Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

it's more than a little sour

Well yeah, okay, I could have said 'quite sour' and been accurate.

AlbieQuirky posted:

The people at Ethiopian and Eritrean restaurants will bring you a fork if you ask. Sometimes that's easier for me if my arthritis is bad, and they never seem to mind or give me a funny look.

Zilzil tibsy and doro wat would be high up on my "last meal" choices.

The one around here just leaves forks and spoons on the table just in case.

Yebeg wat is my favourite, especially with some shiro wat to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't have kids.

Not having kids is a common side effect of PCOS.

Now I want lotus root. Thanks.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I actually really like the whole injera-as-plate-and-utensils thing. I don't know why, probably because it triggers some latent 'eat with your hands' thing in my brain.

Yeah, whenever I make curry I usually buy a bunch of naan and we end up eating it primarily that way, ripping up the naan and scooping up the curry with it

I really want ethiopian food now, there's a place on my way home, and I've never had it, and I keep being reminded that it's amazing

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Today's selection, pork tamale nakhimov, beef soup, salad.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
Re: Subway chat - whenever I get into a depression funk, I find myself eating at subway a lot. Usually a turkey sub. It's like the white noise of food.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you want to be depressed, until very recently Subway was by far the best sandwich you could get in my part of China and it was a special treat to go there occasionally. It was also impossible to buy bread worth eating and cold cuts didn't exist so you couldn't just make sandwiches at home that were worth a poo poo unless you did literally every part of it from scratch, including curing your own meat.

This is, fortunately, no longer true. It's still one of the better sandwich choices, superior to any of the local/Korean places, but there are a few real sandwich shops now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How did you find that cafeteria's Twitter anyway, it's triggering me with a deluge of repressed school lunch memories.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

steinrokkan posted:

How did you find that cafeteria's Twitter anyway, it's triggering me with a deluge of repressed school lunch memories.

Someone posted it earlier in this thread (or possibly a previous/different thread).

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

High School Friend posted:

Gluten free cheesy tot breakfast bake for work breakfast!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Food disaster thread: I cut up jalapeños then rubbed my eye please send help

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

If you want to be depressed, until very recently Subway was by far the best sandwich you could get in my part of China and it was a special treat to go there occasionally. It was also impossible to buy bread worth eating and cold cuts didn't exist so you couldn't just make sandwiches at home that were worth a poo poo unless you did literally every part of it from scratch, including curing your own meat.

This is, fortunately, no longer true. It's still one of the better sandwich choices, superior to any of the local/Korean places, but there are a few real sandwich shops now.

Sounds like my part of Guangzhou 10 years ago.

e: Macau, however, had great sandwiches.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Megabound posted:

Sounds like my part of Guangzhou 10 years ago.

e: Macau, however, had great sandwiches.

Those pork chop sandwiches in Macao. :fap:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every time I see a pic like this I'm hearing Eddie Izzard from his Darth Vader routine. "This one's wet, this one's wet, this one's wet..."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I don't know what schools you attended, but that meal looks like it should be served in a loving missile silo

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

BraveUlysses posted:

These are usually called atomic buffalo turds and they are delicious

I have never heard them called that. That name is super hosed-up and bad.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I have wondered for decades why fast food chains like McD's and Burger King don't serve hot dogs. Theyh're so cheap, and easy to prepare. Why not, I always asked myself. Well, I tried a Chili dog from Burger King yesterday.

Now I know why they never served hot dogs. :(

Let me take you on a food journey (through Mordor):

The bun was moist, but not in a pleasant way. It was both cold and, despite being bread, runny somehow. The bottom left a paste-like film on both the cardboard container and on my hands. This was probably from the chili, which was watery and somehow was instantly cold, as if the hot dog was a freezer pack. The tiny chunks of "meat" in the chili just kind of speckled the top of the bun like freckles. There wasn't enough substance to the chili to hide the clammy shame of the bun after it's encounter with the chili. While beans usually blend in with chili, these stood out like tiny hot dogs just scattered all over the place, having no thick base or meat to snuggle down into. They mostly fell off in eating the hot dog, making the meal as messy to eat as it was unpleasant. The hot dog itself was aggressively bland, and rubbery. I know that's the expectation with cheap hot dogs, but this was literally the coldest, wettest, most rubbery hot dog I have ever eaten. And I have eaten more gas station hot dogs than I care to admit.

BK chili dog: saddest chili dog.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's why if you want fast food chain hot dogs, you want Sonic. Because they mean it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah, whenever I make curry I usually buy a bunch of naan and we end up eating it primarily that way, ripping up the naan and scooping up the curry with it

I really want ethiopian food now, there's a place on my way home, and I've never had it, and I keep being reminded that it's amazing

Of course, enjoy the fact you live somewhere where Ethopian is even an option.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

Food disaster thread: I cut up jalapeños then rubbed my eye please send help

i'm writing up the eulogy now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Of course, enjoy the fact you live somewhere where Ethopian is even an option.
Somehow my tiny-rear end German hometown in the middle of nowhere has managed to become home to a great Ethiopian restaurant, hiding away in an unassuming side road, when you can't find any Ethiopian even in cities ten times the size. Apparently the owners had lived there for 30 years and eventually decided, let's open a restaurant. By a similar process there is also now one of the most authentic Thai places I've ever been to, wedged between hardware stores and a junkyard.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

That's why if you want fast food chain hot dogs, you want Sonic. Because they mean it.

Sonic dogs are still worse than pretty much any gas station dog. I'm not sure why but hot dogs just don't work at fast food places

Also obligatory picture of sonic's official representation of their cheese fries

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Sonic dogs are still worse than pretty much any gas station dog. I'm not sure why but hot dogs just don't work at fast food places

Also obligatory picture of sonic's official representation of their cheese fries

"It looked like it was about to rain, so we put a plastic raincoat on your fries. You're welcome in advance."

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Vanity Fair eviscerated the Trump Grill today.

Here's the Ivanka Salad and Don Jr's favourite "Filet Mignon".

Just burn it to the ground, America. If I made that sadfuck excuse for a steak at home, I'd want to apologise to the cow.

EDIT: That steak costs THIRTY-ONE DOLLARS! American dollars. What the hell?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Ivanka likes her salad sopping wet, just like young Trump likes his extra well done steak.

The sad broccoli :smith:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Distorted Kiwi posted:

This may be skewed since cost of living here is ridiculous, but $31 for a filet mignon actually seems cheap to me. I think at a good steakhouse (I realize that this is what separates the above and this statement), a filet mignon is an easy $40-50.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yes, but on the other hand would you pay 30 dollars for that steak

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

That thing is like the Sad World version of my avatar.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AnonSpore posted:

Yes, but on the other hand would you pay 30 dollars for that steak

Even disregarding the association of Trump with cheap and tacky, I'm fairly certain I've seen better steaks come out of a Chili's or TGI Friday's.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
That is 1000% not a filet mignon. Looks more like a sirloin or a lovely ribeye.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

If it's anything like the Trump Bar, they probably ran out of actual filet mignon.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

me, trying to eat less and lose weight: 👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

uh a cocktail in manhattan 15 years ago was $14, i'm actually surprised that steak isn't double the price

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

me, trying to eat less and lose weight: 👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌

Would without hesitation

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Something about that poo poo really played with my head when I was a kid and each flavor would taste different than normal ketchup in a really gross way. Like the green tasted like a weird veggie spread and the purple was meat flavored. I know it was just my brain playing tricks on me but they grossed me the gently caress out

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Something about that poo poo really played with my head when I was a kid and each flavor would taste different than normal ketchup in a really gross way. Like the green tasted like a weird veggie spread and the purple was meat flavored. I know it was just my brain playing tricks on me but they grossed me the gently caress out

Maybe your brain was on to something all along :huh:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Vanity Fair eviscerated the Trump Grill today.

Here's the Ivanka Salad and Don Jr's favourite "Filet Mignon".

Just burn it to the ground, America. If I made that sadfuck excuse for a steak at home, I'd want to apologise to the cow.

Given that the target market is PCOS Bill, job well done.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Snoo posted:

I call it 'chicken parmesan'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't know what schools you attended, but that meal looks like it should be served in a loving missile silo

Czech schools. That cafeteria serves typical meals inherited from the Communist period of public eating, when any culinary considerations came second to just filling a plate with clumsily ladled cheap slop.