Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've wanted that Quizboy shirt for years so I was really happy to get one. The Camp Rusty shirt was icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Scored the Sgt. Hatred shirt.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Saw the announcement on twitter and managed to grab an Order of the Triad shirt plus whichever one my girlfriend bought me for xmas.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

null posted:

Thanks for the heads up on the t-shirts, I grabbed a 24 memorial one. I really wish I got the gray OSI one in season 5 (?).

I love my OSI shirt, half the time I wear it somebody recognizes it and says some quote to me.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tempted to buy another Sgt Hatred one, my original one is getting frayed.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cloks posted:

I've wanted that Quizboy shirt for years so I was really happy to get one. The Camp Rusty shirt was icing on the cake.

I'm jealous. All the Larges were sold out almost immediately.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That was the season I actually wanted shirts from. But not at $30 a pop. However if I could buy official Hank Bucks or still get a HankCo towel...

I think the only Venture merch I'd shell out good money for are would be 50s style model kits for the X2 and Gargantua 1/2. These are the guys who put out Mego dolls as action figures, so I can still dream.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

I'm jealous. All the Larges were sold out almost immediately.

My larges are too big for me.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Cacafuego posted:

My larges are too big for me.

:same: I barely wear any of the shirts I got from this season's club because they're all too freakin big

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Nice, thanks for the heads up. Although I couldn't get a guild t-shirt like I wanted, at least I got the triad shirt I've had my eye on.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Glad to hear the shirts run large, I wear a medium/large depending on manufacturer, and I could only find the shirt I wanted (Enzo's Specialty Tailoring) in medium on ebay. Fingers crossed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm rewatching orb and billy has pissjars

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Jose posted:

I'm rewatching orb and billy has pissjars

Maybe he just doesn't want to pee into a bucket of Payday bars.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
drat, I'm sorry I missed this. I would have loved a backup for my Killinger shirt. It's the most comfy 8 year old t-shirt I own, but the black is kind of faded after all this time.

How the hell has it been 8 years since the shirt club started? Did I lose time from recloning? Am I the original Nemo?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can re-up blacks with RIT, but depending on how the shirts are printed it could affect the printed content also.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i have nothing to say i just paused while watching and liked this freeze frame

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I bet legs are hard to animate.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I miss old Hatred.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dazerbeams posted:

I miss old Hatred.

I do hope the next season stops with the seemingly out of nowhere trend of making GBS threads on Hatred that started up during All This and Gargantua-2, it would be one thing if it was funny, but overall it just feels mean

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Any chance of a Christmas single this year? :kiddo: How late in the year have they put them online in the past?

I'll just listen to Hard Candy Christmas and The Misers over and over until then...

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

drrockso20 posted:

I do hope the next season stops with the seemingly out of nowhere trend of making GBS threads on Hatred that started up during All This and Gargantua-2, it would be one thing if it was funny, but overall it just feels mean

I think it makes sense given the position he occupies now - Brock is back in the picture so he's an also-ran.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

He went from a pretty capable villain to being an ineffectual bodyguard who was looked down upon by everyone. I preferred it when he was hell-bent on revenge against the Monarch.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Hatred and Gary really ought to get along and it's a shame they don't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who the gently caress is Gary?!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Two Tonne Twenty One.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the Hatred stuff works if you look at him as a recovering addict that is trying to make sense of his life after years of having lived in a completely different way with a completely different set of values. He's shown as incompetent not because he had no skill but because the skills he does have serve him no use anymore.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

PostNouveau posted:

I bet legs are hard to animate.
Terry Gross was interviewing Charlie Kaufman about Anomalisa and commented on how strangely the characters walked, and asked why that artistic decision was made, and Kaufman was like 'Uh, well, they're supposed to be walking normally. It's hard to animate walking"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

I got a woman's small Quizboy shirt and a Rusty Venture shirt.

Neither of these are what I ordered.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Cloks posted:

I got a woman's small Quizboy shirt and a Rusty Venture shirt.

Neither of these are what I ordered.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

perfect

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Agreed.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Looks like someone stole my Order of the Triad shirt off my porch. Tis the season to follow the mail truck and steal things I guess.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Delaio posted:

Looks like someone stole my Order of the Triad shirt off my porch. Tis the season to follow the mail truck and steal things I guess.

Sounds like SOMEbody has an archenemy...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I just realized: A hybrid of Red Mantle and Dragoon would be... Red Dragoon.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Delaio posted:

I find it crazy anyone would leave a parcel on the front door step of someone's house. They sometimes leave stuff in our red bins over here and tell you on a note, or even throw your computer heatsink 6ft over the fence directly on concrete, but they never leave it on the doorstep.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kesper North posted:

I just realized: A hybrid of Red Mantle and Dragoon would be... Red Dragoon.

p sure someone calls them that at one point

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It is funny really because in real life a dragoon was basically a mounted light cavalryman who basically got to the fight using his horse and usually doing the rest on foot most of the time.

Red Mantle is essentially Dragoons horse.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dazerbeams posted:

He went from a pretty capable villain to being an ineffectual bodyguard who was looked down upon by everyone. I preferred it when he was hell-bent on revenge against the Monarch.

Just a reminder that the boys never died under Hatred's watch.

Brock, on the other hand...

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
That's mostly because if they died under Hatred the titular characters of the show would no longer exist.

Especially because they killed off one of the members of the other pair of Venture Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's a point in Hatred's favor though. The stakes were so much higher. When Brock was bodyguard, they make it a joke of when the boys die. There's an episode when they laugh at all the wacky ways the boys get killed. There was no backup when Hatred took over and he took his job very seriously. Yet he still gets poo poo on by other people.