Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it starts to rain

"it's starting to rain" says my boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

remember when hollismason told me to go to law school and how he was bootstrapping himself and then it turned out his poo poo was actually bullshit and he was getting a lot of help

this seems unrelated to him having bad opinions about music dickeye

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Townes Van Zandt is a better singer and songwriter than Leonard Cohen so was Lou Reed.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/809509692703653888

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

remember when hollismason told me to go to law school and how he was bootstrapping himself and then it turned out his poo poo was actually bullshit and he was getting a lot of help

No, I said you should go to school and I kind of admitted I was getting help and you should check out the DRS.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i thought "move gendered insult" was about driving in crowded traffic.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Hollismason posted:

Townes Van Zandt is a better singer and songwriter than Leonard Cohen so was Lou Reed.

how do you feel about the hit lou reed/metallica collaborative album "Lulu"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i can't even tell who's fuckbarrelling who anymore

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Chelb posted:

I think it was Lou Reeds idea of a practical joke.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hollismason posted:

They've got like 8 albums in 35 years and like 4 songs that people know. Big loving deal.

They're not poo poo but they're not like a musical staple or some dumb poo poo.

They're literally what cultural appropriation looks like.

hey I just stumbled in whats al this about

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hollismason posted:

oh god nevermind don't tell me

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

On this forum a long time ago in one of the left-wing literature threads there was a book linked that was basically a history of the secret operations of American intelligence agencies sort of in the style of the people's history of the united states. I'm pretty sure it's well known because I saw it multiples places and times, but I can't remember what it was called and can't find it in threads. Does anyone know what that was?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

this seems unrelated to him having bad opinions about music dickeye

its just a general "this guy sucks" thing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

hey I just stumbled in whats al this about

Apparently The Beastie Boys created hip hop and Kanye West should thank them publicly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Hollismason posted:

Apparently The Beastie Boys created hip hop and Kanye West should thank them publicly.

Oh good loving god

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hollismason posted:

ok well I read one page back and why even lie like this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

On this forum a long time ago in one of the left-wing literature threads there was a book linked that was basically a history of the secret operations of American intelligence agencies sort of in the style of the people's history of the united states. I'm pretty sure it's well known because I saw it multiples places and times, but I can't remember what it was called and can't find it in threads. Does anyone know what that was?

It was probably Killing Hope.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

i can't even tell who's fuckbarrelling who anymore

Me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

one hundred years of solitude

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

it would be killing hope the book that gets mentioned like every three pages in any given thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hollismason posted:

who the gently caress even said this you stupid rear end in a top hat

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

i would cut my legs and tits off when i think of boris karloff

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I preferred "Killing Jesus," By William O'Rilley.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lulu is no joking the best thing either lou reed or metallica has put out in a quarter century

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
avs, have you considered taking your company down from the inside? that would be one way to kill time

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

you sound mad.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i would cut my legs and tits off when i think of boris karloff

Why do I cheat on me? Why do I cheat on me? Why do I cheat on me? Why do I... cheat on me? Why, why do I cheat on me, why? Come on! Why do I cheat on me? Why do I cheat on me?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

one hundred years of solitude

a good answer

not correct, but good

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lulu is no joking the best thing either lou reed or metallica has put out in a quarter century

i don't understand this music

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

avs, have you considered taking your company down from the inside? that would be one way to kill time
apparently bored workers committing sabotage against their own companies is a major problem in every industry

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
You might be mad right now, literally the worst. it's a possibility.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rodatose posted:

I preferred "Killing Jesus," By William O'Rilley.

did that happen?

i almost feel like it did but he'd have said christ because jesus is too jewy

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

apparently bored workers committing sabotage against their own companies is a major problem in every industry

consider taking the minerals, for your own personal use

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

syscall girl posted:

did that happen?

i almost feel like it did but he'd have said christ because jesus is too jewy

"Of its sales success, The Washington Post wrote, “The most popular titles in the Washington area have a distinctly biblical glow: for the second week in a row, Killing Jesus by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard is No. 1. This is the third in their spectacularly successful assassination series.”

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

you mean it's a theme album????

here's where what I said about making a statement against a thing but delivered primarily through the aspects of said thing is iffy

i'll admit i've heard runaway like twice because i always skip over that one but with blame game the funny yeezy bought me sketch at the end makes kanye sound like a real cool guy

rodatose, who already cannot distinguish Kanye from jay z, also cannot distinguish chris rock from Kanye

rodatose may or may not have human ears

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Avshalom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hollismason posted:

It was probably Killing Hope.

That's it, thanks

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

why does new star trek keep playing sabotage and not intergalactic? this bothers me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why does new star trek keep playing sabotage and not intergalactic? this bothers me

cause they're not very good movies OP

• Locked thread