Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...
To help replace an insured building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I will hate the GOP until my dying breath. They are ghouls. I hope in the future their party is outlawed.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If you can't send em to the pen, send em to the morgue

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Glad to see the GOP is returning the favor by establishing a bipartisan election boar..
wait a second...
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/809223705570267145

lmfao they should honestly just add a bill that says the Dems have to wear dunce hats in the senate at this point

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trying real hard to be Worst Carolina, points for effort I guess

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
So uh, what are the chances of repealing this

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Because this is like the most naked power grab I've ever seen, outside of Pat just refusing to move out or something

New bill passes: governors mansion is only for GOP governors

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
A silver lining: whenever Ellison gets the DNC chair he can use NC as a testbed of how to beat the odds

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Spaced God posted:

Glad to see the GOP is returning the favor by establishing a bipartisan election boar..
wait a second...
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/809223705570267145

good loving god i hate this state more every day and ive been here over 30 years fffffuuuuuuucckk

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

logikv9 posted:

lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Well I guess it's time to edit the cutoffflorida.gif into a NC version

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if you want to believe that left wing policy can appeal to anyone in america, north carolina's the place to start believing in first, since they have the nearest national election

amusingly, the bill about even and odd numbered years for chairing the election boards would benefit the dems for the upcoming special election

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

pretty much all the big stuff loving with elections or the governor's office will wind up in the courts, but the idea there is for that to take several years so they can get what they want done in the meantime

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

The even/odd thing really goes beyond practical and into that twisted spiteful realm of just toying with their food that I expected them to take this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao its so shameless democrats should learn from it

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

so how does this work like, legally, does nc just turn its whole constitutional structure on a dime with single assembly bills

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

showbiz_liz posted:

Orange Country NC went 73% for Clinton. I don't know how you can say it 'isn't liberal'

hahaha what

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Peel posted:

so how does this work like, legally, does nc just turn its whole constitutional structure on a dime with single assembly bills

jesse helms helped rewrite our constitution in the 70s
it p much just lets the republicans do whatever they want

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
loving fuckheads and their smugness about being conniving assholes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nah, they're guileless cartoon villains who will insist that they haven't had and will not have any cookies when you walk in on them when they're elbow deep into the cookie jar.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phone posted:

Nah, they're guileless cartoon villains who will insist that they haven't had and will not have any cookies when you walk in on them when they're elbow deep into the cookie jar.

Meanwhile Dems are the parent who looks at them and goes "oh well ok then :shobon:" and lets it continue.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

well if the Democrats needs assholes I'm willing to merc for them for a price

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

showbiz_liz posted:

Orange Country NC went 73% for Clinton. I don't know how you can say it 'isn't liberal'

I think a better argument would be that Orange County was the only county in central NC that Sanders won in the primaries.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Meanwhile Dems are the parent who looks at them and goes "oh well ok then :shobon:" and lets it continue.

and then holds a fundraiser to buy them more cookies

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was thinking about making some lovely offhand remark about "Hey where's the leftist gofundme for this special session?" on Facebook last night, but I couldn't make it work out and ultimately: who gives a poo poo. Jesus gently caress, yeah let's raise 13 large because literally hundreds of dollars in corrugated plastic signage and two ugly vinyl recliners were savagely set ablaze. You dumb motherfuckers.

Didn't nothing happen consequence wise when it was found out that they had either ballots or voter information in the office?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Phone posted:

I was thinking about making some lovely offhand remark about "Hey where's the leftist gofundme for this special session?" on Facebook last night, but I couldn't make it work out and ultimately: who gives a poo poo. Jesus gently caress, yeah let's raise 13 large because literally hundreds of dollars in corrugated plastic signage and two ugly vinyl recliners were savagely set ablaze. You dumb motherfuckers.

Didn't nothing happen consequence wise when it was found out that they had either ballots or voter information in the office?

That was just sample ballots iirc

I'm half-expecting Duke to move to a new state now

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

please

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

they can officially become a member of the state university of new jersey system

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

they can officially become a member of the state university of new jersey system

Is that really a step up though?

eta
I'm glad we're getting a sneak preview of Trump's America
https://twitter.com/NARALNC/status/809519917783453697

Spaced God has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Dec 15, 2016

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/JoekillianPW/status/809545612567908352

Including reporters.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

on the bright side at least you guys have at least one reporter ballsy enough to get arrested to cover a story.

now have his start looking for the underaged mistresses that every southern gop politician has

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/RaleighReporter/status/809794338792374272

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Can someone brief me on why this doesn't violate the right to peaceful protest? Is it because they are only required to allow it within X feet of the building?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

I'm actually curious how it doesn't violate some kind of transparency law. This isn't the first time they've done this. The moral monday protests on Halifax Mall also got arrested. I'm still not exactly sure how or why that's legal. Is Halifax Mall some kind of no-trespassing zone or something?

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

three words: "free speech zone"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AP/status/809850721407475712

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
In the special session they removed personhood from so called "protestors" and those who self-identify as "Democrats", and the law/Constitution is quite clear that the government cannot stymie or disallow people who wish to assemble and protest.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Go back to tweeting about emails, you piece of poo poo wire service.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rurutia posted:

Can someone brief me on why this doesn't violate the right to peaceful protest? Is it because they are only required to allow it within X feet of the building?

who's gonna stop them? there's nothing that can really be done about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

There was a time not long ago that they were arresting protesters every WEEK. They got voted back in for the trouble. Why would they stop now?

• Locked thread