Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Psion posted:

Garrus. Always. In everything. Obviously! :v:

This person speaks the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

This person speaks the truth.

Accept no substitute. :colbert:

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Maximum Garrus.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, take Garrus in Part 2

Guy can face-tank like a champ

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Take the person who didn't get to come in the car.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
There's no Vakarian without Shepard, and there's no Shepard without Vakarian.

*odd couple theme plays*

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Tequila
Blue Curacao
Lime juice

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Garrus sucks

There, I said it.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

it'll always be crazy to me that the alien cricket-man dinosaur ended up being the most romanced npc :v:

between him, liara, javik and thane femmesheps really got to get their kirk on in this series :shepface:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

hard counter posted:

it'll always be crazy to me that the alien cricket-man dinosaur ended up being the most romanced npc :v:

between him, liara, javik and thane femmesheps really got to get their kirk on in this series :shepface:

My MShep could only romance two human dudes. I wanted to get my Kirk on, too! :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I can see that being a reason for so many Tali fans: why date a boring female human when you have a space elf or a space Romani?

I wouldn't mind if MRyder has some more "alien" options in Andromeda

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Aces High posted:

I can see that being a reason for so many Tali fans: why date a boring female human when you have a space elf or a space Romani?

I wouldn't mind if MRyder has some more "alien" options in Andromeda
Apparently you can bang half the galaxy in Andromeda.

I'll have the next few days off so I'm gonna make a push to get through as much recording as possible. With the new game due out March-ish I'd like to have the trilogy wrapped up by then. And with ME3 I'd like to show off some MP in bonus videos. If anyone has it on PS3 and would like to group up for some recording sessions speak up.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so there for PS3 ME3 MP (I think that's enough acronyms), although my internet isn't the greatest so depending on the night my game may poo poo itself sort of like the last time I did a multiplayer LP :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX_dMUadh4&t=1550s

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I wish you were on PC! I would totally sign up for that poo poo. Love love loved ME3 MP.

Never did polish off all the achievements, but I had nearly everything unlocked and a full stock of every consumable ever.

I also was kinda good at it :sicknasty:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah I have it on PC and have been spending some idle time just buying packs with the totally legit 9 billion space bucks that i totally earned through dedication to the game.
Getting all the black guns will happen eventually.

We could probably run some PC groups in addition to the PS3 ones.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 22, 2016

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

surely if you gave yourself that many credits you have maxed the amount of level 1, 2 and possibly 3 for the bonuses. However I agree the ultra-rare guns are a pain in the rear end to unlock

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Aces High posted:

surely if you gave yourself that many credits you have maxed the amount of level 1, 2 and possibly 3 for the bonuses. However I agree the ultra-rare guns are a pain in the rear end to unlock

Even if they're maxed you keep getting consumables. Only your credits are stored locally.

It is a pretty liberating feeling, however, being able to use rank 4 consumables with utter abandon.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Inspectre gadget

The Drink
Bullet Holes
2 oz tequila
1 oz blue curacao
3 oz lime juice

Mix ingredients in a shaker and shake well to combine. Pour in a rocks glass with ice. Note: this is basically a margarita with the BC filling in for triple sec, so tweak it according to your taste.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time an asari says something snarky

The Episode
When ME2 first came out, a lot of people complained how lame Liara was. I don't know if LotSB was always planned, but they sure addressed those complaints. Our relatively shy, nerdy girlfriend apparently invested heavily in self-improvement classes, because she got all badass while we were dead and helped herself to a sense of humor as well. Prior to the release of Citadel DLC for ME3 this was probably some of the best DLC Bioware has done. It's fun, to start with. It also clocks in at about 90 minutes so you felt like you got your $15 worth. And it somewhat addresses the problem of Liara if you romanced her in 1.

Cerberus is an incompetent organization who can't seem to get anything right, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Their twice was bringing Shep back from the dead, and apparently tracking down the most secretive individual in the galaxy, the Shadow Broker. We're casually handed this info in an email from TIM, so now that we've hosed around for a bit it's time to hand it over to Liara. Since it was DLC she doesn't get pissed you sat around on it while she bitched about how much time and energy she was devoting to find him. Some Drell named Feron helped her steal our corpse from SB, who was going to turn it over to the Collectors. I guess we're so badass they'll take our remains. In the process he got himself caught while Liara absconded with her favorite stiff. Now it's up to us to get him back.

We go to meet Liara at her apartment but somebody beat us to it and shot the place up. Another Spectre, Tela Vasir, is already on scene and helps us search for clues since Liara can't be found. We get a location and head on over, but SB's men blow the place up just as we're arriving. Turns out information brokering is very lucrative and he can afford his own army. I kinda wonder what the pay is and what he tells them, because they know who they work for. He must offer one hell of a benefits and retirement package for nobody to ever rat him out. After shooting our way through we find Sekat already dead. In a surprise twist that probably wasn't surprising if you paid any attention to her facial expressions, Vasir is actually the bad guy here and she runs off with the disk. We murder a few more of his goons and then Vasir escapes by car.

The car chase is fun. I drove bad on purpose so you could hear the line about the Mako - you miss it if you never crash into anything. Then Vasir crash lands on the swankiest brothel ever and we do more shooting. There are jokes, projectile furniture, and a decently fun boss fight. Vasir makes a pretty good point about how the Council mostly lets the Spectres go hog wild and mildly chastise them afterwards while I'm grumpy I can't say gently caress Cerberus. We get the location of the Shadow Broker's base, which is actually a big fuckoff ship, then have awkward conversation about why we're not getting laid.

Since Garrus won the coin toss and I liked the suggestion to take the other, Tali will join us for the next part. She's not super useful (Jack or Samara are way better with pull) but since we're playing on normal it doesn't matter. I'll most likely split up the next part into 2 videos, since we'll have the epilogue to see as well.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 27, 2016

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Stealing from the dead. That's pretty low :colbert:

EDIT: also the way I handle the boss in this video is to spam Liara's Stasis ability.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really liked this dlc, it was a bunch of fun ideas and setpieces. Citadel, not so much.
The ending I did not see coming at all.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really disliked the part after you rejoin Liara and where Vasir just casually jogs away in a straight line and your team mates are just standing near the window with weapons armed and a clear shot but they just stand there going hurrrrrrrr instead of even trying.

The parking lot was awful when I played through the dlc, because every time one or two enemies got stuck below the ground over and over and over and you are magically blocked until you defeat all of them. Apparently it wasn't an uncommon problem. :argh:

Fighting Vasir would have been a lot more fun and interesting if she didn't have a million hit points.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SubponticatePoster posted:

Our relatively shy, nerdy girlfriend apparently invested heavily in self-improvement classes, because she got all badass while we were dead and helped herself to a sense of humor as well.
Liara was kind of boring in ME1 and her whole "I wish Shepard-senpai would notice me :nyoron:" schtick wasn't great, but they pretty much rewrote her entire character for ME2 and I'm not sure if I like that any better. This goony shut-in who spent all her time on Prothean dig sites because she couldn't talk to people is now totally the bestest information broker on Illium. And it took her all of two years? A lot of which was spent recovering Shepard and whatever other bullshit was in that tie-in comic. Must have been a hell of a set of self-improvement and information brokering classes she took. Or maybe she absorbed some of Shepard's protagonist powers when she slept with her.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Doc Morbid posted:

Liara was kind of boring in ME1 and her whole "I wish Shepard-senpai would notice me :nyoron:" schtick wasn't great, but they pretty much rewrote her entire character for ME2 and I'm not sure if I like that any better. This goony shut-in who spent all her time on Prothean dig sites because she couldn't talk to people is now totally the bestest information broker on Illium. And it took her all of two years? A lot of which was spent recovering Shepard and whatever other bullshit was in that tie-in comic. Must have been a hell of a set of self-improvement and information brokering classes she took. Or maybe she absorbed some of Shepard's protagonist powers when she slept with her.
Shepard's magic privates can cure all ills!

Liara does mention that since the events in ME1 a lot of people are trying to cash in on the whole "saved the galaxy" thing by sucking up to her. So we would guess that getting info from people isn't as hard for her as it would be for a random schmoe. As far as being a badass, considering all the poo poo the crew gets up to in 1 recovering a dead Shep is probably low on the difficulty scale.

I'm also willing to let it go if for no other reason you never hear the phrase "barely more than a child" again. :v:

Poil posted:

I really disliked the part after you rejoin Liara and where Vasir just casually jogs away in a straight line and your team mates are just standing near the window with weapons armed and a clear shot but they just stand there going hurrrrrrrr instead of even trying.

The parking lot was awful when I played through the dlc, because every time one or two enemies got stuck below the ground over and over and over and you are magically blocked until you defeat all of them. Apparently it wasn't an uncommon problem. :argh:

Fighting Vasir would have been a lot more fun and interesting if she didn't have a million hit points.
The opposite of cutscene overpowered-ness, cutscene paralysis. Were you playing on PC? Because I never had that happen on PS3. I find Vasir is only a pain on insanity, but even then she's not all that bad. It's mostly the resets that are :argh:

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How do I even Citadel? I might have played through that DLC and missed it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ScreamingLlama posted:

How do I even Citadel? I might have played through that DLC and missed it.
It's pretty hard to miss :confused: Or you're referring to some other sideplot in it?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The opposite of cutscene overpowered-ness, cutscene paralysis. Were you playing on PC? Because I never had that happen on PS3. I find Vasir is only a pain on insanity, but even then she's not all that bad. It's mostly the resets that are :argh:
Yes, on pc but I think it was just normal difficulty or slightly hard. I can't remember. Her fight wasn't very difficult, just tedious. The only bits I had to redo was the parking lot bugging out and the last fight because I'm terrible at using cover properly. :v:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i thought much more highly of Vasir's defensive charging when i first played on release - my first shepard was an infiltrator so that's what i used against her, i thought my strategic use of tactical cloak was forcing her to whiff on her attacks so i felt pretty :smug:

oh well :shepface:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Vasir's argument of "you work for people who have done really bad things" would probably hold a little more weight if she hadn't just murdered a building full of innocent people.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

grack posted:

Vasir's argument of "you work for people who have done really bad things" would probably hold a little more weight if she hadn't just murdered a building full of innocent people.

It's not really an argument of "I'm doing the right thing" though, just "You're working with people who have done the same thing so shut up." Cerberus, in their wacky ME1 form, even released some Rachni on a few outposts and/or colonies I think.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Pfft. When Shepard brutally murders a ton of people she does it for the greater good :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Pfft. When Shepard brutally murders a ton of people she does it for the greater good :colbert:
I know, like that time we caused a prison ship to catch fire and killed a couple thousand so we could recruit a topless lady or when we shot all those crewmen who'd gone bonkers on that one planet from eating food their lovely captain forced them to.

We're the best!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Look the Reapers can't murder everyone if Butts kills them all first, right?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It fits well into the PTSD Akuze background for Shep.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Look the Reapers can't murder everyone if Butts kills them all first, right?
"Maybe I can short-circuit their programming if they get here and all the advanced sentient species are dead..." :shepface:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

I know, like that time we caused a prison ship to catch fire and killed a couple thousand so we could recruit a topless lady or when we shot all those crewmen who'd gone bonkers on that one planet from eating food their lovely captain forced them to.

We're the best!
To be fair, the prison ship deal was pretty cut and dry self-defense. Shepard had a deal arranged, they broke the deal and tried to enslave her, what do you think was gonna happen?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JT Jag posted:

To be fair, the prison ship deal was pretty cut and dry self-defense. Shepard had a deal arranged, they broke the deal and tried to enslave her, what do you think was gonna happen?
I dunno, maybe Shep could have handled the bad guys first, instead of getting the ship set on fire? Or called for some kind of help instead of buggering off to let the ship burn?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

They were all assholes anyways and Shep doesn't need that kind of competition

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I dunno, maybe Shep could have handled the bad guys first, instead of getting the ship set on fire? Or called for some kind of help instead of buggering off to let the ship burn?

Even Shepard didn't expect that level of cutscene overpoweredness from Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also it was totally Boobstrap that set the ship on fire, not Shep

• Locked thread