Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

i liek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

lol at the posters siding with the outdoor IT guy because he's technically correct.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

bitchtard posted:

lol at the posters siding with the outdoor IT guy because he's technically correct.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bitchtard posted:

bad driver spotted

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"when it's icy, drive slower than you normally would because there might be something in your way and you need enough time to stop" is a universal precept of driving

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bitchtard posted:

idk how anyone could side w/ mr garrison

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

it's not okay to endanger people, even if they're stupid

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bitchtard posted:

he didnt endanger anyone tho

there was plenty of room for people to slow down

e: you really earned that username

e: i drive in one of the coldest cities in the world - we get hammered by winter here - everyone knows to slow the gently caress down when its like that. there are no excuses for all the idiot drivers in that video plus the dumb gently caress cameraman.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 15, 2016

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bitchtard posted:

right. those drivers shouldn't endanger themselves or their passengers or other drivers or the Comcast guy out working on their internet.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jre posted:

Hey comcast guy, you should move your truck so that when someone skids you get crushed into the pole you're working on, also you should walk up to a blind summit covered in ice and try and put cones there without getting killed.

bingo

roadside field work is dangerous as poo poo and the comcast guy should've slapped the phone outta that retard's hand

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also the safety procedures were probably set in whatever agreement exists between the state or locality and Comcast wrt utility access

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

bingo

roadside field work is dangerous as poo poo and the comcast guy should've slapped the phone outta that retard's hand

if the work is so important it must performed in those conditions he should have the assistance of law enforcement.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bitchtard posted:

if the work is so important it must performed in those conditions he should have the assistance of law enforcement.

Oh yeah get the poor loving Comcast lineman blamed when somebody gets robbed or shot on the other side of town.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bitchtard posted:

gently caress you

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

powerful squat _/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

powerful squat _/

why isn't this in my living room

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why isn't this in my living room

lmao

oh hey gurl yeah its cool of you to visit lets throw a movie on and get comfy on the sofa

:prepop:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
is this trumps america now where we can't just say "gently caress comcast" nod sagely and maybe post some loving pictures wihtout getting to a car argument?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
i'm just laughing at that last wreck. . .

"OH GOD WATCH OUT WATCH OUT THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT COMCAST"

nope totally not the fault of the dude in the raggedy truck going too fast.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
if i'm at home and my internet is out, the comcast guy is way more important than people in cars

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This is curiously satisfying:

https://lines.chromeexperiments.com/

choose 'Draw'

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
not even joking, a friend of mine works for a cable company doing dispatch.

After the recent hurricane down here he had so many people report about "cable being out. . . no no poles are down in the neighborhood" and he'd get a call from the tech being like "first we had to take a back way cause the main roads flooded out, second. . . 4+ poles are down right next door to the house"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is curiously satisfying:

https://lines.chromeexperiments.com/

choose 'Draw'

lol I drew a dick and got Penn station

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

bitchtard posted:

feel free to write to comcast and tell them to give all their field workers a day off when its a bit snowy out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bitchtard posted:

lol you're dumb as hell

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

feel free to write to comcast and tell them to give all their field workers a day off when its a bit snowy out
and then when someone crashes into that internet box on the side of the road, then what mr. smartguy

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/809492793886408706

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

theflyingexecutive posted:

"when it's icy, drive slower than you normally would because there might be something in your way and you need enough time to stop" is a universal precept of driving

id say anytime you can whip out a camera and film six cars sliding off the road in succession and then a rear ender, the situation is hosed beyond "people need to drive better", even if that is also true

the dude filming should've just called police to sort it out instead of arguing with comcast tho

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol you're dumb as hell

i think there was a problem, and i think that employee should've been finding a solution instead of ignoring it. i agree that people should be more careful when driving but its a bit late for a PSA or drivers ed in this situation.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the dude filming should've just called police to sort it out instead of arguing with comcast tho

agreed

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bitchtard posted:

i think there was a problem, and i think that employee should've been finding a solution instead of ignoring it

deviate from the defined process as outlined in section 16.d of the comcast technician manual? that's a dismissal.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bitchtard posted:

i think there was a problem, and i think that employee should've been finding a solution instead of ignoring it. i agree that people should be more careful when driving but its a bit late for a PSA or drivers ed in this situation.

he would need to cone out a taper for what appears to be around a thousand feet up to the crest of that short hill that the idiot locals are blasting over - dangerous and impractical w/o a crew, significantly improper usage of a temporary traffic taper (people just drive over them when they're too long). even w/ a crew those conditions are too dangerous for a flagger

in conditions like that the police are definitely already stretched thin dealing w/ the higher incidence of crashes elsewhere

which doesn't matter anyway since you need to schedule them beforehand for a temporary lane closure like that and this is clearly emergency work

which doesn't matter anyway since they would laugh in your face if you attempted to secure the police or even a private flasher truck w/ crash attenuators (which is the typical thing used) for a local surface street lane closure like that for even scheduled work

if i were that comcast guy i would've already called the cops tho to tell them to come out and start running speed to catch the idiot locals on that hill since that is what you get when you have ineffective enforcement (or maybe improper signage but it's more likely that they're just ignoring it)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
so it's dumb to have a police car there indicating the hazard as a preventative measure but having that same police car there to ticket everyone who drives into a ditch is the correct answer?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

WHAT HAZARD? he had his cones out to go around the vehicle - that's all thats needed

maybe don't gun it up a hill / turn in the dead of winter

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
do they not have "roadworks in 100m" signs in the US to give people a heads up?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

big scary monsters posted:

so it's dumb to have a police car there indicating the hazard as a preventative measure but having that same police car there to ticket everyone who drives into a ditch is the correct answer?

yes

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Nerd fight

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

My money's on the fat one

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

if only the cops were there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fI5M6_XVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

crap nerd posted:

do they not have "roadworks in 100m" signs in the US to give people a heads up?

yeah those are used if you're doing actual construction work that'll take longer than part of an afternoon

• Locked thread