Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i also didn't think it was that big of an affront to suggest ghostwriting I thought that's just kinda a thing that happens when artists collaborate on projects and people accepted it as a thing that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

people who <extremely minor quibble> are disqualified from <larger thing>

look i admitted I was wrong based on mishearing one word in a verse and that one word makes it sound like a kanye written verse since like a quarter of kanye's content is bragging about all the sex they definitely have all the time

i didn't think looking up lyrics to songs you think are okay at best is something people do

look all i did was open my argument about how people who read Lolita should be put on government watch lists by saying that it was written by Mikhail Bulgakov

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

scar elevated the lower class though

scar did nothing wrong

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzNVidQwo0

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

im not sorry for not wanting to purge myself

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

paranoid randroid posted:

look all i did was open my argument about how people who read Lolita should be put on government watch lists by saying that it was written by Mikhail Bulgakov

Didn't Bulgakov also write a sister gently caress story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rodatose posted:

people who <extremely minor quibble> are disqualified from <larger thing>

look i admitted I was wrong based on mishearing one word in a verse and that one word makes it sound like a kanye written verse since like a quarter of kanye's content is bragging about all the sex they definitely have all the time

i didn't think looking up lyrics to songs you think are okay at best is something people do

I like your forced usage of gender neutral pronouns that doesn't sound retarded at all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Didn't Bulgakov also write a sister gently caress story

based on his other works, im gonna go with a definite maybe on this one

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
hooray for eit

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/arts/jerry-maguire-vhs-exhibit.html

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I like your forced usage of gender neutral pronouns that doesn't sound retarded at all
it's actually easier and it only sounds like that to you bc prescriptivism or whatever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rodatose posted:

it's actually easier and it only sounds like that to you bc prescriptivism or whatever

Lmao okay

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You seem like a pretty bitter person bro.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

hmmm

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

You seem like a pretty bitter person bro.

Remember when you quit the thread in a huff

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

try it 30 days risk free

after the initial period where you say he or she out of reflex, it comes naturally and you stop noticing it.

or don't it's okay to use regular pronouns if you want

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i get like to get mad about articles and conjunctions myself

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
but also

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The thread remembers many things :evilbuddy:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rodatose posted:

try it 30 days risk free

after the initial period where you say he or she out of reflex, it comes naturally and you stop noticing it.

or don't it's okay to use regular pronouns if you want

Reflex, the way our language works, whatever

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
evilbuddy is probably the best emote

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Seriously, what's going on, buddy? Why are you trying to hurt people here?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Majorian posted:

Jeremy Irons is in more horrible movies than good ones at this point, and yet by God, I still love the man.:allears:

When asked why he partook in a particularly bad movie, Jeremy Irons pointed out that he just bought a castle and those aren't cheap.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Randler posted:

When asked why he partook in a particularly bad movie, Jeremy Irons pointed out that he just bought a castle and those aren't cheap.

He owns.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

Michael Caine had an even better line about Jaws 4: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Reflex, the way our language works, whatever

prior to the 1800s, singular they was used commonly as a gender neutral pronoun. then english grammarians wrote extensively to have "he" used as the default singular because they complained they was "too clunky"

language is mutable it doesn't work in a single way

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hey binow! Glad to see you posting again.:)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

you listen to muse

holy poo poo for real?

this shatters my whole portrait of the man

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Most people commonly use gender pronouns and I still do sometimes but after practice it's more natural for me to use gender neutral phrases when referring to someone.

Just takes practice

This all came about from working with LGBT youth and getting rid of saying " Hey Guys"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rodatose posted:

prior to the 1800s, singular they was used commonly as a gender neutral pronoun. then english grammarians wrote extensively to have "he" used as the default singular because they complained they was "too clunky"

language is mutable it doesn't work in a single way

Prior to the 1800s you were still retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's not that hard and after awhile you don't notice it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Most people commonly use gender pronouns and I still do sometimes but after practice it's more natural for me to use gender neutral phrases when referring to someone.

Just takes practice

This all came about from working with LGBT youth and getting rid of saying " Hey Guys"

once again proving yall to be the superior term

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Majorian posted:

Hey binow! Glad to see you posting again.:)

A ghost of my former posting self, really

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also it's kind of interesting that most posters assume other posters are male or female because of their screen name.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We'll survive the next four years, duder, don't get too down.:glomp:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

boner confessor posted:

Transgender youth are more than happy to be vocal about not saying you guys cause it really is super insulting in some instances

Also yes Y'all is the superior call out

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

boner confessor posted:

poo poo!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
It's true

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*reaches for the "u old" joke pile*

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
folks is also good if you want to sound less like you're from oklahoma and more like you're a high school guidance counselor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I can't believe we have a spreadsheet detailing every poster but just pile our jokes and props in the center. Why not an organization cubby?

• Locked thread