Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He forgot the ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
He's only holding something etherical, the body down at the bottom of the river has nothing even near it.

It is possible it was washed away by the current, but this is a bit too easy and not coincidental enough for this comic.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
He's holding Jeanne's heart.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Rumda posted:

He's holding Jeanne's heart.
YES! You understand, brother! With hearts that gleam, they are awaited in Valhalla! WITNESS THEM! WITNESS THEM! :unsmigghh:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well that way easy. Everybody can go home in peace now. :v:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Perestroika posted:

Well that way easy. Everybody can go home rest in peace now. :unsmigghh:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Now you've done it.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Five bucks says that after Jeanne is sorted with, ol' Hotbod Elf's ghost will take up residence on the opposite shore.

The gang's reaction: who cares, it's on their side of the river.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now get the gently caress out of there.

Don't wait for Parley, just trigger your jetpacks. Kat, you gave them all jetpacks in case of emergency, right?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Art is kinda off on this page. Which is fine, given how good the art in the rest of the chapter has been.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Man this doesn't answer anything, I can't take this suspense!

This is almost as bad as the Jones flashback, I love it and I hate it.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It turns out the arrow is made of enriched uranium and both Kat and Antimony now have hours to live before radiation sickness takes them both.

Turns out elfghosts really hate uranium.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Conot posted:

It turns out the arrow is made of enriched uranium and both Kat and Antimony now have hours to live before radiation sickness takes them both.

Turns out elfghosts really hate uranium.

Checks out. I mean how many of the people we last saw handling it are still alive?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Empirically, firing soulcatching arrows increases your risk of death by tripping over a dog 100%.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Potato Salad posted:

Empirically, firing soulcatching arrows increases your risk of death by tripping over a dog 100%.

Since people die by tripping over dogs sometimes anyway it actually wouldn't be an increase of 100 percentage points, although it might be a 100% increase on whatever percent chance there already exists, impossible to say without more data.
:goonsay:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'm glad it's locked away in a sealed box anywa....

Kat what are those wires coming out of the box?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Kikas posted:

She's using its etheric radiation to power a clock. Sort of like an etheric potato clock.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kikas posted:

To synchonise the enclosure to the tracker, of course!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You've managed to accurately explain a thing and leave me more confused than before. :golfclap:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Still waiting for Tony to part the waters with his aura of boring and drag Annie away for failing physics again.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bullying and stealing now, Antimony? Deplorable

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Court doing something along the lines of "wow we had no idea thanks for solving that, we'll take that arrow now" doesn't seem as though it'd be out of character for them. (Although the arrow will probably just end up in Kat's lab and we'll see it again in like five chapters)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The Court doing something along the lines of "wow we had no idea thanks for solving that, we'll take that arrow now" doesn't seem as though it'd be out of character for them. (Although the arrow will probably just end up in Kat's lab and we'll see it again in like five chapters)

No it will be the critical arrow that will save the court when it is shot through the chink in the armor of Coyote, who is finally free to ravage and pillage the Court at will.

Meanwhile, the ghost of Diego shakes his fist in their handcuffs as he it taken away by the ghost police while muttering "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bilirubin posted:

Meanwhile, the ghost of Diego shakes his fist in their handcuffs as he it taken away by the ghost police while muttering "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

"...and their fox!"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Why don't they have Renard with them?

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Mraagvpeine posted:

He already had plans for a movie night.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Mraagvpeine posted:

Either because he would be totally not down with them risking their lives for one murderghost, or because Jeanne would recognize him as the most powerful DPS and go straight for him, disregarding Parley's attempt to tank.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
It's cuz Jeanne has the best ghost scratches and tummy rubs and at the very least Renard would be totally out of commission instantly and at the worst he'd join her side

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I like the perfectly arrow-shaped etheric containment device. Hopefully some dickless moron from city hall won't shut it off.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

OgreNoah posted:

I like the perfectly arrow-shaped etheric containment device. Hopefully some dickless moron from city hall won't shut it off.

I feel like the court is the kind of place with a vault full of boxes marked NEVER OPEN which they keep up the containment procedures on even though they've forgotten what most of them were.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I feel like the court is the kind of place with a vault full of boxes marked NEVER OPEN where they dont keep up with containment procedures and whatever is inside slowly burns through the wood and kills nearby rats

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, so it appears that Kat didn't tell Annie she had a device that let her assume the mechanical Angel form peek into the Ether. Which is a weird thing to keep from your best friend when going on an alleged suicide mission against a raging murderghost.

It also appears that Annie is pretty good at expressing anger/frustration now that she had a chance to keep it separate from herself for a while. Panels 5 and 6 are on point in showing mixed emotions she has about this situation. Clearly it was a pretty scary experience.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 19, 2016

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Kikas posted:

Huh, so it appears that Kat didn't tell Annie she had a device that let her assume the mechanical Angel form peek into the Ether. Which is a weird thing to keep from your best friend when going on an alleged suicide mission against a raging murderghost.

It also appears that Annie is pretty good at expressing anger/frustration now that she had a chance to keep it separate from herself for a while. Panels 5 and 6 are on point in showing mixed emotions she has about this situation. Clearly it was a pretty scary experience.

Those two panels are great. I haven't seen a character so naturally go from "What the gently caress was that?!" to "...what the gently caress was that?" in...well, in anything I remember.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kikas posted:

Maybe reading a bit too much into that. I think it would be safe to assume they set the device up in advance and Kat just didn't test anything out on Annie. Or perhaps she even did but because the ether doesn't follow rules it was boring and normal when they tested it. It's just however Kat solved the giant fuckoff maze in Annie's perspective that freaked her out.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

CrashCat posted:

Maybe reading a bit too much into that. I think it would be safe to assume they set the device up in advance and Kat just didn't test anything out on Annie. Or perhaps she even did but because the ether doesn't follow rules it was boring and normal when they tested it. It's just however Kat solved the giant fuckoff maze in Annie's perspective that freaked her out.

I think it's quite possible they just didn't have time to test it out together at all, given how hard Kat had to work before she even had the idea to solve it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Its quiet possible they are talking about Kat's etheric form of course, not the device.

also: BRAAAAAAP

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Its quiet possible they are talking about Kat's etheric form of course, not the device.

also: BRAAAAAAP

This is what I assumed when I read it

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, it'd be reasonnable for Annie to be surprised her best friend cosplay as something out of Father Karras's dreams.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Annie literally just watched a God warp the mind space of an unsolvable maze around her in a manner that is impossible for her to comprehend. Being upset that her friend is better at this ether thing she's always prided herself on being the best at is understandable.

The homework thing was bad enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It may also be about the key/green device that let her jaunt into the Ether, which Kat would be uncomfortable talking about because its most likely a Diego design.

Thus the whole moral quandary about using the designs of such an awful man.

Its probably about the Omnissiah form though.