some TYT and shut it off 3 minutes into it. All of their people have a condescending tone and they all act smug as gently caress.

TYT is garbage but it was fun seeing their reaction to Trump's victory

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pirate Radar posted:

Don't a bunch of major European countries still have Christianity as their state religion, or have explicitly Christian political parties in power (looking at you, CDU/CSU)?

Also they call association football "football" because they're not imaginative enough for more than one sport. Except you, Ireland. You're cool even if your football is weird.

By Constitution, Germany is a Christian country. Great Britain is explicitly not only a Christian Country, but a Protestant, Anglican Country.

France is, by constitution, a secular country.

As is America.

As is Turkey.

In High School, my history teacher would argue that the non-secularism of Germany meant that Germany was functionally more tolerant than countries like America or Turkey. Because reality deconstructs itself, every thesis creates its own antithesis as a matter of necessity. In "legally mandated" secular countries like America and Turkey, you can win bigly by appealing to religious voters who feel persecuted. Placating that extreme faction by giving them a state religion renders them toothless.

My advanced history teacher also taught the Catholicism class and also had a "complex" issue with right wing ideology since his father was a bad enough dude to have served serious jail time for his Nazi war crimes. That means he met his father for the first time when he was a teenager and his father loved to beat (and implied but never explicitly stated also maybe rape?) him. I'm saying it's not an unbiased thesis, especially in light of the rise of the far-right in Europe.

But in the '90s the postmodern approach made a certain amount of sense and I'm still not sure it's totally wrong.

Edit: Dude's father voted CDU his entire life. The unrepentant Nazi thought the CDU was just great. My teacher also hated the CDU. TBF, she's never courted the Neo-Nazis but Neo-Nazi musicians have created unironic odes to Merkel. I imagine that's fallen off as she's gotten more mainstream but it was there at one time.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 15, 2016

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

Ragnar34 posted:

I need someone to walk me through the logic of "Now that Trump is president, you're allowed to say Merry Christmas again." I need someone to give me a no-poo poo, good faith rundown of what Obama was doing to prevent anyone from saying "Merry Christmas" with only a little bit of invective at most. Is there a law? Is there going to be a law? Did a bunch of private companies put out notices about updated company policies re: saying "Happy holidays" in Trump's America?

I don't want to ask a conservative because I assume it'll just be the same speech about the war on Christmas and then maybe some anecdotes, and I'll spend 10 minutes digging hopelessly for an answer to my actual question of what Obama was doing to Christmas and what's stopping him now.

Is it a joke? Are they joking? Not about the war on Christmas, but this particular thing. Who here watches enough Fox News to spell out how the right got from point A to point B?

Employees were not allowed to say Merry Christmas so as to avoid "offending" customers. This is due to the PC culture that was perpetuated by Obama's presidency and liberal dominance over the media.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Decided to check in on Levin for the first time since the election. He's even more unhinged and hilarious now since the GOP got their victory but not in a way Levin approves of.

He spent the first part of the show laying into Trump about Russia and Putin. Then he shifts to comparing it to Obama "interfering" in the Israeli election because liberal Jews in the US supported an anti-Likud non-profit in Israel. Then he started talking about how terrible it is that Aleppo is being flattened as if he cared about human rights or the horrors of war at any previous point in time.

All of this was pretty unhinged and funny, but what happened before/after the first break was just magical. It's like nearly smoking gun evidence of him having paid shill callers. Two people called up on either side of the break, and each hit the exact same talking points with the same phrasings:

1. little "D" Democracy
2. the electoral college being genius wisdom of the founders
3. George Washington warning about two-party politics

Now, the thing is, I'm fairly certain that while you're on hold you get the feed of the show piped to you. So this paid shill caller had clearly gotten his paid talking point wires crossed with another paid shill caller, but wasn't listening to the show so he didn't realize it or something.

Now, this could just be his callers being incredibly stupid, but the way the calls matched in terms of order and in terms of specific phrasing was eerie. I thought I had accidentally rewound back before the break.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

twistedmentat posted:

Santa is a Christian part of Christmas because he went out and murdered a bunch of people at what I think was supposed to be the Council of Nicaea.

Wait, what? :stare:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

That's not true.

However, St. Nicholas became a saint in large part because he punched Arius at the council of Nicea because of Arius' non-trinitarian beliefs.

You may have heard of Arianism (not to be confused with Aryanism) as a major heresy in the early church. That's what it is about.

A lot of early depictions of St. Nicholas have him in chains because he was put in prison after he knocked out Arius. However, Arius's faction was sufficiently cowed so what we understand to be a normal Christian (there are very few non-trinitarian sects of Christianity) is in no small part due to jolly old St. Nicholas having a strong right hook.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My bad, I completely forgot Santa is loosely based on an actual saint.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shbobdb posted:

By Constitution, Germany is a Christian country. Great Britain is explicitly not only a Christian Country, but a Protestant, Anglican Country.

France is, by constitution, a secular country.

As is America.

As is Turkey.

In High School, my history teacher would argue that the non-secularism of Germany meant that Germany was functionally more tolerant than countries like America or Turkey. Because reality deconstructs itself, every thesis creates its own antithesis as a matter of necessity. In "legally mandated" secular countries like America and Turkey, you can win bigly by appealing to religious voters who feel persecuted. Placating that extreme faction by giving them a state religion renders them toothless.

My advanced history teacher also taught the Catholicism class and also had a "complex" issue with right wing ideology since his father was a bad enough dude to have served serious jail time for his Nazi war crimes. That means he met his father for the first time when he was a teenager and his father loved to beat (and implied but never explicitly stated also maybe rape?) him. I'm saying it's not an unbiased thesis, especially in light of the rise of the far-right in Europe.

But in the '90s the postmodern approach made a certain amount of sense and I'm still not sure it's totally wrong.

Edit: Dude's father voted CDU his entire life. The unrepentant Nazi thought the CDU was just great. My teacher also hated the CDU. TBF, she's never courted the Neo-Nazis but Neo-Nazi musicians have created unironic odes to Merkel. I imagine that's fallen off as she's gotten more mainstream but it was there at one time.

It's definitely an interesting argument. Do you agree with it, though? Sorry if I'm not reading well today but I didn't see that here.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Stop quoting Shbobdb

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pirate Radar posted:

It's definitely an interesting argument. Do you agree with it, though? Sorry if I'm not reading well today but I didn't see that here.

I'm sympathetic to that thesis and feel there is a truthiness there. But there are a lot of holes in it and the person who first presented it to me was clearly damaged and also clearly had an agenda.

I put it in the same bucket as Prester Jane's "narrativism" thesis. It provides insight and explanation of a world that is both politically very real and also one I have no meaningful understanding of. It also seems to map very well with the data we have in a post-hoc kind of way.

In both cases, the models have a great postdictive r^2, but so what? You can make any equation fit the data. I'm less convinced their equation will have predictive potential. In both cases (my advanced history teacher and Prester Jane) there is clearly a personal component. When I've criticized Prester Jane it's because I feel her personal bias is magnified by an exponent.

Same deal in the case of my history teacher. In the case of my history teacher, I feel like Reagan/Thatcher and their new world order has really hosed his thesis. And the Neoliberal salve that Clinton/Blair/Schröder applied made it linger a little longer.

But that's where it gets hard in the social sciences. ~40 years postwar to break then ~40 years to now. Seems compelling but if you go backwards and try to extrapolate by the same magnitude you are totally hosed.

I'm gonna go with my main thesis, that "all politics is local" and that "the past is a foreign country" so any model that holds over a sufficiently long time is necessarily suspect.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Shbobdb posted:

I overdid it on criticizing the Chosen One. I said that I felt her campaign was overly pandering to Christians. It was all "God this and Jesus that" especially with the choice of Kaine. The FCC should have fined David Brooks for public masturbation because of how he was getting off on the God-and-Flag talk presented there.

I literally just got back from a solstice dinner run by a local atheist group, and I'm still rolling my eyes at you for this poo poo. gently caress, if that's how you were posting back then, I probably would have probated you too.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pikavangelist posted:

I literally just got back from a solstice dinner run by a local atheist group, and I'm still rolling my eyes at you for this poo poo. gently caress, if that's how you were posting back then, I probably would have probated you too.

I'm sorry that my criticism of religious pandering offends you after you got back from a religious service. But what does that have to do with anything?

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

Shbobdb posted:

I'm sorry that my criticism of religious pandering offends you after you got back from a religious service. But what does that have to do with anything?

Literacy is not your strong suit, is it?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pikavangelist posted:

Literacy is not your strong suit, is it?

There are plenty of nontheistic religions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On the one hand, this argument going on seems pretty dumb and off topic

On the other hand, this is the first time I've checked in on the thread in like 2 weeks where it wasn't a full page of obsessing about some sad cartoonist so it's welcome at least

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

this argument going on seems pretty dumb and off topic

Despite the change of pace, you're right. I humbly apologize to this thread for not paying attention to Shbobdb's big red title, as it was clearly well earned.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Click my probation for my anti-Christian bigotry. Go back to page 538. Read forward. I stand by my statements and pretty much all the people who called me out where either crazy hillbots who got permabanned because they couldn't live up to the toxx or are well-meaning but naive crusaders who are a hammer seeking a nail and that nail is "racism" like Trab.

I'm cool with what I wrote and stand by it.

But we wouldn't want to offend the religious element, since nakedly pandering to them gave us President-Elect Hillary Clinton.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

Click my probation for my anti-Christian bigotry. Go back to page 538. Read forward. I stand by my statements and pretty much all the people who called me out where either crazy hillbots who got permabanned because they couldn't live up to the toxx or are well-meaning but naive crusaders who are a hammer seeking a nail and that nail is "racism" like Trab.

I'm cool with what I wrote and stand by it.

But we wouldn't want to offend the religious element, since nakedly pandering to them gave us President-Elect Hillary Clinton.

Did Rushbo or Levin say this or smtg

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

Did Rushbo or Levin say this or smtg

My favorite part of re-reading that thread is people saying, "Free speech means you can be a Nazi! It's self correcting, look at Trump. He will lose because he is a Nazi so it's OK to express Nazi sympathies. Your argument against self-limiting free speech is worse than Nazism! If you had your way, people like Trump might win an election!"

I've had some probations where I was exaggerating for show and I get how that might deserve a few hours. But the fact that Hillbots who are "just asking questions" about how maybe "it was black men who stabbed Hillary in the back so maybe instead of an leftward economic policy Dems should reconfigure policy to gently caress over black men to cater to the obviously present white racist misogynistic vote" get 6 hours probation and I'll get weeks after this post should maybe give you pause.

Especially since the people now calling for a totally rational, triangulated black genocide are the same people who were screaming at what a racist I was for not being sufficiently enthusiastic about Candidate Hillary Clinton.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

My favorite part of re-reading that thread is people saying, "Free speech means you can be a Nazi! It's self correcting, look at Trump. He will lose because he is a Nazi so it's OK to express Nazi sympathies. Your argument against self-limiting free speech is worse than Nazism! If you had your way, people like Trump might win an election!"

I've had some probations where I was exaggerating for show and I get how that might deserve a few hours. But the fact that Hillbots who are "just asking questions" about how maybe "it was black men who stabbed Hillary in the back so maybe instead of an leftward economic policy Dems should reconfigure policy to gently caress over black men to cater to the obviously present white racist misogynistic vote" get 6 hours probation and I'll get weeks after this post should maybe give you pause.

Especially since the people now calling for a totally rational, triangulated black genocide are the same people who were screaming at what a racist I was for not being sufficiently enthusiastic about Candidate Hillary Clinton.

ok cool i genuinely appreciate you taking the time out of your day to explain all your sixers to me

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

I'll bite; got a link to this thread? Call me naive, but I have to admit to being a little skeptical of goons calling for deliberately loving minorities.

Especially since, during the first week of Trump's victory, USPOL was nothing but people saying that fighting racism should've been reason enough alone to vote Hillary, and voting (or not voting) for one's own reasons/staying home was literal racism.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

It's... really not, though? See article 140 of said constitution, which incorporates a number of articles from the previous Weimar constitution:

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_gg/englisch_gg.html#p0862 posted:

(1) Civil and political rights and duties shall be neither dependent upon nor restricted by the exercise of religious freedom.

(2) Enjoyment of civil and political rights and eligibility for public office shall be independent of religious affiliation.

(3) No person shall be required to disclose his religious convictions. The authorities shall have the right to inquire into a person’s membership in a religious society only to the extent that rights or duties depend upon it or that a statistical survey mandated by a law so requires.

(4) No person may be compelled to perform any religious act or ceremony, to participate in religious exercises, or to take a religious form of oath.

Article 137

(1) There shall be no state church.

(2) The freedom to form religious societies shall be guaranteed. The union of religious societies within the territory of the Reich shall be subject to no restrictions.

(3) Religious societies shall regulate and administer their affairs independently within the limits of the law that applies to all. They shall confer their offices without the participation of the state or the civil community.

(4) Religious societies shall acquire legal capacity according to the general provisions of civil law.

(5) Religious societies shall remain corporations under public law insofar as they have enjoyed that status in the past. Other religious societies shall be granted the same rights upon application, if their constitution and the number of their members give assurance of their permanency. If two or more religious societies established under public law unite into a single organisation, it too shall be a corporation under public law.

(6) Religious societies that are corporations under public law shall be entitled to levy taxes on the basis of the civil taxation lists in accordance with Land law.

(7) Associations whose purpose is to foster a philosophical creed shall have the same status as religious societies.

(8) Such further regulation as may be required for the implementation of these provisions shall be a matter for Land legislation.

Article 138

(1) Rights of religious societies to public subsidies on the basis of a law, contract or special grant shall be redeemed by legislation of the Länder. The principles governing such redemption shall be established by the Reich.

(2) Property rights and other rights of religious societies or associations in their institutions, foundations, and other assets intended for purposes of worship, education or charity shall be guaranteed.

Article 139

Sunday and holidays recognised by the state shall remain protected by law as days of rest from work and of spiritual improvement.

Article 141

To the extent that a need exists for religious services and pastoral work in the army, in hospitals, in prisons, or in other public institutions, religious societies shall be permitted to provide them, but without compulsion of any kind.

The closest thing you'll find to an explicit religious aspect is a (non-denominational) reference to "god" in the preface of the constitution, but nothing of the kind in the actual text.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I should browse with avatars on more often, I guess.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Play it cool posted:

Employees were not allowed to say Merry Christmas so as to avoid "offending" customers. This is due to the PC culture that was perpetuated by Obama's presidency and liberal dominance over the media.

Turns out that the enemy in the war on Christmas was capitalism the whole time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pirate Radar posted:

I should browse with avatars on more often, I guess.

I honestly don't know how you remember anyone without a picture of like... Well, Julio Jones beating the poo poo out of a Ninja... or Yoda loving luke on Degobah... or Peyton Manning taking a poo poo into Tom Bady's mouth.

For real, this is how most of us recognize each other.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
The whole war on Christmas thing is funny to me because the only people to ban Christmas in this country were other Christians.

technically, Puritans, but still Christian

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

For real, this is how most of us recognize each other.

It's seriously Grace Jones every time I see it. I know it's not. But my brain never stops turning it into Grace. Every drat time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tony Phillips posted:

It's seriously Grace Jones every time I see it. I know it's not. But my brain never stops turning it into Grace. Every drat time.

The video it's from is a loving roller coaster of various pop culture references, so I'm not unconvinced they weren't TRYING to make him look like Grace.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get your calenders out!

Hannity and Hercules

quote:

Fox News’ Sean Hannity has delved into filmmaking by partnering with Kevin Sorbo on a movie in which the former star of TV’s Hercules: The Legendary Journeys will play a world-renowned atheist whose beliefs are dramatically challenged.

For Sorbo, this is the second time he is playing a character in a story with atheism as the central plot point, after having starred in God’s Not Dead, the surprise hit that made $61 million domestically on a $2 million production budget and spurred a sequel, God’s Not Dead 2, which made $21 million.

As for Hannity, he is making his first foray into filmmaking as executive producer, but it won’t be his last, according to insiders, as he is pursuing other projects. The longtime star on Fox News could reveal more about his plans on Wednesday during a segment on his show, Hannity, where Sorbo is booked as a guest.

The movie, dubbed Let There Be Light, also stars Sorbo’s wife, Sam, who co-wrote the script with Dan Gordon. Kevin and Sam Sorbo met when she appeared in several Hercules episodes, and the couple has worked together sporadically since then.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That movie should be delightfully awful. It's kind of a shame how willing Kevin Sorbo is to star in absolutely terrible movies as long as it talks about Jesus enough, he was really cool as Hercules.

Epic High Five posted:

On the other hand, this is the first time I've checked in on the thread in like 2 weeks where it wasn't a full page of obsessing about some sad cartoonist so it's welcome at least

Did someone mention some sad cartoonist?

some sad cartoonist posted:

Immediately after the election was decided, protests against Trump popped up in several cities. Protesting makes perfect sense if you think Hitler just came to power in your country. You must stop Hitler!

But the days went by and the protests fizzled out.

Huh?

If you REALLY believe Hitler just came to power in the United States, why would you stop protesting? What are you doing that is more important than stopping Hitler?????????

So why did the protests fizzle out? I find this question fascinating. So should you. Here are some explanations I can imagine:

1. Protesters decided that accepting Hitler as their leader was better than missing classes or skipping work.

or…

2. Protesters have now seen enough counter-evidence to diminish their hallucination of living in 1930s Germany.

I think the better explanation is the second one. Look at how much counter-evidence is accumulating:

1. Anti-Trump Republicans are making peace and supporting Trump. Would they do that if they thought he was Hitler?

2. Foreign leaders show every sign of being willing and able to work with Trump. Wouldn’t they be yelling “Hitler!” if they thought he was one?

3. Trump continues to disavow White Nationalists when asked. Would Hitler do that?

4. Trump has moderated his more extreme views on immigration, waterboarding, and trying to jail Clinton. That doesn’t sound very Hitlerish.

5. Trump’s public demeanor has transformed from campaign mode to governing mode. He looks more serious now.

6. A year ago it would have seemed ridiculous for a president to be tweeting provocative things several times a day. But now it looks almost normal. We even see the benefit of it because the media is a filter as much as a source of information.

7. Trump keeps meeting with people that opposed him, and both sides seem pleased with those meetings. That isn’t very Hitlerish.

8. Trump is non-interventionist. That doesn’t seem very Hitlerish.

9. Trump has done a better job of managing the country’s expectations and optimism than any prior president-elect. Consumer confidence and the stock market are up. It’s hard to dislike any of that.

10. Trump keeps demonstrating that he likes black people. Kanye West is the latest example. Football great Jim Brown also met with Trump and had good things to say. None of that makes sense if you think Trump is a racist.

11. Trump’s cabinet picks might not please everyone, but they are serious people for serious jobs.

Every time Trump does something reasonable – and he is doing a lot of that now – the hallucination of living in 1930s Germany weakens. I’d say it’s about half gone already.

Trump continues to disavow white nationalists, except for the one he appointed as his loving chief strategist.

Trump tweeting stupid and insane poo poo is actually good, because the media is bad.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Isn't Hercules, uh, dangerously pagan?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hercules is literally a member of the pantheon of a polytheistic ancient religion

Next up, the adventures of famous atheist historical figure, Zeus

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
There are exceptions for anything sufficiently traditional, or masculine, or even just deniably-homoerotic.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Sorbo's next project will just be old episodes of Hercules with the word "Jesus" dubbed over anytime someone says "Hercules" and "God" anytime someone says "Zeus." The last episode will be completely new, however, with Jesuscules slaying the evil Jews with the cross they were going to crucify him upon, complete with one-liners like, "Don't look so... cross!" and "We all have our crosses to bear!" and "Why did the Jew cross the road?!"

Bruce Campbell will also show up. As himself. Someone will ask him to cough up one of his old Evil Dead one-liners and Campbell will start to cry, softly.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Sorbo's next project will just be old episodes of Hercules with the word "Jesus" dubbed over anytime someone says "Hercules" and "God" anytime someone says "Zeus." The last episode will be completely new, however, with Jesuscules slaying the evil Jews with the cross they were going to crucify him upon, complete with one-liners like, "Don't look so... cross!" and "We all have our crosses to bear!" and "Why did the Jew cross the road?!"

Bruce Campbell will also show up. As himself. Someone will ask him to cough up one of his old Evil Dead one-liners and Campbell will start to cry, softly.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

sweart gliwere posted:

There are exceptions for anything sufficiently traditional, or masculine, or even just deniably-homoerotic.

A reminder that Hercules was the one who said the argonauts weren't real men because they wanted to hang out loving women instead of loving men.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I confess I've been avoiding this thread for a month because I was afraid to see how smug Dilbert would get.

Was it...as bad as I feared?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Deified Data posted:

I confess I've been avoiding this thread for a month because I was afraid to see how smug Dilbert would get.

Was it...as bad as I feared?

Imagine the smugness of Garrison with the mental illness of Tila Tequila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

WarMECH posted:

The whole war on Christmas thing is funny to me because the only people to ban Christmas in this country were other Christians.

technically, Puritans, but still Christian

Don't forget Jehovah's Witnesses