Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
bee movie memes (beemes) have been replaced with lazy town memes (lazy temes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuEglI6Kems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

keyboard vomit posted:

My money's on the fat one

Thank you for your support.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BhhsEuYXZQ

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

keyboard vomit posted:

My money's on the fat one
mines on the even fatter one

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i just got used to it reading the meme thread

it snowballed out of the bee movie

and like most memes it is beyond explanation

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
usually it's because it (lazytown, bee movie, etc.) hit netflix recently

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

WHAT HAZARD? he had his cones out to go around the vehicle - that's all thats needed

maybe don't gun it up a hill / turn in the dead of winter

Yes, we get it - those drivers were bad and dumb too. But also, if you see that many accidents happen in that short a timespan, maybe do something to help instead of smuggly pointing at how by the book you are sticking to the procedures that are failing for the current context.

Here's what the comcast guy could have done: just put some cones at the top of the crest. Additionally, when the guy came and asked him about it said "hey man, I don't know what to do, can you help - I don't want anyone to get hurt"

*beep boop*

bitchtard posted:

lol at the posters siding with the outdoor IT guy because he's technically correct.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 15, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Vintersorg posted:

maybe don't gun it up a hill / turn in the dead of winter
yeah maybe they shouldn't but people are stupid and you know that they are going to do it so you might as well put in place a cheap preventative measure for these easily predictable and avoidable accidents rather than dealing with the far more expensive and damaging fallout just to teach some idiots a lesson they aren't going to pay attention to anyway

i feel like im gaining some deep insight into the american psyche in this discussion

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Draw birds instead

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

usually it's because it (lazytown, bee movie, etc.) hit netflix recently

can we get a trap sprung on lazytown?

bee movie is only interesting after reading super mecha godzilla's deranged effort posting

and sped up like what

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

so it's dumb to have a police car there indicating the hazard as a preventative measure but having that same police car there to ticket everyone who drives into a ditch is the correct answer?

yes because they're driving recklessly which is dangerous

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yeah maybe they shouldn't but people are stupid and you know that they are going to do it so you might as well put in place a cheap preventative measure for these easily predictable and avoidable accidents rather than dealing with the far more expensive and damaging fallout just to teach some idiots a lesson they aren't going to pay attention to anyway

i feel like im gaining some deep insight into the american psyche in this discussion

they would just run into the protective measures.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i am defeated

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
im in the north of norway at the moment and a lot of the secondary roads are sheets of solid ice covered with a thin layer of compressed snow but ive seen barely any accidents. i guess i am just expecting too much of drivers wherever that video is from

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

KoRMaK posted:

Yes, we get it - those drivers were bad and dumb too. But also, if you see that many accidents happen in that short a timespan, maybe do something to help instead of smuggly pointing at how by the book you are sticking to the procedures that are failing for the current context.

*beep boop*

oh god

he had 2 extra cones -- what else is there to do??

the only thing left is to go home

big flashy signs?

the only one beep booping here is your rear end thinking there is some other solution aside from "don't drive like a dick"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

KoRMaK posted:

there is nothing the comcast guy could have safely done though?? he simply doesn't have any of the other equipment. nor would like a power company guy or anyone else doing a similar job.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
ive seen a shitload of sick drifts and skids though

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

common loving sense is apparently on trial here

BEEP BOOP

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

bird os

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

im in the north of norway at the moment and a lot of the secondary roads are sheets of solid ice covered with a thin layer of compressed snow but ive seen barely any accidents. i guess i am just expecting too much of drivers wherever that video is from

the diff between norwegian driver training and american driver training is like navy seal camp versus cub scouts

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

jesus loving christ half of the threads on SA are talking about this poo poo today, can just ONE thread shut the gently caress up about it

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

sandoz posted:

jesus loving christ half of the threads on SA are talking about this poo poo today, can just ONE thread shut the gently caress up about it

You are going to need to be more specific

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

sandoz posted:

post a picture and change the world friend

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

sandoz posted:

Draw birds, post birds

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

the diff between norwegian driver training and american driver training is like navy seal camp versus cub scouts

i was reading this thing (definitely not cracked.com) where only 30 or so states issue a license that you can use on the autobhan

if your state doesn't make you do 80 on your driving test you're out

which is weird because it's not legal to drive 80 most places

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Got this sweet framed poster for $10 at an antiques market

Sorry about the angle, it's the only way I could avoid glare.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

these are not the borks i was looking for :mad:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Half of the world is talking about how it's winter all of the sudden what gives?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm usually the first person to argue against tori when he starts crusading for grandma-driving, but even I agree that if you're driving so fast that you can't stop in the amount of road you can see, you're a huge gosh dang doofus

if the cars had come over the crest and hit a mattress lying in the road, would you blame the mattress?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I'm usually the first person to argue against tori when he starts crusading for grandma-driving, but even I agree that if you're driving so fast that you can't stop in the amount of road you can see, you're a huge god dang doofus

if the cars had come over the crest and hit a mattress lying in the road, would you blame the mattress?

No, well maybe a little bit. The god drat lay-about

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Half of the world is talking about how it's winter all of the sudden what gives?

the arctic moved down to the us/canadian border for its last gasp

don't look forward to arctic ice next year

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

they all have winter tires though

lol if you expect the average american to get winter tires in areas that could use them

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Salt Fish posted:

idk my friend is in the antarctic at the moment and says it's barely even below freezing most days. some winter that is!

e: ^^ yeah it's a legal requirement here, i had a set fitted before i drove up and they make driving in snow pretty fun instead of scary

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

meatpotato posted:

Got this sweet framed poster for $10 at an antiques market

Sorry about the angle, it's the only way I could avoid glare.

Nice!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I wish poppy would make weather report videos like that one dude on youtube.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50V0PpGCRpU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

the great production values

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

https://twitter.com/joe_burdick/status/809401326396436481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

After skirting the inevitable for a couple months, we were all surprised that it finally snowed

• Locked thread